Partners in Crime [Bbangsaz]

De Amariaaw

Hanni, a warm-hearted sniper with deadly accurate aim. Her path crosses with Minji and soon both their lives... Mai multe

For The Reader!
Third Verse
You Stole My Kill
I'm Not Interested In Her
She's With Me
Bodyguard Marsh
We Had A Deal
It's Never Going To Work
Miss Park's Request
Change Of Plans
A Mistake
Her Name
Lies And Broken Promises
Bad Weather
Parted Ways
Storm On The Rise
The First Rays Of The Sun
Mess Of Events
Cat In Disguise

Broken Trust

814 53 32
De Amariaaw

Minji held the wine glass in her hand, staring at the person in front of her. The wine she had thrown on Lisa was slowly dripping from the glass, staining the floor with red dots. Her mind was foggy and she could barely recognize the person she used to call a close friend. 

Lisa shook off the wine on her.

"Minji... Whatever this is about..!" she began.

"I know about Hanni," Minji snarled and tightened her grip on the glass.  

"Hanni was a traitor! What else is there to know?!" Lisa snapped, her words full of anger.

Minji slammed the glass on the counter so hard that Lisa flinched.

"A traitor?" She let out a laughter, running her fingers through her hair, "So, you still think that I don't know what you've been up to?" Minji narrowed her eyes at the brunette, "That I don't know about your little meetings with the CEO?"

Right then, Lisa's expression turned around. Her eyes were full of dismay and she took a step back, stumbling away from Minji.

Minji stepped closer, "Is there something else you've leaked other than my address, hm? My whereabouts? My condition? Or my name?" She kept going, approaching Lisa like a thunderstorm. Her voice was sweet like roses but every inch of her was tensed, shaking from fury.

There was a flash of uncertainty in Lisa's eyes, "You– but how..."

"Did you think that I wouldn't find out?" Minji hissed, "That it didn't raise questions when you suddenly insisted on selling my house and moving away? And just how convenient it was that you happened to have the money for this apartment."

Minji forced Lisa to back off another step until the brunette was practically glued against the wall. Shock was written all over Lisa's face as Minji leaned closer, with a devilish look on her face.

"What did you do? Work for that bitch? Or did you sell my information to her?" 

"W-wait, I-I can explain," Lisa stuttered, hastily.

"Hah!" Minji scoffed, enraged, "Very well then, explain!" She smiled, sarcastically. "Explain why you've been seeing her behind my back, explain why you lied about the footage and pretended not to know about anything that was going on. Oh and explain why you lied about Hanni and threatened her!" She clenched her hands into fists, feeling a sudden burst of anger, "How could you do that to her!? HOW!?! EXPLAIN!!" Minji yelled. 

The apartment fell silent. The words she had yelled out circled in her head and she breathed heavily, trying to calm down her rage. She waited for an answer but there were none.

Lisa was silent, looking confused and shocked at the same time. Then her expression changed visibly. Resentment was all over her face.

"Of course this is about her," she sighed before slowly pushing herself up and walking past Minji, "All this, because of her..," she muttered, sounding amused.

Minji stood still, taken aback by Lisa's sudden change of attitude. She turned around. Lisa had walked back to the counter and was now holding the wine bottle, pouring the red liquid into the glass. She drank it with one shot. 

Minji didn't move. Something about the atmosphere made her feel uneasy. 

"So you met her, didn't you?" Lisa placed the glass on the counter, looking at the living room windows. She seemed uninterested and her posture was relaxed but Minji could tell something was wrong. 

"I should have guessed it. She just doesn't learn, does she?" The brunette scoffed, turning her look away, irritated. "I can't believe this."

Minji could only stare, an outraged expression on her face. She couldn't believe a word Lisa was saying.

"Are you even hearing yourself right now? You threatened her yet you still blame everything on her!" 

"And for a good damn reason!" Lisa snapped turning her furious gaze on Minji, "And I told you to fucking stay away from her!" She grabbed the glass and smashed it hard on the floor.

Minji gasped, startled of the sudden act. The shards of the glass spread all over the floor, making a shattering sound. She stood still, staring at her friend, "You don't get to tell me what to do," she growled, her voice shaking, "You have no right to meddle in OUR relationship!"

"Oh please! What relationship?!" Lisa swung her hand in the air, "Open up your damn eyes, Minji! When will you stop acting like a reckless kid and grow up!"

"Grow up!?" Minji cried out, so blinded by the anger that she could feel tears in her eyes. "You've been fucking lying to my face, blaming everything on her and you tell ME to grow up?!"

"TO PROTECT YOU!!" Suddenly, Lisa slammed her hand on the counter, "Don't you understand?! I did this for you!! She's bad for you!"

"How!? How is this protecting me?!" Minji yelled, "Lying and scheming behind my back?! For two months I thought that Hanni betrayed me, played with my feelings and all this time you hid the truth from me!" 

"Because you're so irresponsible!" Lisa exclaimed, piercing Minji with her furious gaze. "You never listen to me! You don't even understand what you've got yourself into, you just do shit recklessly without even thinking how it will affect the people around you!! And even now you choose to defend that, that sniper who you've known for what? Three months?! She's just a wolf in sheep's clothing!!" 

Anger and bitterness filled Minji and with a few quick steps, she got past the shards and stopped right in front of Lisa. Her body was shaking from all the mixed feelings, "You don't even know her," she hissed, staring right into the brunette's cold eyes. 

"Know her?" Lisa scoffed, her nose curled up in disgust, "She's just like the others or have you forgotten what happened with the last lover of yours? Who was the one who saved you from losing everything?? Who?!"

Minji gritted her teeth from the sudden, painful memory, "Hanni is nothing like her!" She exclaimed in anger.

"Oh for God's sake stop talking about her! I can't believe this! All the shit I had to go through to get rid of her and you go and get her back into your life because of your silly feelings you think you have for her!" She took a step forward, shaking from anger, "I should have just killed her at the house!!"

Minji gasped. 

Immediately Lisa froze in realization. 

"Minji–"

"Get out," Minji turned her back to Lisa. 

"Minji, I-I didn't mean to–!"

"I said. GET. OUT!" Minji spun around, bellowing the words, "GET OUT YOU TRAITOR!!" 

Lisa's body was shaking as she stood still, breathing heavily. It was hard to interpret her expression, she just stared, her mouth half open, as if she didn't understand a word Minji had said. 

Then she shook her head.

"You really are an idiot," she closed her eyes, massaging her forehead, "I get it. You chose your side," she turned around, grabbed her stuff and walked to the door.

"Good luck."

"Lis..." 

The door was slammed. 

Once again it was quiet in the apartment. Minji stared at the slammed door through which her friend had walked out. She stared and stared, but the door just wouldn't open. Lisa had really left. She left. 

A weak cry escaped from Minji's lips. She could feel the tears starting to roll down her cheeks, more and more until her vision was blurred and she slumped on the floor. She kept crying silently, not knowing how to feel. 

Lisa had completely torn her apart.

***

It was past midnight as Hanni stood in front of an unfamiliar door. She checked her phone one more time to make sure the address was right. She had arrived at a fancy apartment building in the middle of Seoul's heart, the place where Minji had asked her to come. 

Hanni knocked on the door and pressed the door handle. It was open, just like Minji had said. Quietly, Hanni stepped inside and closed the door behind her. 

The apartment was dark. None of the lights were on and the only thing lighting up the room was the huge windows on the opposite side. The city's lights were shining through them and very quickly, Hanni's attention was drawn on the floor. There was something shining in the light.

She proceeded to the apartment, looking around carefully. 

"Minji?" 

It was silent, but Hanni could detect movement near the windows. She was about to step forward but froze as her gaze yet again fell on the floor. Finally she began to realize the condition of the apartment: Shards of a glass were covering the floor and there were red liquid all around. Some furniture had fallen and a lonely wine bottle lied on a kitchen counter.

A cold shiver ran through Hanni's body as she avoided stepping on the glass. Had Minji been drinking?

She approached the windows and stopped before the sofa. Minji was sitting on it, her back towards Hanni. The woman didn't turn, she barely moved. 

"You were right," a weak whisper broke the silence. Minji was still looking out of the windows.

"You were right about her and I..." her voice broke and Hanni saw how she buried her face in her hands.

"Minji..." Hanni felt and overwhelming sadness piercing through her. She could hear the desperation and fear in the woman's voice.

Slowly, she took a step closer and sat on the sofa, next to Minji. She reached her hand but before she could do anything, Minji turned around.

Hanni had to hold back her gasp when she saw the tears and Minji's broken gaze. Immediately, she felt her own tears forming and she dashed forward, hugging Minji tightly. Minji gripped on her shirt firmly, covering her face in Hanni's neck. She cried, letting out her emotions.

"H-how could she..?" She hiced, "I trusted her...I trusted her more than anyone."

Hanni held Minji in her arms, not daring to let go. She could feel her own tears falling. Minji's sadness was overwhelming.

"She's everything I have... Everything..."

***

Hanni sat on a bed, looking at the person laying next to her. Minji was sleeping peacefully, her chest rising and closing slowly. It was early in the morning, but Hanni couldn't sleep anymore. The previous night had been an emotional roller coaster and she felt overwhelmed by all the feelings she had gone through. But moreover she was worried about Minji. She couldn't even imagine the pain she must have been feeling. 

Carefully, Hanni took the blanket that had fallen and covered Minji. The woman was breathing calmly and Hanni could only sigh as the morning light painted her face. She looked beautiful as ever and so vulnerable.

Hanni caressed her cheek gently before getting up from the bed and walking out of the room.

She was heading to the kitchen area but suddenly she held her steps. There was a muted sound of vibration coming from near the windows. She furrowed her brows, wasn't that the place where she had left her phone last night?

As she reached the sofas, her gaze fell on her phone that's screen was shining brightly. An unknown number was calling her. Slowly, she picked up the phone and pressed the green button.

"Pham, good, you're awake" she heard her boss' familiar voice.

"Good morning Miss," Hanni spoke quietly, not wanting to wake Minji up. She turned towards the windows, holding the phone on her ear.

"I know it's your free week but something came up. It's urgent."

There was something in Miss Park's voice that made Hanni feel uneasy. She glanced towards the bedroom to make sure no one was listening.

"I want you at the headquarters," there was a pause,"immediately."

***

Hanni followed the younger Miss Kim down a long corridor. It was seven in the morning and the headquarters were pretty much empty.

Hanni had arrived quickly thanks to the location of Minji's apartment. Miss Park had sounded anything but happy and being late was the last thing Hanni wanted. She was already nervous by the sudden call. She didn't have a good feeling about it. 

Miss Kim was leading her to a complete different direction from the glassy office. Hanni had never been in this section of the headquarters and she could only follow her boss' personal assistant. Soon, the brunette stopped before a meeting room door.

"This way," she opened the door. 

Hanni stepped into the meeting room right after the brunette. The room was narrow but long and in the middle was a long table. Miss Park was standing on the other side of the room with tho other people Hanni didn't recognize. They were all focused on some documents on the table.

"Rosie, here's someone waiting for you," Miss Kim knocked on the door to get the CEO's attention.

"Ah, yes, Pham. You're here sooner than I expected," Miss Park spoke, without raising her gaze from the papers.

Hanni bowed quickly, feeling a little awkward. She had clearly walked into something important. She watched as the blonde crossed her arms and snapped her fingers. Immediately the two agents took their stuff and bowed to Miss Park. Hanni bowed a little as they walked past her, exiting the room. 

"Thank you, Jennie, you may leave us."

"Of course," the assistant smiled, before exiting the room.

Hanni heard as the door closed behind her. She felt a wave of nervousness washing over her as she stood still in the silent room with her boss. Whatever Miss Park wanted to discuss with her, it had to be urgent.

"I hate to call you without a warning but I'm glad you made it quick. As it happens, last night I got some critical information considering a matter that our agency has been dealing with for quite some time now," Miss Park turned around, "I believe you're capable of handling the mission."

"I'm honored," Hanni replied, feeling relieved. It was just another mission, nothing more. She walked closer and stopped at the end of the table where Miss Park was standing. 

 "A few years ago our agency discovered an undercover company that is involved with illegal activities. Money laundering, fraud, exploitation... They've been manipulating financial markets for over a decade, hiding their dirty work in plain sight."

Hanni glanced at the papers on the desk, then turned towards the CEO who had walked to a small desk in the corner. There was a clicking sound as the blonde pressed a button on the table and the blinds on the windows started going down. The room darkened and soon a big, light screen was shining in front of her. 

Miss Park stepped from behind the desk, holding a small remote control in her hands. 

"We have been keeping an eye on them but due to their widespread network it was impossible to take action against them. That is, until now."

The picture on the screen changed and fotos of an elderly man popped up.

"The man you're looking at is the head of the company. He is in our target list but killing him has been too risky as it draws too much attention to us and could cause a buzz. However, things have changed. Very soon, a heir is taking over the company and we believe that now is the right time to strike," Miss Park turned to Hanni, "I want you to eliminate the leader."

Hanni furrowed her brows, "But Miss, if it has been too risky to take him down before, what is any different now? With all due respect, it is a suicide mission," she glanced at the blonde.

Surely taking down an influential man like him was dangerous, not only to the sniper but also to the whole agency. Why would they risk it all now?

"Oh no, you misunderstood," Miss Park walked behind the desk and picked up a folder, "I don't want you to go after him, your target is the heir."

Hanni watched as the CEO walked back and placed the folder on the table in front of her. "A new face in charge will cause a buzz and it's easier to act behind the scenes."

"Oh, I understand," Hanni nodded, thoughtfully, "As the new leader, the heir doesn't have as many connections as the previous one. It is the perfect time to strike."

"Exactly," the blonde gave Hanni an approving look, "You're quick to catch up, Pham." 

Hanni picked up the folder from the table.

"However," she heard Miss Park turning around, "You cannot handle this mission like the other ones. Even with a newcomer in charge, the company itself has too much influence. The assassination has to be kept in the dark for as long as possible. Infiltrate her circles if needed, find the timing and make it clean and quick."

"Yes, Miss," Hanni nodded, but she couldn't help but furrow her brows at her boss' words. Was she talking about a female?

Carefully, she opened the folder. Her eyes widened as she stared at the several pictures of her new target. It was indeed a woman, young looking and her feline features caught Hanni's eyes. 

She looked at the name, "Kang Haerin?" Hanni spoke, out loud.

"Yes, she's your target," Miss Park glanced over her shoulder,

"And I want her dead."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

38.4K 2K 24
Minji met Hanni back in elementary school and they were friends up until freshman year of high school...then hanni moved away and came back during th...
4.6K 234 5
Hanni and Minji meet at an anonymous sex club where they can get away from everyday life and explore their sexual desires. They've been seeing each o...
13.7K 695 6
Hanni and Minji have a little awkward but intimate moment- that shouldn't make their hearts beat so fast, right? A short summer love story Bbangsaz a...
47.2K 2K 28
She stalks her and is inlove with her in the most infuriating way. "The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence. Hanni Pham is mi...