- Y/n Tsugikuni -

By ren_nobu

Be aware that this story contains alot of spoilers from the official manga. A story of how Yoriichi's unborn... More

~Y/n's Character~
Chapter 0 - The Beginning -
Chapter 1 - Hinokami Kagura -
Chapter 2 - Weakest Hashira -
Chapter 3 - Upper Moon 7!? -
Chapter 4 - Flame Breathing -
Chapter 5 - Brain Splattered -
Chapter 6 - Pass Down the Legacy -
Chapter 7 - Seething Rage -
Chapter 8 - Sun Breathing -
Chapter 9 - We Doin' What Now? -
Chapter 10 - Man in Disguise -
Chapter 11 - Improve to Prove -
Chapter 12 - Borrowed Time -
Chapter 13 - Where tf is he? -
Chapter 14 - There He Is! -
Chapter 15 - Talking to Women -
Chapter 16 - Most Prized Posession -
Chapter 17 - Solar Dragon -
Chapter 18 - Halo Dance -
Chapter 19 - What Was That For? -
Chapter 20 - Don't Play in My Room -
Chapter 21 - I Don't Make Mistakes -
Chapter 22 - A Climactic Showdown -
Chapter 23 - The Chosen One -
Chapter 24 - Past Noon -
Chapter 25 - I'm Adorable -
Chapter 26 - A Dramatic Irony -
Chapter 28 - Be Gentle With Me -
Chapter 29 - Infinity Castle -
Chapter 30 - But Nobody Came -
Y/n

Chapter 27 - Matter Over Mind -

426 16 1
By ren_nobu

Season 4 Starts Here.
-and the big ass plot twist is comin'
later in the next few chapters.
-___-___-___-___-

"..We doing what now?"

"It's urgent. if the uppermoon isn't stopped, it'll destroy the whole village with it." Kagaya explains.

"Upper Rank 5... I thought he was spotted near the Swordsmith Village too a few weeks ago?"

"That's right. Tokitou-san was his opponent, but it was reported that he fled after you slain the Upper Rank 4"

"I expect nothing less for you, Tsugi. but it's better if Shinobu joined in." The leader said, coughing up after.

"Does Y/n have to?" Shinobu asks.

Both Kagaya and the latter looks at her.
"What?"

"He's still recovering. after a horrfying beat down from an upper moon. now you're giving him another one to deal with?" Shinobu stares at Kagaya, her voice hesitating but calm.

"Shinobu, I-" Y/n was cut off.

"He's our most valuable asset, and we shall take care of him carefully, sure. But the quicker we do this, the better Tsugi-san attracts demons, the faster Muzan will come."

"That's why I'm asking you to accompany him, Kocho. Besides, wouldn't you prefer to spend time with him?" Kagaya gives a slight smile. then coughing up a little.

"I-.."

sigh

"Understood." Shinobu narrows her eyes at Y/n.

Literally everyone knows about their relationship. but in reality, They're just two friends who likes eachother and is waiting for the other to make the first move.

.

"Let's set that aside. Um, look, I'm not paid enough for any of this..-"

"You didn't get your mail?" Shinobu interrupts.

"What mail?" Y/n raises his brow.

"The mail that you get when you become a pillar. inside, there's papers and you can request how much yen-- wait did you not know this?" Shinobu asks.

"But.. my mail box is in my--" Y/n cuts himself. as he realized that it was in front his own mansion. that old, and dirty mansion that he never took care of.

-_-Major Timeskip-_-

Shinobu and Y/n walk side by side through the dark, illuminated only by a small lantern. The village is sleeping, with only a few lights in the windows, and the silence is almost eerie. They reach a small bridge that crosses a shallow river, and they pause to let their eyes adjust to the darkness.

They hear a sound in the distance and Y/n reaches for his sword, but Shinobu holds his arm, stopping him. "It's just a frog,"

"You're such a softie. Always so quick to jump to conclusions. Can't even handle a little frog noise?" She grins.

"Okay, I'm.. 90 percent sure I'm not a softie, but that doesn't mean I don't get scared. You know, I'm only human and I've seen some pretty messed up stuff."

"Ahh, you poor baby. Don't worry, I'll protect you from the big, bad frog."
Shinobu whispers.

"You're a jerk."

"And you're just a softie who can't handle a little teasing." She said.

"Just wait until I get a shot, you shortie." He teased her back.

"Don't count your eggs before they hatch, Y/n. I may be short, but I'm still a force to be reckoned with." Shinobu said, a bit annoyed.

"We'll just have to wait and see."

As they continue their patrol, they fall into an easy silence, their thoughts wandering to ahead and the possibility of finding the Upper Rank demon.

"Say," Shinobu calls.

"Remember when we first started working together, Y/n? You were so nervous and always making mistakes. It's amazing how far you've come since then."

Y/n chuckles, a little red in the face. "You don't have to remind me of that. I was a complete noob.."

Shinobu gives a giggle.
"Don't worry, you were adorable. I loved showing you the ropes. And you were always so eager to take my advice to heart."

He sighs. "Yeah, well I've come a long way. I can handle myself now, and I don't need your advice anymore.."

"Sure, you do. You would probably still be running straight into traps without me to guide you." Another tease to him.

"That's... Now you're just being mean. I've done some pretty heroic things."

They talk about it more. as she looks into her eyes and his perfect.. jawline? wow she actually just noticed it now.

"Oh yeah? You mean when you fell into the river and I had to save you?" Shinobu remembers.

"You never let me live that down, did you?" Y/n pinched her cheek.

"Of course not! It was too good of an opportunity to pass up."

"Well, at least I won't ever let that happen again." He stares forwards.

"Oh yeah? You promise?"

"Cross my heart and hope to die."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Just you wait, I'll show you what I'm made of this time around."

"Hmm, nevermind. seeing what you can do, means you'll get hurt again.
Still.. you never cease to amaze me," As they walk together, she leans to his side a bit.

"Don't you know that?" She smiled. now genuinely.

"You're a really good...friend." she continues. as her shoulder touched his.

As Shinobu gaze forward, there was a long pause. only for their to footsteps remain. the both seemingly lacking of social skills, especially to eachother now that they have ran out of things to say.

Y/n's voice was soft and low as he spoke, breaking the long pause of awkwardness.
"You're right. I am only human,"
he said, looking down at the ground.

"And sometimes I forget that. I've been through...things, and there are still times when I feel like I can't handle it all. I'm sorry I yelled at you."

Shinobu listened silently, taking in his words.

"That's what makes you strong, Y/n," she said softly.

"You keep going, no matter how hard it gets. No matter what life throws at you. It matters little if you like it or not, you just keep going. and that takes.. alot of discipline."

"I love the way you do.. things." She says, a cute grin on her face.

Y/n smiled, feeling a warmth spread through his body at Shinobu's words. It wasn't often that he felt comfortable opening up like this, but with her.

"Thanks, Shinobu," he said, reaching out to give her a light punch on the shoulder. "You're a great friend. And I'm glad I have you at my side, even when I'm being such a dick."

"Me too, Y/n. Me too," she said, her voice full of conviction.

As they walked, he noticed something unusual. "Hey, Shinobu," he said, gesturing to a cat that was watching them from the shadows. "Looks like we've got a fan."

Shinobu's eyes went wide as she spotted the cat. "Is that a cat?" she said, sounding alarmed.

Y/n chuckled. "Yes, it's a cat," he said. "What's the big deal?"

"I'm serious now. I don't like them."

Y/n looked at her, a playful smile on his face. "Oh come on, Shinobu. It's just a cute little kitty. What's not to like?" He said, as he carries it on his arms, leaning it to her.

Shinobu huffed, looking away from the cat. "I just don't like them, okay? They make me uncomfortable."

Y/n leaned in closer, as the cat touched her shoulder.
"Sure you are," Y/n said, grinning. "You're just a big fluffy animal lover at heart."

Shinobu's smile widened.
"Maybe I am," she said, laughing. "But don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to uphold."

Y/n chuckled. "Your secret is safe with me. But just remember, the next time we encounter a cat, you might not be able to resist the urge to pet it."

Shinobu scoffed.

"I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to remind you that you let my hand rest on your chest. Y/n said, his face grinning.

"Yes, well, you are a naughty one, Y/n. You've caught me off-guard with that, I must admit." Shinobu grins.

"And I bet you still remember the feeling." He says.

Shinobu turns red.
"Well, now that you mention it... the memory does still linger in my mind."

She rolls her eyes.
"You're just trying to be a tease, Y/n. Can we just move on?"

"I have always wondered... what exactly was going through your mind in that moment? Do you think you were just being nice, or was there something more to it?" He said, not letting the topic go.

Shinobu laughs. "Y/n, It was an unexpected situation, and I just wanted to make sure you were okay. There is no need to read too much into it. besides, you were the one who touched me first.."

He grins, then seeming to bump into something. Hey, Shinobu, can you reach that box on the high shelf? I think my arm's too short.

"Oh." She Jumps up and grabs the box.

"Here you go. What's in it?"

"Thanks. There's nothing in it. I thought I get to see you tip toe to get it." Y/n grins.

"You know, Y/n, one day you're going to make fun of the wrong person.." She smiles.

"Oh, I know. But for now, there's just something about you that needs to be tease with."

Shinobu rolls her eyes.
"You're incorrigible..."

"And you're still too short to do anything about it." He grins.

She pinched his cheek. "You're lucky I like you."

.

Shinobu and Y/n were in the middle of an argument where she was playfully pinching his cheek when suddenly a vase appeared out of nowhere and the Upper Rank 5 punched the shit out of Y/n.

The couple stumbled backwards causing them both to fall on eachother.

"What was that for?!"
Y/n shouted, rubbing his cheek where he had been punched.

"That was not me!" She said.

The Upper Rank 5 chuckled. "Just a little fun, hashira. I thought you could use some excitement in your life."

Y/n rubbed the spot on his cheek, a mixture of confusion and amusement on his face.

"I guess it's not every day that a mermaid appears out of nowhere and punches you in the face," he said, laughter in his voice.

Shinobu prefers to stay on top of him, but she's didn't have a choice but to get off him. facing the upper rank that they've been searching.

"Tap out, tap out. That was a.. sucker punch.. ugh, you dick." Y/n yells, standing up.

sigh

"Well, no point complaining about it now. so, what's your gimmick?" He asks.

Gyokko raises his, uh, mouth.. brows...? "Gimmick?"

"Yeah, like, Kokushibo, he was like tall, dominant and crap. what are you?"

"I'm just here to kill you-- why would I-" Interrupted.

"Hm. No doubt you're the big tough stupid one." Y/n said,

"Hey, you take that back or i'll kill you!" Gyokko clenched his, uh, fins.

"Alright, alright. you're not tough." Y/n bluntly takes it back, which confuses Shinobu.

"That's better!" The upper rank calms down.

Shinobu looks at the two.
"Wait, didn't you--"

"Give him a minute." Y/n said.

.

.

.

"Hey! You son of a bitch!" The demon gets angry.

Gyokko lunges forward and tries punching him, but rams his fist into the back of a tree. Y/n lands near him.
"Now, now. That truck is not your eating disorder."

Gyokko removes his fist from the tree.
"You're a penis!"

Y/n looks at his fish-like body.
"So long since you've seen yours that you don't even recognize one, do ya?"

"Replacing anger with humor, Tsugi?" Shinobu watches.

The pillar leaps off the branch and lands on another with Gyokko teleporting and attempts to punch him again, but Y/n had already bring his sword out and skewered his palm, causing him to scream in pain.

Y/n followed. grabbing his other hand.
"Please don't cut mah arm off." The demon kindly asks.

"No." *Cuts his arm, and he screams in pain*

-___-___-___-___-

Wheh another banger (probably) chapter.

Welp, see you next time in;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.1K 81
An alternate take of the canon story where, Tanjiro has learned Sun Breathing, the Kamado family lives, Nezuko becomes a Demon Slayer, Zenitsu master...
75.8K 1.5K 33
Y/N is one of the last dragon breather that can use each of the five elements in each form. During his journey he meets tanjiro along with zenitsu an...
8.6K 343 20
Y/N never expected this. She never thought she'd be fighting demons. No one thought she'd know the sun breather. Now here she is, sitting in the d...
68 0 15
Flora Shizen learned of the origins of her parents and technique, Nature Breathing. However, with this came the gravity of how much her original worl...