Royally Trapped | ✓

By _meethi_

Making all the wrong choices they ever had, to end up being Royally Trapped. • • • ❛ Why are you acting this... More

❅| dedication
❅| prologue
❅| the mains
1 | new introductions
2 | fake pretences
3 | behave nicely
4 | soft greetings
5 | blow off
6 | dirty reality
7 | wrong choices
8 | drunken mistakes
9 | peck me
10 | dark hatred
11 | fake it
12 | marry me
13 | silly requests
14 | wedding jitters
16 | strong decisions
17 | social distancing
18 | for sale
19 | start afresh
20 | password exchange
21 | worst performance
22 | staking claim
23 | hot touches
24 | mistaken souls
25 | strong determinations
26 | does it matter
27 | whine, please
28 | paint me red
29 | grand escape
30 | move in
31 | hide & seek
32 | seal the deal
33 | hottest thing
34 | back home
35 | amidst the books
36 | let loose
37 | the fuck?
38 | i refuse
39 | blow out the candles
40 | approaching storm
41 | letting it all out
42 | first time
43 | facing our fears
44 | knocking sense
45 | clearing debates
epilogue

15 | d day

905 124 92
By _meethi_

chapter : 15
d day

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━
k a b i r
━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

She bolts out of my cabin as if her feet are on fire.

I have often heard how Noor is troubled by my other employees. In the start, I used to think it was because of her outspoken self, but slowly it just merged into something that the others enjoy by pulling her down. She had stopped paying attention to their snickering, she retorted back and moved on with her life.

Vidhi's remark had her fuming with anger, it portrayed that maybe she had never gotten over their snide comments. It wasn't her way of speaking but the way she stomped out tells me that she is more affected than normal.

"You have given her way too much leverage." Vidhi twirls her hair strands and walks closer to my desk. Putting her weight on it. She keeps commenting on how she doesn't like Noor, her habits and the way she talks.

I have always disliked how this woman has acted, behaving like she was entitled enough to put anyone else down. The only reason I have to keep up with her indecent behaviour is because her father was my father's friend. It was a favour I had granted but right now I regret it so much.

I have never liked anyone disrespecting my employees, I might not be their jolly boss but I also won't tolerate if you disregard them.

"You should throw her out, she isn't worth it. I can fill in for her."

Oh, but she is way more worthy than you can ever be.

"You should leave."

"But Kab—"

"First, I ain't your friend—never have been. I am your boss so treat me like that. Second, if I see you talking to her in this tone ever again, it would be your last working day. Don't forget she earned her position and you got it in charity. Now leave."

She is stunned.

But she does leave.

It's never been this way. I have always kept my calm and handled things cooly. Noor has always been an important staff member but the fact that she has my ring with her, a ring that establishes our impending relationship, my emotions might have surged.

Even though I know these thoughts are aimless and carry no importance, I cannot pass off wrong intentions to Noor. We can't complicate this contract.

We need to enter and get out of this muddled water carefully. I don't want her feelings to get involved, because I can never offer her anything else. Making her think that I care for her, or like her, will only complicate things. She deserves much more than this and well I don't think I can ever fall for her, we are very distinct individuals.

She can be my responsibility but she'll never be someone I give my heart to.

I can't give her my heart because I don't think I even own one.

━❅━

The steam envelopes my body, the hot water cascading from the overhead shower. The jet of water hits all the right spots on my shoulder, which are stiff with knots due to rising stress.

My hands push back my hair, gathering the rogue strands and gelling them together with water. I turn the tap, stopping the flow of water. Pulling a new towel placed on the rack, wiping my body and then tying it around my waist.

Showering helps me feel fresh and aids to quieten the squall rising and moving in my head and heart. I dry my body and wear a fresh pair of grey joggers, skipping my tee.

I head to my kitchen, my house help's on leave today so I start prepping for my dinner when the phone vibrates on the marble slab.

"Yes, Pa," I answer.

"Good evening, son. How are you?"

"Well. Is everything alright?"

"Yes yes. I just spoke to your in-laws. You and Noor are all set to get married tomorrow. We all will be reaching the registrar at noon, be on time."

The knife slips from my hand. "What? So soon?"

"Earlier the better. Their family priest told them that tomorrow is highly auspicious. I didn't refuse. I am happy that you are finally settling down. So let's make haste. Be on time."

"Okay. Goodnight." Irritation cracks my soul, things have already started being difficult.

My hunger dies. I pace to my comfort corner, the sky offering me a small bite of peace. I dial her number, not sure if she has been told about the marriage being preponed.

"Noor?" The call is answered but I don't hear any response from the other end. There's loud music blazing from her side.

"Hello?" I try again.

"Who's this?" It's not her voice. A male, a very drunk male has answered her call. He hisses out the words, slurs and slurps.

The hold on my phone tightens, and my fingers clench the metal.

"Where is Noor?" My tone is seething.

One day before our marriage, fake marriage, and she is with a guy? Didn't she agree to our no-affair clause?

Technically we aren't married, she is free to do anything with anyone. Maybe..maybe she already knows about the wedding and is having one last night out with her boyfriend..until our divorce.

Does she have a boyfriend?

No, she wouldn't have agreed to marry me if she already had a boyfriend.

But she can. Maybe, her boyfriend wasn't ready to commit so she found an alternative.

What if—

"Is this Kabir?" He emphasises on the letter 'R'. Making a sound resembling a bike whose engine has some grit and dirt stuck in it.

"Who the fuck are you? Where is Noor? Call her."

"Dude, calm down. I am taking good care of her."

There's a commotion on the other side, and a loud screech is heard. I can hear the man's voice low in the background, wincing in pain.

"Hello, sir?" Noor's back on the call. The music melts down her soft voice but I can still hear every word with precision.

"Noor. Who—Where are you?"

"Uh..I am at a club. Is everything alright?"

The hesitation is reflected in her wordings, she feels guilty and culpable. A gripping force weighs down my heart, no, my mind. I am against disloyalty, and I cannot forgive fickleness but what right do I actually have?

"Yeah. We are getting married tomorrow. That's it."

The loud noise tunes down, she hushes the people around, apologising and there's rustling on her end. The music dies on her side, She has probably come to a quieter place, away from the guy she was with.

"What? How? But so soon? We aren't ready." She is panicking.

"Breathe. It's okay. My grandfather just informed me. I assumed you knew."

"One second."

"Right. I have their missed calls. I didn't even notice those notifications."

"You were busy partying." I don't even realise how sly my comment sounds.

"Excuse me?"

"Baby, we need to leave. Your sister called Sana. They are trying to reach you." The same voice that had irked me enters the scene again.

"How are you coming back?" Carefully ignoring the question she had asked.

"We'll take a cab?" So now she isn't even hiding the fact that she is there with her boyfriend.

"I'll pick you up. Send me the address."

"But I am with—"

"I am coming to pick you up. You can ask him to leave." I disconnect the call, donning a tee shirt and grab my car keys.

━❅━

The club is located near our housing complex, given the fact that our office is built at the hub of official industries and businesses.

I park my car just outside the club and drop a message to Noor about my arrival. It takes her three minutes to come out, and she isn't alone. My car is standing near the periphery of the road, so I see Noor and Sana, one who is a close friend of hers from the office and a guy who is dressed in casual attire.

It's dark but the light from the neon lights outside the club enables my eyes to still scan her. She is wearing an olive top, one that dips deliciously on her cleavage, pairing it with black jeans. Her hair is let loose, something she rarely does. The curls tumble down reaching just below the middle of her back. She is talking to them, the guy smiles at her fondly.

My fingers tighten around the steering wheel unconsciously. Sana hugs her and leaves first. But the man stays, hugging Noor tightly. Whispering something in her ear, making her laugh.

It seems as if I am looking at something I shouldn't and yet averting my gaze seems difficult.

Once they have caught up on all the gossip, she starts walking towards my car. Finally, she remembers that I am not her chauffeur and she is making me wait.

"I am so sorry. Dheer was insisting to meet you and I knew you would be stressed with the marriage date getting preponed."

So that's his name.

"I didn't know my family already consulted our priest. After your call, I spoke to my father. They are going to be here tomorrow morning. We have to be there by twelve."

"I know."

"Prerna said that they will be staying for some hours only, so we don't have to worry about hosting them."

"Okay."

"They actually had a very important meeting scheduled but had to push it back for the marriage. They could have waited, you know. Why were they in such a hurry."

Guilt. Disgust. I feel tormented, I have no fucking right to dislike her having a boyfriend. I should have never taken her to my grandfather's party. We would be in a better place if not for the problems that started after the event.

I would be her boss and she would have remained a mere worker. We would never have to spend so much time outside work. I wouldn't have to propose to her. I wouldn't have developed a soft corner for her. I wouldn't fault her for having a boyfriend.

I gulp down my anger and focus on driving us back home. She fidgets with the thin strap of her blouse.

Her scent, teakwood, suffocates the entire car. I notice her teeth playing with her bottom lip, one that is painted the darkest shade of maroon, which hauntingly complements her honey skin.

Her chestnut-coloured hair looks darker against the moonlight.

"Are you that pissed about the wedding? It was going to happen sooner than later." She offers.

She thinks I am angry about the wedding, she couldn't be more off.

"Sir?"

"We are home."

I park the car in the assigned space, getting out of the enclosed chamber. The comforting wind gushes washing away the musty smell. I crane my neck admiring the moon that shines over the dark, the golden specks twinkling around its playground.

I circle the car, taking steps towards my housing wing. We live in long skyscrapers, there are three of them in our society.

I reach the end of my car when her soft hands clasp around my forearm, stopping me.

"Why are you behaving this way?" She catches up to where I am halted.

"We should go back home. It's late, we have an important event scheduled."

"Sir."

Anger bubbles in her eyes, her shoulders stiff. Even with her heels she only reaches my chin level. Her cheeks are puffed, orbs demanding an answer.

She needs to stop pestering me. She has to end this conversation and go back. My patience is hanging by a thread, ready to snap. One more taunt and question and I would combust.

"Okay, this is now getting on my nerves. You listen. I didn't go to them asking to get married early. I am as shocked as you are. Right. So you can be taken aback but why are you acting as if it is my fault? You were the one to put this idea of contract marriage forward, I didn't even think of marrying you. I am not dying to wed, you need to stop—"

I push her against the car, invading her personal sense. The sudden movement has her stupefied. There's an ocean residing in her pupils, deep and enchanting.

The breeze amuses her hair, a strand that I tuck so carefully. Baring her face to me. She is shocked and surprised but I am out of my mind.

"I told you, Noor. I loathe sharing something that is mine. And you are mine."

"Sir, what—"

"Kabir."

I know she calls me by name when she is with others, she has often let that information slip but I want to hear my name rolling off her tongue.

"S—"

"Kabir," I whisper against her earlobe. My stubble brushes her cheek. Common sense in me has jumped off a cliff. I am not thinking anymore. It's carnal and so fucking wrong.

"You are going to be my wife. You'll call me by my name. And if you don't..."

"What if I don't." She is breathless and yet so fucking annoying. So fucking infuriating. So fucking tempting.

My nose traces the column of her neck, the scent dazzling and captivating, alluring me. I pause at the small nook where her neck meets her collarbone. A slight lick, a small pause that has her trembling.

"I'll make sure you remember it."

━━━━━━━❅━━━━━━━

thank you!

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH I LOVE WRITING SUCH - TENSION - SCENES!

Hahah, what are your views on it?

do tell me!

NOTE: if you haven't read the edited and new versions of Chapter 1 and 2, please do so. Some important changes have been made. :)

share. vote. comment!
take care :))

royally yours,
meethi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 2.8K 24
A tale so magical yet cruel, that tangles two distant hearts together against their will; Still the doubts of their pasts are overshadowed by the sp...
49.8K 1.9K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
609K 34.2K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
329K 12.7K 26
"You still love her? What do you mean by that? you love her when you are the cause of her sorrow? you love her? don't forget the fact that you were...