THIS IS ME TRYING

Autorstwa voidstilessbae

ˋ°•*⁀➷ Luna Ugliano doesn't fit in. Like a puzzle with half the wrong pieces. Although, she accidentally find... Więcej

CAST
1: Special
2: Congratulations!
3: He Is A Women
4: A Living Nightmare
5: Kleos
6: Capture The Flag
7: The Oracle
8: Endure Fresh Shit
9: Survivor
11: Mother Of Monsters
12: Death Makes You Soft
13: Daughter Of The Sorcerer
14: Breaking Curfew
15: Witch-Bitch
16: A Message
17: The Theif
18: Strawberry Fields
19: Recruit
20: From Grandpa

10: Sacred Rule Of Three

939 38 13
Autorstwa voidstilessbae

THE FOUR had attempted to sprint away from Medusa, though they ended up in some kind of lair. Stone statues were everywhere, all of the expressions were different and insanely detailed. Some were the statues of mothers, police officers, animals, children. Luna couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, almost betrayed by a woman that seemed so nice.

"There's four of us and only one of her." Grover planned, "If we split up? She can't be watching us all at once." He paused, as the group stopped running, "Here's the plan. I'll get in the air, I'll draw her attention. As soon as you hear me say Maia, you guys start-"
Grover suddenly started levitating the air, accidentally calling upon the wings of his converse to make him levitate away.

Luna and Percy both ran behind a wooden crate, as Annabeth put her invisibility cap on which was a gift from her mother. The three had to come up with a new plan, whilst being followed by a woman who could easily turn them all into stone.

"We are not our parents, until we choose to be." Medusa's voice spoke calmly, "A daughter of a self-righteous mother, who chose self-righteousness for herself. And Percy, you could've shown your father what it means to stand up for someone you love. You could've chosen to save your mother instead of doing your father's biddings." Medusa paused, "They're leading you down the wrong path, Luna. Your mother will never claim you if you disappoint her. Imagine how ashamed she'd be when I ship your statue off to Olympus."

Percy locked eyes with Luna, giving her a comforting look even though he was terrified himself. He retrieved the pen from his pocket, as Luna watched it transform into a glowing sword.

Medusa obviously saw the golden glow from a distance, as she snapped, "Stand up. Let's have a look at you."

Percy stood up impulsively, shutting his eyes tightly as he panted with fear. Luna stayed hidden, peering over the crate to see Medusa's real appearance; more than a dozen snakes wrapped themselves on her head, hissing and moving around curiously. Her eyes were bright, and her the safety that Luna felt around her had faded. Luna's trust in the woman had gone, even though they had only met ten minutes ago.

"I didn't think this through!" Grover yelled, as he came flying towards the group before crashing down onto one of the statues.

"Now!" Annabeth ordered, as she took off her cap and placed it on Medusa's head from behind her, turning the women invisible.

Suddenly, Percy opened his eyes before swinging his sword at the air in front of him. He knew he had killed her when a disgusting squelch came from Medusa's head being sliced off of her body. Luna's heart dropped to her stomach.

"Are you okay?" Luna asked, as she crouched down to help Grover stand up. The boy thanked her, before walking over to a satyr statue, his eyes becoming watery. Luna questioned, "Do you know him?"

"He's my Uncle Ferdinand." Grover said, "This is as far as he got on his quest. We aren't even to Trenton. But look at him." He chuckled softly, "He's not like the others, he... he doesn't look afraid."

"I'm so sorry." Luna sympathised, "He looked very brave."

"He was." Grover smiled, before clearing his throat, "We should get going before it gets dark."

"What are we gonna do with the head?" Percy questioned curiously, "We can't just leave it for someone to find."

Luna suggested, "What if we set up a memorial?"

"A memorial?" Annabeth scoffed, "You really think she deserves our respect after she tried to turn us to stone?"

"No." Luna deadpanned, "But she wasn't gonna turn us to stone until you decided on a plan to run away from her."

"What's your deal?" Annabeth argued, "Why do you care about a monster so much?"

Luna warned, "She's not a monster."

"Yes, she is!" Annabeth shot back, "How are you gonna be useful on this quest if you instantly care about someone who shows you one ounce of attention?"

"Maybe because she's the only person who's understood me." Luna blurted out.

"What's there left to understand?" Annabeth snapped, "She's not even a demigod, so what else is there to know about you?"

"Stop." Percy interrupted, "I chose Luna to come on this quest-"

"Maybe you shouldn't have." Annabeth shot back, though a part of Luna could see that she wasn't saying it to be mean... Annabeth was protecting her. She continued, "Having four Demi-God's to go on a quest is dangerous. Three is a sacred number. Everything happens in threes- the Fates, the Furies, the Olympian sons of Kronos. It's a strong number that stands against danger, Percy. If Luna carries on trusting monsters, she might as well give up now."

Luna frowned, though she couldn't disagree with what Annabeth had said. A part of her thanked Annabeth, though she didn't appreciate the tone of her voice. Luna glanced at Percy for help.

He didn't have a response either, he only sighed before changing the topic, "Can we talk about what we are doing with Medusa's head?"

"Can we talk about the bigger issue here?" Annabeth retorted, "You could've saved your mother. That's what she said to you, like you discussed it already. Is your mother still alive?"

Percy replied, "She's with Hades. But I appreciate your concern."

"Guys, please stop." Grover rolled his eyes, and Luna looked at the boy in confusion. It had occurred to her that Grover had never shown any other emotion than happiness. This was his first time showing sadness and distress, which made Luna realised how deeply affected he was by seeing his Uncle frozen to stone.

"Oh, I'm concerned." Annabeth retorted, "What are you actually doing on this quest? And why did I have to hear about it from Medusa?"

"Okay, while we're at it, you should've accepted my offer?" Percy shot back, "What's that about? And why do we have to hear it from Mrs Dodds."

"Enough!" Grover snapped, "The hat was from her mother. It's the only thing she's ever possessed that connected them. That ought to matter to you!" He turned to Annabeth, "And you, really? His mom's alive. Can you imagine how confusing that must be for him?"

Annabeth asked, "Why are you talking like this?"

"Because all day I've been trying to keep this quest on track without upsetting all of you!" Grover exclaimed, "Percy, she asked you a question back in the woods, and you've never really answered. What are you so afraid of?"

"He shouldn't have to answer that." Luna blurted out, before looking at the boy, "Percy, you don't have to answer."

"Yes, he does." Annabeth argued.

"I don't know." Percy avoided eye contact, his eyes swelling with tears.

"I think you do." Grover replied, "You've been fighting with Annabeth. You've been fighting with me!"

"Because the Oracle said one of you would betray me! Okay?" Percy blurted out emotionally, "I chose Annabeth because I couldn't imagine we'd ever be friends. I chose you because I thought if I can count on anyone to be on my side, it would be you. And I chose Luna because, I don't care about the sacred three! She's my family, so she comes first." He exhaled shakily, "And now I'm feeling so alone! I don't know what to think or who to trust."

"Breathe, Percy." Luna comforted, as this moment reminded her of the times when he used to come home from Yancy crying because of something that Nancy Bobofit had said to him. Gabe would be drunk and playing imaginary poker and Sally would be at work, leaving Luna to help Percy through his panic attacks that they both kept a secret from the adults.

"Alecto offered to help our quest if I gave you up to her." Annabeth spoke, "So, I killed her sister."

"Medusa offered to help me save my mim if I turned on the three of you." Percy replied, "So, I cut off her head." He paused, "I think I have an idea."

"What is it?" Luna questioned curiously.

"Hermes Express. She ships these things all over." Percy explained, "Some of it goes to Olympus."

"Percy, you can't ship Medusa's head to Olympus." Annabeth replied, "The God's won't like it."

"At all." Grover added.

"But it's what you do with dangerous stuff, right?" Luna reasoned, "You ship it back to where it came from."

"Exactly." Percy nodded, "Like, a battery."

"This is not a battery." Grover disagreed, "This is a head."

"They'll see this as impertinent." Annabeth disagreed.

"I am impertinent." Percy retorted sarcastically.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

18.5K 503 39
Understand that the D Boys are Part of the most powerful Family mafia in Atlanta. Without the Davis ? There is no Atlanta. The story you're about to...
8.3K 233 24
"No, you are not allowed to know your name." "Obliviate." "No! Please don't do this again.. not to her at least!" "Ginny-" "Take me. Take me and l...
1M 39.6K 92
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
972K 60K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...