Trolls: How (Not) To Babysit...

By Crystal_trolls_fan

With Branch and Poppy needing a break from their overwhelming duties, Branch's brothers all volunteer to baby... More

~Prologue~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Epilogue~

~Chapter 10~

190 8 8
By Crystal_trolls_fan

Dreamcloud looked at the brothers in shock, they got there in time, how could her plan have failed? all her thoughts rushed into her head at once as she realised she had lost, Crystal cooed happily seeing her uncles once again which snapped Dreamcloud out of her shock.

"What b-but how? I made sure to make the challenges were so tough that you would be sure to lose!" Dreamcloud said.

"Sure we may argue and don't always see things eye to eye a lot but in the end, nothing is more important to us than family" John Dory replied.

"No no no! This is all wrong you weren't supposed to win!" Dreamcloud shouted.

"But we did, now hand over our niece" Clay demanded.

Dreamcloud looked at Crystal who happily cooed, she felt conflicted, she lost, if she handed over Crystal she would lose the child she saw as her own, she didn't know what to do.

"Look they won fair and square hon let's just give Crystal back and-" Nightlight was interrupted.

"No" Dreamcloud replied coldly.

"What?" Nightlight was confused.

"I said I would do everything to keep Crystal safe and I will do anything to make sure she does" Dreamcloud explained.

"Please Dreamcloud, she belongs with her family, just let her go" Floyd pleaded.

"Nightlight hold Crystal and whatever happens keep her away from them" Dreamcloud handed Crystal over into his arms.

Nightlight just nodded and held Crystal close to him, he wasn't sure how he felt about this because he didn't want to go against his wife's request.

"We need to get Crystal home to her actual parents, give her back!" Bruce glared.

"You don't understand! Just go back to wherever you came from or else!" Dreamcloud's hands started to glow bright ready to attack.

"We're not going home until we get our niece back" John Dory said.

"Tough luck! You're not going to get her back!" Dreamcloud yelled.

"Watch me!" John Dory shouted.

He immediately ran to try to grab Crystal from Nightlight but he was stopped by some weird force and got knocked onto his butt.

"What the?!" John Dory looked up and saw Nightlight had made a force field while holding Crystal close to him.

Nightlight just gave him an apologetic look and wasn't planning on taking the force field down, the brothers rushed over to John Dory.

"Are you ok?" Clay asked.

"Don't worry about me, focus on getting back Crystal" John Dory said, getting up onto his feet.

"Good job Nightlight, just keep the force field up, i'm going on offence!" Dreamcloud started to fly and charged up the magic in her hands.

Bruce tried to hit the forcefield but it was too strong suddenly a glowing cloud ball shot from Dreamcloud's hands and luckily Floyd spotted it.

"Bro watch out!" Floyd moved Bruce out of the way.

"Since when could she do that?!" Clay exclaimed.

"You didn't think I only had teleportation magic did you?" Dreamcloud smirked as she prepared more of her magic.

As she shot more of her magic at the brothers they had to dodge quickly, running all over the place just to avoid getting hit, the brothers attempted to try and break the forcefield but Nightlight's magic was too strong.

"Ok, Clay and Floyd you guys try to break the forcefield, me and Bruce will keep her occupied" John Dory said.

Clay and Floyd nodded as they went over to the force field and tried pushing on it, meanwhile John Dory and Bruce needed to find a way to distract her, John got an idea and smirked as he began to sing.

"A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh"

Dreamcloud stopped throwing her magic for a second looking at him confused by the random singing he was doing.

"A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh"

Bruce looked at him with confusion as well, John Dory gave him a little nudge urging him to join in.

"A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh, , a-weema-weh" Bruce joined in.

Dreamcloud's eye twitched at the irritating singing they were doing and started to attack them again, John Dory and Bruce dodging her blasts as they kept singing.

"In the jungle the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight"

Bruce vocalised as his older brother sang the verse.

"In the jungle the quiet jungle the lion sleeps tonight"

Dreamcloud was just getting more upset and kept attacking more and more but they were too fast, she started to feel tired, but she couldn't give up, not now, she needed to put an end to this.

"Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh aweem away" Bruce sang loudly.

That was it, Dreamcloud formed a giant cloud ball and aimed it towards the singing brothers, they stopped singing seeing what was coming their way.

"WATCH OUT!" John Dory tackled Bruce as they fell out of the way barely missing the blast.

Clay and Floyd kept pushing the force field and it started to get smaller as Nightlight himself was trying to use all his magic to keep them away still holding Crystal as she tried reaching out to her uncles, they couldn't do this by themselves.

"John we need help!" Floyd shouted.

John Dory and Bruce rushed over and they all started to push on the forcefield, Nightlight felt exhausted as the forcefield started to flicker, his magic was starting to glitch and he didn't know how long he could keep the brothers back.

"Oh no y-you don't" Dreamcloud snapped her fingers to teleport the brothers, but it didn't work as she teleported a random book into her hands.

"N-no come on magic!" She snapped her fingers with the last of her magic she had left but that's when Crystal got teleported instead.

Crystal was now trapped on a narrow pathway in the distance and it looked unstable as there were cracks at the start of the path.

Nightlight stopped the forcefield as he realised Crystal was no longer in his arms and he was exhausted as he fell to his knees for a moment looking over to where Crystal got teleported to.

"N-no no no! Crystal!" Dreamcloud tiredly rushed over to where Crystal had been accidentally teleported.

The brothers quickly followed behind seeing their niece was in danger, if the path crumbled she would plummet to the bottom which was full of sharp pointy rocks, Dreamcloud wouldn't be able to fly to her or teleport her back to safety and neither could Nightlight.

Crystal started to cry as she was scared from the height of the path and being so far away from her family.

"C-crystal is ok just crawl to me" Dreamcloud reached her hands to her but Crystal kept crying.

"Hon it has to be the brothers" Nightlight said grabbing his wife's hand.

"But-" Dreamcloud tried to protest.

"Please it's for her safety" Nightlight explained, tears forming in his eyes.

Dreamcloud looked at Crystal and sighed nodding as she looked at the brothers.

"Save her" She muttered with tears in her eyes, feeling guilty for what she had done.

The brothers nodded and John stepped forward to try to get closer.

"Come on Crystal you just have to crawl over to us it's ok" John Dory tried giving her a reassuring smile.

Crystal's eyes were full of tears it was hard to see her uncles, she tried to crawl forward but the path started to crack which startled her, making her cry louder.

John Dory thought for a moment and he turned to Floyd.

"Floyd it has to be you" John Dory said.

"Me?" Floyd asked.

"I know she'll crawl over to you, please Floyd" John Dory pleaded.

Floyd nodded and looked at his precious niece, he needed to find a way to calm her down so she could safely get over to him before the rest of the path broke, what would work? his hair wasn't long enough to reach and his weight would crush the path.

"What do I do?" He asked himself.

He tried to think back to his past there was gotta be something that would help, what would be able to calm her down so she could safely crawl back to him? He needed to come up with an idea fast.

"What would grandma do?" He tried to think and that's when he remembered.

FLASHBACK

It was raining in the troll tree, it was late and soon it was nearly time for the Brozone brothers to be heading to bed, Grandma Rosiepuff went over with Branch safely snuggling in her arms.

"Boys it's bedtime now" Grandma Rosiepuff said.

"But Grandma we still need to rehearse for our show!" John Dory said.

"But we've been rehearsing for two hours John, I wanna go to bed" Clay complained.

"Maybe we should just wait until tomorrow?" Floyd suggested.

"I agree with Floyd, we'll be able to rehearse better when we're more rested" Spruce added.

"Nothing is going to stop us from rehearsing this, we need to nail it so we can hit the perfect family harmony one day" John Dory explained.

Suddenly there was a loud sound that made all the brothers jump.

BOOM

The thunder was so loud it woke up Branch as he started to sob, followed by Floyd who was also now sobbing, Clay and Spruce held each other terrified and John well he looked fine but deep down he was secretly terrified of the sound of the thunder too.

"W-why is t-the t-thunder s-so loud?" Floyd cried.

"Easy my sweet little angels come here, it's ok" Rosiepuff sat down on the couch and opened her free arm to hold her grandsons close.

They immediately went over to their grandmother snuggling with her on the couch, John Dory tried to reassure his other brothers as well rubbing their backs, Rosiepuff's main focus was easing the cries of the two youngest in the family.

"It's alright I got you, it's completely safe here in the pod" Rosiepuff said calmly.

"H-how do you know?" Clay asked.

Rosiepuff turned the lamp off next to her and smiled at her precious grandsons.

"Because I'm gonna keep you safe, right here in my arms" Rosiepuff said.

She opened her mouth and began to sing a soothing tune which helped the brothers calm down.

END OF FLASHBACK

(WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU CONTINUE READING :D)

"I got her" Floyd smiled.

"Oh thank trollness she's ok!" Bruce said.

"You can say that again" Clay agreed.

John Dory smiled, their niece was finally safe, she was with her family once again, Crystal smiled at giggled seeing all of her uncles around her and that's when the brothers heard footsteps as Dreamcloud and Nightlight went up to them.

"We are so sorry about putting Crystal in danger, we're glad she's alright" Nightlight said.

Dreamcloud feeling the most guilty rubbed her arm, feeling ashamed of everything that happened because of her poor decisions

"I need to apologise the most, I was so caught up with trying to be the perfect mom for Crystal that it only caused her to be in more danger, I just wanted to do everything right" Dreamcloud explained.

"That's the thing though, no parent or guardian is perfect" Floyd said.

"Huh?" Dreamcloud was confused.

"Yeah I have 13 kids, taking care of children is no easy task" Bruce chuckled a little knowing how difficult looking after kids was.

"And we made our own mistakes while trying to take care of Crystal today, looking after a magical baby while trying to help her parents do their royal duties was definitely something we couldn't handle on our own" Clay added.

"Everyone makes mistakes, but if you learn from them, then things do get easier" John Dory smiled.

Dreamcloud smiled and looked down at Crystal who was happily snuggling in her uncle's arms, as much as she wished Crystal could stay, she knew in her heart what the right choice was.

"I think you are the best uncles Crystal could ever ask for" Dreamcloud said.

"Really?" John Dory looked surprised.

"You did so much to make sure she was safe again after everything we threw at you, Crystal is lucky to have uncles as amazing as you" Nightlight smiled.

The brothers all smiled, maybe they weren't so bad at this babysitting thing after all, but one question still lingered in the brothers' minds.

"How are we going to get home? We still haven't found a portal yet" Clay asked.

Dreamcloud thought for a moment and that's when she realized she knew exactly how to get the brothers and their niece home.

"Well at the castle we have a portal room, that should be able to get you back to your world" Dreamcloud explained.

"It's gonna take a while though, we can't teleport back yet" Nightlight mentioned.

"That won't be a problem, Rhonda can get us back super quick" John Dory smiled as he petted Rhonda.

They all went inside Rhonda and John Dory took the wheel as they started heading back down the mountain, making their way back to the castle so the brothers and their niece could finally go back home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

697 16 2
"Nobody knew it yet, but the lives of innocent trolls were about to be changed forever... Especially for five young trollings whose world would get t...
10.8K 204 35
In this fanfiction Branch and Poppy are Hard Rock trolls living under Queen Barb's rule. The other Rock trolls see them rock out,have fun and work bu...
16.5K 389 32
no nsfw !! suggestive, but never in detail. just fluff and hopefully in character interactions between one of my fav ships :3 everything here mostly...
34.1K 939 33
A oneshot collection featuring stories about BroZone - Branch, Poppy, Viva, John Dory, Bruce, Clay, and Floyd - taking place before and after Trolls...