The Inured Villainess

By emwritesbookstories

Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarna... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 1

1.4K 48 0
By emwritesbookstories

The Moon Palace was almost as grand as the Sun Palace. It sported beautiful gardens and sculptures that gave it life.

In addition to it nature, the interior was filled with aesthetic architecture that baffled my mind.

Though the author of the novel didn't speak much of the Moon Palace since there was no queen, the world had to build on itself. Fill in the holes that the author missed.

"I will be the one to guide Your Majesty." An elderly servant approached me. "My name is Bennett, I am the head butler of the Moon Palace."

He introduced himself in a well mannered way.

"Thank you for your service." I say calmly.

I can't afford to make any mistakes. My life depends on that.

The gentlemen led my around the palace. Showcasing the drawing room, dining room, and other important parts.

My favorites were the art room and the library. The two places where I can just be myself in my free time. I'll return to them when I have more time.

As we went on the tour, I noticed that Bennett had no ill intent towards me or didn't fear me as the rest of the servants. It seems he held a professional stance or was keeping an eye on me for the King. Whatever it is I hope it doesn't cause trouble.

Having finished the tour, it was time for lunch. The servants rushed to get their jobs done, avoiding any interaction with me.

"Your Majesty, here is your lunch?" A timid maid served me my food. She was scared out of her mind, her hands were trembling as she placed the plate in front of me.

"Thank you." I said gracefully. She jumped at the sound of my voice.

What can I do to not make her so fearful?

"Why are you trembling?" I say straightforwardly.

"What?" Her back shoots straight as her face does not hide the fear.

"Has something happened for you to be shaking? A maid of the queen must be confident as her mistress." My voice is calm and powerful, not leaning into the rude behavior the real Estella has. Being inside her body has made me, take some of her qualities. Some that might just even kill me.

"My apologies, Your Majesty. I'm just nervous of being able to serve a great person such as yourself." The young woman bows her head, not keeping eye contact.

I could see the sweat pooling on the sides of her face.

My eyes observe most likely inducing more terror into her.

"Be sure to fix this. I expect great things from you." I turn away from her, looking down at my meal. It looked delicious.

"Thank you, Your Majesty for your kindness." She hurriedly bows, a sigh of relief existing her mouth.

She then quickly shuffles out of the room, no doubt wondering why I didn't punish her. Estella really did have terrible rumors about her. And everyone believed them.

But what do you expect when the rest of your family is just as irrational when it comes to treating others.

*****

Three months have passed, the month of July now upon me. I've been living in the Moon Palace, getting accustomed to the life of an abandoned queen. I have to say the peace and quiet is pleasant, far more than the memories that Estella gave me of her home.

It seemed even with the façade of her being evil, there remained a small child deluded by her parents.

Estella loves the King which her family wishes to get rid of, however she is unaware of the fact. And her treatment in the Claudonia household, her previous home, is not a good one. The family uses her as a pawn and belittles her when she doesn't complete their plans.

I truly pity her, well I guess myself now. She endured so much when she was just trying to earn someone's approval. It's heartbreaking.

In addition to being at peace, I haven't seen His Majesty since that night, he has been avoiding any contact with me. Once a month the king and queen must sleep together in the Sun Palace. I have shown up to his chambers two more times but he was never there.

Because of his absence the servants seem to think I'm not in his favor and deliberately try to ruin things around me. While some still remain timid around me, there are those who don't show their fear. Yesterday, one of my dresses had a small stain on the sleeve.

And today...

I stare down at my tea as I am sitting in the Moon Palace's courtyard. The lovely summer trees proved good shade from the warm sun. While the atmosphere is nice, the company isn't. I believe the head maid of the palace noticed that I wasn't like the rumors and seemed to order around others do not so nice things.

"Cecilia. Come here." I order, staring at one of the influenced maids.

"Yes, Your Majesty, what may I help you with?" She tries not to let a smirk appear on her face.

I push my iced tea glass towards her on the table.

"I want you to drink this." I tell her, my eyes never waver.

"What? I can't, Your Majesty, it is your tea." She deflects my proposal.

"And if it is poisoned? Would you deal with my dead body?" Though I'm just testing her, these maids don't have any respect even to a queen.

"Of course not, Your Majesty! No one would dare poison you." She tries to win my favor once more.

"Then there should not be a problem. Drink." I command her again. She hesitates before taking the glass in her hands.

She suddenly drops the drink on the ground, it shatters, spilling its contents on the lush green grass.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry, Your Majesty. The glass slipped. Please, forgive me." She begs with no remorse in her eyes.

The tea spilled onto the bottom of my dress, soaking the lace.

"Serves her right. She doesn't even have the power to get rid of me, not when she doesn't have the favor of the king. She's an abandoned queen." I hear her evil thoughts rustling in her mind.

The gift I received is the ability to hear others' evil intent. It must be the reason why Estella went insane. She was forced to listen to all these terrible thoughts that haunted her. She realized that the only person's thoughts she can't hear is His Majesty's.

Estella thought he was special and that is why she fell for him. Not realizing that her family wants to kill the king, the person she loves.

If anything, this 'gift' is more of a curse.

The tea Cecilia served me was from the sewage water, her thoughts told me. So occasionally it is a useful gift.

"Lina." I called another maid. "Please escort Cecilia out of the palace. I have no need for maids who are too clumsy to do their job."

Lina is one of the few maids that I only hear her evil thoughts for others, they are never directed at me. This is how I know she works in my favor.

"Your Majesty, you can't do that. I've been a maid here for quite some time. You can't just throw me out." Cecelia tries to convince her way out.

"Tell them she is being thrown out for insulting the Queen. It would be a capitol crime but I was being generous enough to let her live." I say to Lina.

Lina nods and orders the other servants to escort her out.

While I may be nicer than the servants expected, I won't be lenient to those who offend me.

I stand up from my chair, tired from the recent event.

"Lina, follow me, the rest of you may leave." I order the crowd of servants, who bow before leaving.

I hand to deal with the people who weren't on my side. When Estella became queen she only partied and didn't take much care of her royal duties. So others belittled her, not seeing her to be fit for the queen position.

I will not make that mistake, while I am queen, I will prove my worth. That I have my own strength that isn't affiliated with the Claudonia family. However, I can't show too much promise, otherwise the King will continue to see me as a threat. Developing a good plan to escape this position with my life is key.

If I maintain a good reputation in the palace, I might have a chance at surviving. I do not wish to see death again. At least not yet. I'm queen now, I have more power than I've ever had in my previous life. So I have to use it well. Keeping up with the book, managing my knowledge to seek an answer in all the chaos that will be faced in the future.

So first I have to announce my strength, that I am my own person. I'll do that by getting the Moon Palace on my side. I have to convince them to stand with me instead of the previous queen. It will be difficult due to the change in leadership but I have nothing to lose. I either die now or later, if all goes well it will happen later.

"Your Majesty, may I ask what the meaning of this is?" The elderly head maid stood in the hall of the palace. Cecilia stood behind her with a smirk across her face.

She thinks she has won, but does she not realize that I have a higher authority than the both of them.

"How dare the daughter of the Claudonia family enter and cause problems already. This is unforgivable. The previous queen was far more mannered than a cruel woman like her." The head maid was also against me being here.

It seems I have more people to get rid of.

"I have no need for those who do not respect me. Tell me, head maid, do you respect His Majesty?" I spoke sternly, not giving her a chance to belittle me.

"Of course I respect His Majesty, he is my king." She narrows her eyes at me. I guess she likes Kyrell even with his curse.

"Then is it not only right for you to respect his decisions? His Majesty chose to marry me when he had many other options. I will not beg for your respect but it is only right to respect His Majesty's choice. I believe you will make a wise decision head maid, as you know I don't take kindly to those who step on my authority."

The head maid listens to my words, assessing them. She no longer had thoughts that were filled with malice.

I glance at Cecilia, behind her. "The maid did not take care in producing my tea well. Sewage water was used instead of fresh clean water. And the day before, my dresses had small stains along the sleeves." I turn back to meet the head maid's eyes. "I hope you understand the reason behind my actions, even commoners are treated better than this. Take heed to my words, head maid. I will only be kind for so long."

I turned to return to my room before the head maid stopped me.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty." She bowed her head, finally acknowledging me. "I will do my best to manage my job better. It seems I have gotten over my head with the sudden rush of things. Please forgive me."

She must have finally seen my strength, though she may not like me because of my family. She realizes that I do hold authority, authority that I am shaping myself. If you have power, you have respect. This is a test. She will watch me and only then will she give me her respect.

"If you do your job well, you will receive what you wish for. I am not just a wife but a queen. My duty is for my people. Do not forget that." I finish with those words before leaving.

I meant what I said. As long as I am queen, I will use my power to protect those under me. While saving myself is the priority, I cannot be selfish and let my father crumble the citizens of Istyris.

They are victims as much as I am.

I let out a heavy sigh as I return back into my room. "Lina, please prepare a bath as well as the gardenia oil perfume. That one is my favorite."

I've gotten quite used to this life of luxury. Who knew that there would be benefits of being an unloved queen. I just have to enjoy it while I can.

You never know when your life may take a turn for the worst.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 28.3K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
1.7K 37 17
Kiara had done a deal with the reaper because of his mistake and now she found herself in a world she was familiar and unfamiliar at the same time ~...
52.9K 1.9K 24
After I died in the modern world I was born in a magical realm with scheming nobles, magical creatures, and a magic academy straight out of hogwarts...
8M 464K 173
Rei, a former samurai lieutenant is reincarnated into the body of an 8 year old, who happens to be the main villainess in a romance novel for foreign...