The Daily Life Of The Command...

By EternalCt

The duty of a Commander has a lot of responsibilities which need to be taken with extreme care to ensure ever... More

|Petition Zone|
|Someone I Can Trust|
|Sleeping Together Be Like...|
|The Lonely Battleship|
|An Extreme Love!|
|A Possessive Kitsune|
|A Maid's Dedication|
|A Jealous Pirate|
|Being Jealous/Possessive Be Like...|
|That Shiny Smile|
|Take Care of Yourself|

|Artificial Feelings|

794 25 4
By EternalCt

-----------------------------

|USS Kearsarge x Commander/Reader.|

-----------------------------

Not recently ago, a new ship from the Eagle Union was welcomed into the fleet. She's called Kearsarge, a hybrid battleship with the functionality of an aircraft carrier as well.

She came with a small detail in her way to interact and is basically her robotic way to speak most of the time including to the Commander, just as if she were some sort of programmed machine just obeying orders.

Due to this, it's certainly not easy to approach her due to her lack of expressions or emotions compared to other ships, not to mention her dedication to work, especially under the Commander's authority.

------------------------------

|Commander's Office|

Wednesday 10 A.M

"Commander... Here's the latest paperwork you assigned me to do" (Kearsarge)

After those words, she gently drops a big stack of that paperwork upon the Commander's desk.

"Already? That's awesome, Kearsarge" (Y/N)

"Indeed, I have take the time to analyze, review it, and even correct any small mistakes to ensure no mistakes were made" (Kearsarge)

"I see, nice work there, I knew I could count on you!" (Y/N)

Clearly, Kearsarge is not used to compliments and does not either comprehend them at all, she just accepts them as a way of saying she did something good.

"This is merely a duty I have been requested to do, as your Secretary, I'll make sure to assist with all the paperwork you must daily do" (Kearsarge)

"That's great, but you have done most of it already, why don't you take a break?" (Y/N)

"Negative, a break is totally unnecessary as I do not feel tired or exhausted from helping you" (Kearsarge)

"No need to overwork yourself, I can easily finish this remaining paperwork by myself, really" (Y/N)

Despite Kearsarge's silent behavior she approached to pick up the paperwork the Commander was doing.

"K-Kearsarge?" (Y/N)

"I insist, I will do this as it's a part of my duties" (Kearsarge)

"I told you it's not necessary, I can do it on my ow-" (Y/N)

"Commander, please do not object, I shall help you with anything you need... Now, please go ahead and take a break as you usually do" (Kearsarge)

"Are you su-" (Y/N)

"Yes, I have made up my mind" (Kearsarge)

"But..." (Y/N)

"Do not bother me while I do it" (Kearsarge)

With those harsh and unexpected words from Kearsarge, the Commander wasn't able to do much but leave his own office as his new Secretary wanted to be alone while doing the paperwork he was supposed to do in the first place.

On the bright side, he was able to take a little break from work even if he didn't really need it.

---------------------------

|Around two hours later...|

---------------------------

The Commander after some time was returning to his office, taking a break was nice, but he was still worried about his Secretary taking all the work.

|Commander's Office|

"Kearsarge? Are you still her-?" (Y/N)

Once opening the door, the Commander saw Kearsarge sit on the nearest couch, she was standing still and she didn't seem to have reacted to his words at all.

"..." (Y/N)

Staring at her for a couple of seconds, Y/N slowly got inside the room closing the door behind him.

After that he carefully approached where Kearsarge was sitting, she was with her eyes closed and her breathing was slow, it was certainly a weird scene to watch.

'Is she like... Taking a nap or something like that? I thought she was... Never mind' (Y/N's Thoughts)

Without seeing much reaction from Kearsarge despite being in front of her, the Commander was about to leave before his arm was suddenly grabbed with an abnormal strength.

"Commander..." (Kearsarge)

"H-Hey there, did I wake you up? I just didn't know what you were doing" (Y/N)

"I wasn't asleep, not at all" (Kearsarge)

"Oh? Well... What were you doing then?" (Y/N)

"Studying..." (Kearsarge)

Since Kearsarge is similar to an A.I, she can hold a large amount of information as some sort of computer, it was a mystery what she could be studying since she already has a lot of knowledge.

"Studying you say? About what?" (Y/N)

"Emotions" (Kearsarge)

...

'Studying emotions sounds quite... Weird, but it makes sense coming from her...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"That's interesting..." (Y/N)

"Take a sit next to me" (Kearsarge)

Her request sounded more like a strict order towards the Commander who did actually sit on the couch next to her.

"I'm afraid I can barely understand what feelings or emotions are and I cannot show them as well" (Kearsarge)

Her facial expression justified those words, Kearsarge usually has a neutral face along with those deep purple eyes that tend to stare into anyone's soul, there's rarely any sign of emotions or even a smile.

"Yes well, I'm aware of it, you're not someone of many words, aren't you?" (Y/N)

"That's correct, I would rather keep a low profile and just do what I'm assigned to as a Kansen and as your Secretary" (Kearsarge)

'Yeah, I got that quite clear...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"That speaks well of you Kearsarge... But don't you think there should be something else in your life rather than just wo-?" (Y/N)

"Let me finish, Commander... The reason why we are here is because I wish to ask something from you" (Kearsarge)

"And that is?" (Y/N)

"Teach me about emotions" (Kearsarge)

...

...

"Let me get this straight, you want to learn about my emotions?" (Y/N)

"Yes, I have seen you interacting with almost every ship around here either with a smile or a worried expression in certain situations" (Kearsarge)

'She's been observing me? That's creepy, but sweet in some way...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"I would like to know how to do it, take it as a mere request from me in exchange for my assistance with your paperwork" (Kearsarge)

"I guess I could help you out, I don't see why not!" (Y/N)

"Thank you, now, show me what makes you a human composed of flesh and bones" (Kearsarge)

"R-Right... Well, huh..." (Y/N)

Thinking in a good way to see how emotions work, the Commander began with a small explanation first.

----------------------

|Happiness|

----------------------

"So, usually... When people are happy they smile, something like this!" (Y/N)

Justifying his words, the Commander made a nice, yet normal smile across his lips.

"Smile... Why? Isn't happiness just a temporary feeling that vanishes through time?" (Kearsarge)

'This is going to be more difficult than I thought it would be...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Well, usually when something nice happens you tend to smile either out of happiness or pride in yourself, why don't you try it?" (Y/N)

...

She stood there for a couple of seconds, her expression seemed to haven't changed in the slightest.

"Not possible, I don't think nothing good happened for me to be happy" (Kearsarge)

"Uh... Let's see, you literally did all the paperwork I got assigned for the day, that should make you happy and I'm also very impressed" (Y/N)

"You're... Impressed with me?" (Kearsarge)

"Yeah, I haven't seen anyone doing such a thing!" (Y/N)

...

Kearsarge was able to slightly raise a bit of her lips giving as a result a very small smile that didn't last much.

"Was that good enough, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

"Totally!" (Y/N)

------------------------

Sadness.

------------------------

"When people are feeling bad or something unfortunate occurred they tend to express their sadness in different ways" (Y/N)

"Mmh... I have seen you sad on certain occasions, Commander, especially when a member of a fleet gets hurt" (Kearsarge)

"That's a good example, I tend to worry a lot for the state of everyone when they go into a dangerous mission" (Y/N)

"How do I know if someone is sad?" (Kearsarge)

"Well, either through their expressions or their way of speaking" (Y/N)

"Are you feeling sad right now, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

"What kind of question is that? I'm not sad haha" (Y/N)

"Are you hiding your feelings to not show weakness in front of me perhaps?" (Kearsarge)

"I-I'm fine, Kearsarge, really" (Y/N)

"Don't you trust me enough to tell your feelings, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

Out of nowhere, Kearsarge showed a slightly sad expression using her eyebrows.

"Of course I do!" (Y/N)

-----------------------

|Fear|

-----------------------

"Fear is quite common, it usually appears when we are scared of something unknown or that we consider dangerous" (Y/N)

"I see... How do I know if someone is scared?" (Kearsarge)

"Well, facial expressions speak a lot when someone is in fear" (Y/N)

"Mmh... Don't you do the same when certain aircraft carriers from the Sakura Empire approach you?" (Kearsarge)

"That's... Well, yeah, sort of..." (Y/N)

Y/N remembers how frightening Akagi or Taihou can be when they see him with someone else, it's truly a little scary as they are capable of anything sometimes.

"Are you scared of them then?" (Kearsarge)

"Just a bit... Don't tell them, please" (Y/N)

"Your fear is safe with me, Commander" (Kearsarge)

"Thank you, now then...-" (Y/N)

"Boo..." (Kearsarge)

Kearsarge slowly raised her hands as if she were trying to scare the Commander like some sort of ghost.

"..." (Y/N)

"Are you now scared or in fear, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

'At least she tried, it was cute...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Y-Yeah, that was pretty frightening, I almost got a heart atta-" (Y/N)

"I can detect sarcasm" (Kearsarge)

"Sorry..." (Y/N)

-------------------------

|Shame|

-------------------------

"So... When someone gives you a nice compliment or you do something you feel ashamed of you tend to feel embarrassed" (Y/N)

"How do I detect that?" (Kearsarge)

"Easy, a blush of a red color around a face usually expresses embarrassment or shame" (Y/N)

"Ah, I remember you being red when one of my teammates talked to you so close" (Kearsarge)

'She's probably referring to New Jersey...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Y-Yeah... Maybe" (Y/N)

"Also, when you talk to a certain ship from the Royal Navy you get red, are you always embarrassed, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

"Let's go with the next lesson!" (Y/N)

------------------------

|Anger|

------------------------

"Getting angry is something pretty common, it usually happens when things go wrong or you're annoyed by someone or something" (Y/N)

"I see, how do I express it?" (Kearsarge)

"Ah... Well, something like this..." (Y/N)

The Commander quickly frowned pretending to be angry as a way to show an example, he returned to his normal face a few seconds later.

"Something like that!" (Y/N)

"I do get mad when you don't let me do my work or interrupt me, is that the same?" (Kearsarge)

'She enjoys being straightforward, huh?' (Y/N's Thoughts)

"Yes indeed, I guess that counts as an example too" (Y/N)

"Good, then stop doing that when I say so" (Kearsarge)

Following the Commander's example, Kearsarge did something similar frowning her eyebrows to show some sort of anger, that one lasted quite long compared to the others.

"A-Are you mad at me, Kearsarge" (Y/N)

"If you don't let me do my job then yes, I will be mad at you" (Kearsarge)

"I'll keep that in mind!" (Y/N)

---------------------------------

Around two hours later...

---------------------------------

After some time, The Commander was able to teach the hybrid battleship a few more things on how usually someone behaves in certain situations and how feelings work depending on the person.

"Well, that's all I can think of when it comes to my emotions..." (Y/N)

"Mmh... I do appreciate your effort to assist me in this task of mine, Commander" (Kearsarge)

"Sure, no problem!" (Y/N)

...

Kearsarge remained in silence for a bit before speaking once again, this time, her gaze was fully concentrated on the Commander.

"Do you think I can be like the rest, Commander?" (Kearsarge)

"Huh? What do you mean?" (Y/N)

"I mean if I can properly show a smile or being sad like everyone else does, it seems I was the only one that can't express much" (Kearsarge)

"I'm sure that however you are when expressing yourself you will be accepted, Kearsarge, nobody will judge you, and neither will I" (Y/N)

She raised her sight upon hearing the Commander's words, it seemed she was caught by surprise and certainly appreciated those words, even a very slight blush could be barely seen around her face.

"Thank you, Commander, as long as you're by my side, I do not need no one else to express my feelings" (Kearsarge)

"Anytime, just... Let me help you with the paperwork, it's my job as wel-" (Y/N)

"I will take care of it as long as it's necessary so you don't have to" (Kearsarge)

--------------------------------

|Azur Lane Base|

Main dockyards.

Thursday 9 A.M

The Commander decided to take Kearsarge along with him convincing her that they needed to do some maintenance tasks around the dockyards, however it was actually for something else.

"Hey Kearsarge, remember I told you I would help you socialize with some other ships?" (Y/N)

"I haven't forgotten that, yes..." (Kearsarge)

"Well, I got someone who is certainly looking forward to meeting you!" (Y/N)

"Mmh...?" (Kearsarge)

"I present you to, Gascogne!" (Y/N)

...

A girl with bright blue hair slowly approaches where the Commander and Kearsarge are and is now in front of Kearsarge, they both exchange gazes trying to understand each other for a couple of seconds.

The Commander is in the middle of everything trying to understand what's even happening.

"USS Kearsarge, Eagle Union Blueprint ship, a hybrid battleship with multiple functions" (Kearsarge)

"MNF Gascogne, Richelieu-class battleship, hull number four, my purpose is to destroy Master's enemies" (Gascogne)

'I don't think that's how you present to someone normally...' (Y/N's Thoughts)

...

...

...

They stayed in silence now, they were still staring at each other, but after a few minutes, Kearsarge suddenly pulled the sleeve of the Commander's uniform as if she were a child.

"Huh? What is it, Kearsarge?" (Y/N)

"I don't want to be here, let's go" (Kearsarge)

"What do you mean?" (Y/N)

"Socializing is scary, I don't like it" (Kearsarge)

Kearsarge returned along with the Commander to his office where she immediately began doing some of the daily paperwork, she seemed much calmer there...

The end. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 604 43
HELLO! I am USS Cowpens CVL 25! One of the Eagle unions many azured vessels, I like a hand full of others am male! I started my life as a Cleveland C...
14.7K 501 132
The most important duties of the commander are off the field rather than on it, and these are the episodes of what happens behind the lines. The comm...
18.2K 425 50
One night, after finishing the last bits of a future Telecomm Network Design, I played Azure Lane until early dawn. Getting increasingly better gear...
137K 2.3K 59
Yamatomo Mazuhashi had finished his officers training course at Age 25 and promoted to Admiral at Age 26. At the Age of 26 he had been doing nothing...