๐…๐‘๐Ž๐Œ ๐€ ๐–๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐

By SAHB4RBII

โSEEMS LIKE YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND AND IT'S SHOWING. SEEMS LIKE YOU CAN'T DENY THE ๐˜Œ๐˜”๐˜–๐˜›๐˜๐˜–๐˜•๐˜š FROM ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ž... More

|๐…๐‘๐Ž๐Œ ๐€ ๐–๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐|
โ”ˆโžค 002 | white flag
โ”ˆโžค 003 | what are we playing?
โ”ˆโžค 004 | my turn
โ”ˆโžค 005 | n 2 deep
โ”ˆโžค 006 | declared war
โ”ˆโžค 007 | apologies
โ”ˆโžค 008 | almost there
โ”ˆโžค 009 | game over

โ”ˆโžค 001 | hello?

4.1K 259 149
By SAHB4RBII

#𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐒 𝐂.
- santa rosa beach, florida
    ⭑

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 her college dorm. The 3 story mansion was far from anything Genesis Carter had ever been within 20 feet of in general actually.

She could not believe this is where her sister lived now when it felt like just yesterday, they were spending spring break at her sister's old condo getting everything together for her wedding.

"Don't drool, bitch." Genesis heard from beside her, voice belonging to said older sister, Dymond.

"Bitch we really made it!" Genesis squealed, ignoring everything Dymond was talking about.

She felt a hand hit the bare skin under the sleeve of her over sized tee shirt and snapped her eyes over to where Dymond was standing with one of her suitcases in hand.

"I made it. You here for 3 months, boo."

"What's yours is always mine, boo." Genesis corrected smartly, returning the pop to Dymond's exposed shoulder.

Dymond rolled her eyes and Genesis laughed but they both knew the statement was true and had been that way their whole lives.

At 34 Dymond was 13 years older than Genesis. With such a large age gap and such a busy mother Dymond took on the role of a second parent for Genesis.

Since she was in high school and Genesis was nothing but a toddler, Dymond worked her ass off and spent most of her paychecks on Genesis every time.

If it was Dymond's she would always make it Genesis's too. Even to this day when Genesis stood at 21 years old.

"Damn shawt'. How much it cost you to take all these bags?" Marquez, Dymond's husband, huffed from back at the trunk of the vehicle.

"Wayy too much." Genesis sighed, grabbing the two suitcases he had just placed on the sandstone driveway.

This was Marquez's home. Well - his father's that he inherited after his death two years ago.

Genesis had known Marquez the entirety of his 3 year relationship with her sister, but only on a cordial level. They could hold a good conversation when they saw each other but spending the entirety of her summer break in the same home as him was going to take some adapting.

It was nothing wrong with Marquez to be honest. But Genesis had grown up with it being just her and Dymond most of the time. Now it was going to be her, Dymond, Marquez,

And she almost forgot-

"I'm late to the welcome party?" A second masculine voice emerged coming from the other side of the truck.

Another man who she knew appeared, jogging around the vehicle and immediately catching all of Genesis's attention as soon as he was in her vision. 

Gosh. 

Though it was going on 5 pm and the weather was starting to cool down, his face dripped in sweat from what she could see beyond the black and multicolored locs hanging in his face.

But the sweat did nothing but amplify his attractiveness if anything.

Two features of his stuck out to her. His small and soft dark brown eyes, and the large thick lips surrounding his mouth.

Noticing that his attention was already on her she watched how his smile grew till his diamond encrusted teeth were on display, making him way finer than he needed to be.

"Oh, Genie, you remember Kiari!" Dymond smiled with him. "And Kiari you know this is Genie."

Yes, as she knew this was Kiari. Marquez's younger brother that would also be spending some of the summer at the house with her.

Oh she will be adapting quite well.

Just like her, Kiari was out of university for vacation. But he didn't have to be here. Apparently he had a place in whatever state he was in school at but he wanted to spend time at the family house for a minute anyway.

He played college basketball, but that's about all she knew about him. She possibly wasn't listening when Dymond was telling her all their business, or she was too caught up staring at him to recall anything she might have heard.

She met him at the wedding but it was really a brief introduction once and the slightest of small talk but that was it.

He was wearing a grey muscle shirt that left both the completed tattoo sleeves on his arms out for view, and gym shorts with compression pants beneath. Now that she knew he was the basketball player it made sense why he looked like he had just come from a marathon run.

It was honestly likely that he did.

"Genesis." She corrected sending him a smile back, but not as wide as him just to keep it alluring as she was taught to.

"Now you in the party grab a bag, nigga." Marquez joked tossing her carry on bag into the chest of Kiari.

Kiari grabbed it as he laughed and by the time Genesis realized that she was still standing there staring at him for no reason, Kiari was starting towards her.

In just two steps he was in front of her, looking down on her with his stupid basketball player height.

"Nice to meet you again, Genesis." He laughed, slyly slipping both the suitcase handles out her grasp and replacing them with the duffel. "I got these."

Gosh again.

Keeping herself cool, she batted her eyelashes softly before turning away from him acting barely impressed. "Thank you."

As if he hadn't started an irregular beat in her heart.

She took a second, medium sized, duffle from the trunk and followed Dymond to where she was leading back to the house's giant main stairway that went all the way up to the second story instead the ground level.

"I'm out of breath looking at these." Genesis complained already. She wondered why she even thought to grab two cases as scrawny as she was.

"And you're stupid ass grabbing them heavy ass suitcases." Dymond uttered, thinking the same thing as her sister clearly.

"I didn't want Quez taking all my bags, bitch. He's not a bellman." Genesis replies beginning to start the climb up the beige brick steps, Dymond doing the same but somehow not struggling with the large luggage at all.

"He's a man." Was all Dymond retorted to Genesis's statement making the younger giggle.

This was by far the worst part of choosing to live on campus. Having to pack all your belongings up and move them out for the summer.

And this wasn't even all her stuff. Some is back in Miami sitting in a very expensive storage unit.

Thankfully, Genesis would be a senior when the fall semester started again and will hopefully be approved for her own apartment by then. 

Don't get her wrong, she loved the University of Miami campus and its people, but she was definitely over having it in her face all the time and ready to have her own permanent space.

After getting up the stairs Dymond opened the glass door to the home and Genesis was hit with the most beautiful smell she ever came across.

The smell of rich with a hint of incense burning.

"I have to get me a rich husband." She sighed loudly.

Her current occupation at home was definitely not gonna get her into a home like this.

"Marquez is not rich." Dymond laughed. "Just well off."

"If this just well off then I don't want to know what you call poor little me." Genesis shook her head looking around the pretty living room that was just beyond the foyer.

The back wall was also covered in windows exposing the beautiful view of backyard space and the literal private beach behind the house.

"And I need to get my ass out there as soon as possible." Genesis pointed her finger out that way.

"Let's go then. You the one stopping to smell the roses every two seconds." Dymond teased, starting to walk to the left.

How could Genesis do anything but that? The inside was just as amazing. The walls were the same deep tan color as the outside, and all the nice furniture was cream and gold with brown accent pieces.

Even the sitting room was on a lower platform than everything, it took two steps to get down to it. That was definitely a rich person feature.

Genesis turned following her sister on the marble flooring into a hallway.

"I just knew to give your lazy ass the guest room down here." Dymond joked as they walked.

"Long as I'm within easy reach of the kitchen and that beach." Genesis agreed eagerly, paying no mind to the fake insult.

The first door in the hallway was already open for them to turn inside. Genesis looked around at the room feeling satisfied with where she would be staying for the time being.

As a guest room she didn't expect it to be decorated much, which it wasn't really. It was grey and white themed and with a bed, night stands with lamps on them, and a big dresser with a connected mirror. A white fluffy rug was on the floor and a basic decorative painting hung over the bed too but that was about it.

That left a blank canvas for her to decorate herself, of course.

"There's a black one, and a red one, upstairs if you want those?" Dymond looked at her sister's expression which wasn't as awed as the rest of the house.

"No I like this one." Genesis quickly refused dropping her bags to the floor. "Thank you, my love." She smiled throwing her sister into a big hug.

"Get off me, yo!" Dymond laughed trying to pry herself out the tight hug.

"I can never be nice to you." Genesis pretended to pout, releasing Dymond to walk around the room more.

"You can never not play too much. Do you want your stuff hung up, or in the drawers?"

"Drawers." Genesis answered without a thought. "Now, I really have to use the bathroom."

She'd been holding it majority of her hour flight and the 35 minute drive from the airport back to the home. It could not wait a second longer.

"Next door in the hallway. It will be on the right." Dymond instructed turning to open one of the empty dresser drawers.

Genesis nodded going back to the door and dramatically running out and down the hall farther. As her sister said there was another door in the hall and she was too focused on handling her business to care about the last door at the end.

Quickly pulling down the mini shorts she was wearing under her tee shirt, she sat on the toilet and relieved her bladder. After she finished and wiped she raised to her feet and flushed before moving to the sink to wash her hands.

As she turned the water off Genesis heard the sound of a door opening but paid it no mind, grabbing one of the folded towels on the counter for her hands and hoping they weren't supposed to be for decoration only.

When her hands were dry she went to the door and opened it, walking out.

Or she would've walked out, but there was a tall slim figure blocking the exit as they stood at the threshold with their hand out like they planned to open it too.

Genesis immediately flinched in surprise but the person in front of her isn't fazed one bit despite the fact they shouldn't have planned to see her either.

It takes a heart beat for the shock fade allowing her to focus on exactly who's in her face. And that ironically brought the question of who the hell is in her face?

It's a man - maybe still a boy - she can't tell between the innocence of his face and the many tattoos littering his completely bare torso and neck.

And damn. Whoever he was, he was also very handsome to put it appropriately.

Genesis takes a moment to drink in his appearance with a slow glance, starting from the free forms crumpled to the side of his head like he'd just been laying on them, down to his forehead where three deep scars laid, and all the way to his soft looking lips stuck in a permanent pout due to his obvious underbite.

When her eyes came back to his, her body only got suddenly hot when she registers just how close their bodies were. He was barely 3 inches from her.

"Sorry." She found herself apologizing first, since they'd been staring at each other in silence for 2 seconds too long.

The man doesn't respond, only looking at her like she's the most boring thing on earth before cocking his head to the side, almost in confusion? The action reminded her of a dog to be completely honest.

He takes her in this time and Genesis stays completely still watching his eyes jump from place to place all over her face and body.

The woman felt oddly as if she was being judgmentally scrutinized rather than him just trying to get a good look.

Now she was regretting her choice of an airport outfit and the thick framed glasses she realized were still sitting on her nose.

"Genesis." She chirped her name, since he seemingly had no plans of getting out her way any time soon and she wanted him to stop looking all over her the way he was.

His eyes flick back to hers but still, no reply. Not even much as a fake smile. His head just tilted further to the side at the sound of her voice.

okay tough crowd.

Genesis didn't even know why she was even the one trying to talk to this statue of a man. What the hell happened to her just being able to keep it cool and enticing?

Turning that back on immediately, Genesis chose to stop trying with this conversation and attempt to slip past him. Even if he was taking up half the door way, it would be more intriguing if she was to brush against him a bit anyway.

That was something else she'd learned.

But at her attempt to step aside, he stepped forward too, closing in on her even more than before.

oh?

Genesis looks back at him with a glare for his complete lack of the term personal space.

She wanted to step back but why would she give him the satisfaction of making her move? Especially when he was looking down on her as if she was nothing but prey, and she was nothing of the sort.

"Hello to you too?" She held eye contact with him, pretending not to hear her rapid heartbeat in her ears.

But the high bpm wasn't fear at all.

With their new proximity, she could feel the wind on her cheeks every time he exhaled. It also felt like he'd just grown another inch the way he was towering so easily over her 5'5 figure.

New details about him were catching her attention too. Like how his skin was clear of acne but vertical and horizontal scars covered his face, and the hint of a beard growing at his chin, the swollenness of his cheeks like he just woke up, the black diamond tennis chain around his neck, the-

His attention moved down to her mouth and it dawned that at some point, her lips had slightly parted which made her immediately pick up her jaw and snap it shut.

Clearly unfazed by her correction, he glances over with an intrigued look and an inked hand rises from his side. The stranger gently grabs at her hair, somehow separating a piece of her natural hair from the tape in extension despite them being blended very well.

Genesis stares in confusion as he takes the jet black locks in his fingers and brings them all the way up to his nose and inhales sharply. Multiple times.

He was sniffing her fucking hair. In her damn face. And he was able to get some real good wiffs of it because she was stuck staring at him in complete distaste for a moment.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" She raised her voice a bit, snatching her hair away from him and smoothing it back down.

Something in his face finally breaks from the blankness but she's not too sure that it's any better. His eyes harden with fire and his eyebrows knit together like she'd just slapped him.

She was scared for what a man who doesn't speak and sniffs random people's hair might do when he's pissed off but she thankfully doesn't get the chance to find out.

"Kreed!" A voice yells from somewhere in the hall.

It's Marquez who clearly wasn't as far as he sounded in her ear because he was quickly in her view taking this now angry mystery man by the shoulder and pulling him out her face.

Though the other man is taller by an inch or two, Marquez is clearly stronger and causes him to stumble with the force of the pull. But this does not take his gaze from Genesis's face at any point.

Not even when Marquez begins to scold him," The fuck I tell you, dude?"

He speaks with an authority that almost makes Genesis think he has a son Dymond didn't tell her about, but that seemed like a big stretch.

Maybe Kiari just had a very interesting friend over. If so, she'd have to talk to him about the company he kept...

The boy who she now identifies as "Kreed", changes his glare from her onto Marquez with a swift head motion.

Genesis didn't even feel how heavy the stare was till it was being directed onto someone else and the air suddenly got easier to breathe.

Kreed shrugs his shoulder out of the older's grasp and turns to go into the bathroom as he planned before.

Genesis made it to move out his way but he still made sure to bump into her with the opposite shoulder Marquez had grabbed with enough force to knock her into the wall behind her.

"Bitch." Genesis huffed just as he slammed the door shut.

She took him loudly locking the door after that as the response.

"I'm sorry bout that nigga," Marquez apologized looking at the door behind her. "You straight? He did anything crazy?" he then asked with true panic, which actually concerned her more than the encounter with the friend.

"I'm fine." Genesis answered truthfully loosely hugging her arms around herself. "Is that Kiari's friend?"

Marquez laughs shaking his head. "Nah, that's my baby brother. The 19 year old."

Genesis knits her brows together at the statement. But Kiari was his baby brother? And Dymond said her and Kiari were the same age.

"You have another brother here?" She questions looking back at the door where the sounds of pee hitting the toilet water began.

This makes Marquez give her the confused face. "Yea. Whatchu mean? You ain't know he live here too?"

lives?

here?

It was no way Dymond lives with that creature! And it was no way Dymond didn't tell her she would have to be living here with him too!

"Um no. I actually didn't." Genesis turned on her heels to go back and possibly tackle her sister to the ground.

Marquez followed suit, following pace at his side. "You ain't gone have to worry bout him no more. I'm gone take care of it." He comforted.

"What is his problem? And why does he have one with me." Genesis mumbled, trying hard to hide the fact she was bothered by his clear disdain for her. 

She'd never been blatantly ignored by anyone like that in her life. She was close to telling herself he might just be deaf till his reaction to her yelling at him.

"The nigga is just..." Marquez trailed off as if being careful to find the right words. "Kreed."

Kreed is just Kreed. Helpful information.

"Just try to stay away from em. Even if he approach you, just walk away." Marquez warns.

Genesis stops in her tracks right as they reach the still open room door. All the warnings Marquez was giving her, his concern, the way he acted like the boy was some dangerous animal that needed to be on a leash, how unsurprised he seemed by this whole encounter...

"Is he like a psychopath or something?" She hisses quietly.

She asked it half seriously, but Marquez actually paused like he needed to consider his answer.

hell no.

"Honestly, I'll gladly go stay with my mother." Genesis stormed into the room, catching the attention of Dymond as she was already starting to put stuff in the drawers for her.

The suit case Dymond had brought in was opened on the bed, and the two Kiari had took from her were sitting by the closet but he was no where to be found.

Giving her a concerned look, Dymond looked between the two of them. "Go with mami? What happened?"

"The brother you didn't tell me about happened, Dymond!" Genesis fumed.

Dymond's eyes darted to Marquez as they widened. "I thought Kreed was sleep?" She whispered at him, as if Genesis wasn't the one closest to her.

"No. He is awake and just pushed me into the damn wall." Genesis responded for her. "Why wouldn't you tell me someone else would be here!"

Dymond dropped the folded shirt she was holding into the drawer and turned to her sister making an "oops" face like this was a silly mistake.

"I was supposed to introduce you two later at dinner after you were all settled and comfortable!" Dymond defended, clearly avoiding her question. "Well, have Kiari do it."

this bitch.

"Why you ain't tell her off the rip, Dymond?" Marquez asked again, tone serious like it was when he spoke to Kreed.

Good. Get her ass.

"Because I knew she wouldn't come if I told her." Dymond frowned.

"Knowing Kreed ass that would've been a good call to make if she could, don't you think?" Marquez retorted smartly.

Genesis interjected with a nod."I agree. It would be very smart of me to choose not to come spend the summer with-" she cut herself off from calling the man the things she really wanted to in front of his brother. "A strange, stranger."

That was the nicest she could do but still she added, "No offense."

"But sister, you know how much I love spending your breaks with you." Dymond pouted at Genesis.

Genesis rolled her eyes. When Dymond did something she would always start calling Genesis "sister", as if Genesis had somehow forgotten who they were to each other.

"Please with the sister games." Genesis shook her head walking up to the bed and flopping down beside the suitcase.

The sound of another door slamming made all their heads look into the direction of the hallway. Marquez peaked out the door before looking back at the women.

"Imma go talk to em." He mumbled, going towards the sound.

Now Genesis knows what's behind the third door in the hallway. 

"I'm gonna go too." Dymond announced with her attention still fixed to the door way.

"What- No you are not, Dymond!" Genesis fussed rising to her feet.

"Genie, I promise I was going to tell you about him." Dymond sighed. "But I really have to go see."

Genesis rolled her eyes as Dymond speed walked behind her husband and down the hall.

It was unclear if Dymond's concern lied with her husband possibly being mad at her, or the boy, but either way it hurt that Dymond chose to put that over her own sister.

That was nothing like Dymond. Marriage might really change people.

Genesis huffed and just seconds later like he had been waiting there for a cue, Kiari popped up once again.

"Heard you met, Kree." He spoke, placing both his hands on either sides of the door frame.

Genesis couldn't help but grimace at the silly smile still tugging at the corners of his lips though he was clearly trying to hide it.

"It's not funny." She scolded giving one more glare and going back to finish what Dymond had started.

"Of course not." He assured before still chuckling softly. "I'm just laughin at him. Nigga still act like he never met people before."

"So this is him normally?" Genesis inquired keeping her eyes down on her clothes.

She thought she was crazy the way everyone was acting like this was a normal Tuesday.

"What he do?" Kiari asked back, stepping further in the room and dropping his arms.

"He caught me coming out the bathroom when he was about to go in." Genesis began to explain looking up to him.

"And when I tried to make conversation, instead of speaking back he grabbed my hair and sniffed it." She went on, observing Kiari's face for some shock that didn't come.

"Then I asked what the fuck was wrong with him and he looked at me like he might've killed me. Quez grabbed him before he could but that didn't stop him from knocking into me as hard as he could when he walked past. And that's what you missed this time."

Now that she was done, Kiari looked like he was calculating in his head, before nodding slightly. "Yea. Regular day fa Kreed."

"Get out!" Genesis fussed at his unserious ass which only made him laugh once again.

"I'm serious!" Kiari denied. "That's just how he is."

"I wish you all knew how useless of an explanation saying that's 'just him' is." Genesis mumbled to herself grabbing her makeup kit out of her stuff.

After seeing Dymond walk out on her she couldn't even care less about Kreed or what he had going on anymore. She surely wasn't going to spend her vacation dwelling about that small ass run in or pass up the opportunity to stay in a beach mansion for him either.

She's had a great share of aggressive encounters with men, and even more men hating her guts for stupid reasons. Kreed was just going to join the club.

"I don't even care how he is. Because I won't be trying to get near him to find out." She informed, not caring if she sounded rude.

"That's good." She heard Kiari utter as she put the bag on top of the dresser. "You wouldn't get far if you tried."

"The fuck does that mean?" Genesis whipped around to mug him.

Genesis sees him go serious for the first time since she's met him, softly rubbing down his well grown mustache and beard.

"It's not you. But Kreed don't talk... to anyone. And he don't like people, not even beautiful girls." He informs with a quiet voice not failing to throw a little flirt in the mix too.

"So if you stayin', just best to stay out his way cause he'll fasho stay out of yours."

With that he smiled one more time to lighten the room before also taking his turn to leave.

Genesis blew a loud breath out her nose turning to herself in the mirror.

Her, Dymond, Marquez, Kiari, and their weird ass brother

She could bare that.

hey.... how yall doin...

LOL. i fr was done for good cause i could not write for shit until i came across this trope and was like... i need to write about this with kentrell ASAP. then i started constructing this story and the writing was coming so naturally?

i finished this chapter in like 2 days and i haven't written a chapter that fast since 'his obsession' so i'm excited

but still don't get too attached to this book, yall know how i am with new stories lol. i just really published this one part to see how people felt about the plot and whether or not i should try to do this full out.

so let me know, leave yall feedback lmk how we're feeling the vibes, the characters, where we think this will go etc and i'll keep writing a few chapters and POSSIBLY start consistently keeping up with this.

ok i appreciate ya, byee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

433K 10.8K 55
' ๐š‹๐š•๐šž๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š– - ๐™น๐š‘๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽฬ ๐™ฐ๐š’๐š”๐š˜ .
23.8K 1K 27
Lแด‡ssแดษด Lแด‡แด€ส€ษดแด‡แด…. Dแดษด'แด› ษขแด‡แด› สœษชษขสœ แดกษชแด›สœ สแดแดœส€ ส™แด‡sแด› า“ส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…. Yแดแดœ แดษชษขสœแด› แด‡ษดแด… แดœแด˜ แดกษชแด›สœ แดแดส€แด‡ แด›สœแด€ษด แดŠแดœsแด› แด€ ส™สŸแดœษดแด› ษชษด สแดแดœส€ แดแดแดœแด›สœ. [Rแด€ษดแด…แดแด Uแด˜แด…แด€แด›แด‡s]
1.3M 77.8K 47
๐Ž๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐›๐ž๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐ƒ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐œ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ๐š๐ฅ๐ฌ..
210K 9.9K 43
๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘‘๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘Ž ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘–๐‘ง๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘‘๐‘œ ๐‘Ž๐‘“๐‘“๐‘’๐‘๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข, ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๏ฟฝ...