Damaged Raven

By Irish_Wolves

By: justbored21 Dumbledore was surprised when Harry Potter, the boy-who-lived, came to Hogwarts. He expected... More

1
First Morning
Lessons, meeting Snape
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
Trial
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

42

1.5K 81 17
By Irish_Wolves

The students and teachers of Hogwarts were all currently at the quidditch stadium, watching a rather exciting game of quidditch between Slytherin and Hufflepuff, Slytherin was currently winning by twenty points. The match was much more enjoyable than previous matches as they used the mirrors left over from the tournament to close up on the important bits. It also made things easier for Hufflepuff as it was harder for Slytherin to cheat. Plus they allowed more people to

"It'll be fine" Fay was whispering to Delphi as the two sat with Tracy and Daphne in the crowd.

"Yeah, Harry will be fine" Tracy added. "I mean he took on Voldemort, surely Umbridge wouldn't be much of a problem"

"What? I'm not worried about Harry getting hurt or sent to jail or anything" Delphi said "I'm worried about Umbridge"

"Okay but...why?" Daphne asked with a confused expression.

"Well I..." Delphi was suddenly brought up short "...actually you know what I'm not worried, I hope he kills the bitch"

"Really?" Fay asked "I mean you don't always approve of killing and..."

"I don't" Delphi interrupted "but the bitch played the 'mum card'. All limits are off when you play the mum card, my mother's been through enough shit without having some old, pink toad make things worse for her.2

"Excuse me." A voice called, everyone stopped talking and the quidditch teams stopped playing, they all turned and looked at the mirror screens that now showed a close up image of Harry Potter's face. "Hello, hello, helllooo! Is this working? Hmm, good. What's up bitches? I am Harry Potter, you may know me from my works such as defeating Voldemort and telling Dumbledore to fuck off. Now I am sorry to interrupt whatever nonsense you guys were currently taking part of, I imagine that what I am about to say is more important, unless your wife is giving birth...in which case what the fuck are you still doing here? Go man, go!"

"What is he doing?" Daphne whispered.

"Not a clue" Delphi admitted.

"You see, you all may be wondering what's happened" Harry continued via the mirrors "it's occurred to me that the vast majority of you are idiots, I've tried to be patient but it seems that you all need a wake up call. Which is why you will all be witnessing the execution of one Dolores Umbridge." Many people began gasping and whispering furiously.

"Well...this'll be interesting" Daphne said dryly.

In Diagon Alley everyone was frozen in their places, not because of a spell, simply because they did not know how to react to what they were witnessing. In the centre of Diagon Alley, in the middle of a pile of wood, was Dolores Umbridge who was currently tied to the top of a pole. Her face was bruised, her hair was singed and her mouth was muffled by what appeared to be some socks that were shoved in her mouth. That wasn't the most interesting or horrifying part, the eye catcher was the fact that her right hand was no longer connected to her arm.

As of the moment it was connected to her chest by an arrow that pierced through both. She was alive, that much was obvious by the fact that her face was covered with tears and she was still blinking and squirming.

Harry was currently walking in circles around the unlit pyre, he released the mirror from his hand and allowed it to circle around him, not that he could see it but he made sure it did so. He walked around, glancing at the nervous crowd as he did so. He stopped suddenly, his back facing to Umbridge, as he looked towards the crowd. On his right was a pensive, Shadow was circling above him.

"Hello" he said "you may all be wondering what's going on, I'll get to that, but there's something I'd like to point out. I was a member of the world's best assassins, just because I wear a uniform does not mean that I am less dangerous. Dolores over there forgot that." Harry gestured to Dolores "I want to make a point clear, when I wear this uniform..." Harry tugged on his tie "...this is a dragon forced to wear robes, not a dragon who's been tamed. Now, where was I? Ah yes, you see Dolores over there is the undersecretary to the minister of magic. Therefore the little pink bitch thinks she's invincible, thinks she's unharmable, thinks nobody will do anything to her.

Usually she'd be right, I mean a high up position in the government with backing form the minister himself. Most are two scared to do anything or simply lack the power, the problem is that she had decided to fuck with the wrong person. Me. Isn't that right Umbitch?" Harry said as he waved his wand and sent a cutting curse at her cheek, causing her to whimper as blood poured out. "You see if Umbridge had tried to kill me then I would've just killed her and be done with it. But she didn't threaten me, no she threatened my family. Not only did she use a blood quill on my sister, that is an illegal dark object by the way, but she also threatened to slam my foster mother in Azkaban. Why did she do this? Because the ministry wanted me.

You see Dumbledore and the ministry are under the impression that I am a hero, that I am some saviour who will jump through their hoops and over their hurdles just because they want me to. I want to make things clear right now, I am not a hero. I did not fight at the world cup for a bunch of people I don't know who figured running around in a panic was better than just firing off a few spells each. I did not fight Voldemort because it was the right thing to do, I fought him because he had trapped me in that graveyard.

Now many of you might now my foster mother as Bellatrix, supposed madwoman and follower of Voldemort. What you people constantly forget is the fact that she actually willingly went to trial, she willingly took truth serum and made a vow. You forget that she was a part of an old fashioned pureblood family that used magical contracts for marriages, you remember her use of the cruciatus curse yet you forget about potion that control people and the imperius curse. You all remember her being part of the Black family, a dark family, yet you forget about her sister who married a muggleborn? You forget about my godfather, a man that was imprisoned without a trial!" Harry shouted. Many of the crowd flinched back as if flames were about to fly out of his mouth, they nearly did as well.

"I count two members of the Black family that the ministry and British public have screwed over" Harry continued, his voice much calmer. "One is judged by people who don't know better, including two particularly long bottoms, while the other spent a large part of his life in the living equivalent of hell. They nearly added a third tonight when Umbridge took my sister in all but blood and used a dark object on her. Yeah, your chances aren't too good, are they Umbridge?" Harry said to Umbridge who whimpered again, more tears poured out of her eyes.

"You can't do this, you're the boy-who-lived!" One man shouted. He attempted to sound brave, though his voice was shaking.

"Tell me, what's your name?" Harry asked in a polite voice.

"My name? It's...it's John, John..."

"It doesn't matter what your name is!" Harry cut him off "What matters is that you seem to think that I should act a certain way, because I'm the boy-who-lived, is that correct?"

"Yes" John nodded slowly.

"Tell me John, are you parents alive?" Harry asked with a smile.

"What?" John said, not entirely sure he heard that right.

"Why don't I go track down your parents and kill them?" Harry offered "Matter of fact, why don't I come and kill all of your family and friends?"

"You wouldn't!" John blurted out in horror.

"Oh if you give me a good enough reason to then I will" Harry responded with an evil grin "I know, once I'm done killing all of them, I will leave you alive so you can have your revenge? Would you like that? Would everyone like that? Let's force John over there to fight me? How about it?!" Harry shouted, he looked over the crowd who all looked uncomfortable.

"Mr Potter, stand down!" Several aurors arrived, accompanied by Albus Dumbledore.

"You're all pathetic" Harry said to the crowd, ignoring the new arrivals. "Years ago, my father and mother sacrificed themselves. Not to win a war, not for a bunch of ungrateful and judgemental snobs and pricks, not even so I could grow and avenge them. They sacrificed themselves for me! You dare to act like their sacrifice was only good enough to get you a saviour?! Why the bloody hell should I save any of you?!"

"Mr Potter please calm down" Dumbledore spoke with his wand aimed at Harry, it wasn't as good as the elder wand but it would do for now.

"Huh?" Harry said to the crowd, once again ignoring Voldemort. "Voldemort and his little circus of psychos have been around for longer than I have been alive, why the fuck hasn't anyone done anything about it? He is a powerful wizard, I know, I've fought him. His death eaters on the over hand are above average at best! There are, what, around two to four hundred death eaters? You all outnumber the fuckers yet none of you are lifting a finger. Your lives plus the lives of all of your children and family and friends are on the line yet you all seem fine with putting your fate in the hands OF A TEENAGER!" Harry roared at the crowd. "Either that or an old man" he added in a calmer voice as he gestured to Dumbledore.

"You see" Harry continued "if you don't want to fight for yourselves then why should I fight for you? Clearly you don't value your own lives enough to put an effort, clearly you don't like your friends enough to want to keep them safe, clearly you don't love your family enough to try and keep them safe! I am sick of listening to people act like brats who refuse to put in the work yet demand me to do it for you! And now the ministry..." Harry pointed at Umbridge "...Is threatening my family, the people I love, because none of you have the effort or skill to get rid of a single dark lord nor the brains to actually do it. You outnumbered the fuckers, it was a poorly kept secret that Lucius Malfoy and other death eaters bribed their way to freedom, Dumbledore even knew who Voldemort was when he was younger and none of you put the effort in. The night my parents died you all go drunk and pissed and not one of you ever decided to check if he was really dead? At least not properly. Not one of you checked on me!

Am I some toy for you all, huh?! You throw me away and then the second the big and bad dark lord returns you want me back. I went from abusive muggles to assassins and yet you all expect me to walk, talk and act like a perfect saviour."

"Mr Potter, I understand you're emotional" Dumbledore spoke "but that is not an excuse, Dolores Umbridge will be punished for her use of a dark object and..."

"But that's not all she did," Harry cut him off "you would've suspected that the undersecretary to the ministry would at least have some mental defences. I looked into her mind, do you want to know what I found? Let's look at one of the memories." Harry waved his wand at the pensive and a memory floated up into the air for all to view.

"Quiet!" Umbridge hissed as she slapped a young girl across the face. She was currently in a dark room that was currently lit up with three candle lights, she stood with a chain in her hand, the chain leaded to a collar wrapped around a small girl, her hair was dirty and she was currently dressed like a house elf. Her age wasn't clear but it was obvious that she was younger then ten. The girl whimpered when she was slapped again.

"Is that the girl?" A voice called just as an adult walked in, a man between thirty and forty.

"Yes" Umbridge nodded "a muggle girl, do with her what you will? Do you wish to keep her or merely rent her?"

"Rent" The man answered "a night will be fine with me."

"That will be fifty galleons"

"Fifty?! For this filth!" He said, pointing at the girl.

"Hmm, well I suppose you're right" Umbridge sighed "ten muggles aren't even worth one galleon, though I do need to make a profit. Ten galleons."

"Fine" The man grunted and handed Umbridge the galleons, she took it with a bright smile.

"P...please..." The girl spoke in a quiet voice.

"Silence!" Umbridge said, slapping the girl once more before handing the chain to the man "If you damage it beyond repair then you will be charged extra next time." She added, the man grunted and yanked the chain, pulling the girl with him.

"It appears that the great Madam Umbridge has her share of illegal activities." Harry said in a disgusted voice once the memory had finished, he could see that he wasn't the only one disgusted by it "She has more in her basement in her house, some aurors might want to get on that. She's also bribed and stole and done a swarm of other things. Now, tell me people, would you let your kids risk their lives for pieces of shit like her? Why should I place my blood, sweat, tears and body on the line when the people I am helping are either not worth the help like her or too afraid to do shit like the rest of you? I mean, I've been here for a while, and you all greatly out number me. I mean if just one spell was shot from each of your wands then I'd find it hard to beat you all.

You see, Umbridge is a bitch, one that deserves punishment. You all seem fine with just prison, though then she might be able to bribe her way out, I prefer a more permeant approach." Harry turned and flicked his wand, sending a spark at the pyre. It lit up instantly since Harry had covered it in flammable liquids, Umbridge shrieked and screamed though it wasn't very effective seeing as she had a sock in her mouth.

"Get her out" One auror shouted, the aurors were beaten to the punch by Dumbledore who shot a jet of water at the flames, only he realised that it wasn't very effective. The flames had suddenly increased, they got hotter and larger, Dumbledore turned to Harry and saw the boy staring at the fire with a smirk on his face as his fist tightened.

"Mr Potter! Stop this!" Dumbledore shouted.

"She hurt my sister and threatened my mother" Harry said calmly as he forced the fire to increase in heat and size.

"We will punish her and take her to Azkaban!"

"Not good enough"

Dumbledore quickly fired a spell at Harry, Harry saw it coming and managed to dodge at the last minute. Dumbledore was ready to fire again when the sound of wings was heard and he suddenly found his vision blocked by a black mess of feathers and his face being attacked. Dumbledore quickly realised that this was Harry's familiar and closed his eyes to avoid them being scratched out. The distraction was enough for Harry to get a blasting curse that hit Dumbledore and sent him flying backwards on to his back.

"Fire!" The aurors began shooting stunning spells at Harry. Harry quickly formed a wind shield using his elemental abilities, it barely held up but managed to do so in time for Harry to finish off Umbridge. By this point his fire was at the same heat as Fiendfyre, Umbridge's muffled screams were the last thing heard form her as the fire consumed her body.

"What have you done Harry?" A horrified Dumbledore said as he sat up to look at what happened.

"She threatened my family," Harry shrugged, he then waved his wand and summoned the flying mirror to him. "listen up." Harry said to the mirror. "Voldemort, I know you're listening. Here's what I'm offering, I don't really care enough to fight you. Last time was plenty for me. You leave me alone and leave my family alone and I will not fight you. I will stay out of your little war but the second you or any of your little death eaters try and harm them then you can consider me in. I also know there will be somebody who will have the idea of attacking my family and framing the death eaters for it so I will fight, if you do this then I will know and I will come after you." In truth this was bullshit, Harry probably wouldn't know if they did a good job of it, but there was no reason to let them know that. "Goodbye people, remember to chose your enemies wisely." Harry let go of the mirror and began walking away.

"Wait!" One auror shouted.

"Oh grow a brain cell" Harry rolled his eyes "you can't arrest me and you know that. If you want to waste time then go and make friends." Harry took anther few steps and the fire disappeared, revealing Umbridge's burnt and crisp body which was now covered in more black then it was pink. Harry didn't bother looking as Shadow took the moment to shadow travel the two back to Hogwarts.

The quidditch stadium was silenced, many kids had actually puked. They looked at the burnt body of Umbridge with horror, some of them shivered and most just couldn't bring themselves to look away.

"Sup guys?" A voice said, Delphi and the girls turned around and nearly jumped in their seats when they saw Harry sitting behind them. This in turn let the surrounding people know he was back and they actually jumped out of their seats and backed away. "So...did I miss anything?" He asked only to receive a bone crushing hug from Delphi.

"Oh you stupid, stupid idiot!" She cried into his shoulder.

"If I am a stupid idiot then why the fuck do I help you with your homework?" Harry said calmly as he patted her on the back.

"You didn't need to do all that for me!" She cried even more.

"I did it for the family...also because I wanted to" Harry said "now I know there is nothing I can do that will stop you from crying so just hurry up and let it out."

"Shut up" She mumbled as she continued to hug him.

The next few months at school were rather...awkward...for Harry. At one point a first year walked in front of him, saw him and then proceeded to run the opposite direction then crash into a wall. When Harry woke up the kid, he saw Harry and got to his feet and repeated his actions. The same thing happened when Harry woke him up a third time, the fourth time Delphi stopped it so the kid wouldn't get brain damage. Personally Harry was upset with that, he wanted to just place a helmet on the kid and encourage him to go for a record. The kid was a Gryffindor as well, believe it or not.

Every person was now very cautious and scared of Harry, even the teachers. Most of them seemed nervous to be in the same room as him until they all eventually came to the conclusion that everything would be fine as long as they don't go out of their way to antagonise him. After a while the fear died down a little as they all realised that Harry wasn't going to go out of his way to kill them, but there was still a healthy amount of fear that kept them form bothering him or his friends. After all, if Harry was willing to kill Umbridge in front of everyone then what chance did they have.

Remus Lupin had returned as well, he was currently taking over as Defense against the dark arts teacher as a favour to Dumbledore seeing as nobody from the ministry was willing to do so. Harry didn't attend his class, not because the man lacked skills or teaching ability, simply because the man annoyed him and he had already harmed one teacher this year. Dumbledore tried to set up a few meetings with Harry but Harry refused to attend, when Dumbledore tried to corner him then Harry just walked away. This was his last year and he wanted to limit his exposure to Dumbledore.

Voldemort was currently sat in the dark, residing in one of his follower's home. The man was honoured to have the dark lord in his house so Voldemort didn't even bother threatening him. As of the moment, Voldemort was in deep thought. He recalled his battle with Potter, Potter was the biggest challenge he had had in a while and not just because he had only gained his new body recently. Matter of fact, if he didn't have his new body then it was likely that Potter would've beaten him.

It's true that Potter easily outclassed him when it came to physical combat, of course he did, Voldemort would not lower himself to learn hand to hand combat like a dirty muggle. If he learned to fight with his hands then his image would be destroyed, he was Lord Voldemort, master of magic, not a filthy muggle.

But even with magic he could admit that Potter was an excellent wizard, if he had Potter on his side then it would be impossible for his side to lose. However he doubted that Potter would join him, he did slay Potter's blood traitor father and mudblood mother after all.

Potter's execution of Umbridge had greatly interested him, Umbridge was not a member of his army but she did sympathise with his goals of purifying the wizarding world. Potter executed her in front of everyone and now the fear of the wizarding world was divided between himself and Potter. Potter had the right idea, show he was not to be messed with, Dumbledore always had more opposition than himself because he simply didn't have the guts to do hat was necessary.

Potter's offer rang in his head, Potter was essentially saying that as long as he and his family were left alone then he would stay out of the war. Voldemort wasn't sure what to think about this. On one hand if he simply leaves Potter alone then he has less enemies to deal with as it cuts out not only Potter but also the Blacks. Potter was probably the only person who had a chance of beating him at the moment, Dumbledore as powerful as he was did not have will to do what was necessary.

But what would happen if he did accept Potter's offer? Would his people think him weak for accepting such an offer from a teenager? Would they think he's scared of him? He was Voldemort, he feared nobody. Potter had fought him, he had nearly beaten him, that gave people hope but it was surprisingly Potter of all people who took that away. If Voldemort refused to accept the offer then people would regain hope as it meant that Potter would fight him, but on the other hand Potter had not only fought him and escaped him but he also embarrassed him, he needed to be made an example of.

"What shall I do?" He wondered out loud.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378K 10.3K 24
When he started his 6th year at Hogwarts, Tom Marvolo Riddle had viscous plans like no other and nothing stopped him from putting them into action. W...
10.6K 319 69
"Everyone know about the boy who lived and think he has all the happiness in the world ,but from inside only he knows how hard it is after loosing hi...
4.1K 182 72
Story by hoboheartache on ao3 Italics: Thoughts "Italics": Foreign language/emphasis Bold: Writing (books, letters, etc...) Explicit Archive Warning...
1.3K 36 10
Harry Potter did not have the best life growing up with the Dursleys. However, that all changed when he when he is nearly 10 and found out his herita...