Spectre || Y/N x Twisted Wond...

Per YxaBlue

You died... You have not reached Book 1, and yet you died... For real. When you were isekaid into Twisted Won... Més

[It has returned] - Book Details
2.1 ~ Before It Happened [GRIM'S POV]
~ Notice ~

1 ~ YOU DIED

234 11 16
Per YxaBlue

--- YOU DIED ---

Yes... You died...

Literally.

For real.

No buttons to press that say 'Respawn' nor 'Quit'.

...

You take a good look at your body riddled with fresh wounds, scratches, and holes that you got from your dumbassery. Oddly enough, they don't seem to hurt...

'Yeah, no shit. I just died xD.' You facepalmed. You nearly forgot you just died...

Anyway, you examined your body once more. From your nonexistent legs that could not meet the floor, to your arms, and then to your hands. Your body looked as pale as the white snow, translucent.

Small particles of mist evaporate away from some random parts of your body, most especially from below your torso and the holes on your chest.

You kind of feel like you've become that one guy from a cartoon where he became a ghost by some accident. The difference being you, a full-time ghost, and him, a half ghost.

...

Damn... What dumbassery have you done for you to end up like this?

A'ight, let's recap. Prologue happened.

You followed along with the game's storyline of the prologue from chapter one until the part where you and the bois set out to get a magestone to save them from expulsion, and you and Grim from getting kicked out.

The same events happened afterward: found the abandoned house of the dwarves, went on the chase from some ghosts in the cave, found the magestone and the blot monster, and retreated.

Complacent that everything will turn out the same as the game, you decided to follow the storyline once more.

Although, you kind of snapped at the boys for being uncooperative at the time. Ever since you were isekaid here, you felt stressed out.

One trouble after another.

You had forgotten how troublesome the entire situation was in the prologue.

On your first blind gameplay, you felt nothing but pity and sympathy with everything that's happened to the MC in a short span of time.

But despite the characters' dumbassery and shenanigans that got the MC into trouble, you love them as characters. Each episode of the main story, side story, and any lore drop you could read, you grew to adore them.

Feeling bad about getting worked up, you apologized to Ace, Deuce, and Grim after persuading them to unite for once.

Back to the story, you and Grim lured the blot monster out of the cave, the boys smooshed dem with the power of magic, friendship, and violence, and got the magestone!

Yeaya!

And another magestone, too! Probably?... It looked nearly similar to the other one we just got.

Double YEAYA!

You do not know how you found it, but you decided to keep it.

'Finders' keepers' as what people say. :D

Because you knew how "accommodating" bird man was, you planned on selling it, saving up secret funds for you and Grim. Probably to Mr. Sam????

And if we lost the other one, you could just give this stone instead.

...

Then, here comes the best part...

The blot monster was a lot more resilient than it was in the game... Despite it being near death's door, it still went after you and the boys.

Ace, Deuce, and Grim barely had any magic energy left, and you were not sure what to do anymore. You did not think this through enough.

You instructed everyone, as much as possible, to slow the blot monster down and head back to NRC. ASAP. Your lives were your top priority.

Despite everyone's efforts, the monster was slowly closing in.

What did you do?...

You baited the monster away with the stone you got in hand.

Fortunately, it was unto you. So, everyone else is safe.

Unfortunately, it was unto you... So, you weren't safe.

*cue the song "Dumb Ways to Die" lmao*

.
.

You thought you could buy some time for them to open the mirror, and then head back to jump right into the mirror.

You had faith in your running abilities and body since you have been exercising.

...

And then you tripped...

By a conveniently placed stupid rock.

You couldn't move your legs anymore. You were freaking out.

Looking behind, you saw it coming closer.

Adrenaline overloaded, you stood up only to fall again. One of your legs was bruised REAL bad from the shitty fall.

You persevered. Stood up, attempting to distance yourself from the monster once more.

Before you could even run, something pierced through your chest...

You find a pickaxe right through your torso...

When you tried to breathe, an unbearably sharp sting was felt...

Your chest felt burning hot as the pickaxe instantly pulled back. That hurt like a mother fucker.

You tried to escape once more...

Then, it pierced through the chest again... Over and over... Never stopping.

Each second felt like the longest, excruciating moment of your life. You wanted it to stop. You needed it to stop.

God, you wanted to die quickly to make all this fucking pain go away...

...

Several seconds later, you were knocked out cold.

...

Amidst the boiling pool of blot, you woke up looking like... This...

And your body was nowhere to be found. It must have melted along with the crystal in the inkblot.

...

You lost your life, just like that.

...

You think of any other reasons, anyone to blame on how your life was taken away, why it was taken away.

Why? Just so you could ease the pain you felt deep down, even for a little, you thought.

But nothing came to mind. After all, this happened because of you...

You, who knew the dangers of the Dwarves' Mine...

...

If it weren't for you being complacent that what will happen in the game will be reality, you could've avoided yourself from getting killed...

If you had planned things out smoothly, then everyone wouldn't have to go through this one hell of an experience...

If...

...

If only you could turn back time and fix all this...

Maybe plead Crowley for another option to fix things...

Or maybe prevent Deuce from throwing Ace towards the chandelier to get Grim...

Or maybe stop Ace from running away from his penalty.

Or maybe keep a closer eye on Grim...

...

You weren't sure if that was a good idea either way.

What if the plot changed drastically? To the point that Twisted Wonderland would go up in flames?

...

There's no point in thinking about that anymore.

This was your fault.

What you've become is the consequence for your complacency. You could've prevented all this when you knew the future. At least make a back-up plan if everything goes wrong.

...

......

.........

Oh FUCK THIS SHIT.

There was no point in crying over spilled milk. This is the consequence you must fully accept.

You'll continue to live as a ghost from now on... Oh wait, you're dead. XD

This was getting ridiculous...

...

So...

...

What are you going to do from now on?

What about the main characters? Will you still continue to intervene as the story's 'Yuu'?

And you needed to find a way back home, remember? Your family must be worried sick right now...

Wait a damn minute!

How are you gonna get back home alive?

You became a ghost for fuck's sake, and your corpse is gone!...

...

Oh! Wait.

You remembered scrolling down the internet and getting spoiled by accident (For once, you were thankful of being spoiled).

Didn't Ortho say that he found clues as to how MC can return to their world?

You take note that Ortho will be one of the key players to get you home.

But about returning back alive...

...

You shook your head, deciding to get your priorities straight. The events today and what will happen next are vital to the prologue, and you need to think of something quick.

...

After taking a moment, you resolved to make sure not to deviate from the original story as much as possible.

This way, it would be easier to plan things out.

You are unsure of how the events will go now that you died, and you're pretty scared of the butterfly effect you may have caused.

BUT, you may have some sort of plan to prevent that. Not sure if this will work out, but hey. If it's 'them', it might.

...

You tell yourself over and over to not let your complacency. This is reality now.

You understood the dangers of the future, the overblots, some events, and most especially book 6.

You were unfortunately not able to play book 7 because you couldn't get past book 6...

Being an F2P player sucked.

You should've watched some youtube gameplays and grinded some more.

So, best be cautious of everything you do.

...

Anyhow, you felt extremely worried for the boys. You wanted to see if they are doing okay, so you decide to look for them first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ Extras and Author's Notes ~~

• When you snapped at the boys and scolded them, Grim and Ace did feel a little guilty, and Deuce felt really bad... What do you think they would feel upon learning your death?

• Honestly, I really wonder how things will go since having the MC alive is important in the story (No shit XD). I was debating with myself on some things, but I think I got an idea.

• Urghhh... Writing is hard... Qwq

• When I reread this in the future, I might add some changes and fixes. (Edit: Some stuff did not make sense, so I fixed it. XD)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ Important A/N ~~

• Chapter 2 is in the works, but it'll take quite some time to finish it. I'm busy as a volunteer, preparing for a school event, as well as the upcoming removal exam I'm taking.

• I wanted to upload both Chapter 1 and 2 together, but time is lacking. :(

• If you reach up to this point, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. Qwq

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

14.2K 292 4
'Is this some kind of cult or something? When the witch of the tower accidentally activates some teleportation scrolls and it sends her to another di...
4.8K 137 20
My my! I just got hit with inspiration again! :D also, I posted this story on AO3 to! :D A year ago... a year ago Dream had escaped..., but we didn't...
519 63 9
What do you do if you are cursed for eternity with an incurable, painful disease? If you are reborn after every death? It can happen immediately afte...
1.3K 323 24
In the halls of The Almighty School in London, picture a diverse group. There's a Muslim girl, recently arrived and clueless, alongside, an atheist g...