greek tragedy, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞 �...

By sadessinks

[ description ] ⤷ For as long as they could remember, Brooke and Ryland had hated each other to the v... More

GREEK TRAGEDY
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
i. pretty, pretty petty
ii. the big game
iii. welcome to my world
iv. at the rivercourt
v. nightingale
vi. girls, girls, boys
vii. it lights my fire
viii. it lights my fire, part 2
ix. still into you
x. every little step
A C T II ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
xi. laughter is for the weak
xii. mood swings
xiv. double dog dare ya, part 2
xv. space is just a word
xvi. what would brooke do?
xvii. shock after shock
xviii. im flattered but -

xiii. double dog dare ya

374 34 2
By sadessinks

GREEK TRAGEDY
::  xiii. | double dog dare ya

Tensions were high but the regular school day was just as the same. Everyone was going throughout their day, classes and lunch. However, one by one, they all received an envelope in their locker. Each person was curious and suspicious.

The letter was random and it read that they should swing by Karen's cafe after hours for a little game called dare night.

Of course with Ryland she obviously second guessed. But after rereading the note again, she decided what's the harm. So just like everyone else, she found her way to class that was the second to last for the day which was science.

She sat next to Bevin, her science partner in the class. Just as class started, she felt her phone vibrate in her front pocket. Ryland pulled it out and saw a text from Jake on the home screen.

Meet me out front, parking lot, the text read.

As she slid her phone back in her pocket with one hand, she rose the other. She told the teacher she needed to use the bathroom and soon was excused. Ryland left the classroom and began her way to the parking lot in front of the school. She exited out a pair of double doors, then proceeded to jake's car.

As soon as she reached the passenger's side, he unlocked the car. Ryland got in and he immediately locked the car back. The two sat there in silence for the time being, then Ryland looked towards him and she saw it in his face that something wasn't right.

She sighed as she turned her head back forward, looking out in front of her from the front window of the car.

"What's wrong?"

Jake just sighed before turning his head towards Ryland. His jaw clenched, afraid of the words that were going to leave his mouth.

His eyes stayed on her's, "I think we should break up."

Ryland froze, she went into shock. She couldn't believe it was happening again.

Jake was shamelessly breaking her heart, yet again. He didn't say anything else, he just waited till Ryland said something. After a good five to ten minutes she eventually did.

She looked at him once again. This time tears streaming down her cheek.

"I always pictured you as someone who would never hurt me." She continued, "The first time —— fine. But this time, i will never forgive you."

After those words left her mouth, she exited his car and walked back into the school building. She tried to wipe her tears away and present herself as fine as she headed back to class. Ryland didn't want people asking questions —— at least not yet.

• • •

As the day progressed, eventually last period rolled around and Ryland was a mess in the girl's bathroom. She didn't even care that the bell just rang. The more she thought about Jake and her relationship with him, the more she realized he was probably just playing her the whole time.

The whole nice guy act.

Was it even real?

Her head was spinning and so fast that she didn't hear the door squeak open. That was until a familiar voice filled her ears.

"If I'm right about you, you're usually not late to class."

Ryland spoke softly, "Hi, Brooke." She immediately started wiping the tears away again because she didn't want anyone to see.

But Brooke, she saw and knew.

"Jake's a douche bag."

Ryland was a bit surprised, she didn't need to say anything and Brooke just miraculously knew what was going on. That's something she's never seen before.

Ryland looked at Brooke, "Yeah, he is."

"Want to talk about it? I have the time." Brooke tried to lighten the mood a bit by a sly joke.

"Not really." Ryland spoke as she pulled out that envelope from her locker from this morning. She had slid it in her pocket.

Brooke immediately recognized it because she got one too, "You got one too?" She walked closer to Ryland as she pulled her's out, "You going?"

Ryland shrugged, "I don't know."

Brooke nudged her, "A night off with friends and it'll take your mind off the douche bag. Sounds like a win-win to me."

"When did you get so nice?"

Brooke nodded, "I may be a bitch sometimes but I'm a bitch with a heart."

The two shared slight chuckles before Ryland agreed to come. The two found their way out the bathroom and headed to their classes.

Ryland left a little better and she surprisingly had Brooke to thank for that.

• • •

Much time after school rolled around and the sky was a dark purple, merging into black. Ryland had just got to Ashely's place, she was letting Ashely and Chad ride with her to Karen's Cafe.

Everyone who had gotten the letter agreed to all go and see what this "dare night" as the letter mentioned was all about.

Roughly ten minutes later, they arrived to the cafe as another car pulled up with Nathan and Haley inside. Everyone got out the cars and headed into the small cafe.

"You're the guy that hit on me the other day." Ryland pointed out, seeing Felix as soon as she walked in with the others.

"You're not the only one." Ashely mentioned as she made her way over to Lucas.

Lucas put his arm around Ashely, "Seriously, dude?" His eyes darting toward Felix.

Felix shrugged with a light chuckle, "Can't help it when i see beautiful women."

Nathan grew irritated, "Just get on with it, man. Why are we even here?"

Felix's hands rested on the table, "Dare night. Boys verse girls. Whoever can't finish the dares within the time limit, loses." He looked amongst everyone, "Who's in?"

All of them, one by one, tossed their letters in the empty bowel that was in the middle of the table. That was a tell that all of them were in.

So let the games begin . . .

to be continued . . .

a/n:
keep a lookout for the next chapter 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.5K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
174K 6K 42
two influencers falling in and out of love because of some boys and a homophobic mother. a charli d'amelio fic (GXG) HIGHEST RANKS #1 on dixie tag 9...
102K 1.1K 24
So this is a Palutena X Godzilla reader, it's about a guy named Y/N who can turn into a Godzilla incarnation (have to do a poll), he is known as a Go...
13.7K 674 7
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ❝ you're little grey, you're off limits! ❞ this love is good, this love is bad lexie grey x fem!oc seasons 4-?