Her Rebound (Academic Rivals)

By estradagrey

"I hate you," she whispered softly, as if the words were a secret meant more for herself than for me. "I know... More

Her Rebound
Aesthetics
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten

chapter five

590 12 10
By estradagrey

"It's a week long camping trip, it's not a must, but it will be a good thing to do to ease your mind before your final exams." It's the homecoming party tonight and the teacher just informed us about the camp trip we have on Monday.

I resist the urge to smile. I'm definitely going. It will be an opportunity to stop studying and have some fun for once. And I'll also be away from my parents for a whole week; that's a like a dream.

The bell rings and chattering and clattering start again as learners discuss everything they were withholding during class. I grab Casey's hand before she gets lost in the crowd. "Are we going?" She asks, I already knew she wanted to.

"That's a question?" I grin. "Fuck yes we are."

We talk about a few more things as we took our time by the lockers. "I have biology right now." I groan. "I have maths." She blinked long and hard.

And that's how we part ways, and I'm alone for the rest of the lessons before lunchtime.

. . .

"Honey, are you sure?" My mom asks maybe feeling a bit doubtful at my decision to the trip and the homecoming party. "How long will I lock myself up, mom?" I drop my makeup brush, and look into her worried eyes. "I want to have fun like other children. I wanna go party, I want to have that adrenaline rush... I just want to enjoy my teenage years before they slip out of my hands."

She nods, understanding. "Be safe, keep your location on, and don't drink."

I give her a smile. "Okay."

She walks towards the door but pauses. She looks back at me, smiles, and then proceeds to walk again.

The door closed behind her and I continue getting ready. I wasn't planing on getting my hair burnt to crisp so I decided to install a wig, I got it done yesterday.

I did my lips and lashes, and then blended in some highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes, on my cheekbones and on the cupid bow on my lips.

I apply more gloss on my lips and then I see a FaceTime call coming from Cas. I answer it immediately.

"I need help with picking a dress." She says into the phone. I put my phone against my mirror so I'm facing it as well as the mirror.

"Good, because me too."

I had a total of four pink dresses I wanted to wear, and I wanted them all.

. . .

The hall was lit up with lights everywhere. There was like a bar in the middle of the hall whereby drinks of all sorts were offered. Then the DJ at the front of the hall.

The music was awfully loud and the people were ten times louder. Cas was draped in a silk white dress whereas I wore one the pink dresses that matched with my Versace heels.

I could pink to my own wedding.

We look around and judge people's looks. Especially the ones with green dresses. Not that aesthetic, cream-looking, soft kind of green. It was the bold, neon-kinda, and grass looking green.

And we had to end it off with "everyone can wear what they want, who are we to judge?" because we don't judge. We criticise, kindly of cause.

I spot Sofia Adam's in the middle of the hall. Shes's in pink too.

I thought I was the only one in pink until her.

I analyse her dress, taking her visible boob job, flat stomach and long, pale legs.

I definitely wore the pink better. It just blends into her skin a little bit. If you saw her from afar, you'd think she wearing nothing. But anyways... who am I to judge?

I avert my eyes to other people just to catch a glimpse of Nico next to her. He's smiling down at her while she covers her face laughs. He actually asked her out... when though? He must've done it privately, or else it would be top news. And his mom would rip him apart. I eye his outfit and it's basic. Just black slacks and a black button up. The first three buttons are open and his masculine thighs fill out the slacks well.

Turning the most basic combinations into a five star.

At least one of them look presentable.

I move my eyes around and then I catch his eyes. Nicolas eyes me down, and then his eyes come back to my face just to drop down again. He does it over and over again, for like... five times.

Oh yes.

No one has ever seen me in tight clothes. His bitch ass must've thought I was fat or insecure.

Actually no, my black genes came in handy. I just like being comfortable. I lift the corner of my top to show my disgust or distaste and he does it back.

The feeling is fucking mutual, dickhead.

Cas pulls me with her so we go to where the food and drinks are. "I'm still 17, I can't have alcohol." I shout to her over the music. "Who will know?" She shouts back, grinning.

"My mom said I can't." I yell back. "Your mom is not here," She says, but in my ear this time. "Come on, Ana, I can't drink alone."

"Have some fun for once."

They had alcohol here, but it's probably without the teachers consent. It is definitely without the knowledge of teachers because when Casey ordered us beer.

"Here you go, beautiful ladies." The waiter says, as he hands us the drinks.

We take it and continue moving around. "Drink it!" She laughs.

I've been holding onto it for dear life. I just know this shit is bitter. I raise it my lips and take a sip.

Ew.

My face scrunches up as the bitterness makes my face numb. It lasts a second. The after taste is delicious though, so I take another sip. "Tastes good?" She asks, he drowned almost all of hers.

"Not too bad."

. . .

An hour later, I'm wasted. And luckily, Will chose to leave me alone. I saw him, but he avoided my eyes. I don't know why he even looked scared but I'm just thankful he left me alone.

I'm dizzy and I laugh at everything. This feeling of freedom feels so good I never want to let it go.

"Let's go dance." Casey said, she's drunk drunk. I hold onto her so she doesn't fall. "That's the last drink." I say, I don't if I'm saying it to myself or to her.

We get to the dance floor, with only a handful of teenagers. The dj is playing really good music.

Casey and I get on the dance floor and dance however everyone else is doing it. I couldn't remember my own name, never mind the fact that I, Angelica Smithson, was dancing with a bunch of other teenagers and actually having fun.

Random people joined us and big smiles and laughs emitted from my mouth. I felt free.

I spun around until I lost my balance and fell into someone else. My senses are engulfed in cinnamon and a really good cologne. He smelled really good, a combination of everything needed to tingle someone's senses or make someone turn when you walk past.

Damn, I want a hoodie of his.

I lift my head from his chest and move my hair from my face. I felt his hands on my lower back, holding me up.

My eyes open and stare into the eyes of the person who's holding me. I stare right into the eyes of Nicolas Harper. He's looking back at me, a confused look in his eyes as he looks at my dizzy state. "What the fuck were you doing?" He grits, his glare hardening. "That's none of your concern." I say, trying to break free from his hold.

"Let me go." I glare.

He refused, saying something but the words travelled with the song. "I don't fucking care, don't touch me." He ignores my words and gets close to my face.

I turn my head to the side, but he just wanted to say something in my ear and not...

"Your friend just disappeared with my friend, I'm pretty sure he will take her home after their little... interaction," he says. "You're fucking drunk."

"So?" I choke out. He's too close.

"I'll take you home," he said, backing away. "Don't be nice to me, Nicolas. I don't need your sympathy."

I moved to my back and detached his hands from my lower back. I hate being touched.

"My mother would kill me if something happens to you while I'm here," His returned back to his usual distaste. "Trust me I wouldn't do this even if a thousand dollars was on stake."

He then takes my hand-against my protest-and drags me away from the dance floor. I turn my head to look for bright blonde hair to see if Cas really left me, and I don't find her.

What catches my eye though is Sofia Adam's, screaming her lungs out for Nicolas to wait for her.

I tap his shoulder but he just shrugs me off. "Your... date?"

He hears me and ignores me.

Sofia will definitely not let this slide.

___

Questions or predictions for the trip/future?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560 34 9
The campus of Silver Crypres University or (SCU) was buzzing with excitement as the new school year was about to start. All the students were eager t...
854 86 43
"Oh," he said, as my back hit the wooden wall. Damn it, of course. With nowhere to go, his arms locked me in between him and the wall. He stared down...
19.7M 550K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
104K 1.9K 57
"He definitely wants to sleep with you," he taunts. "Excuse me?" I look at him weirdly, "What are you even talking about." "The way he touched your a...