The Inured Villainess

By emwritesbookstories

Inure: (v.) To accustom to accept something undesirable, evil, or painful. An other worldly girl is reincarna... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

1.1K 43 1
By emwritesbookstories

January soon came around, meaning it is my birthday today. The King seems to be keeping his distance from me ever since the whole curse incident.

Did he find something out? Whatever it was, I'm glad I don't have to face him.

However, today I'm not so lucky. Because it is my birthday, most expect a grand party for the Queen.

It did not request one, instead I called for a small dinner with the family. I want Kyrell to improve his relationship with his son. And what a better opportunity than a dinner.

My expectations for this dinner were higher than I expected. Ever since the event it has been awkward between all of us, except Alastair and I.

Kyrell sat at the head of the table and I was to his right. Alastair sat across from me.

"Happy Birthday, Mother." Alastair greets. "How has your day been?"

"It's been wonderful, but the best part is that I can share dinner with my family." I smile at him, while Kyrell glances at us. I bet he feels like a third wheel.

"Yes, Happy Birthday, my Queen." Kyrell says, beginning to eat.

"Did you like the present I gave you?" Alastair adds, before taking a bite.

"I loved it very much." Alastair gave me a hand drawn portrait similar to the one he gave his father but it was neatly framed.

I take a quick peek at Kyrell, who seems to pause. He didn't give me a gift. Though I don't need one from him, I thought that maybe we are getting closer. I guess I was mistaken.

After that the dinner went on nicely. It was a calm birthday dinner which I liked. I know I shouldn't but I can't help but admire Kyrell's looks.

His red ruby eyes are so captivating. His broad shoulders and chest that seem to complete him. He's gorgeous but no matter how much I may want him. He isn't mine to have.

*****

After the dinner ended, Kyrell decided to escort me back to my palace. Which I thought was odd.

Before I could enter the palace doors, he stopped me.

"I know Your Majesty may have a lot of jewelry but I wanted to give you a present anyway." He says, reaching into his suit pocket.

"Your Majesty didn't have to get me anything." I declined the gift.

"It didn't have to but I did. Turn around and raise your hair."

I do as he commands, lifting my hair up. I feel something cold being wrapped around my neck. A necklace which he clasped. I'm glad he didn't touch me. I wouldn't know what to say if he saw me flinch again.

Attached to the silver chain was a small teardrop amethyst. Above the large gemstone was a small ruby that sat on the metal attaching the purple gem to the silver chain.

I stare at it. It's a warning.

A warning that he will always be above me, watching me. If I make the wrong move, he will drop me.

"It's lovely, Your Majesty. Thank you for thinking of me." I ignore his threat.

"Yes, well then, good night." He leaves me at the front with a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

It seems he will never change. In the past nine months, he has remained cautious even when I haven't done anything.

I tried to prove my innocence by avoiding anything the previous Estella did. But it doesn't seem to work.

I'm still the daughter of his enemy and I will always be.

But at least he gave me a gift, even if the meaning is harsh. I have to say he does have good taste in jewelry. This piece is small but magnificent.

*****

With the Spring's Ball nearing, I've been preparing furiously for everything to be perfect.

I summoned all the best tailors I could find in order to find Alastair the perfect outfit for the ball.

I sat on the red cushioned sofa in the dressing room of the palace.

"Your Majesty, here I have the finest silks from Telluzza." The middle aged man displays his collection of little boy clothing.

"What is your favorite color?" I ask Alastair who is sitting next to me.

His face scrunches as he thinks. "I like blue and green."

"Do you have any light blues?" I say to the tailor.

"Of course, Your Majesty." He motions to a rack lined with light blue clothing.

"How about you try some on?" I tell Alastair who gets up.

The theme for the ball is pale oranges and yellows. I believe that having the royal family dressing in a pale blue will contrast nicely with it.

I just don't know how I will get the king to wear a matching set. Then again it is better if only Alastair and I match, he is just too cute.

Alastair exits the small changing set up wearing one of the outfits.

One by one he tried them all on. All of them looked splendid on him. I could die happy right now, just by watching him try on cute clothes that match him.

I never seem to have enough of him. How could Estella be so cruel to an adorable child such as him? I would protect him with my life.

"I believe we'll choose this one. It seems to be more fine and suited for the ball." I say to the tailor.

"Why thank you, Your Majesty. That is an exquisite choice." He glances at the suit I chose, pausing for a moment. "But Your Majesty, what about your dress? You must be looking for an extravagant one, yes?"

The tailor walks to a rack full of dress.

"No, a simple one will do just fine." Estella is known for being dramatic and I am no such person. But that doesn't mean I wear the plainest clothing, I like to have a balance.

"But Your Majesty, you are the host." The tailor tries to argue.

"I'll choose this one." I say ignoring him, lifting up a dress that was made of silk with a satin shine to it. The dress had mesh long sleeves and folded designs at the bodice. It is elegant and not too dramatic.

I tried the dress on and I have to say Estella looks stunning. The pale blue wonderfully matches her hair. She looks like a goddess but that is understandable because she is young. Right now she is twenty one years old, six years younger than Kyrell whose birthday will be in late June.

I also noticed that the back has a ribbon tied corset which slightly exposes my back. If I leave my hair, it won't be noticeable.

"You look beautiful, Mother." Alastair exclaims as his eyes are wide.

"Thank you, Alastair." I can't help but smile at him. His compliments warm my heart.

I turned to the tailor. "These two will do. Thank you for your service."

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Majesty." The tailor bows before leaving along with his company.

"Will we be matching at the Spring's Ball?" Alastair says, gazing between his suit and my dress.

"Yes. Do you not want to?" My face drops, as I sit next to him.

"No—no, Mother. I just never matched with anyone." His face seems happy. "I'm glad to be matching with you." His smile—his smile can make me do anything.

"I'm so happy that you like it. I also have something else I wanted to give you." I put the box which rested on the table on his lap. "Open it."

Hesitantly, he lifts the lid on the box. A pale red brooch shaped as a dragon sat on the royal purple cushion. He stares in awe at the brooch, at the detail.

"It's made of rare rubies which come from deep within the Lastera mine, south of the capital. I thought it matched your eyes so well I couldn't resist."

"You got it to match my eyes?"

"Yes, your eyes remind me of rare gemstones, how they shine in the light. I love them so I wanted to give you something that would remind you of that."

Alastair has always had a hard time with the curse and dealing with being a prince. I don't want him to feel that pain. I want to show him things that make him happy.

A small tear runs down his cheek.

"Alastair, why are you crying? Do you not like it? I can get you something else." I start to panic, pulling the box away from him.

His grip remains. "No, I love it. I'm just so happy. Thank you." He smiles through his tears. Such a gentle soul.

"Please excuse me, my prince." I take the box and place it on the table. I then lift my hands, wrapping it around him, pulling him into a hug.

I hold him as he continues to shed tears. He has suffered so much and has no one to lean on. I want to get rid of every person that hasn't given him the love he deserves.

The moment seemed to last forever and I didn't want to let go.

*****

Kyrell

"How is the Queen doing?" I ask Alden as I scan a document.

"She's been focused on preparing for the Spring's Ball. Nothing too suspicious to report about her." He says nonchalantly.

"Did she send you her budget? How much did she spend?" I ask, placing the document down.

"Surprisingly, not much. See for yourself." He hands me a ledger.

I flip through it scanning the expenses.

I thought she would spend an entire fortune for her first hosting of the ball. If anything, she spent less than what I did last year.
She calculated every number so meticulously, she knows finances very well.

But that is to be expected, the Claudonia family has its share of finances. It was probably one of the things she studied.

"What do you think of the Queen, Alden?" I hand back the ledger.

"I don't know her well but the maids and staff in the Moon Palace say that she is very generous. She even gives them a small leave once a month to see their families. However, she doesn't go out herself. She chooses to spend her time reading and embroidering in the palace garden." He scrunches his face. "Lately, she hasn't even sent letters back to her family. I find it odd that she doesn't keep in touch with a family that loves her so dearly."

It is odd. Shouldn't she be scheming with her family? Everything around her seems odd and confusing.

"What about Alastair? Is he doing alright?"

"He is. Every since the Queen came to his palace, the atmosphere is more lively. She remodeled parts of the garden and palace to fit the prince's needs. He seemed—" He pauses thinking of the right word, "happier."

"She spends her time there, but still hasn't found a tutor for the prince." I mumble, placing my head in my hands, as my elbows rest on the table.

"She seems to be spending more time and money on the Star Palace than on the Ball or herself. I'm surprised she was able to handle everything on her shoulders," Alden says, confusion soaking his voice.

The Queen has been swimming through my mind these past months and I can't seem to get her out.

I want to know what she is hiding, to know everything about her. What her purpose is in this power scandal?

Does she truly love me or was it a façade until now?

All these questions that I don't know the answers to and she is the only one who can give me them. But she is my enemy, enemies never give the truth to your questions. Her father ruined me and my family.

It is only right that I ruin hers. For all the pain I must endure because of this curse. I can't control my shadows because of it, and Alastair has to suffer along with me. I can't sleep at night because Marquis Claudonia haunts my dreams.

And occasionally she appears in them, trying to win me over with her body.

This nightmare, called my life, will end only when they are no more. I will destroy any Claudonia on the face of this world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 54 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
502K 28.3K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
5.7M 304K 125
Falling into the fiery hell she created must've been the perfect way for her to die. The other woman would then become the heroine that saved the tow...
239K 7.1K 58
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...