Forbidden - Kris SJ

By KristopherEvanSJ

On Lavender Island, where the magical creatures of the Lilac Forest live, a wonderful little animal, whose sp... More

Chapter 1

10 6 0
By KristopherEvanSJ

When the light of the Sun illuminates the clearing of the Lilac Forest, the leader of Lavender Island will name the puppy with the necessary characteristics to become an apprentice. A Lobendo, whose snout showed its sharp fangs and on its head lay two tiny deer antlers that were just beginning to grow strongly, could be the one selected for the training that would lead him to be a Protector of the Forest.

The leading Lobendo, Alice, climbed to the top of the Ancestral Hill, where the ancestors would call him the island's future apprentice, let out a howl, and waited for everyone to gather under the hot sunlight.

- Olive and Wolf, stop fighting and go sit next to me! And make it quick, Alice will name the Selected One.

The father snorted with little patience, tired of their fights for no reason.

The leader spoke:

- As we all know, there are three Lobendos with the possibility of becoming the future of the Forest. I ask a step forward to; Caleb, Bailey, and last but not least, Olive...

Now our beloved spirits of the Forest will speak to me and communicate through the Small Ancestral Rock. I ask for silence, and that we contemplate this event.

There was silence, I could feel a breeze running through my fur, a strange and unexpected cold made me shiver, I could feel like I was the center of attention, I closed my eyes for a second trying to manage my insecurity due to this strange moment for me. But, when I opened my eyes everything had stopped, and the other two Lobendos at my side looked at me confused. The clear one looked at me with uncertainty! What was happening? Was the act supposed to be like this?

To my relief, my father approached me and made me realize that something was happening.

- They saw that?

A Lobendo named Charlie jumped out.

- We all saw it...

The leader clarified.

- What are you talking about, father?

- You have just been made an apprentice, a Forest Spirit touched your nose with his and chose you, Olive!

Alice came forward.

- That!? No, impossible, I can't be the Selected One, what if I'm wrong about something? It's a lot of pressure!

- Olive, you don't have to worry, I trust you.

I could see Wolf angry and envious, managing to see hatred in his eyes.

But, it was not the time to think about that... I would have to calm my mind and make sure I trained as it should... Although, this is my recently fulfilled wish, not everything turns out as one expects...

...

The meeting at the Ancestral Hill was over, and back at our cave, my brother did not speak once. My father congratulated me every two seconds, which made me notice Wolf's gaze on me.

- Is everything okay, Wolf?

I asked awkwardly.

- Don't talk to me, I don't want to talk to you.

-Hey, I understand that things don't always turn out as you expect, but that doesn't make you less...

I assured with a smile, trying to make him feel better, but he stopped short, lowering his gaze.

- Exactly, not everything turns out as you expect, that's right.

He clarified with a grim smile.

- Oh, shit, what is that?

My father said, stopping ahead of us with his eyes pointing to the sky.

I approached him, some strange winged animals were circulating over the forest.

I could hear a howl behind me, it was my brother.

-What the hell!? Aggüilas? Aren't they supposed to be docile?

- Father, yes, but, come! Let's help Wolf!

I ran quickly towards the Aggüila's neck, to finish it off. But, something stopped me, rather it took me away.

- Olive, I think it's not attacking it, it just fell on it, the animal is injured...

- Oh, wait, I'll make sure Wolf is okay.

I gently pushed the mystical animal, but Wolf, instead of thanking me, just growled at me and continued on his way towards the cave.

The Aggüila only snorted in pain.

Suddenly, something grabbed my neck, sinking its fangs into me.

It was another animal of its species, so we were not wrong, something strange was happening.

First, I defended myself, but the animal was stronger than me, making me fall.

I was distracted for a second, hearing a sound next to me. The eagle jumped on its companion, attacking it and protecting me. But since when are these animals aggressive...? Or do they confront?

The enemy animal fled, but the one that was wounded remained lying there, in agony, awaiting its end.

It gave me a pang of pity. Didn't it have to end like this? or if?

Maybe I could help you, or at least try...

- Phew, luckily everything went well, but let's catch up with Wolf, he won't be safe alone, whether in the cave or outside.

- Ehm, father, go first, after a while he caught up with you...

- Huh? Oh, no, you won't stay taking care of Aggüila, it's dangerous.

- I'm sorry father, but it is my duty to protect the forest, whether it is my species or not, every animal that unintentionally enters the forest must be saved...

- Olive...

- Father, I will do it the way it has to be.

- Well, if that's what you feel you have to do, I think it's valuable... I'll go to the cave, to sleep, I'll be waiting for you... Please don't delay... I wanna say goodbye to you before you move out.

- I'll do that father, thank you for understanding...

His gaze looked worried, but he just lowered his tail and retreated.

(Well, what should I do...) I thought to myself, trying to clarify my ideas...

I looked for a pair of Gatarañas wool, a thread with very fine wool characteristics but that serves as a support for bandages, and a couple of leaves, and then returned to the wounded Aggüila.

- Hello... My name is Olive... Ehm, don't be afraid, I will help you, rather, I will heal you... It seems that the bleeding has already stopped, I will apply a bandage on them, but first, since there is a some water here, I'll wash your wound...

The animal looked exhausted... I guess when it recovers a little, it will tell me what happened.

...

After a while, it was later. I spent half the day lying down, comforting the weak animal.

Something gently pushed me from behind with its cold snout.

The Aggüila could now stand up. Although his leg was still sore, he could walk unsteadily.

- Oh, I see you're already awake! I'm glad to see you better... What happened?

- Well, thank you very much for helping me... On the Tropical Island, the stone, or rather, the heart of the Island, has been lost, which caused my species to lose control, but for some reason nothing has happened to me. They attacked me just as I was flying with my mother through these skies. So I'm trying to escape from there, I'm afraid to go back to that island, everyone is very aggressive!

- I don't think you can stay here if that's what you want, but for now it will have to be that way, until you heal and can fly again to another place... But, how many months are you? And your name?

- I'm 24 months old, and my name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Lizzy, in a shorter way. But, yeah, I don't think I can be here anyway, but thanks for healing me, haha...

- Oh, but, well... Well, I think I have a plan, maybe you can stay in my lair. Since I was named an apprentice today, I will have to move to a new hideout, on the bridge that connects Lavender Island with Tropical Island, I think you will be fine there, without anyone finding out. And while I'm gone you won't get out of there... Well?

...

- Father, I come to say goodbye...

- Olive, we'll see each other... But don't forget that you have us here, okay?

- Obviously, father, I will never forget that they are here, but if they want to visit, we will continue in the same territory...

-I love you, Olive, take care of yourself!

-Goodbye father! Bye, uhm, Wolf...

Wolf just ignored me.

But, that's how he is... Anyway, I went back to Lizzy, who I left waiting for me outside.

- Come on.

I whispered.

- Alright...

She smiled with a gesture of uncertainty.

We walk through the moor, through many slopes, full of thyme lavenders, until we reach the House of the Apprentice/Protector, there I will be alone, with Lizzy, since the former protector here, who will be training me, is getting older and He now lives with the veterans.

- Well, let's see how this is.

I said taking the key with my snout, and opening the door.

Being able to see a beautiful armchair-bed that looked comfortable, as well as a piece of furniture full of food, and fresh meat...

- Come, come in, and stand where you want, I can see that there is another room that says "Apprentice"... You can sleep there.

I said something unsure of the new experience, which is double.

But hey, at least I'm helping someone...

- Okay... Uhm, I think I'll go to sleep now.

- Me too Lizzy.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 116K 26
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series ( CAN BE READ STANDALONE ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spread...
191K 4.7K 110
As the Maid of Evil, Y/n sacrifices her life for her twin brother. As the Mist Hashira, Y/n sacrifices her life for humanity. But not anymore will Y...
55.1K 1.4K 193
Disclaimer : This is not my story. No plagiarism intended. The credit goes to original author. ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ The entire Yunzhou knew that the Ye Family h...
74.4K 1.9K 69
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...