ɪʟʟɪᴄɪᴛ ᴀꜰꜰᴀɪʀꜱ • ʀᴀꜰᴇ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏ...

By delicatessss

Rafe Cameron's love and obsessions. JJ Maybank's issues and recklessness. Rafe Cameron x OC x JJ Maybank. OBX... More

ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄᴀꜱᴛ
ᴀᴇꜱᴛʜᴇᴛɪᴄꜱ
ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛꜱ
𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕃𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼𝕃𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼𝕋𝔼𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝕋ℍ𝕀ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝔼𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋
𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 ℕ𝕀ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕆ℕ𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕆𝕌ℝ
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝔽𝕀𝕍𝔼
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏
𝕊𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝔼𝕍𝔼ℕ

𝔽𝕀𝔽𝕋𝕐 𝕋𝕎𝕆

737 12 17
By delicatessss

HOPE MEETING SARAH AGAIN when John B made a call to her following the plan that she made for them in order to help Sarah and Kiara figure the banter between them. She’s glad that the boys actually agreed with her plan, though she hesitates at first.

The four of them now on a boat, sailing through the marsh while the three of them giving each other a look. Pope is currently picked up Kiara by her house using the HMS Pogue, it’s the next step of their plan.

“What is this about, again?” Sarah tugs on Hope, pulling her closer leaving the boys to the front.

She heard Hope before, but she’s still not entirely sure about it. Because it’s all very sudden, she barely arrived at her house until she’s got a call from John B back to meet at the Chateau.

“You said you want a double date? We’re having a double date now” Hope grinned, hiding her lies.

“On a boat, during this time?”

“Yeah, sounds fun”

“This isn’t what I meant when I said I want a double date with you, Hope” Sarah complained, scrunching up her face “And I thought you said JJ isn’t your boyfriend?”

Hope pursed her lips “He needs to be my boyfriend first to be my date?” she raised her brows.

That actually silenced the blonde a little “Not really” she sighed “But still, what type of double date is this? I don’t see anything that screams ‘date’.” She continues again, looking around the marsh while shielding her face from the sun.

“Just—wait and see, okay? We planned it very well, you’ll like it” Hope assured, patting her shoulder. Sarah let out a breath “Fine. You better make this fun” she warned.

“The best fun in your life” Hope states, hold up her hand as a gesture. Sarah rolls her eyes, parting away from her to the edge of the boat. Feeling the breeze hitting her skin.

JJ walks out from the front and caught the girls before he reached out for Hope from behind “Hey” he greets, giving her a quick kiss on her head making Hope to smile “Hey” she said.

“Everything is fine? She has a clue yet?” He leans closer to whisper it.

“All fine and she’s still think we’re having a double date” She whispers back, feeling the soft breath against her skin when JJ hummed as a response.

“I really wish this is going to be a real date” he mutters again, his hands start to sneak around her from behind bringing her closer to him.

Hope chuckles “I thought you promised me a fancy date? You know the one that Kook like me always had. The wine, they steak and all” she teased, leaning her back into his chest. Letting him to engulf her.

“I know, but what if we’re going for a Pogue style before we’re going full Kook?” he asked.

Hope shift her head a little to look up to him “We’re having two different date now?”

“I’ll give you as many as dates you want”

“That sounds like a plan” Hope nods “A Pogue date first and then we’re going full Kook” she continues.

“Deal” JJ grins and he leans down to capture her lips and Hope returns the kiss without hesitates.

Until Sarah chimes forcing them to break out from the kiss “Oh, vomit. Can we keep it PG now? I’m trying not to throw up here” she said, already looking at them.

Hope blushed while JJ just gives the other girl a big grin. JJ gives her cheek one last kiss before he pulls his hands away from her.

“Can yall get some snacks and beers downstairs?” JJ spoke, pointing to the lower deck of the boat where they usually keep foods and shits.

“Can’t you two do that instead?” Sarah raised her brows.

“I can and If I’m going down there with Hope, we might not find the way back up for another hours” He states, obviously got something inside his mind making Hope to scoff.

“Gross” Sarah gagged.

“It’s better if you two go, I’m saving the four of us here” JJ continues.

“Yeah, enough chit chatting” Hope spoke, quickly walks away from JJ ready to play her role for the next steps before Pope and Kiara show up in any minutes.

Sarah let out a small groan but she’ll listen to them, eventually. She ditched the edge and joining Hope who already walking down to the lower deck. Leaving the boys upstairs, that’s when JJ run back to John B.

“Hope gets Sarah on the position” JJ spoke, announcing it to him who is still behind the wheels “Good” John B said, he starts to pull over and kill the engine. Parked the boat in the middle of the marsh.

The boys quickly run towards the engine box, putting away the lid and bringing a wrench out. They’re going to pretend that the boat is having some technical problem to explain to Kiara when she’s finally shows up.

“You think it will work?” John B asked the blonde when they both go down on the floor. Putting away the lid of the engine box.

“Of course it will work, it’s my girl’s idea” JJ beams, helping him.

“You said she’s not your girlfriend?” John B pointing that out, referring about the previous argument they had before.

JJ pursed his lips “She’s not” he states, looking away from him.

“Why not?”

“Because she’s not, okay? I don’t know” JJ spats, can’t help to feel irritates at the interrogation from him.

“You don’t want to? Are you just trying to mess with her just like you did to the other girls before” John B accused, narrowing his eyes.

Usually, he won’t mind with JJ keep bringing different girls every time, he knows about that side of his friends that never stick to one girl. It’s not really his business to meddle, it’s not like JJ will be listening to him.

But he doesn’t think that it will be a good idea for JJ go do the same thing to Hope, he likes the girl, she’s definitely a good match for JJ. And if his friend is trying to mess with Hope, he would be suggesting for JJ drop it. He doesn’t want JJ to play her heart.

“What? No, of course not” JJ quickly said, he could never do that. Not to Hope.

“Then, why don’t you make any move?”

JJ let out a sigh, sinking down his shoulders “I don’t know, man. I mean, what if she doesn’t want this? Look at her, she’s a Kook. Everything about her screaming Kook and I’m not really a person that she can bring to her parents as a boyfriend”

“She’s super into you, okay? I can see it” John B states “Plus, she won’t be here with you if she doesn’t want this. Who cares about everyone else?”

JJ chews his lips, thinking about what John B just said to him and he knows that he’s right about it too. But there’s something telling him that he’s not good enough for her and she deserved someone better than him. Even though he wants nothing than to be with her.

Plus, Hope said she’s not familiar with anything like this, she never been in a relationship and honestly, he’s too. He’s not serious enough to have a relationship with anyone, he’s never into anything like that. With everything that happened in his life, he’s not sure that he can find anyone that compatible enough.

Until Hope.

Before JJ can open his mouth to answer John B, they heard an engine sounds sputtering breaking the tension. They both snapped their neck towards the marsh, catching Pope and Kiara made their way. Their voices rising in the air, causing them quickly to back on their position.

“Where’s Hope? She needs to be up by now” John B whispered, or else this is going to screw everything.

“She’ll make it” JJ assured and John B just nods.

Hope and Sarah still searching through the place for any snacks and beers that JJ mentioned about, but they can’t find any. Hope knows why, because there’s nothing down there and JJ just send them down because of the plan.

“I can’t see any beers or even snacks” Sarah mutters after been searching for a while “Only dusts”

Hope pursed her lips “I’ll go and ask him again” she said, turns on her heels to climb back up “You stay here, all right? Don't go anywhere. I’ll be back in seconds”

“Yeah, it’s not like there’s anywhere to go”

“Just make sure” Hope beams and she quickly walks away. A breath of relief slipping out from her as soon as she’s not facing the girl. Glad that this is working out so well so far.

When Hope gets to upstairs, Pope and Kiara already arrived. She quickly close down the lid for the stairs, trapping Sarah down there.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Kiara spats as soon as she saw the redhead emerges to her sight. She’s just stepping into the boat while Pope is still on the HMS Pogue.

“Being pretty” She beams, shrugging her shoulder.

“This is ridiculous”

“Don’t worry, I won’t bother you. Got someone else to fill that spot” she winks, referring to JJ.

“Gross” Kiara cussed, gagging out loud.

“Hey, Kie!” John B yelling for the curly haired girl and that actually catch her attention.

Kiara averts her gazes from Hope back to find the other boys. She ditches her previous spot to walk up on them, finding JJ and John B currently on the floor while working their ass off for the engine box.

“What happened?” Kiara asked, spread out her hands.

Hope quickly walking towards the other boat. Pope helping her to get in, holding his hand out for her to reach out and she did. She mutters a thank you for his kind gestures and the boy smile back.

“Uh, the alternator’s, not alternating anymore” JJ explains, faking his frustrating.

“It’s not charged” John B states right after.

“Did you check the plugs?” Kiara asked, that could be the reasons why. “No. No, you should check ‘em” JJ suggests and John B agreeing with him.

The boys start to get up from their places while JJ handing the screwdriver to Kiara “Give it a wind”

“You guys are useless” Kiara mutters, shaking her head while slowly getting down it.

“Sorry about that” They said and slowly sneaking away to the back, walking out together while Kiara is occupied with the lies they just feeding to her.

They hear the girl asking about if they’re joking about it because she can’t find any plugs in it. That’s when John B and JJ start to yell and jump into the water. Pope and Hope already starts the boat, edging away from them while the two boys swimming their way towards them.

Hope saw Kiara shows up with a confuse look on her face before Sarah merges from the place she just stuck earlier.

“What the hell!” Kiara yells, running to the front of the boat looking out to them and Sarah is right behind her also has the same expression. The girls start to fume in anger, they almost can see the smokes coming out from their head.

“Get your asses back here!” Kiara yells once again.

“We can’t, not until you two figure it out” John B exclaimed while climbing out from the water into the boat.

Hope helping JJ out, holding out her hand for the boy to pull him out from the water.

“I will kill every single one of you!” Kiara threatened them again.

“You can’t just leave!” Sarah shook her head, not wanting to spend her time deserted with Kiara.

“There’s a food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt” John B informed while casually hanging by the edge “Hydroponic!” JJ announced, holding up his thumb for the girls.

“I will kill you, Hope!” Sarah yells and shooting a dagger look to the redhead while she’s just laughing out loud “I love you too, Sar!” she yells back at her with a big grin.

Pope moves to the front to start the engine while the girls are still screaming at them before the boat starts to move, drifting away from them while the four of them waving to Sarah and Kiara that still fuming.

“They’re totally going to kill us” JJ mutters.

“They definitely are” John B agreed with him.

•••

WHEN THEY ARRIVED BACK to the dry land, Hope feels something vibrating in her pocket causing her to stop walking and reaching out for her phone. She already got it back when Sarah hands it to her earlier, she doesn’t even know how Sarah convinced Rafe to give it to her but she’s rather not to know.

John B and Pope already way ahead her walking through the deck and JJ stop his steps when he notices his side not occupied by the girl. He turns around, only to see Hope is currently looking down to her phone.

“What’s wrong?” JJ asked, walking back towards her.

Hope staring at the light up screen with a hit of confusion written on her face, the question that coming from JJ got drift away with the breeze, hanging in the air. Her mind is way too occupied with the name that popped up for the incoming call for her to hear the boy, until she feels his presence engulfed her.

“You good?” JJ asked her again when he’s close enough to her, Hope finally looks up from the screen to the blonde.

“You mind if I answer a phone call for a minute?” she said instead of answering the question.

“Uh--yeah, sure. I’ll be waiting for you at the house” JJ nods, he thought she’s in a kind of trouble or something. He’s glad it just a phone call, though he can’t help to wonder who is the caller.

“Thanks” Hope mutters and she turns away from him before she swipe the green symbol on her screen to answer the call. Walking towards the edge of the deck, facing the marsh where the streak of light reflecting on the water. Feeling the salty breeze hitting her skin.

JJ already walks out towards the shack, leaving the girl alone.

“Hello?” Hope spoke, bringing the phone closer to hear ear.

“Hope? Is that you?” A young voice chimes from the other side of the call, making Hope to smile a little “Yeah, it’s me. What’s up, Wheeze?” she asked, brushing away her hair that messily stuck on her face when a hit of winds coming.

“Oh my God, I’ve been trying to get a hold of you since this morning. Where have you been?” Wheezie questioned, she can hear the relief coming through from her.

Hope chews her lips, not knowing what to say the younger girl “I’m sorry, my phone died last night and I kinda sleep through my alarms" she lies, hoping that the girl not having any clues about everything that is going on.

Wheezie can be a little nosy sometimes, she intends to know something that she shouldn’t by accident. And she can be a little snitch.

“Are you with Sarah now? she said she’s out with you” Wheezie continues the question.

Hope hold a laughter at the mentioned of her blonde friend, knowing damn well that she’s on her murder list as soon as they go back to the marsh to get them back later.

“Yeah” Hope confirmed “What’s wrong? Is she in trouble? Are we in trouble?” she continues, can’t help to feel scared if they are indeed in trouble.

Because she needs to run back to get Sarah and that is going to ruin the entire plan. Plus, Hope is already in a deep shit for disappearing and not going home last night. she's surprised that Topper not making their parents start the whole search party for her yet.

“No, you’re not” Wheezie states and that causing Hope to breath in relief “But I kinda need your help”

Hope get a little alarmed at the plead “Help? What help?” she asked “Do you—do you want me to help you sneak out or something? Because I’m totally down for that” she jokes, trying to ease her nervousness.

“No, but thanks. I’m totally go for you when the time is coming”

“Yeah, anytime” Hope smiles “What help, again? Is it serious?"

There’s a silence for a while, only a soft breathing of her. Hope need to check up on her phone again to make sure that the line is still connected but it still did. She furrows her brows, bringing her phone back to hear ear.

“Wheezie?”

“Rafe got into an argument with my dad” Wheezie finally spit them out right after she said for his name, the brings up about Rafe sending a struck through her body and she hates it how only by hearing his name making her heart to shudder.

“Why? What happened?” she continues to ask, shifting her weight on her legs.

“I don’t know. I heard the screaming coming from his office when I walked passed it, something about Rafe trying to steal from him or something. That he needs to pay someone for his bike” she continues.

Hope puts a hand on her forehead, rubbing it a little. Rafe is caught stealing from Ward for his bike? What did the boy is trying to do now? She knows this isn’t going to end well for Rafe, not when it starts to involve Ward. He’s totally in a big trouble.

“Are they still fighting?” Hope asked after a minute of silence.

“No. My dad send him back into his room right after and I swear I heard a yell and something crashing in there ever since”

Hope sighed a little, the news not really helping at all with everything that happened. She knows Rafe is going to have a major breakdown over this, he always handling the situation he had with his father in non-healthy way and that will down to his last resort. His drugs.

And she doesn’t want to get hurt for taking the drugs. No matter how much she’s despising him right now,

“What do you want me to do, Wheeze? Why did you call me to tell me this?” She questioned, though she feels bad for what happened but she’s still curious why would the younger girl breaks the news to her. She don’t think she can do anything about it.

“I’m worry about him, I don’t want him to get hurt or something. He looks a little miserable ever since last night, I thought something is just—I don’t know, striking him somewhere” Wheezie expressing her concern for her older brother, Hope always knows that the girl cares more about Rafe compared to the other people inside that house “I thought maybe you can come over and talk to him”

That caught her breath a little “You—you want me to come to your house? To talk to Rafe?”

“Yeah” Wheezie confirmed “He always calm when you’re around, he likes you, like a lot. Maybe you can talk to him? Just to ease him or something”

Hope chews her lips "I don't know, Wheezie" she said. Debating with herself because if this under another circumstances, she would be flying to get to him right away. It doesn't need Wheezie to plead for it.

"Why? Were you fighting with him or something? Because you weren't with him last night, you were kinda disappeared and he looks so miserable"

"No, of course not" Hope nervously said, denying the accusation. She can't possibly dragging a child into her own mess much less to explain how crazy her brother was acting yesterday. That could ruin the image she had for Rafe.

She knows Wheezie adores him, she kinda looks up to the older boy a lot. Hope knows Wheezie cares about Rafe more than she shows him and Rafe always reserved a soft spot for the girl even though he didn't want to admit it.

And Hope wants to keep it in that way, at least for now. Until Wheezie is old enough to understand things.

"Then? why can't you be here?"

Hope let out breath “What if—what if he doesn’t want me there? What if I’m only making it worst?”

“Trust me, you out of people in this world he wants to see right now” Wheezie assured again “Please, Hope. I really need you to check up on him and I will do that myself if he’s not going to yell right on my face if I ever show up on his door”

“I don’t think I can make it there now, Wheeze” Hope sighed, trying to get herself out. She wants to help Wheezie, she really thought that it’s so sweet for the girl to care that much for Rafe to ask her for this, but she’s also in the middle of crisis with the boy.

“Why? Because you’re with Sarah now?” She questioned “Just ditch her, she’ll be fine. You two can always hang out, it’s not like world would end if you stop doing things together just for one day”

“I can’t just, ditch her”

“Please, Hope, I’m counting on you, now. Shit—“ Wheezie cuss a little, almost like she’s got shocked with something.

“What? What’s wrong?” Hope quickly asked.

“I think I heard something crashed again from Rafe’s room” Wheezie announced and that only making the guilt bubbling inside her, hearing that making Hope wants nothing than go run for Rafe right away. But she can’t just do that, not after what happened, not after what he did last night.

It’s still all fresh and new to her, it engraved right inside her mind. She can’t just forget about it ever happened just because he’s got himself into another problem and his sister is begging for her mercy for him.

But she also doesn’t want him to been through this all alone, she knows he’s not going to handle this very well. She did promise to always be with him no matter what, that she’s going to help him to figure things out. That causing Hope to feel stuck in between that, she doesn’t know which one to do.

“I don’t know, Wheezie—” Hope trailed, she really wants to be there but she doesn’t want to see Rafe. Not now, at least.

“Hope, please, you’re the only person that I can count on” Wheezie keep pleading, that only making everything hard for her to keep saying no. She hates for having such a soft hearted like this, she really needs to learn to keep saying no to something she doesn’t want to do.

“Fine, I’ll see what I can do” Hope finally said, mentally cussing herself.

She knows she just created a chaos to herself, she knows she’s going to questioning herself later but she can’t keep saying no to the desperation coming from Wheezie’s voice, she looks genuinely cares about Rafe and really wants to make sure that he’s fine. And truth be told, she’s too wants to know about him.

“Thank you, thank you, you’re literally the best” Wheezie chimes happily from the other side, she can picture a small jump with a bright smile plaster on the girl’s face. That actually causing Hope to smile, though it’s not really a pleasant one.

“Yeah, sure” she mutters it.

“I gotta go, Rose is calling for me but I really, really glad you’re willing to help me” Wheezie announced again, she heard a small shuffling sounds making from her side, probably just get up from her bed or something.

“Of course, anytime” she said.

They both pleading a goodbye to each other before she ends the call and Hope automatically let out a heavy sigh, tugging on her hair lightly with all the feeling mixing inside her. She has the urges to jump into the water and just let the water engulfed her, letting her oxygen slowly got ripped away from her lungs and hoping the water could swallow her the whole.

It’s hard to face Rafe but it also going to be harder to explain to JJ about it. That's going to be another hell for her to endure.

She let out another sigh, taking a minute to pull herself together before she starts to walk towards the house tucking the phone back into her pocket.

Her mind wander on how she’s going to tell JJ to drop her back to figure eight, what excuse she’s going to feed him so he won’t suspect that she’s going to go against everything that she said about not wanting to see Rafe.

She wants to just tell JJ the truth, but that’s going to be a lot harder to explain. And she’s trying not to get into a fight with JJ, she hates that. She knows anything that involved Rafe in their conversation only end up with a quarrel.

What was Rafe doing by stealing Ward’s money? For his bike? What happened to his bike?

“Hey—” JJ greets her when she steps onto the porch, he blow out a smoke from his mouth. His air around him filling with the cloud causing him to wave his hand to brush them away.

“Hey” Hope greets him back, putting up a small smile. “Where’s John B and Pope?” she asked while walking up to him, noticing the lack of presence from the other boys.

“At the back I guess” he announced, shrugging his shoulders. He continues to smoke the vape, letting the smoke to engulfed him once again.

Hope nods and drop the conversation right away. She approached the couch but has no plan to sit on it and instead pacing around nervously. She’s thinking how to crack the topic to JJ, without causing much trouble.

JJ glances at the girl when there’s a silence between them. He won’t mind the quiet for a while but he can sense the tension from her, how she’s shifting around nervously like she’s got something in her mind.

“You good, princess?” He asked out the question from his mind.

“Yeah” She nods, but the boy not believes her. He knows she’s got something, she’s not the best liar he ever knows.

“Who just called?” He asks, he assumed that it has something to do with the previous call she had.

Hope chews her lips, slowly looks up to face him who already looking at her. He looks genuinely concern, it written all over his face “It’s uh, Wheezie” she continues, deciding to not lie about the caller.

“Wheezie?” JJ raised his brows “Is that Sarah’s little sister?”

“Yeah”

“What did she wants?”

She paused a little “Uh—she asked about where was I this morning, you know because I went MIA” she said “And she kinda—she kinda asked for a help”

JJ squinted his eyes “What help?”

“Something about uh—her homework”

“It’s summer now, what homework she needs help with?”

“Uh—”

JJ clicks his tongue, putting away his vape from his mouth and walking towards her. He knows what is this about, he knows what she’s trying to hide.

“Is it about him?” he questioned, he kinda see it coming.

“What about him?” Hope trying to play it off, hoping that JJ might just guess about it.

“Don’t lie, Hope.  You know what I meant” He exclaimed and he starts to sound unpleased when he knows where is the direction of this conversation.

Hope let out a sigh, shifting her weight on her feet “Don’t be mad” she said, because she can sense it’s about to come out from him “I didn’t even say anything” he shrugged.

“You’re going to” She pointed it out.

Maybe not yet but he’s surely will. It always ends in that way, with him berating her about Rafe just like Rafe did to her about JJ. She honestly can’t escape either of them going crazy about each other.

JJ shook his head “What happened now? So, he can’t get a hold of you for what he did and he’s using his little sister to get to you? That’s how he’s playing his game?” he accused.

Knowing Rafe and how desperate he is when it comes to Hope, JJ knows he’s willing to use every single door of advantages he had, even the lowest one. Especially when he knows how soft Hope is when it comes to people she cares.

“I don’t think he has anything to do with this” Hope exclaimed.

He won’t be playing about something like this. Not when it involving Ward and judging by how desperate Wheezie sounds, she knows that it’s coming purely from the girl. Not because Rafe told her to do something just to get to her.

“What did he do this time? JJ questioned again.

“Something about he’s got in trouble with his dad” Hope announced, because she’s also not actually knows about the whole situation. Just based on what Wheezie just told her and she’s not telling much.

JJ let out a scoff “So what? He’s in a shit with his father and go whining about it to his sister just so she can tell you?” he ranted, can’t help to find it silly “He’s like what? 20 and still crying when his dad shouting at him? This is ridiculous, you can’t actually fall for that”

“Don’t say that, JJ. You don’t know the relationship he had with his father, it’s a rocky road”

“Well, he’s not the only one who has some daddy issues” JJ exclaimed “My dad was a shitty person and he beats the shit out of me almost every day. Do you see me whining about it? or going around and telling people about it? He needs to man up and face it”

Hope gives him a look at the confession about his father and she can’t help to feel bad. That’s not something that she can just let it go like nothing ever happened, that’s not something normal at all for a father to beat his own child. But this isn’t about who has the shitty father of the year.

“This isn’t some competition, JJ” Hope mutters lowly, shaking her head a little.

“I didn’t say it was a competition” JJ argued again, holding up his hands to prove his point “I was just speaking out the truth. People have crisis with their parents every day, he doesn’t need to whine about it”

“I don’t really want to argue with you about this, JJ” She replied, trying not to drag this to somewhere more complicated that will get the both of them in a heat of argument. She has enough with it.

JJ sighed, running through his fingers on his hair while trying to calm himself down when he just realizes that he’s in the verge of argument with Hope. He’s trying not lost his temper at the girl, especially when it’s about that specific Kook’s boy. He traces the guilt from her face, that enough to make him to falter a little.

“Okay, fine, I’m sorry” JJ retorted, his tone no longer hard “So, he’s got in a trouble with his dad. Fine. But what does that haa something to do with you? He can handle it, right? He’s not a baby. Case close, we can go back to our normal life” he concludes, walking up to her and reach out for her hands.

Hope pressed her lips into a tight line, because she’s definitely not going to just go back to her normal life after she heard about what happened. And Rafe is definitely not handling it very well. Based on what Wheezie told her, she knows the boy is definitely in the middle of mental breakdown.

She looks up to JJ who already tugging on both of her hands, she knows she needs to break it to him sooner or later. But she doesn’t know how to say, because he’s going to get angry again. Very angry.

JJ seems like can read the look that she’s giving to him, it kinda written all over his face and that causing him to drop his hold on her hands. He stumbles backwards, shaking his head “No” he states.

Hope shut close her eyes for a while before she open them back “Just—listen to me, all right?”

“No, Hope, no” He keep shaking his head “I don’t want to listen anything from you. You’re not going to run your way back to him just because of that” he said, knowing exactly what is she going to do and say.

“I’m not running my way back to him, okay? I’m just going to check up on him, to make sure that Wheezie’s right about it and he’s all fine” Hope continues, walking up to him while trying to explain to JJ “You don’t know Rafe, okay? he’s not—he’s not that well when it comes to his father”

“I don’t give a fuck about him” His voice boomed a little forcing Hope to stop her movement towards him “You’re not going back thete just because of a silly argument he had with his dad. Did you just forget what he did last night? That causing you to run away and in a mess like this?” he said, trying to remind the girl.

“I know, I know. I don’t forget, okay? I remember it all too well, very well” She answered, how can she just forget about all of that? Of course she remembered “But I promised him. I promised to be there for him when he needs me, or when he’s in the middle of crisis. I can’t just—I can’t just broke it” she continues.

JJ keep shaking his head “He doesn’t need you, Hope. Be for real, okay? He only said that because he knows that you’re not going to say no to him and he can use it against you every time. Just like now. He knows he’s screw up and he needs to find his way back to you. Can’t you see that? He’s trying to own you, just like he always did”

He needs to put something inside her mind, to see the clearer picture here of what Rafe is trying to do. He don’t believe that Rafe can’t handle shit on his own and needs Hope to mend his shit for him. It’s just one of his game, he’s trying to play it on Hope knowing damn well how easy for the girl to fall for that.

“JJ please” Hope is still trying to talk her way out to JJ, he really needs him to understand something that she did. Though she knows it won’t be easy “I’m just going there for a while, all right? If I see that he’s doing all right, I’ll be back here. I promised”

“No” he states “You’re not going there, you could get hurt and I’m not allowing that happens to you”

“He’s not going to hurt me” Hope mutters knowing it’s a lie and taking into what happened, she knows damn well he’s capable of doing that, hurting her. Maybe not yet, but Hope has this paranoia that he will and she just hope that the day will never comes because she won’t survive that.

“He choked me almost to death because you said you didn’t want to kiss him!” JJ yells again, trying to jog to the memories back “If that isn’t enough to tell you that the boy has a serious problem and you need to mind yourself from him, then I don’t know what to say anymore”

“I don’t forget, okay? I was there and I saw everything and heard everything”

“Then, why are you still trying to excuse his action?”

“I’m not excusing his actions. This is something more than that, something that I promised to him”

JJ scoff in disbelief when she keeps bring up about the promised she made to the boy and he can’t help to feel how bullshit that is.

“You said you were scared of him and you don’t want to see him for what he did. That’s the reason, why you run for Barry and begging for his hospitality. That’s the reason why you’re here, hiding from him” he continues to remind her again, anything just so he can get through the grip that Rafe had over her.

Hope chews her lips and can’t help to feel taken aback with how JJ mutters his words about her. Yes, she was begging to Barry and was in a total desperate last night. But hearing it coming from JJ making her looks so bad and almost like it a humiliate things for her to do.

“This is ridiculous” Hope said, running her fingers through her messy and tangled hair. She starts to feel an ache pounding in her head “I don’t even know why am I trying to explain this to you. You said I’m my own person and I don’t own an explanation to people around me for my life. Why would I’m even stressing over this” she said, starting to feel exhausted.

Why she needs to constantly explain to people about what she’s going to do? It’s her life, it’s her choice. That’s what people keep telling her, that she needs to stand up for herself. Maybe she should be doing that now.

“You don’t want to do this, Hope. Trust me, he’s no good. You’re going to regret this again and I’m trying to save you a big time here” JJ try again, the frustration already left his tone and he’s trying to convince the girl without all the emotions.

“I know what I’m doing, JJ” Hope states and she’s going to stand up for her own decision. He can’t stand between that “I don’t have to explain this to you”

JJ knows he should be happy, because she’s finally realizes her worth that she doesn’t need to be the puppet on a string that play by someone else to do everything they want.

But this isn’t exactly how he wants it to turn like, not in this way. Because he’s worry about what will happen to her when she’s go and meeting Rafe. He knows that the boy is just plot something on his own just to make Hope is back on his feet again, just like he always did.

“Don’t go, okay? We stay here and we’re going to be just fine” JJ keep going “And then, we’re going to get Sarah and Kie back from the boat and we’re proceed to find the gold. You can join us, I want you to be with me this time. You can have a part from my share and then we’re going full Kook together”

Hope shook her head “I told you I don’t want to be part of that. I’m here because of you, because I want you, not because of what you can offer to me. That’s not the reason why I choose you from the first place” she continues.

JJ paused a little “If you choose me, why are you trying to run for him back?”

“I’m not running for him back, JJ. You need to understand that”

The boy just let out a faint laugh “You can’t really drop him completely, can you? He’s always going to stand in between us no matter what it is” he pointed out and he kinda can see it here.

“He’s my friend first before I know you, I can’t just forget it and drop him like he was nothing”

“Yeah, friend, sure” JJ chuckles, a dry humour coming out from him. He’s totally not believing it. Maybe Rafe is a friend to her but that boy definitely don’t think the same. She’s not just a friend to him, he didn’t want her because she’s a friend.

“If you don’t want to believe me or even try to trust me, fine, whatever” Hope states “But I know what I did and I’m not running back to him, that’s what you need to know” she continues, she starts to feel exhausted with all of this.

“You can go, if you want, I’m not going to stop you” JJ said, he also had enough with their arguments “It’s your life, right? I’m pretty sure I have no right to say a thing about it. It’s not like we’re in a relationship or something” he shrugged.

Hope can feel his words slicing her a little and how she almost to run back to him, pulling him closer and kiss him to make him forget about their argument. She wants nothing than be able to feel his lips against her or his soft touch on her while muttering his sweet nothings.

He’s her safe place. But something telling her to not fall for that. He’s right, this is her life and they’re not in a relationship. He can't tell her a shit.

“Yeah, good for you” she states, not knowing her response actually hurting the boy but he’s not going to plead again for her to stay. She made her decision, he’s not going to whine about it. He’s way too matured for that, unlike specific someone.

“I can drop you at the Figure Eight if you want. If you still want to do anything me” He offers. Sure he’s mad and probably hurts now, but he’s still wants her to be safe. He can put away his ego for her own safety.

“That’s fine, I can ask John B to drop me” Hope decline the offer, even though she wants to accept it.

Because she knows if she accepts it and get onto the bike with him, while being that close to JJ the entire ride, she’s going to falter and drop all of  her decisions. She’s not letting him having that power over her.

“Yeah, go ask John B” JJ sneered, can’t help to feel hurt once again.

So, she would rather to let John B to driver her instead of him? Is that how low he is in front of her eyes? Is that how easy Rafe can get his way back to her and boot him away from the chart? By whining about his problem with his father? JJ feels stupid, he should know better than thinking that people would actually choose him over anyone else and stay in that way.

“Yeah” Hope mutters. She swallows the lump between her throat and the tension between them killing her right now. Especially when she saw the look on his face, how his eyes flickers with the emotions. She needs to broke the eye contact or else she will be running right towards him.

“I’ll see you later” She continues to say when JJ remains silent, the blond only gives her a cold gesture instead of saying anything.

That is when Hope to turn away from him while trying to hold her own cry, she’s not shred any tears for this. Not anymore, she has enough with crying.

Hope walks away from the porch, searching for the Routledge boy to ask him for a ride back to Figure Eight and hoping he’s kind enough to provide her the hospitality. Or else, she has no choices than walking all the way from here to the other side of the island.

When Hope is already out from his sight, JJ let out a heavy breath and kicking out a beer can that clatters on the floor sending it away across the porch. He rubs his face harshly, gritting his teeth against each other. Can’t help to feel defeat, he can feel the ache pounding in his heart.

•••

RAFE KNOWS HE’S IN TROUBLE. A big trouble if he actually being honest with himself and he’s truly doesn’t know what to do now. With the whole things with Hope and now this, he’s surely wants nothing that jump out from a cliff, it seems like that’s the only way out from this.

After his encounter with Barry and the man just gift him a freaking burned mark on his arm, he needs to put himself together and think for something to get a money so he’ll be able to pay him back. Or else, he knows Barry would do something ever worst than this.

Especially when he knows that the drug dealer had Hope with him the whole time. He’s not going to just sit and let him has Hope, he needs to get her back.

Rafe sneaks into Ward’s office, with a hope that the man won’t be in there so he can get to the vault and pull out some cash or even one of his expensive watches. He can pawn that for some money, enough to pay Barry back so the man front him more Cokes and he might convince Barry to tell him about Hope.

He’s in desperate to know and he’s willing to do everything for it.

But he busted his ass off when Ward shows up and caught him on action when he’s about to get out from the office after he’s successfully got into the vault and retrieve a watch.

That’s leading into a huge argument between them with a lot of screaming from Ward, accusing him for stealing while Rafe is trying to explain himself. After back and forth of arguments, he finally told the man the truth and Ward can’t get more furious when he knows about it.

That his son was doing a drug and now Rafe owed the drug dealer some money for his substances that leads him to steal from him? he swears he almost beat the shit out of the boy but he knows that’s not going to solve everything. Ward ends up sending the boy away and told him to stay in his room until he figures something out for his shit. As always, since forever.

Now, Ward demands for him to get into the car and wait for him in there while he’s get some money to pay the drug dealer and to get his bike back. Rafe keeps muttering the jumbles of sorry to him, how he said he really learned his lessons this time and will do it better.

But Ward knows that’s just an empty promise, he heard that way many times before from the boy and he won’t fall for it again. He knows that Rafe will keep creating a problem and he needs to jump in and clear things out for him as always.

Rafe walks out from his house with his head full with mazes, the thoughts he had won’t stop buzzing ever since last night and he doesn’t know what to do anymore. The drugs barely do anything and he’s already running out the cocaines to shut them down.

With everything that happened, it making his heart escalated with a lot of things including voices that he seems to hear faintly from unknown sources.

While his mouth muttering the comfort words to himself and walking his way towards the car, he doesn’t notice yet a figure just walking in into his lawn just seconds ago. He’s way into his head to notice his surrounding, but the person spot him first.

Hope just got dropped out by John B by his van and she quickly making her way towards the mansion after she muttered a thank to the Routledge boy. She was anxious, the anxiety crippling inside her with the thought of meeting Rafe Cameron after last night, after everything she did just to run away from him.

But she needs to do this and the seconds she caught a lie from him, that he’s trying to trick her into this just so he can get back to her, she’s going to run to the other direction.

She continues her steps, walking through the lawn that way too familiar to her almost like it’s the second home considered of how many times she’s been here for as long as she can remember.

The first thing that she caught when she’s about to reach the doorstep is a tall figure walking out from the door looking miserable. His mouth moving slightly, like he’s mumbling something to himself. His usual perfect hair a little ruin, messily falls from his head.

That’s enough to tell her that he’s not fine and Wheezie wasn’t lying when she said that Rafe got into a trouble with Ward. She just knows that he’s already miserable enough and Ward totally already put his into a torment, she doesn’t need to come up to Rafe and ask him. She can feel it in the air.

Rafe walking to the car, still yet to notice her and Hope stops abruptly when she saw him. She swallowing hard, suddenly debating her decision last minute.

Maybe she shouldn’t be here, because she’s not as ready as she thought to confront the boy. This is harder than she imagine, she thought she can handle this.

But before she can turn on her heels and walk away from the lawn like nothing ever happened, Rafe already caught her presence when he heard the sounds of footsteps approaching him.

He swears he can feel his heart pounding against his chest, he almost can’t believe his own eyes, he thought that his brain starts to mess with him since he’s in a total shit now. But Rafe knows this isn’t a mind trick, he knows that Hope is standing in front of his eyes just couple meters away from his reach.

“Mia?” Rafe mutters her name, almost froze in his position with his eyes still darting on the girl who is also in her own trance.

Hope feels something snapped inside her when she heard her name slipping out from his mouth, that is when she feels like she just did a mistake and shouldn’t be here. She turns away from facing him, bringing her legs as fast as she can to escape but she knows it’s way too late because Rafe already sprint for her.

“No! Mia, stop!” Rafe shouts, he’s quickly get on his feet and running towards her when the girl start to walk away. Hope didn’t stop, she keep walking faster but Rafe still trailing right behind her until he’s close enough to her. He grabs on her shoulder, pulling her back to him “Mia, please” he pleads, forcing her to face him.

“Get off of me, Rafe” Hope mutters, swatting his hand away from touching her “Don’t fucking touch me” she continues. Sure, she’s here for him, to check up on him but that doesn’t mean she forget about everything he did to her and JJ.

Rafe taken aback with the harsh greet she gives to him but he doesn’t care. He wants to make sure that she’s fine and he wants to apologize for what happened, for what he did.

“Are you okay? Did you hurt somewhere?” Rafe continues, hold out his hands to touch her just to make sure she’s fine but Hope swatting them away before he can even touch her “I told you to don’t touch me, Rafe” she reminds him again. Her voice isn’t loud but it still stern enough.

Rafe drops his hands while giving the girl a look of defeat, he can see how much the girl despising him now, it’s written all over her face. That causing his stomach to churn, he knows he screws up really bad.

“Where were you going, Mia? I was worry sick about you, I almost go crazy when I can’t find you”

Hope let out a scoff “Don’t act innocent, Rafe. You know what you did, don’t think I ever forget about it. You did this to yourself” she states, reminding him.

He drops his head down for a second “I know, I know” he mutters “But I’m so, sorry, okay? I didn’t—I didn’t mean to, all right? I was so mad and I can control myself” he explained, his breath starts to get heavy.

“That’s how exactly you’re going to explain to people when you killed him? That you were so mad and you can’t control yourself so you just happened to kill him? that’s how?” Hope shrilled, feeling the anger hitting her “You weren’t just get mad and lost control, Rafe. You went a total maniac and you were losing your mind!”

Her chest start to heaving while confronting the boy, this isn’t exactly how she pictured the reunion with Rafe again. She thought couple of crying session or even him whining about what happened with his dad, because she’s going to put aside their crisis for a while just to comfort the boy. But right now? she totally can’t control herself.

“I know, all right? I’m messed up, like fucking real one” He retorted, his hands moving around in the air to made his point “And I’m truly sorry, okay? I was—I was trying to take care of you, all right? I don’t want some Pogue trying to ruin you, I won’t—I won’t allow that”

Hope shook her head “I’m not having the conversation with you again, I had enough with it”

“You need to listen to me, Mia. JJ, he’s no good, all right? He’s going to ruin you and pull you into his dirty life. You don't  want that from happened, I’m trying to look out for you here”

“Enough, Rafe—”

“No, no, look at me, all right? You need to listen to me” Rafe jabbing his chest with his finger while trying to force Hope to listen to him “I’m aware of what I did last night and there’s no turning back for it. But I’m not regret of what I did to him, he deserved that, he deserved everything that I give to him. He asked for that, he deserved that shit”

Hope put a hand on her head “Stop it, Rafe”

“Let’s—let’s forget about last night, okay? I’m sorry for yelling at you and calling out with names. I’m sorry—I’m sorry for kissed you” he said and Hope flinched at the mentioned of the kiss “I won’t bring up about what you said last night, I’m gonna pretend like nothing ever happened, okay? I know you won’t say a shit like that to me, he—he forced you to say that, right? That’s okay, that’s fine. I understand, we can—we can start it over. I’m going to make it right this time, I promised”

She shook her head “No, just stop”

“Just listen to me, okay? We start over, again. Just—”

“Shut up, Rafe, just shut up!” She yells out loud and that causing the boy to stop, he shut close his mouth while giving her a look. Both of their chest are heaving, the tension radiating around them.

“There’s nothing that you could do or said can undo everything you did last night. There’s nothing can make me forget about that. You fucked up, Rafe, big time” she bellowed, trying to control her own emotion “And I meant every single thing that I said, he didn’t force me or make me said a thing that I didn’t want. You need to accept that and you cannot make me back away. Learn to suck that up instead of whining about it”

Rafe clench his jaws and he feels the anger surge all over his body. His thought starts to take over his mind again and he’s trying so hard not to slip away from his own grasp.

He knows if he did something out of his control, he’s going to lose Hope again and he won’t let that happened. He won’t watch her running towards JJ, he doesn’t care about everything she just said. He won’t be accepting it without fight his way back.

“And I’m not here to talk about last night. I had enough, all right? So please, don’t bring that up” She continues, trying to get back to the reason why she’s here from the first place.

It’s totally not to have another round of argument with him, she had enough with that. She’s still trying to recover from the previous she had, the one she had with JJ.

The thought about him making her stomach churned, she knows she’s hurting him with her action but this is the decision she made. He said himself that he can’t say a thing about it, that they’re not in a relationship that can make him important enough to object it.

Rafe calm down a little, he let out a breath before he continues to speak “Why are you here, then?” he questioned.

She pursed her lips “Wheezie called, she said you got into a trouble with your dad” she states and she saw his face changes a little “What did you do, Rafe? why were you stealing from him?”

He swallows hard “Where did you hear that?” he asked, feeling his breath getting heavier once again “I told you Wheezie called me, she heard the argument between you and your dad” Hope states again.

“It’s—it’s nothing” Rafe exclaimed, brushing away his strands of hair that fall down to his face.

He mentally cursed Wheezie for being a snitch but also can’t help to secretly thanked her. Because if she didn’t do that, Hope won’t be here and he’s still in the dark about her.

The thought about Hope willing to jump and see him because of one call about him in a trouble making his heart flowery. That’s means she’s still care about him, right? That he’s still got a chance to work his shit out to her.

“Don’t lie, Rafe” Hope accused “Is this because you can’t pay Barry his money back? He took your bike?” she remembered about Barry said that Rafe is still out for his payment and his due is today. She’s not going to blame Barry for what he did, it was his job and Rafe owed him. But she never thought that it will lead to Rafe to steal from Ward.

The mentioned of Barry’s name causing the burned mark to pound a little and he remembered about what the man said earlier “Were you really staying with him, last night?” instead of answering to the question, he questioned her for it.

Hope froze a little “What?”

“He knows about what happened and warned me to not look out for you” he continues “Were you really running for him? a drug dealer?” he said, almost like judging her. She can sense the judgment in his tone.

“I told you I’m not talking about that. So, please, drop it. We’re talking about you now” she quickly changes the topic, she’s not going to have the conversation with him. It’s not going to end well.

“Just, answer it, okay? I want to know” he urges again.

“I swear to fucking God, Rafe. If you keep acting like this, I’m walking out from here, all right? We’re done” she said and actually on her heels to turn away and brings her legs out from the boy.

“Okay, I’m sorry, all right? Don’t leave again” He pleads once again, tugging on her arm to stop her.

But before Hope can snatch it away from his grasp, she notices the bandage that wrapping around his forearm just above his wrist. She glances at it for seconds.

“What happened to your arm?” she asked, bringing it closer to her eyes.

Rafe licks his lips “It’s nothing, all right? I burned my hand when fixing my bike” he lied, can’t bring himself to tell the truth.

“Was Barry did this to you? Or your dad?” she looks up back to him, she knows he’s lying about it. Someone else did this to him and he can only think two persons for it.

“I told you it’s nothing, okay? just drop it” He said, attempt to bring his hand back to him but Hope keep her grip there.

“Don’t lie to me” she states.

“I’m not okay? I’m telling you the truth”

“Rafe—”

“What the hell is happening here?” But before she can continue her interrogation, a voice chiming in breaking the both of them from their conversation.

Hope drops her hand from tugging on Rafe’s and the boy is back to stand tall on his feet. Looking up to the man. Hope can feel the tense radiating from Rafe.

“Hope? What are you doing here?” Ward averts his gaze from his son to the girl, furrowing his brows at the sudden presence from her. He thought she was with her daughter, Sarah told him that she’s out with Hope for something.

“Hey, Mr. C” Hope greets him, putting up small smile “I just uh—wanna see Rafe” she continues.

“I thought you were with Sarah, she said you two were going to have some girls’ out or something”

“Uh—yeah, that’s right too. But I have something to say to Rafe last minute so I kinda need to see him” she continues her lies but Ward can see right through her that she’s lying. He let out a sigh, shoving his hands into his pocket while giving his son a look before his gaze falls back on her.

“You know about this, aren't you?” Ward mutters.

There’s no way Hope didn’t know, the both of them spending an awful time together lately and he knows that Hope knows about Rafe’s issues.

Rafe starts to tense up once again and Hope looks down to the ground. She feels guilty, like she’s the one who is in the trouble “I’m sorry” she mumbles, not knowing what to do. She doesn’t even know what is she sorry for but that’s the only thing that can come out from her.

“Look, I’m glad with your presence here but we need to go now” Ward announced “So, Rafe, go get in the car. We’re leaving in minutes” he looks at Rafe, demanding for the boy to follow his instruction.

“I’m going with you” she announced when Rafe is about to obey to his father, forcing him to stop abruptly “No. you’re not going with us” Rafe quickly said, shaking his head.

He’s more than grateful that Hope wants to be with him but he won’t dragging her into this mess. Not even it involving his father.

“He’s right, you’re not going” Ward said, agreeing with his son. For once, Rafe glad that his father actually agreed with him.

“No, I’m going with you. You can’t make me stay, I’m going” Hope keep being stubborn. She won’t let Rafe get into the car without her, she knows Ward is going to berate him even more. Her presence is going to low the chance of it and she’s willing to take it.

“Hope, please. Go home, all right? You can talk to Rafe later” Ward continues again.

Hope keep shaking her head and she looks up to Rafe before she grabs his arm, the boy looks down to her and feels the sudden rush at the touch of their skin.

“I’m going with you. Come on” she states and starts to pull Rafe with her towards the car leaving Ward dumbfounded with her action.

Rafe can’t help to feel scared at the bold action from her, he’s afraid that his dad is going to do something to Hope but he also can’t hide the excitement when she’s willing to stay with him. He takes the chances to move his hand from her grip to link their fingers together. Comes to his surprised, Hope didn’t stop him.

She intertwined their fingers, giving a small squeeze there to give him a comfort. Rafe gives her a smile and she returns it back, almost like they didn’t have a fight minutes ago, like she didn’t despised the boy for went crazy last night. Like she didn't hate him for what he did to her.

Ward let out a sigh, rubbing his forehead at the stubbornness coming from the girl. He turns around, only to see both Rafe and Hope just about to climb into the car. He shook his head, knowing that he has no choices than keep going with this or he’s going to waste more of his times.

With a very heavy feeling, he also starts walking towards his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.5K 38
where a kook wanted a swing at a pogue and then set the island ablaze. rafe cameron x pogue Disclaimer: INCREDIBLY mature content
220K 3.7K 23
☆彡 Rafe and Atallia hate each other so much until one day they're forced to team up in order to cover a murder. Season: 2
234K 2.1K 18
✗ DISCONTINUED ~ be careful what you search for rafe cameron x fem!oc [ obx season 1 ]
4.4K 100 28
"We hate each other, right?" he asks me, and I nod, looking back and forth between his eyes. "How mad would you be if I kissed you, right now?" "I'd...