Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
25. Worried
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

26.The Wait

1.9K 112 70
By Laughingwolf78

Three and a half hours.

This surgery was only supposed to take a grand total of three and a half hours.

Then why has it been six and a fucking half almost seven Katsuki wonders with fire burning against his palms.

He's way past anxious now, he's been at the nurses desk four damn times only for them to tell him that they have no new information on what's happening in the operating room but that they are sure everything is fine, something Katsuki is currently doubting because six and a half fucking hours!

He's up pacing now, hands shoved down deep in the pockets of black jeans as he tries to keep his quirk from going off.  There's tension in broad shoulders and veins popping in his neck. He's sweating which isn't good because the way his temper feels right now he knows it won't take much for explosions to form.

Kirishima watches with concerned eyes as Denki sighs.

" This can't be good right? The fact that surgery is taking so long and the fact that Bakugo looks like he's ready to blow the place up any minute? I mean, you smell that right? That sugary sweet burnt caramel smell, that's his quirk!"

Kiri frowns his face falling serious.

" Well, sometimes surgeries can last longer than expected and as far as Bakubro blowing the place up he won't as long as Mido is here. He wouldn't risk hurting him, of course I can't guarantee what's gonna happen after Mido leaves here. I guess that depends on the outcome and whatever is happening.", the redhead explains.

Kaminari swallows hard, a twinge of fear at what Katsuki might do if anything happens to Izuku.

Sero walks up to the two suddenly.

" Well I went with Mr Aizawa to see if we could find out anything."

Denki lifts a brow.

" And? Any news??"

Sero let's out a sigh that tells them the answer before he does.

" Nope and if they do know anything they sure aren't telling us."

Three sets of Hero eyes then shift across the room to a pacing blonde bomb.

" We gotta go say something to him to try and calm him down or something, I smelled his quirk down the hall.", Sero sighs.

Kiri nods as they move to a blonde hero.

" Bakubro, why don't you sit down man? Let's go down to the cafeteria and get a drink or something.", the redhead smiles.

" Yeah and you haven't eaten anything this afternoon that's definitely not good.", Denki tries.

Crimson eyes go dark as he glares at his friends.

" Do I look like I'm fucking hungry?! I'm not leaving this fucking room until I can see him and find out what the fuck is going on.", the blonde snaps

" It's not uncommon for this kind of thing to last longer than they first predicted Bakugo, I'm sure Mido is just fine.", Sero says

Crimson eyes narrow sharply.

" I didn't realize you got a God damn medical degree Soy Sauce. You have no damn idea what's happening any more than I do and none of us know if he's ok and that's pissing me the fuck off."

Kiri puts a hand on the blonde's shoulder but when he does he's almost burnt from the heat rising on the hero.

" I know you're upset bro but you gotta try and calm down."

Katsuki is getting ready to erupt in an anger-filled rant of nervous curses but then his eyes catch the sight of something over Kirishima's.

He sees Inko.

She's alone at the moment, her head down, her shoulders visibly shaking because she's crying so hard. The blonde's heart suddenly hurts, not only for the way he feels but for the woman he knows is just as worried as he is. He pushes past his friends and heads in her direction.

Sitting down quietly next to her he reaches for her hand in silence. Tear-filled green eyes meet his.

" Katsuki, I'm.. I'm getting so worried, I don't understand this."

He takes a deep breath trying to steady himself for her.

"I know Auntie, I'm not sure what's going on yet either but I'm going to bet that nerd you raised is doing fine. He's too stubborn for it to be any other way.", he says forcing a smile.

She squeezes his hand and laughs lightly.

" You're a good boy Katsuki, but you're just as nervous as I am. Ever since you were young, after your quirk manifested, your hands would heat up terribly any time you were upset. Katsuki, I almost need an oven mit to hold your hand right now."

The blonde raises a brow then looks down at their hands. Crimson eyes meet green and they both begin to laugh softly.

Before he can say anything the nurse steps up to them.

" Hero DynaMight, Hero Deku is out of surgery and in recovery. You may come back and see him now.".

His heart leaps into his throat if he could he'd run to that room right now but he shifts his sights to the woman next to him.

" Why don't you go back and see him first."

Inko smiles with relief at just the knowledge her son is out of surgery and obviously alive.

She shakes her head.

" No Katsuki, he'd want to see you right away, that much I know. I trust that you will make sure everything back there is as it should be, I want you to go first."

He nods getting up and following the nurse.

She leads him to the room where Izuku appears to be resting comfortably.

" He's on a lot of pain medication to make sure his pain levels stay comfortable and he's still groggy from the anesthesia so he may be in and out of sleep and not make much sense at times, but he's doing fine.", she smiles at the blonde.

Katsuki isn't in the mood for pleasantries right now though and he wants to know one thing as he takes his seat next to his boyfriend.

" What the hell was taking so long? I was told three and a half hours, it's been seven.", he says quietly but sternly.

Her face goes nervous.

" I'm honestly not sure Mr DynaMight, I'm only his recovery nurse. Dr. Mori will be able to tell you more, he should be in shortly."

Katsuki gives her a slow menacing smile.

" Oh, don't worry, I'll be right here waiting."

She leaves after that not wanting to test the hero any further.

Katsuki sighs taking in the look of his boyfriend fully.

Izuku is a little pale but that's to be expected he thinks. His monitors beep with a steady rhythm and show good stats so that's a relief, but as he watches dark lashes move ever so slightly with sleep he aches to see the green gems they keep hidden.

He takes a scarred hand in his and holds it while he runs a large thumb over the back.

As his thoughts drift suddenly he hears a soft tired voice.

" Kacchan? Wow you came to see me?"

Katsuki snaps crimson eyes to groggy green to see a love drunk smile. He furrows his brow.

" Of course I came to see you. I brought you here, been waiting to see you."

Izuku blinks at him a look of amazement forms.

" You did?! Oh.. oh my gosh thank you for doing that for me."

Katsuki lifts a brow then it hits him that Izuku is doped up on pain meds.

The blonde chuckles.

" You're welcome Deku. How are you feeling?"

There's a groggy smile.

" I'm great, how are you? Wow, you got so handsome. I've always had an enormous crush on you. Did you know that?", the greenett blushes.

Katsuki breaks into a laugh.

" I'm good Deku and yeah, I know about your massive crush on me.", he grins.

Izuku is blushing like crazy as he looks back in shock.

" And you aren't mad?! We should totally go out sometime Kacchan."

Katsuki chuckles and smirks.

" I'm going to tell you a secret Deku. We're already dating, even sleep in the same bed every night."

Green eyes go wide.

" No way are you serious?!"

The blonde laughs.

" Hell yeah I'm serious. Deku, we've even kissed, several times, all the time most days."

Izuku is completely shocked by this information then a pout forms.

"That can't be true stop teasing me Kacchan, that's just mean!"

Katsuki feels his heart ache as he chuckles with a smile. He leans over and pulls a fair cheek in his direction lowering his mouth to the others.

"But I'm not teasing, here, I'll prove it.", the blonde says kissing him softly then pulling back to see loving green eyes.

" Wow, that was amazing. You're beautiful Kacchan. I'm going to take a nap now ok? Don't leave."

The blonde smirks with an amused head shake.

" I'll be right here when you wake up."

With that Izuku is out cold again.

After a few more minutes the door slowly opens and Dr Mori emerged, almost.

Before he could get all the way in Katsuki gets up and forces him into the hall closing the door.

Crimson eyes are narrowed and deadly.

" You have fucking minutes to explain to me why that surgery took so fucking long and why couldn't any of us get updates on what the fuck was happening?! Do you have any God damn idea what that feels like?!"

Dr Mori is not all that surprised by the blonde's reaction but he immediately tries to soothe it.

" I'm terribly sorry Mr Bakugo but Izuku had much more scar tissue than we had first anticipated, getting through all of that in the most careful way possible so that he heals well took more time than originally thought. It gets busy in the operating room so sometimes the OR nurse doesn't have the time to give the front desk updates but I'm terribly sorry, I'm sure that was worrisome."

Katsuki eyes him suspiciously.

" But his surgery went alright? There wasn't any complications?"

The Dr finally smiles.

" It went very well once we got through the damage. We implanted the device against his spine and once the stimulation starts he should be able to feel movement. But I am going to say that with all the scar tissue it might take a little longer to heal enough so that it works properly."

Katsuki doesn't really like the sounds of that but he keeps it to himself for now.

" Better hope he heals right. If I find out you butchered him in any way I'm going to be upset, and you haven't seen me upset yet."

The doctor nods because that's all he can manage. The blonde hero is extremely intimidating and he knew before he even met Katsuki that his temper was nothing to be tested.

After Dr Mori does a fast check on the greenett who is still asleep he assures the blonde that Izuku will wake up more with it once he sleeps some of the anesthesia off.

Once Katsuki makes a quick trip to the waiting room to inform Inko and his friends of the greenett's condition he goes back and waits for green eyes to open again.

Izuku has to spend a couple days in the hospital while he recovers from surgery so that means Katsuki isn't leaving this chair until that happens.

An hour later as Katsuki holds tight to a scarred hand while he scrolls through his phone with the other he hears Izuku's voice again.

" Kacchan?"

The blonde meets sleepy green eyes.

" Hi Nerd. I'm here. You doing ok?"

Izuku scrunches his face.

" Yes, just really tired."

The blonde smiles and nods.

" You will be for awhile. Pain meds keeping you knocked on your ass. You're more alert than you were before though."

Green eyes question that statement.

" What do you mean?"

The blonde smirks.

" You didn't know we were dating and confessed your massive crush on me, you thought I was teasing you not telling the truth when I told you we were dating and then when I kissed you you told me I was beautiful and passed the fuck back out."

Izuku blushes deep crimson as he runs his hand over his face.

" Oh my god, that's soo embarrassing."

Katsuki chuckles hard.

" It was, I can't wait to show the extras. I recorded it."

Green eyes snap wide.

" Kacchan! You.. you didn't!"

The blonde smirks.

" No I didn't, but I should have, it was cute as fuck actually. You thought I was the most amazing thing walking."

Izuku smiles sheepish squeezing the large hand holding his.

" Well, that's cause you are. You'll always be to me."

There's emotion in the blonde's eyes as he clears his throat and move forward kissing a fair-skinned forehead.

" Shitty Nerd, that works both ways."

Izuku smiles then glances down at his feet covered in white blankets.

" So did it go ok? I don't feel any different other than I'm pretty uncomfortable with pain."

Katsuki nods.

" Yeah, doctor said it went good but that you had a lot of scar tissue he had to cut through so it's gonna take you a bit to heal, but he's hopeful once they turn that shitty thing on you'll feel again."

The greenett shifts uncomfortably and Katsuki hates it immediately.

" Try and relax Deku, you're gonna be pretty sore for a while. Nurse gave you another dose of pain meds through your IV right before you woke up so that should kick in soon and you'll get some relief."

Izuku leans further back into his pillows holding his boyfriend's hand.

" Ok. I am still sleepy. Maybe I'll take a nap again. You can stay right?"

The blonde smirks.

" You think they could stop me? I'll be right here the whole time."

As he watches a smile form and pretty eyes flutter closed he knows he'll wait, wait as long as it takes for them to open again, wait for whatever may come next.

A/N

Our tale continues, stay tuned
I send love always

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.5K 17
Class 1A decided to throw a party in the dorm, and Kaminari snuck some alcohol into the punch bowl. One thing led to another, Izuku and Katsuki in th...
4.3K 149 9
Izuku Midoriya lost his hearing as a kid, when he and his parents had unfortunately got into a car incident. And that car accident, ended up turning...
508K 19.4K 38
Bakugou gets into some trouble with the law and is forced to do some community service at the local hospital. He hates the place and all he wants to...
207K 6.9K 31
Katsuki Bakugou has been a vampire now for well over a hundred years, turned when he was only twenty two years old. Now he's permanently stuck at th...