Revenge is best served cold.

By Salem_Kitchen_Witch

Start date : 11-27-23 publish date 11-28-23 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ just another story with maybe a b... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14

12

238 16 3
By Salem_Kitchen_Witch

Wei Ying sat up somewhere, he drank some refreshing water as he watched the elegant fog up in the mountains slowly pass. He thought about what had happened in class. He crossed his legs and sighed.

"But I wasn't wrong though... Energy is energy..." Wei Ying muttered.

He stared out in the distance as he thought, resentful could indeed be used for good things like spiritual Qi, the only thing that is different in his opinion is the color and the name. Soon enough, he heard the familiar chatter of his besties, he looked down and saw Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang talking and walking.

He smiled and decided to join them, he jumped down and spooked them, Nie Huaisang jumping in fight, and Jiang Cheng almost drawing out his sword.

"Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Cheng seethed.

Nie Huaisang just sighed after realizing it was just a friend and not a foe "You gave us a fright" He sighed out.

Wei Ying just gave off a smile and carefree answer "Sorry, what'cha talking about? Can I join?" Wei Ying asked.

"We were just talking about you anyway, you're really amazing you know that? You actually left when he told you to, he was too stumped to talk after you left, it was like he was speechless!" Nie Huaisang said, a smile full of admiration on his face.

Wei Ying sighed "What the hell does he want me to do? I answered questions, I got out when the geezer told me to, I feel like he is just targeting me at this point so why the hell should I care?" Wei Ying asked.

Jiang Cheng sighed "Say what you want, but keep it to yourself when we're not at Lotus Pier, some Sects don't approve of that type of thinking, last thing anyone wants is someone getting hurt, I especially don't want you getting hurt" He said.

"Aww, I love you too" Wei Ying threw an arm over his shoulder.

"Don't push it, also, Lan Qiren told me to tell you that he set up a punishment for you" He said.

Wei Ying rolled his eyes "Not a surprise, what does he want me to do?"

"Copy the 'Hightest Justice' chapter at least three times" Jiang Cheng brushed Wei Ying's arm off of his shoulder.

Wei Ying scoffed "What does he want me to get out of it?" Wei Ying asked, crossing his arms.

"Learning what ethics and natural law is" Jiang Cheng answered.

"Please, I learnt that shit when I was 7, I don't wanna study that crap again" Wei Ying slumped his shoulders.

"I'd do it for you, but he has assigned someone to supervise you" Nie Huaisang said.

"Does he think I'm a child? Who does he have assigned?" Wei Ying asked, his expression going dark, Nie Huaisang shivered, it was dark and mean.

"Watch your face, your Wen side is getting out again" Jiang Cheng calmly said.

Wei Ying snapped out of it "Sorry, I have a problem when people have a problem with me when I don't know who they are to begin with" Wei Ying rubbed his face.

"Lots of people have that problem, and the person he assigned to watch over you is Lan Wangji, one of the Twin Jades of Lan, he is the strictest aside from Lan Qiren" Nie Huaisang said.

Wei Ying felt his mood liven up after he heard when the Nie boy had said.

"Lan Wangji? Perfect, he and I were gonna hang out anyway, I'll guess we'll hang out and I'll do the punishment, sound fair" He said, standing straight.

Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang were stumped, when had Wei Ying of all people befriended Lan Wangji?

Wei Ying arrived at the Library where his punishment was assigned, and once he arrived, Lan Wangji was already sitting here, seeming to be doing his own thing as he copied something down. Once Wei Ying had entered, his soft, cold Golden eyes looked up Wei Ying's Silver eyes.

"Yo, sorry I was late, I got lost halfway here and I had to find someone to lead me here" Wei Ying said as he sat down.

Lan Wangji just nodded, it appeared he'd have dismissed his tardiness regardless if he had an excuse or not "As long as you're here to do the punishment" He simply said.

Wei Ying smiled as he sat down and began his little punishment, he sat at the same table as Lan Wangji, stealing glimpses of the Lan boy whenever he could, and there was indeed nothing to complain about on him, his skin was soft and pure as Jade, perfectly pale, but still healthy, lashes long that it made Wei Ying want to slightly brush his fingertip over them.. He even held a perfect, and handsome face.

      He would indeed be popular with the ladies one day one he reaches a mature age.

     'Certainly a lot more handsome than Wen Chao...' Wei Ying had thought.

      He didn't even bother with trying to school his thoughts or the emotions he held for him. Wei Ying hadn't realized he'd been staring at him until Lan Wangji spoke.

      "What is it?" He asked, his voice quiet and deep, but very soothing and calming at the same time.

     Wei Ying snapped out of his thoughts "Sorry, I was just thinking" He didn't lie.

      Before Lan Wangji could speak, a Lan disciple walked in and addressed both Lan Wangji and Wei Ying.

     "Apologies for disturbing" He began "But Wei Wuxian's presence is needed at the front gates of the clan, he has a visitor who doesn't have access to enter" He said.

      Wei Ying was confused, what kind of guest would he have? Wei Ying just signed for how many times that day, and got up, smiling at Lan Wangji "I'll try to make this quick, I'll be back"

        Lan Wangji only nodded, but he was curious, who would be the person? He could only watch as Wei Ying left, following the Lan disciple to the front gates of the Lan Clan.

     It was only when he reached the gates did he find who his guest was...
     The male smiled as he greeted Wei Ying "Wen Ying, or I should say now, Wei Ying, pleasure to see you again" his voice was deep, and amused.

    Wei Ying stiffened and paled as he watched as Wen Rouhan walked up to him, a smile on his face.

     "S...Sect leader Wen... What are you-"

     "Please, nothing had changed, you can still address me as you once did, I'm not here to cause trouble, I simply wish to chat over wine" He said.

     Wei Ying clenched his fists, but eased himself "Rouhan... How did you find me?"

     "That useless son of mine doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut, I wish to talk, are you free?"

     Wei Ying thought for a moment "Sure I guess..."

    When Rouhan placed his arm over Wei Yings shoulders "Great, I'll try to not keep you long, let's go into a restaurant and chat" He said.

      Despite Wen Rouhan being an evil and cruel man, Wei Ying felt no danger from him whatsoever, so, he only calmly agreed when Wen Rouhan pulled Wei Ying along with him into a restaurant one they reached into the little village.

      They sat as wine was poured for them, once the waiter left, did the Sect Leader speak.

     "I know what Wen Chao did, I deeply apologize to you, and I'm ashamed of him" He said as he took a sip of his wine.

     Wei Ying didn't know what he was expecting to hear from the Wen Sect leader, but he sure as hell wasn't expecting an apology of all things. Wei Ying was more shocked to hear that Wen Chao had did something. 

     "It was wrong of him to blame that treasonous act on you, how are your wounds?"

    "All healed thanks to the Jiang Sect"

     "Mn, I should give proper thanks to them as well"

    "Why are you really here?"

    "I want to talk to you regarding Wen Chao"

    "I'm done with him, and I'm doing fine on my own. What is there to talk about?"

    "I'm planning to take his rights as an heir away, and make you the next sect leader of the Wen"

     Wei Ying remained silent...

     Wei Ying?! The Wen Clan Leader?!

     "I think your delusional"

     "I think I'm correct on this"

     "Why would I want to be sect leader?"

     "Cause I know you'd do better than what Wen Chao would do, he's an asshole, and I think you're great for the clan, I'm an asshole too, but I want my clan to be in good hands" Wen Rouhan lean on his chair, crossing his arms.

     Wei Ying was absolutely struck "Besides, I've been toying with the thought of you being Wen sect leader during the years you were under me" He smiled.

     "Why now?"

     "Tried finding you, never did, thought you died and I hated that, only to find out that you're still alive? Of course I'd want to see my favorite disciple again. We have always been close, have we not?"

       It was true, while Wei Ying still identified as "Wen Ying/Wuxian", he and Wen Rouhan were always close. When Rouhan had made Wei Ying his head disciple, his personal attendant in most meetings, he even handed him tasks that a sect leader would do, but Wei Ying perfected them elegantly well. Wei Ying had sometimes referred Wen Rouhan as his "Shizun" or "Shifu" when Wei Ying was in a good mood.

     Wei Ying hated Wen Chao, but he could never hate the Sect, much less Wen Rouhan who had always taught him all he knows. Wei Ying looked at his own cup of wine in front of him.

      "Can I hear it again?"

      Wei Ying looked at him, confused "What?"

     "Call me Shifu one more time, I missed that, it always made me feel good about myself" He said, his voice now deep and gentle.

     Wei Ying nodded "Alright then, Shifu, why do you wish for me to be ur heir? Surely you have better candidates?"

     "This Shifu of yours does not, I planned to name you the new Sect heir, but then the elders had you banished, so my plans were ruined"

       Wei Ying still couldn't believe what he was hearing. Was what he was saying true?

     "Why me though? I'm not even born from your sect, I have no Wen blood running through my veins" Wei Ying clarified.

     When Rouhan smiled "I know that, but simply don't care, if the sect leader finds someone worthy, who am I to pass that up?" He asked.

      Wei Ying still didn't know what to say "Come back to the Wen clan" He pleaded.

    Wei Ying looked up at him confused and shocked "You don't have to answer right away, at least think about it, once you give me your answer, we can go from there. If you say yes to coming back, I'll give you the title of Sect heir and you can turn the Wen clan to your vision, but if you say no, but still wish to return, that's okay, I'll give you your old position back. But if you don't want to come back and do not want to be sect leader, the I hope we can be allies" He said, a soft, and gentle, and genuine smile on his face.

     Wei Ying took his wine and gulped it down in one go "I'll think about it... but I won't promise anything"

      "I know you won't, I know you well enough that you don't make promises unless you know for a fact that you can keep them"

      "Glad we're on the same page..* Wei Ying said.

     When Rouhan nodded "agreed, now, tell me what happened after you were banished, I do wish to hear all about your adventures" Wen Rouhan said.

     Wei Ying smiled, it felt like he was back at the Wen clan, where Wen Rouhan and Wei Ying got to hang out and just talk about whatever was on their minds....

      Wen Rouhan felt comfortable with Wei Ying.....

     And Wei Ying felt comfortable with Wen Rouhan......

     [To be Continued]

       Heyyyyyy! Ik I've been dead, but oh well, I have had ZERO motivation to write and I forgot my stories existed.
       I had to reread this shit to find where the hell I was going with this and I finally remembered in the 10th chapter I think... I don't remember now...
       But I hope this chapter was at least up to ur satisfaction and whatnot...
       Imma go either to bed or on character AI. To give them my daily therapy sessions (I give them therapy, they don't give me therapy, but I go along with the role play..... yes, I'm that lonely)....
       But yea....
       Have a good Morning/Afternoon/Night!
       See you in the next chapter or in any of my other books!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 7.3K 43
*completed* What if after 10 years of their marriage Wei Ying died. Having no golden core he cannot live long with his husband Lan Zhan. Devastated...
30.7K 1.7K 7
A short story about An Omega Dragon Lan Wangji and an Alpha Fox Wei Wuxian... Mn... It's gonna be spicy..😉 Story idea by this cutie : @ZSWWFAN TOP:...
255K 25.6K 60
"I will wait for you at dusk. I will come to you at dawn." An epic love story that starts 4 centuries ago with a promise that is left un...