Ruby's Secret

By sweetblunch

When the prodigal heiress comes home kept secrets were surely be revealed in a matter of time... At eighteen... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 5

190K 7.8K 337
By sweetblunch

Ruby St. Clair's POV

Few days had been passed since I married Roman and the more time I spent with him the more I realized how charming he can be. After the truce he bargained in the restaurant where we dined on our wedding I discovered a great deal about him and truer to his words we established a great friendship-at least, for my part. He didn't try to seduce me anymore after our wedding day, instead, we became friends.

On Christmas Day, I cooked a special dinner for him and we dined at a candle lights table. I have to admit that it was quite romantic. He gave me a necklace from-ironically, St. Clair Diamonds, my family's jewelry business. It was a beautiful necklace with a ruby teardrop pendant to match my hair, he said. I was reluctant to accept such a gift from him because Roman bought me so many clothes that I couldn't possibly wear all of them in my three months stay here.

He told me to think of them as my uniform while I work for him as his pretend wife. He said he couldn't let his wife be seen in public with the same clothes each time when we argue again about the excessive clothes.

I bought him a fountain pen with the money I save from my last trip to Portugal since I don't know what gift I should buy for him. It's hard to give a gift to a man who already had everything in life and the gifts that suited him were pricey. Right now, I was alone in his living room reading a cooking magazine waiting for him to return from work.

When the front door opened. Finally, he was here! I thought with such pleasure. I was already on my feet to meet him in the doorway.

"Hello, mi esposa!" He greeted me with a warm smile and kissed me on the cheek like he used to do when he came back from work. "Get dress."

"Where are we going?" I asked him, as we walk further inside his house. We used to seat in the living room area as we chat about our day before dinner that's the routine we used to do.

"To my mother," He replied with a slight grimace. "She's setting me up for another blind date when I told her that I already have a wife. She told me that she wanted to meet you so she can be sure that you are not a product of my imagination."

"Oh..." I don't know what to say. I was honestly lost for words about his sudden announcement. I have forgotten the main reason he wanted a wife so his mother would stop shoving unmarried ladies to him. "What should I wear, Roman?"

"Something smart and sexy, maybe?" He grinned mischievously in my direction. "You pick. I know you have a great fashion sense."

I hid my smile at his flirtatious voice. "Leave it to me. I think I know what kind of dress you have in mind."

"You have no idea what I have in mind." He muttered under his breath, as I left him in the living room to prepare for my encounter with his mother.

We arrived at the beautiful mansion in Madrid. Roman had parked his car in the courtyard and helped me slid out of the car.

"Nice home," I muttered softly, as I stared at the proud two-story mansion before us.

"Sí." Roman agreed with a smile like he was very proud of this house. He held my hand as he led me to the front door. Our wedding rings glinted from the sunlight. "My mother loves this house. My father had built it for her as a wedding present."

Inside the beautiful classic Spanish-styled mansion. I cannot help but be amazed by how elegant the living room was. Cream walls with priceless paintings and figurines to complement the room. A middle-aged woman standing regally in the living room caught my attention.

His mother?

Before I could study the elegant woman fully Roman spoke. "Madre. This is Red, my wife. Red, this is my mother, Evita."

"Red?" She inquired with a slight smile on her lips. "Quite name you got there, hija."

I could feel the blush spread through my cheeks. Even though this was not a real marriage she felt guilty about deceiving this kind woman. My mother will be disappointed with me in heaven. "Nice to meet you, Señora Vasquez."

She waved the formalities with her hand and held both of my hands in hers. She smiled at me with mist on her dark eyes. Uh-oh..."Call me madre since you are now my daughter."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. It's been a while since I called someone a mother. The last time I used that word it's been six years to be exact. The day my parents died. "Madre..."

She smiled at me and faced her son. "I know you have lots of business to attend. Why don't you leave me or your wife for a little chat?"

"You're not going to inquest my wife, are you?" Roman asked, but I could see the teasing in his grey eyes.

"Of course, not!" His mother denied fiercely. "Now, go."

A rare boyish grin flashed on Roman's ruthless face. "Enjoy your chat with madre." He said to me with a kiss on my cheek. "Try to humor her, hmm?"

We watch Roman took the stairs and went to the second floor of the house. When he was no longer in our sight Evita had pulled me on the sofa. A maid had come with a pot of tea and placed it on the coffee table.

"Now spill," Evita said without preamble. I could see the questions in her eyes as she gazed at me.

I looked at the woman in surprise. I smiled faintly in her direction. "What do you want to know, ma'am?"

"Like the questions 'How did you meet my son? When did you marry? And how I only met you now?' Are only a few questions I've been dying to ask?"

Carefully pouring the delicate china cup, I thought about how to answer Evita Vasquez's line of question. "Roman and I met in the restaurant where I've been working as I waitress...hmm, I married him two days after we met and--"

"Two days?" Evita Vasquez gasped in surprise.

"Er, yes."

"Oh, qué romántico!" I gaped at her openly. Apparently, my new mother-in-law was a strong believer in love-at-first-sight. "I'm not surprised my son had snared you before other Spanish men could have the opportunity. American, sí?"

I smiled at her slightly. She reminded me so much of my mama. Sweet and full of life. "So you approved our marriage, then?"

"." She replied with a grin. "I couldn't want an any better girl that would suit my Roman than you are, my dear. I hope you are now both working hard in giving me grandchildren to dot on."

I gave her a shy smile. I don't know how to answer that question. His mother was quite blunt with such matters.

Time had passed and we continued to chat with each other and I didn't realize the time flew so fast until I saw Roman casually looking at us with a smile lurking in his eyes. He told us that we need to go home. Evita had managed to squeeze a promise from me that I would visit her soon so we can go shopping together. We bid our goodbye to the kind woman and my heart was warm at the thought that I have a new mother to call now.

Well, of course not permanently. Only for three months. But still, I was ecstatic about it. The woman had wanted grandchildren to dot on. She had told me repeatedly.

Our trip back to Seville was uneventful and silent. Once we arrived at the mansion owned by Roman. He asked me off-handedly. "What's wrong? Did madre upset you?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Then why?" He asked as we enter the house.

"What do you think of having a child with me, Roman?" I blurted out before I could think about it fully. Deep in my heart, I was being reckless here but too late I've already said it to him.

He was stunned by my blunt question. I could almost see the thoughts racing in his brain right now. "Did my mother tell you this?"

I shook my head again and stared at his unreadable eyes. "We never consummated our marriage, aren't we?"

"Have you ever heard the saying 'be careful about what you wish for?' before, Red?" His breath was ragged. I could feel he was fighting to control himself.

I moved closer to him and placed my hands in his well-defined chest where his heart beating rapidly. I knew I would regret this but right this moment I don't care. I've been fighting this attraction to him since I met him. "Don't you want me?"

"I do, damn you!" He gripped my upper arms, kissing me pitilessly. The kiss I'd been waiting to experience since the first time he kissed me in the restaurant where I work. "I take that our no-sex clause is now null and void?"

I grinned devilishly. I ignored the hard pounding of my chest and the warning my brain had been telling me. "Yes."

I shrieked when he swung me in his arms and carried me to the master's bedroom where he'd been sleeping. He threw me on the bed carelessly as he stripped his clothes. I watched him as his stripped layer by layer until he stood in front of me with nothing but his boxers and his proud erection.

Roman joined me in the bed and ripped my clothes. I gasped when the expensive fabric ripped into two. He was busy kissing me while his hands explore my body to notice that he had ruined my dress. I squirmed when his wicked fingers found the delicate place between my legs.

"Take me, now..." I panted, pleading with him. "Now..."

He grinned. Removing his boxers and moving between my tights while he was kissing me deeply. I felt a sudden pain when he moved inside me with a lack of finesse. I gripped his strong back as he took possession of my body. The feeling was so intoxicating that I could feel my brain was blurred from anything-I couldn't think straight anymore.

Finally, when I could feel my climax coming and him also as he pumped more forcefully. I knew he was coming on the edge. When my muscle tightened around him, he spilled himself inside me. Oh, my God, I'm in deep trouble now.

After a moment he stared at me with disbelief. "Qué demonios...why didn't you tell me?"

I stiffened, naked before him. "Do you mind?" I asked, not meeting his eyes.

He removed his weight from me. I nearly groaned in protest when his body left mine. "Yes! I should have been more gentle if I knew are-were a virgin."

Before I could open my mouth to explain. He shook his head. "We'll talk tomorrow I know you're tired so sleep now."

I felt his lips on my hair before he turned off the lampshade side table of the bed and closed the door behind me. Just like that, I lost her virginity to a man who doesn't even want it. Summoning my eyes to shut, as I pulled up the covers to my shoulder. I drifted to a dreamless slumber with my eyes sting with tears.

The next morning my eyes were still heavy from the night's events. When I noticed that Roman was tiptoeing from the bathroom and already dress for work. I thought we're going to discuss last night?

"Roman-"

"I'm sorry, Red." He cut off, tying his tie on the dresser mirror. "I have some problem with my office that requires my instant attention. I have to leave now."

He didn't even give me an inch to what I wanted to say to him. I could bet that he didn't want to talk about what happened last night.

Well, I had news for him as I looked at the empty doorway. I would not stay where she was not wanted. Deciding once and for all, I would not continue to play as his wife-I don't want a heartless bastard who didn't value his wife. Well, not I'm his wife was for real.

By the time Roman Vasquez arrived home, he was in for a big surprise.

Jumping off the bed. I went to my room and threw my traveling bag on the bed and pack every last piece of the clothes I personally owned leaving those Roman bought for me.

But where would I go from here? I asked myself silently. France? Greece? Turkey? Italy?

Then out of the blue, an image of a busy city with tall skyscrapers came to my mind. The place I had refused to think about for the past six years. The place where I was born and raised. The place where my family name was synonymous with money...

It was high time to come back to New York.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.2K 39
**DRAFT MOSTLY** FOR FANS OF BRIDGERTON Rose Axel is deformed from the burns she endured from her father. Her face is forever hidden under a veil. He...
1.5K 33 22
After Roman exposed Lloyd about his past, he thought it was gonna be the end of everything. But it didn't as Team RWBY forgives him and he's now in a...
2.7M 139K 36
She has everything a woman could ask for in her life but why does she feel that there's still missing? Emerald St. Clair world's renowned supermodel...
10.7K 641 21
I watch her as she unzips her dress from the side and slowly peeling it off her skin and letting it fall on the floor. She hesitates but starts walki...