Fall of the Forsaken (on hold)

Von Bioshockgrl

after the events of 'last to fall' Alita has returned to the planet of xanadis and to the arms of the alien w... Mehr

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

chapter 4

431 45 3
Von Bioshockgrl

(1 week after the announcement of koras pregnancy)

–Azriel– 

Laughing and giggling filled my ears as I stepped through the treeline and back into the village. Various tribemates were out dancing around with a large bonfire lighting up the area. 

I watched as a couple of kits ran past me, towards the bonfire where one of the older Members of our tribe was preparing to entertain all of the younglings, with various small pouches filled with numerous substances tied to her hip. 

I watched on as she grabbed handfuls of the stuff and started prancing around the fire throwing all kinds of powders and materials into the flames causing dramatic changes in the colors of the fire.

The younglings giggled and watched in awe As the flames swirled And bloomed into hues of blue, green, pink, white, and purple with each dash of woman's mysterious ‘magic’ powders. 

The Sight reminded me of the days past when I was their age. The older tribe members often did such tricks to entertain me and the other younglings during celebrations like this. For a long time we believed that she truly was casting some kind of magic upon the fire to make it change, growing older I realized it was simply due to the various Substances they were burning. Although that hasn't made it any less entertaining to watch.

“Azriel! You've returned!” A familiar voice called out and I looked over to see Tarkov approaching with two others. “You found venkshal?” 

As they drew closer I removed the dead deer I had been carrying, over my shoulder. “it would hardly be a feast without venison brother.” 

Tarkov nodded in agreement as he crouched down and inspected the kill. “The meat shall be well appreciated by the tribbutthe fur is also good quality, do you wish to add this pelt to your own den?” Tarkov asked questionably.

I merely glanced over towards where Elazar and his mate sat drinking with others in celebration of the new life. “No, just give it to them, Elazar will need new pelts for his family.  I will hunt for pelts another time. Alita prefers the vo’zai furs More anyways, and they are not in season.”

Tarkov was silent as the other two who came with him took my kill to skin it and distribute the meat.

“make Sure Elazar's mate gets first pick off the kill, she will need as much nutrition As possible” the others acknowledged the order and I went over to a nearby water basin to wash the blood From my hands. 

as I cleaned off I could sense tarkov’s Lingering gaze. “this is a night of celebration should we not focus on such?” I questioned, turning back towards him, removing the bow and quiver on my back.

Tarkov Sighed and followed me as I set my things aside and watched the fire-light performance the younglings were enjoying. 

“I suppose we should.” Was his only response as we both sat there watching the younglings laugh and play. “Soon enough we will have new blood joining us. Our tribe is growing, not only with that of newborn kits but others– outsiders. News of what happened with the human camp and the draven has spread quite far.”

“I suppose not all of those who have heard are happy about the outcomes Of what took place…” I mused.

“Netaris has been quiet about the situation  but once they hear of this…” Tarkov trailed off. 

I was silent. The netaris would not be the only ones to get upset over the new life being brought into this world. They were already upset by Alita’s mere presence within the tribe had riled them up before. Our attack on the human camp and the slaying of a draven has deterred them for now, but Once they hear of a human-xandisian kit? Their tempers will not be so easily quelled.

Even with Nezu, a war between our tribe's would not end well. 

My eyes flickered over to Elazar and his mate. I watched silently as he brought her food and drinks. They were both smiling happily enjoying the celebration. The happiness that gleamed in their eyes burned brighter than the glowing fires Within the camp. 

Seeing them together Happily celebrating along with the rest of the tribe. Brought on visions and Memories of Alita. I could still remember how her bright blue eyes shone that night we danced, hear her laughter as we spun around the bonfire.

The memory put a smile on my lips, but When I look at Elazar and his mate I feel a great weight upon my heart, an emptiness within My hands. I miss being able to hold alita in my arms and cradle her against me.

I could only watch on longingly as Elazar held Kora lovingly in His arms with one hand over her stomach. My hands clenched in a hopeless attempt to make that empty feeling Go away.

The sound of elated laughter pulled my gaze back towards the younglings as one of their sires came over and picked their youngest kit up, lifting them high into the air with a fit of giggles.

“I wonder what they would be like…” I mused, crossing my arms and leaning against a tree.

“They?” Tarkov asked questioningly. 

“The kits. it Would be both human and xandisian. We have many similarities But also many differences…how do you think they will Turn out?”

He hummed thoughtfully as he looked at kora. “It is hard to say. As you said we have many similarities and differences. There is no telling how a kit between our kind and theirs will come out. They may have either human or xandisian, a hybrid is unlikely but they may have a different  skin color, lack horns or a tail, their eyes could be silver or some other strange color. and then there are the other possibilities…” his voice trailed off, no longer wishing to speak on the subject.

It was bad luck to speak of such misfortunes, so most condemned such speech. but that does not stop anyone from thinking about it because there was always a chance, always a possibility and with the current situation, the risks and possibilities were much higher. 

The kit could be born deformed ill, it may not even survive. It's a miracle that our species are even compatible, but to what extent? Humans lacked most of the features we used to survive. If the kit came out as a human they would struggle here in this environment most of their life. If it came out xandisian then things will be easier. But if it's a hybrid– the possibilities were endless.

I can't imagine what will Happen should a deformity occur, very rarely was a youngling with such misfortune Kept by the parents, Much less the tribe. Clans like the Netaris Would see a deformed kit as nothing more than a monstrosity. A weakness. 

My tribes been fortunate enough that we have not had such luck, but with the human females–

I closed my eyes feeling anxious just by thinking about it. Alita briefly told me how different species on her kind's home planet could breed and create viable offspring so surely her kind can do the same? We are similar enough.

“Either way, we shall find out soon enough, Kora is about a third of the way through her pregnancy from what the healers say. But it may take longer than usual according to her, humans carry for a solis and a half.”

This news surprised me as I looked at Tarkov to see if he was serious. Before I could open. My mouth to speak, a familiar voice called out from the bushes behind us. “They carry for 9 months?!” our heads turned to see xeith and nanku crouched down behind some ferns nearly out of sight. Xeith jabbed nanku in the side, scolding him for his sudden outburst that revealed their ‘eavesdropping’ as Alita called it.

I gave them an accusing glare. As my tail whipped around behind me. “How long have you been listening?”

“Not long-” xeith stated.

“The whole time-” nanku cut in.

“We just overheard you talking about Alita and got curious…” Nanku pouted, much like he had done with Alita in order to get out of trouble, and In turn Tarkov shook His head while I gave them both an unamused stare. 

“You do not need to involve yourselves in everyone's business, one of these days you will overhear the wrong conversation  and get into trouble.”

They winced and lowered their heads in shame before mumbling their appologies. With a grunt I dismissed them, seeing no reason to punish them, they would learn on their own. Eventually.

 Clearing his throat, Tarkov continued our prior conversation while gazing towards Kora and Elazar. “9 months is what she told the Healers, although from how she looks and feels. They believe she will only carry for six.” 

“9 months…” xeith mumbled. “how do they even carry for such a long time? Their babies must come out the size that kits start walking!”

“If they are that big How do The mothers survive!? Humans are so small!” Nanku panicked. 

“don't Start jumping to conclusions, you're going to cause unwanted stress for the parents and tribe. we won't know anything until the kit is born.”

My eyes scanned over the area as my mind pondered all the things we didn't know. There was so much to take into consideration for a newborn but in this situation, things were much more complicated.

We had no idea how things might turn out or what will happen. Elazar May be happy and excited now but, the fact we know so little about this kit in Koras womb, will become a heavy burden.

If it was me and Alita I'm not sure how I would handle it. Not knowing what will Happen to our kit. Not knowing what will happen to her. My tail tensed at the idea. 

Perhaps it's best that she is with her people right now. Just for the time. With Kora and Elazar sireing a kit first, we can learn and I can be better prepared to take care of Alita and any offspring we may have.

I want to be able to provide for our family as I should and give them The best possible life they can have here. 

On top of caring for these newborns and their needs there was One other major issue that would emerge from their births.

War.

The netaris will not stand by if they learn of koras Child, and even with Nezu we still lack the numbers and manpower to fight against them.

“We need allies.”

The others looked to me confused as I stared ahead. “Before this child is born– we must grow our numbers and build up this village if we want to avoid conflict with other tribes. if we don't–we may be risking the Fate of everyone here.”

The boys looked at each other worriedly while Tarkov hummed.

“For now we should keep the child a secret, bring in as many others as we can and bolster The village defenses to the best of our ability. There's no telling what will come once the Netaris learns of all this so we must be prepared for anything.

“We can have some hunters travel to nearby villages and try to befriend anyone they come across. It won't be easy but bringing in any new blood would benefit us.” Tarkov suggested.

I nodded in agreement before pushing off the tree and walking towards the main cavern Entrance. “Wait where are you going?!” Xeith called out. 

Pausing momentarily I glanced back at the boy's and Tarkov. “I've had enough of the light show and hunting has worn me out. I shall retire for the night and head out to the nearest village at first Light to speak with them and bring an offering. If we are to gain allies for the coming conflict then we need to make sure we can provide them with whatever they may need in return for the help.

None of them argued and I continued on my way back into the cavern and to my den. 

Alita, It pains me to be so far from you but it is safer than being here If the netaris attack. I will not lose you. Not again.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.6K 415 20
Kathleen had been imprisoned for years. She had no idea who they were or why she was there. Every day for years it had been the same thing. No ta...
135K 4.5K 34
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
4.4K 141 16
What now? Well.... As new mothers, Emilie, Sierra and Grace find themselves trying to adapt to parenthood. Even more so after the birth of their twin...