The Sister~They Missed (The R...

By dareya8

The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for aband... More

Author's Note
Character Aesthetics
1. Custody Annulment
2. Back Home
3. Dinner
4. Who Is 'He'?
5. Boutique
6. Wound
More Character Aesthetics
7. The Eldest & The Youngest
8. Dada & Princess
9. Cousins Over Brothers
10. Custard
11. Dev & Ira
12. Sherni
14. Iru
15. Savage Iru
16. History
17. Naive
18. Best Friend
19. Darsh's Sherni
20. Brother-In-Law
21. Partner
22. Fountain
23. God
24. Words
Aadarsh- Special Update
25. Family
26. Kapadia Mansion
27. Project
...
28. Envelope
29. Darsh's Past
30. Darsh's Past-2
31. War
32. Cramp
33. Future
34. Envy
35. Crush
...
36. Papers
37. Princess
38. Storm
39. Facade

13. Dev's Office

5.2K 312 133
By dareya8

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Do read the author's note in the end guys, before asking any questions about the elements in the chapter.

Author

"Meet my co-founder Ms.Aadhira Singh"

As soon as those words left Darsh's mouth, the ground slipped beneath Dev's legs. He was in a state of utter shock, still processing the information he heard. His daughter was the business tycoon Aadhira Singh. One of the youngest entrepreneurs in India. That seemed so unbelievable for him. For self-assurance, he interpreted he misheard it.

"What did you just say?" His eyes blazed looking at Darsh. If it was some kind of prank then this time he is neither gonna leave Aadhira nor Darsh. His rule in the business stays affirmed, with no jokes regarding it.

"Mr.Rathore I guess your age is getting onto your ears, old man. He said what you heard. We don't have the whole day for this shit. I have better things to do than this. Start the meeting" Aadhira roared, sitting on her chair, not even looking up at Dev. Her attitude seemed too unbearable for Dev, but right now he wasn't facing his daughter, it was the owner of A.D. Enterprises. Yet she was famous for being cold-hearted and ruthless.

Now he was able to connect the dots, Why did the reporter call her Aadhira Singh and she ran in? The mask she wore in public...every reason came as a justification for the fact of Aadhira's true identity. Darsh's co-founder never easily came in front of the world and even if she did, she made sure no one could recognize her. Dev was the one who had kept the demand of meeting both the founders of the company, due to Aditya's advice. He wanted to be sure before signing off the contract with his rivals.

"What the fuck is going on? How dare you say that about my daughter" Dev held Darsh's collar in rage, while Darsh stood unbothered by it. "Mr.Rathore!" Aadhira yelled getting up from her chair. "Put your hands away from Darsh and sit back down, don't create a scene here" she whispered lowly in a dark voice in Dev's ear while Darsh locked his hands at his back to refrain from doing something disrespectful to Dev.

Dev looked around the meeting room seeing all the eyes fixed on them three, he understood this wasn't a place to create chaos, his reputation would be at stake. The media would create havoc if they got to know that Aadhira was related to him. He doesn't want to reveal her identity as a Rathore. He very subtly waved off the tension, leaving Darsh's collar and fixing it before sitting down on his chair. Though one could feel the amount of anger he held, radiating from him. His jaw was clenched yet his fingers intertwined with each other like refraining from doing something.

Darsh too took his seat beside Aadhira holding one of her hands beneath the table. Dev saw this and it was an understatement that he was fuming in anger. He wanted to beat the shit out of Darsh for touching his daughter yet he composed himself. "Let's start with the meeting!" Dev announced. Darsh was about to get up when Dev stopped him," I would like Ms.Aadhira to present your company's offer".

Darsh looked towards Aadhira whose face was expressionless but eyes fixed on Dev. She knew Dev wanted to test her worthiness. He wanted to see whether she was eligible to be sitting where she was or not. She knew if she made a slight mistake, the deal would be gone from Darsh's hands and Dev would do anything to make her regret her decision.

"Darsh Tu baith mai dekhti hoon" She turned towards him, giving his hand a reassuring squeeze before getting up.
"Sherni" Darsh whispered lowly, "I'll be fine," she said with a blink of her eyes.
"Best of luck!" He muttered letting go of her hand.

Aadhira got up from her chair and moved towards the projector. As she started presenting, Dev's eyes were fixed on her. Her confidence and communication skills amazed Dev to the extent that he doubted that it was the same little girl who used to hide behind him on seeing strangers.

She answered every question with such certainty that Dev found it difficult to say no to such a project. He knew that the girl standing before him was not the daughter he had seen years ago. She had immensely changed, to an expanse that it was hard to find similarities between the 8-year-old Aadhira, who was shy and fragile, and the one standing in front of him.

His eyes suddenly fell on the wound on Aadhira's neck which made him realize that his worst nightmare had come true because it was rumored that the second founder of A.D. Enterprises was highly active in some mafia activities while being an assassin herself. Dev knew about this because she had also proved to be the worst agony for his mafia but he could never catch her. She was said to be as swift as a tigress when it came to her work.

This thought made Dev's heart sink. He would never want his daughter to be entrapped in such things. What if she turned herself? What if she gets harmed severely? He wanted to keep his princess away from all this darkness and torment. Still, his heart stood against all the logic his brain gave, waiting for all this to be a lie. Waiting for his little daughter to be back in his arms.

Honestly, as a businessman, he was proud of Aadhira's attitude but as a father, he wanted his innocent daughter back. The one whom he adored with all his heart, who was the princess of his heart. He had started regretting the decision to send her away from them. The girl had changed so much, not for good at least.

"That's all. Mr. Rathore, I hope aapko aapke saare sawalon ke jawab mil gye honge" Aadhira's cold voice rang in Dev's ears making him come out from his train of thoughts. Dev nodded subtly, no way was he going to let this deal go away from his hands which could bring his daughter closer to him.

Aadhira got back to her seat beside Darsh who gave her a high-five with a huge smile hanging on his lips. "Sherni ne jalwa dikha diya finally!" Darsh whispered to her which made Aadhira smile at his enthusiastic self. "Itna ki Sherni ke baap ki bhi bolti band ho gyi" Aadhira added with a smirk, earning a chuckle from Darsh.

Aadhira sighed in solace as both Dev and Darsh signed the contract. She was eased at the fact that at least Darsh's hard work didn't go to waste even if she had to reveal her identity.

"I want to meet you both in my office. Right now" Dev said in a stern voice to Darsh and Aadhira. While Aadhira was about to argue but Darsh nodded and dragged her with him. He does not want to be fed by an already riled-up lion.

-×-

Both Aadhira and Darsh sat beside each other in Dev's office as Dev was pacing around the room in anger. He had asked both of them to meet in his room after the meeting but he himself was not ready to do it. He had a severe headache and he wanted a break from all this mess.

"Sasur ji toh gusse me lag rhe h!" Darsh said in a low voice to Aadhira." Rok De unhe nhi toh aise hi chalte chalte ghar pahuch jayenge" he added.

"Mr. Rathore aapki budhi taango ko kasht mat dijiye. Jo baat krni h baith ke krrr skte h" Aadhira stated, gesturing towards the sofa in front of her.

Dev scowled at her," Ab baat krne ko bacha kya h Aadhira? Tune kuch chhoda hi nhi. Sab decision toh tu apne aap se lene lagi h, kafi badi nhi ho gyi h Tu? Maanta hoon Tu mujhse gussa h-"

"Nafrat."Aadhira interrupted him in the middle, "Gussa nhi, nafrat krti hoon mai apse aur aapke pure pariwar se." She stressed making Dev's scowl replace with an emotionless face. It was the last thing he wanted to hear. How should he explain to her, his reasons? He was the sole reason for her departure. His EGO had blinded him so much that he did not see the consequences his one decision could cause. Only he knows how much of a void her absence caused in his heart.

"Aur itna kyu senti ho rhe h aap? Company hi kholi h Maine, bhaag ke shaadi nhi ki h. Jo aapko itna Rona pad rha h. Arrey nhi pasand toh muh band rkhiye na, waise bhi aapse kisine aapki rai nhi maangi h." Aadhira stood up from her place in anger while Darsh tried to pull her hand to make her sit back.

"Sherni chup ho ja-" Aadhira glared down at him making him shut his mouth before he could finish the sentence. Kaha phas gya inn baap beti ke beech me- He thought to himself.

"The fuck is wrong with you Aadhira! Tum itni choti ho kaise sambhalogi inti badi company?" Dev questioned her with a speck of concern glancing out of his morphed expressions. He had concealed his emotions well yet only Aadhira was able to read the underlying ones without any effort.

"Aapko badi chinta ho rhi h meri?" Aadhira questioned him with a smirk on her face and a snick in her voice, "Aur waise bhi ye company mai do saal se chala rhi hoon. Aapki expert advice ki zarurat nhi h mujhe ki mujhe iske saath kya krna h"

"Aadhira, I am just saying this for your sake. You have studies to complete. Abhi 12th ke boards bache h tumhare. You are not going to continue handling this company anymore and that's final." Dev declared glaring at Aadhira, who just furrowed her eyebrows and took a long breath, to calm herself a little before her anger took over her nerves.

This was the thing she hated most about her father. He just gave out orders without even listening to what the other person had to say. His bossy nature always took a toll on him and if the other person refused, then it would cause a big impairment to his so-called EGO and image. 

"You can't control my life, Mr. Rathore, get that clear in your head" Aadhira professed with rage taking over her eyes, "You weren't there in the picture when I and Darsh built this company aur ab mai aapko isse khatam krne nhi dungi."

She thought that Dev would lash out at her but instead, a smirk formed on Dev's lips as Aadhira got the cue that he was about to do something that she would not like. She knew how cunning Dev could be when it came to his profit. She hated it with anguish. It would be right to say that at that moment he did not think as a father but as a businessman, who sees his own profit even in his relations.

"Toh Mafia se tumhara kya relation h Aadhira?" Aadhira stiffened at it's mention. Her father has just pricked the most sensitive nerve that she held. The darkest secret she won't ever reveal to anyone.

"Usse aapka koi lena dena nhi h Mr. Rathore." She let out a breath she didn't know she held for how long," Better hoga ki aap apne kaam se kaam hi rkhe. I guess ab humari khatam ho chuki h. Chal Darsh" She said holding his hand.

Dev's gaze fell on their interwined hands and he groaned internally. "Tum meri beti ka haath chhodo pehle." He gave a sign to Darsh, daring him to disobey.

Before Darsh could pull his hand back, Aadhira clasped his hand in a tight grip, "Nhi chhodega wo. Jo krna h Krrr lo" Darsh's eyes widened listening to Aadhira. The look on Dev's face was enough to make Darsh gulp in fear yet he knew he had to stand by Aadhira's side no matter what.

"Darsh Kapadia I said leave my daughter's hand!" Dev's voice boomed in the office making even Darsh flinch but Aadhira stood unaffected, her eyes set on Dev.

"Sasur ji aapki beti nhi chhod rhi wrna mujhe konsa aapka niwala banne ka shauk h" Darsh said in a low voice to himself yet Dev heard it. His eyes turned dark upon hearing it, and with a clenched jaw and slow steps, he took predatory steps toward Darsh.

But before he can reach him, Aadhira stands in front of him, shielding him from Dev's rage, "Dur hatiye Darsh se Mr. Rathore"

"Kyu ab ye kal ka aaya ladka tere liye tere papa se zyada zaruri ho gya?" Dev growled at Aadhira whose eyes were blank, just staring at him. "Bol Aadhira!"

Aadhira scoffed in mockery," Mere papa toh mere liye bahut pehle hi mar chuke h Mr. Rathore. Aur jo aaj mere samne khade h wo Mr.Dev Singh Rathore h. Mere former business rival aur current business partner."

Dev felt something break inside him hearing Aadhira's heart-aching statement. He felt his whole world collapse at it. Was he such a bad father to her that now his existence even didn't matter to his daughter?- Dev questioned himself. He wanted to win back his daughter yet here she is saying that he is dead for her.

The father in Dev's heart almost found himself defeated and lifeless at his daughter's words. The weight of her words settled in his chest, a painful realization that a chasm had formed where a bond once existed. The wait his heart had to hear her say 'Papa' didn't want to hear it in between those words. The words made him want to kill himself. Emotions of hurt and betrayal battled within him, leaving him speechless in the face of a relationship irreparably shattered.

His voice choked as he said," Ira, beta-"

"Mr Rathore, you had your chance to be my father but now I am choosing the family I want in my life."

"So better stay away from Darsh, If you try and put your hands on him you'll face the worst of Aadhira's wrath" Aadhira threatened by the end of her statement, daring Dev through her eyes to do anything. She pulled Darsh with her, who passed a look of apology to Dev leaving him shocked.

He expected that guy to take his daughter's side and be rude and cold to him. Yet this guy was different. He was trying to bring Aadhira close to her family. Trying to mend their almost-broken relations. That was the moment he felt proud of his daughter's choice.

His headache hit him harder and he sat on the sofa, holding his forehead. Massaging it with his fingers, helping to ease it.

His daughter's words were hard for his EGO to digest yet they were true. He had failed her as a father.

-×-

Explanations about A.D. Enterprises:-
I was legit tired of answering the same questions everytime.

Well this company was inherited by Darsh years ago through his family. U'll get to know more about when you read about Darsh's past in further chapters and he just made Aadhira his business partner in it(Through legal ways💀).

And if you have any questions that how can they run this company? They are teenagers!- For that I myself am friends with such people who at such young ages have created some self built companies. Thankyou! I hope this explains your doubts.

Done! Updated!

Some suggestions for the next day out guys! I am really confused and do tell with whom you want to see it.

Options

Laksh

Samarth

Harshil

Neel

Parth

Shaurya

Or any specific point of view you wanna see?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 7.8K 55
Aarkriti Goenka ,an innocent Indian girl , Daughter of The Biggest Businessman and Sister of Two World's 2nd Biggest Mafia .Luv her family and Brothe...
family By soumya

Fanfiction

46.1K 676 6
What will happen when Arya forced to live with her brothers whom she was trying so hard to avoid The brothers who loves there lil sister and is deter...
838K 30.7K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...