Stars Aligned | βœ“

By weirdpranialive_

Book #1 of the Stars Series. ~She taught him to speak out loud He taught her to hear the silence~ ✨ "Do you... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
Epilogue
When Our Stars Collided!

46

3.3K 355 297
By weirdpranialive_

Chapter Forty-Six
"You would let our babies cry?"

× ANANYA ×

My eyelids slowly opened when I felt someone shaking me, I made an irritated face at the disturbance in my sleep and opened them completely only to find an unknown man in front of my eyes.

I looked around to check which world I entered, but it was just the Earth. The man was my cab driver and I had reached my location. I halfway slept in it because I was too tired.

"Ma'am, we've reached," He said and I nodded shaking my head lightly after transferring him the money through net banking.

"Thank you" I passed him a smile before stepping outside the car and he gave me a quick nod.

It was my twenty-fourth birthday in a few hours, and I was so hell excited for it for the past two months and now that the day is coming closer, I feel drained. And sad. And gloomy. And that life is meaningless.

It's my ritual to cry on every birthday for some reason or other. The most common reason was my expectation and hope for it to turn out well, once in my life. I knew the same would happen this time.

However, Kirti, Deven, and Vivian told me that they had a surprise planned so I just had to reach the location they gave me, which was a silly little empty cafe.

At the start, I was very excited about the surprise and I somewhere thought that it would be related to Sahil, but then what if it's just in my head? My delusional mind would make Aditya Roy Kapoor fall in love with me too. And also the fact that Sahil already apologized to me for the millionth time for not being able to present there on my birthday.

I thought I'd meet him by the excuse of my birthday but alas, he's not my fictional boyfriend who would leave all his work and land here in a private jet just to wish me on my birthday.

And the fact that even after I sent him the letter along with the chocolates, he didn't show a reaction neither did he come here or speak about it, confused me to an extent.

My optimistic side was very sure that he missed out on the letter and therefore did not speak about it. Because I had written my feelings on it and practically confessed everything to him, and he didn't even speak about it? That is unlike him. So I guessed that the dumb human did not get it.

Kirti had given me a specific bodycon dress to wear which was dark purple and had thin straps with a slit starting from the side. I usually avoid wearing dresses with slits but I was forced into this because according to Kirti, this dress was made for me as it fitted me in a very perfect way and hugged all my curves making my body look sexy.

I disagree with most of it. I find one thing or another in myself that I tend to dislike for the day and then ruin it.

My hairstyle was half up half down and it suited the dress because now my hair was reaching to my chest.

Look at me, I used to hate long hairs and now I am taking the trouble of washing long hairs and maintaining them just because someone said that they wanted to see me in long hairs.

He won't even remember it now, I bet.

Lightly pushing the cafe's door open, I was greeted by the receptionist with a small smile on my face. My brows furrowed when I noticed the cafe was decorated with lovely red and white colored balloons as if it was Valentine's Day.

"Is there something special today?" I asked the receptionist while she nodded her head trying to hide her smile but it was visible. 

"The owner did it by himself for his lady love" She replied and my lips immediately broke into a smile.

Wow. The owner came directly out of the fictional book. I appreciate his efforts, his lady love is so fucking lucky in life.

When will it be me god?

When I tried to open the chapter of my love life and write a letter and mail it to him along with the chocolates and still didn't receive a response, I believed my love life was going to take a lot of time.

Let me just freaking see him for once, I'll directly confess everything because I am well aware that he won't. He is willingly ready to be just friends with me all his life.

I'm not ready for that.

I'm in love with that man. Everything he does, everything he is. His every perfection and even more with his every flaw which he would not hide but rather announce. With his lame humor and professional flirting skills. With the tint of red that appears on his face on every small thing. With the calm he brings, with the silence he beholds. I'm in love with every bit, every part, every side of him.

I might have realized it too late, but this distance of months made me realize how much he mattered in my life. How he became an important part in such a short duration. How I miss him every single second and how he doesn't leave my mind even for a minute.

Whenever someone does a small thing which he does too, my mind thinks only of one thing, Sahil does that too.

How I miss being called Chamatkar now.

A small smile out of sadness was placed on my face right after I thought that. I miss him.

The receptionist brought me out of my world and told me to go upstairs to the terrace as my friends were waiting there. Do they rent the place or what?

Wait, none of them is that rich. And three of them doing it together would be just a waste of their money. So they wouldn't.

I nodded and climbed the stairs, slowly and carefully because I was wearing heels. I did not want to break my leg a few hours before my birthday.

Everything was dark upstairs, there was not a single light turned on. And this scared the shit out of me.

What if this is just a plan and I'm getting kidnapped?

Why do I have an obsession with getting myself kidnapped? Because I have been scared of that since my childhood. Even that square van thing with a sliding door scared the shit out of me in childhood.

But who would dare to kidnap Mafia Queen Ananya? I'm a self-proclaimed one, so anyone can dare to do that.

Chanting God's name and reminding him how much I love him and how sorry I was because my schedule was so tight that I couldn't visit the temple this week, I took my phone out of my stupid weird clutch which wouldn't open, and I turned on the flashlight.

The goosebumps aroused on my skin because of fear and the cold wind. My heart started beating fast and I tried not to get scared.

Ghost- what if- No.

Kanha ji, pakka next hafte present rahungi. Next hafte kya, kal hi aaungi compensate karne. Mahine ka pehle absent mark tha woh maaf k ardena mujhe please. Pehla pyaar ho na aap mere bachpan ke, please.

[God, please I'll be present at the temple next week. Or better, I'll come there tomorrow only to compensate my absence last week. That was the month's first absent mark please forgive me.]

"Kirti?" I called out but there was no response.

"Vivian? Deven?" Once again I was answered by a silence.

"Guys stop this bullshit. I'm leaving now. Okay, y'all enjoy my birthday party because I'm leaving" My voice was a little loud this time.

"Have some patience Ananya, just fucking wait for a few seconds there is a human error here. Or more like the human himself is an error" I heard Vivian's loud voice from another direction and I turned my flash to that direction trying to find him.

"What nonsense? I can't understand anything. Where are y'all?" I asked back and there was no response.

Wow. Great. Awesome. Amazing. Wonderful.

"Bye, guys. I'm leaving" I said and turned around not wanting to waste my time in their nonsense.

A soft tug at my wrist held me back and I turned out in annoyance to check who it was. My phone's flashlight directly landed on the person's face making me gasp with an amused smile and my face lit up within a second.

"Fuck" I whispered and all my happiness immediately vanished.

"Wait, it's not really real. I'm probably seeing him again." I shook my head at my lover girl behavior closed my eyes and lowered my hand holding the phone.

He will vanish.

Three.

Two.

"It is really real, Chamatkar" I felt a pull and opened my eyes at this statement only to find Sahil a few inches away from me with his smile which could light up the town and my phone fell from my hand but who the fuck gives a flying fuck about it?

The happiness on my face was unexplainable so I screamed trying to give it an explanation and immediately threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. I felt his hands sliding to my back and his grip tightening. He took in a deep breath as if inhaling the smell of my hair first And later lifted me slightly holding my waist after acknowledging my struggle.

The lights were suddenly turned on and the whole terrace was decorated in red and white balloons. Some were scattered down at the ground. The lights weren't bright but dim giving an romantic vibe. He was wearing a suit which had the same colour as my dress.

"I missed you so much, I can't even explain it in words" I heard him say but didn't react to it for a while. I was still processing all of this.

"I missed you too," I said softly and after a while of our bodies completely touching each other, we broke the hug. Our hands were still holding each other's.

"This was the best surprise I've ever received in my life" Looking straight into his eyes gave me a feeling of warmth and a grin present on my face.

"There's more to come but I promise to make this the best and the unforgettable one," he said and winked all of a sudden leaving my brows furrowed. I let it go.

"Okay, but Sahil why did you not respond to the letter?" I asked him the question which had been roaming in my mind since the day I sent him that.

"Which letter?" I felt his thumb and index finger pressing each of my fingers turn by turn.

"The one I sent you" he stopped his work on my fingers and glanced at me in confusion.

"You sent me a letter?" I nodded in affirmation at his question.

"Along with the chocolates. It was hidden at the bottom of the box" I told him he thought for a while.

"Oh my god, That was a letter I never opened it" I already thought so. I just needed some assurance.

"You are dumb. Never mind it's okay, I'll say what was written now. I can't stop myself anymore" I said and he placed a finger on my lips.

"Let me speak today, I've been planning it for a month now." My mouth hung slightly open but he didn't remove his fingers.

What if I bite his finger?

Not the right time, Anu. Don't let your intrusive thoughts win.

But I want to Control, Ananya, Control.

He snapped his fingers twice and suddenly the sound of water falling was heard, without my realizing all my clothes were drenched in water, and my hairstyle, makeup everything was ruined but I could care less. I love rain.

It is not even monsoon. Where is the water coming from? I looked up in the sky only to find a man standing on the topmost part of the terrace at a corner, it was a few feet higher than the surface we were standing on, and only his back could be seen and he was holding a pipe through which the water was coming out.

"Ayee, don't look up. This was all I could manage to bring your rain in the almost summer season."  He said and I broke into laughter.

"Don't mind me guys. I was paid for this work but I cannot see or hear anything, pretend that I'm the cloud from which rain is coming " It was Vivian's voice and he waved his other hand which was free in the air and I closed my eyes chuckling.

"Okay, so before we run out of water, I'll have to finish this. Don't mind this shortage of time for a very weird reason but yes count my efforts." He said and I nodded.

"I'm counting your efforts," I told him trying to control my laugh at this innocently stupid man in front of me.

"Ananya, I'll come straight to the point this time because if I don't I'll end up friendzoning you again. I'd rather get friend-zoned instead of doing that to you again," I heard him and I nodded waiting not so patiently to hear what he wanted to say.

I knew where this was leading and I was loving every bit of this.

"You know you are a chamatkar in my life, first it was just a silly little nickname but now it's a reality. From the day I met you, my peaceful and boring life was turned upside down full of storms, full of chaos, full of fun, and laughter too. If my life was the silent ocean, then you were the waves of it, if my life was the calm plant, you were the butterfly coming and sitting on it, adding beauty to the plant. But the fact is, I never realized when the waves became a part of the ocean and slowly the ocean."  I mentally noted to appreciate his use of metaphors and told him that they were great because I was too stunned to speak at this moment.

I was living my Bollywood moment.

"I would never fail to thank the drunk Ananya because of whom the whole fake dating sequence took place, because if it didn't, then my life would be just a plant, I would never get to know that there's a beautiful butterfly put there adding her beauty to my plant. I might not be good at expressing my feelings because never in my life I got a chance to do that properly, but I'll do it this time for you. Because you matter, and I fear if I do not do this now, I'll lose you which I would never want in my life. I disliked chaos, but with you, even the chaos felt beautiful" he took a deep breath and paused for a second before bending down on his one knee with a soft smile on his face.

At this action of his, even I bent down ignoring his several hand protests of telling me not to.

It has to be equal. If he can go on his knee for me, then why can I not for him? 

My heart started beating so fast and I bit my lower lip in excitement and nervousness. This was my first time experiencing this feeling and let me tell you it is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world.

Having someone tell you how important you are to them means so much to me.

"I've started seeing a future with you, Ananya. And I want to make it my reality, your reality, our reality. All those moments of our fake-dating, all that bickering, flirting, eye contact, teasings, touchings, they can't seem to get out of my head and honestly, I don't want them to. I want to do all of it, even more of those, with you again. But the only change would be that nothing will be fake this time. It will be as real as my feelings for you if you want, I must add. " I was very confident about bending down and now that my thighs hurt, I placed my hand on his tight for some support, he just let out a chuckle.

"I'm falling in love with all this, Ananya, I'm falling in love with you and I can't stop myself. I don't want to because this is the best feeling ever. These months when you were away from me made me realize how special you are to me. I want to love you, even if you say no, I'll continue doing that, but from far away because that would never stop. But you know what matters more to me, the fact that I want to be loved by you. I want to experience how it feels" The artificial rainwater fell on both of our clothes and faces but it did not matter.

This was my dream proposal and I had told him exactly this when he asked me about my favourite type of proposal.

The fact that it was not monsoon so he created the atmosphere as if it was raining is more than enough for me. It's about the efforts and not the way of the proposal.

"So tell me Ananya, should I vibe to Lover or Champagne problems?" I was amazed by the way the proposal he had used, the huge smile on my face which hadn't left since I entered was proof of that.

"What if I say Champagne problems?" I asked him teasingly and he pouted lightly.

"Never mind then. I'm not forcing you to" I cut him off mid-sentence not being able to control my emotions and held his shoulders, making both of us stand up.

Totally out of the box and very silly but to be honest, my thighs started painting. Sensitive girlie problems.

I went closer to him and placed both his hands on my waist after encircling mine around his neck.

"I'm already in so much love with you, Mr. Sahil Khurana," I confessed my honest feelings while looking deep into his eyes and placed my lips on his after pulling him closer. It was just a small peck but I was sure that he wouldn't initiate it so I had to. I wanted to. Why would he always be the one to do everything for me?

The raindrops were adding additional effect to my perfect Bollywood-ish moment. This is what my hopeless romantic heart had always dreamt of.

"I liked you for so many months, Sahil. Not a lie but you are the best thing that has happened to me in a while. Not only romantically but also along with the love of my life I've also found a best friend, who just wouldn't agree with the fact that he is my best friend. And maybe now, more than that. I don't want to lose this friendship, and neither do I want to lose you ever. And yes, we'll vibe on lover together"  I told him and he nodded.

"With you, I would even listen to babies crying for hours," he said and I scrunched my nose at his weird example.

"Wow. Whose babies would they be?" I asked him raising my brows.

"Ours" he replied and blood rushed into my cheeks with the speed of light.

"You would let our babies cry?" He thought for a while and later shook his head.

"My bad. I wouldn't. I'd be a good father" I chuckled at his response.

"I'm aware."

We both kept staring at each other, we knew what we wanted, the fire in our eyes told us that but none of us was ready to do it.

I had kissed him let it be just a peck, now it's his chance.

The made-up rainwater falling on his hair which was soaked and then sliding down to his face did a few things to me.

He looks so hot.

This man is hot.

Your man is hot

"Can I, Ananya?" He asked and his face showed that he had debated inside his head for a long time.

"Can you what, Sahil?" I asked acting all innocent but the smirk on my face would be the opposite.

"I'll do it, Ananya," he said in a warning tone and his face was closer to mine than before.

"You'll do what, Sahil?" I blinked my eyelashes acting all innocent and brought my face closer to his.

"I'm doing it, Ananya," he said with a firm voice, and by now our noses were touching each other's, eyes not ready to leave.

"Do it" I closed my eyes and the very next moment I felt his lips above mine once again, he was continuously moving his lips over mine, pulling my upper lip and doing things to my lips like an experienced professional, whereas I was struggling and copying whatever he did like a beginner.

Can't blame me, this was my first kiss.

His hand on my waist pulled me closer to him while my hands moved to his wet hair playing with it. His other hand rests on my cheek caressing it lightly. I pushed him lightly when I felt that I was out of breath. He understood the clue and immediately stopped.

We were both a panting mess and my lipstick shade was visible all over his face.

"I wanted to do this for so long," he said.

"I was way ahead of you. I had already imagined it happening." I chuckled and he looked at me with an amusing smirk.

"So your kiss in the rain is also done," he said and I realized it later. The artificial rain suddenly stopped now.

Wow. How many dreams of mine became reality today?

"Artificial rain," I said and chuckled lightly.

"Don't laugh, yaar. I had no other option. I couldn't wait till June. You said your favorite type of proposal is in the rain." I just kept looking at him.

"So you created rain in your little way for me?"

"I would create rainbows and stars for you. Rain is no big deal" I rolled my eyes at the narcissistic tone of his and he pulled up the collar of his shirt.

"How are you doing that?" I asked him narrowing my eyes.

"I'll reveal that some other time" I nodded sarcastically at this flirt while he kept on smiling.

"I can't believe this happened,"  he said taking a step closer and resting his forehead on mine.

"Me too. This feels like a dream." We did not say anything after that and just enjoyed the moment like that, being so close to each other.

Once I heard somewhere that when two people are in love, they would love to sit next to each other for hours without speaking a word. That is the actual love.

I could never understand how that worked, I mean, if you were with your partner why would you sit quietly? You would talk your heart out about every small thing they did, they liked, they regretted, they experienced, their every small thought. Even about how the universe works, or about how the dinosaurs exist.

I would love everything the person I love speaks because it's about the person and not the topic. 

I would love to watch Sahil as he speaks about the how much amount of ingredients I have to put in to make a dish. Even if I know nothing about it. I would listen to him explaining scientific atoms, even if that's the topic I'm least interested in. I would hear him all night speaking about the political parties even if I hate politics. I'd listen to anything he speaks because I'm in love with him.

That is my kind of love.

But if I'm in deep love with him, then I would also understand his kind of love. His way of love. The one in the silence. Now I understand why someone said that, if you are in love with someone you would quietly sit with them without uttering a single word, it's just the silence. That is exactly his way of love.

I have never liked silence, I was born as a chaotic person, the one who would rarely go quiet, the one who finds the silence between two people awkward. With him, it was comfortable, not awkward.

Now I understand this, after being in love with him. Because with him, even the silence was meaningful. 

The end.

Haha kidding y'all. It's not the end. It was a joke.

So how was today's chapter????? I'm so excited to hear your reviews about this.

The update was a little late but I tried to make it worthy.

Btw a question What is your favourite type of proposal? I'd love to know. 

Do vote and share your views on this chapter and ps last chapter I said I'd be happy if it got 150 votes and y'all gave 180, that made me so happy for no big reason. I love you all <3

Cyaa 🤝🏻

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 11.4K 99
Amelia Jones, Amy's good life turned upside down when she lost both her parents in a car accident. Now she got to move in with her father's best frie...
16.5K 360 39
What if your internet crush becomes your present? This is a story of a girl named Ahana who is jovial and carefree. She is like a boy named Aryan. He...
1.2M 72.3K 105
(Apart Series - Book 1) Dev Kapoor... Popularly called DK!!! 31 year old hot headed, carefree, badass was currently the most talked and successful bu...
6.4K 124 22
"Those things you said yesterday... Did you mean them?" - He asked me, still caging me between his arms on either side and I sense the seriousness in...