When Dreams Come True

By dreamerek

Can Yaman is an internationally known actor and model. His shows have had great success but he hasn't been ab... More

Author's Note
Sanem Aydin
Can Yaman
Yachts and Meetings
Destiny and Offers
Fountains and Wishes
Choreography and Tours
My Name is Sanem
Past History and Future Plans
Movies and Taste Testings
Bandanas, Fans and Albatross
Hot Air Balloon Rides and Paparazzi
Pajamas and Decisions
Author's Note
Introductions and Impressions
Future Promises and Announcements
Wine and Doubts
Opportunities and Sacrifices
Devastation and Endings
Author's Note
Tears and Revelations
Dreams and Rainy Saturday Afternoons
Reunions in the Rain
Love Reborn and Pottery Throwing
Paris in the Rain
Happy Ending or New Beginnings
Ready for Book 3?
Author's Note
Author's Note
Author's Note

Fame and Falling in Love

997 87 41
By dreamerek

When Sanem walked into the studio, she was met with applause and whistles.

Shaking her head in confusion, Baris walked up to her to congratulate her on her first interview.

Sanem, word is getting around the arts community about the newest face in dance, Baris said, beaming with pride.

Continuing, he said, My phone has been literally blowing up since you talked to Ibrahim the other day. Hello magazine wants to know if you're interested in a feature story! They saw our last performance and want to get the scoop before other magazines do. They were upset that Ibrahim had beat them to the first story about you.

What?? That's crazy, Baris, Sanem said, shaking her head. I don't know what to say.

Sanem, I'm so excited for you, Frankie shouted! Her dance mates gathered around for hugs and congratulations.

Marco just watched, smiling from ear to ear, so proud of her. Sanem, I couldn't be happier for you, he said when he walked up to her.

Sukru took the opportunity to hug her and tell her how excited he was for her. You deserve all this and more, Sanem, he told her.

Thanks, guys, I'm overwhelmed! Truly. I'm speechless, she answered, tears forming in her eyes.

Pulling her away, Baris sat her down to talk about her future.

Sanem, I want nothing more than to keep you with us but, honestly, the sky is the limit for you. You will start getting offers from bigger dance groups and I want you to know that I will support you no matter what you decide, he said lovingly.

Baris, I could never leave you; leave my team. You gave me this opportunity. You have been my mentor. Without you none of this would be happening. Loyalty is something I value dearly and I'm not planning on going anywhere! she said, holding his hand, trying to assure him.

Now listen to me, my girl. I will never forgive myself for holding you back. Do you understand? Never. I want you to fly. I want you to dream the biggest dreams and watch them come true. I want you to promise me that when, not if, but when those opportunities come, you will not allow obligation to me to keep you from achieving them. Do you promise me that? he said looking at her seriously.

Looking down but nodding her head, she answered, Yes, okay, Baris. I promise.

He kissed her forehead lightly and let her go back to celebrating with the team.

_____________________

Cappadocia was next on the Break the Wall Tour for Can and his team. It was several days away and once again, a sold out event.

Roberto, Tahir, can we increase security for this one, please? Can asked as they had dinner together. I don't want a repeat of Izmir.

Can, we follow your lead, abi. You know I don't like how you make yourself so accessible to the crowds. I'd have you behind barricades if it was up to me, Tahir said nervously.

I know, brother, I know. I have to find a balance between allowing them so much access and separating myself from them. For these tours, it's part of the trade off. They're giving to the charity to get up close with me. I just need to be more careful about being near one of you when I'm in the middle of the chaos, he said, trying to work out what was best. 

Can could easily defend himself and keep himself safe but it meant him having to be aggressive. His thoughts went back to the unfortunate event when an unruly fan, trying to get his attention, yanked his hair multiple times from behind. And of course, the only photo that the paparazzi printed, was him slapping her hand away, captioning it "Can Yaman getting aggressive with unsuspecting fans."

Coming back to the present, Can gave them his suggestion. 

The setup we had in Ankara was the best. Having them come up one at a time for a photo was the best way to achieve that balance. Let's see if the venue can make that happen, Can said, his thoughts now drifting to his beautiful Sanem, thinking about that night in Ankara.

Lifting his phone and scrolling through his pictures, he completely forgot he was not alone. Smiling as he went through them, his mind recalling all the memories. They had declared their love for another and had been spending every free moment together.

They had to be discreet but they managed to disguise him enough to have some dates out in public. It didn't matter to him what they did together but Sanem was a constant wealth of ideas. They rode bikes in the park, had picnics on the beach; other times just stayed at home and watched movies and cooked together, and always enjoying Turkish tea.

He thought about her soft, warm lips, her silky hair, her intoxicating fragrance that had grabbed his attention from the moment they met. The way her beautiful mind worked was still a mystery to him. She simply fascinated him.

He needed to ask her what perfume she wore. He would buy out the entire inventory to make sure she always had it. Smiling as he recalled that first kiss, he looked up suddenly realizing his two friends were staring at him and smirking.

Clearing his throat and turning his gaze away from them, he blushed and then chuckled.

You are so gone, abi! Roberto said, laughing openly at the sight of his big, strong, independent friend that was now completely lost and in love.

Laughing with them, Can replied, You have no idea, Roberto. I just can't get enough of her. I am forcing myself not to jump up and drive to her place right now because I haven't seen her all day. She loves me! Not my fame, just me! She's accepted all of this craziness that is my life; accepted me just as I am. I never expected to find this. Never.

Tahir said, She is definitely special, Can. My job is to protect you but your job now is to protect her. When the papers get ahold of this relationship, she is going to be drug through the ringer, you know that, right? They are going to dig into her past, her family, her former relationships. We need to keep that from happening or at least for as long as possible.

Frowning and knowing that his friend was right, Can thought about the sacrifices that he had made for his career. The loss of freedom; the loss of relationships. And now he would have to ask her to sacrifice so many things as well.

Suddenly dread came over him.

What if...what if this all too much for her? he said, looking Tahir in the eye. What if I lose her..to all of this? he said waving his hand around. I can't lose her. I just found her and I will do everything in my power to protect her.

When Roberto put his hand over Can's, he realized he had made a fist with it. Relaxing it as his friend, patted his hand and then pulled away, he nodded his head.

I know, my anger has been getting the best of me lately. I almost punched Ibrahim in the face the other day when he touched Sanem, Can said, growling out the last few words.

I saw that interview. And Can, Sanem is now in the same circle with you in some ways. Artists, actors, dancers, they all run in the same circle for the journalists. I'm hearing a lot of talk about her. It's just starting but I have a feeling Sanem is going to be getting a lot of attention soon. And that will make all of this that much harder, Roberto replied.

I need to talk to her. Soon. We need to start navigating what is next for her and how we want to handle all of this. What do you suggest, brother? Can asked, his leg bouncing nervously.

Well, if fame is coming her way, you may just want to embrace it at some point and go public with your relationship. It's better than hiding and them finding out and reporting it their way, which will always be detrimental. Getting ahead of it and putting it out there on your own terms might be better, Roberto replied.

Rubbing his hands over his face and ordering another whiskey, Can said, I'm not ready for that just yet. I'm selfish. I want her all to myself for a little while longer but ultimately it will be her decision.

Lost in his thoughts again, Can wondered if he could kidnap her and hide her away on some deserted island..

_____________________

Sanem had made plans to have dinner with her parents and Leyla since Can was going out with his friends.

It was so nice having a meal at her childhood home again. She had missed these loud gatherings. It was time to give them the news about Can and her career.

After dinner, they moved to the garden, her favorite place in the house, and drank tea.

Mom, Dad, Leyla. I have some news to share with you, she said slowly.

All of them looked towards her with interest.

You saw the interview I did the other day after the performance but more offers are coming in. Baris told me today that Hello Magazine wants to do a feature on me. He gave me their information and we're to sit down in the morning to talk about their ideas, she said, watching for their response.

SANEM! That's amazing, abla, Leyla screamed! Getting up to hug her, she kissed her over and over. I knew from that first ballet performance when you were just a little girl that you would make your dreams come true! I'm so happy for you!

Perihan and Nehat were speechless. They didn't quite understand all that was happening but they knew that Hello Magazine was popular so this was big news.

Daughter, you know I'm not up to date on such things but this seems like a big deal, right? her Mom asked.

It is, anne. They're talking about a feature story and maybe a cover as well, Sanem said, holding her cheeks in her hands and blushing.

The cover? Of a magazine? My little early bird on the cover of a magazine, Nehat said, his voice full of emotion. We're so proud of you!

She felt such gratitude as she held her parents and let their love and pride flow to her. She loved her family so very much.

Wiping her tears with the back of her hands, she told them that she had more news.

What? More news? Oh my, I don't know how much more I can take, Nehat said laughing and wiping his own face.

Taking a deep inhale in and then out, she told them about Can. Their family was close and didn't usually hold lies and secrets from each other. The day her Mom met Can, she just wasn't ready to share anything because they were still just friends.

But she wanted to tell them how things had progressed. She recounted to them about meeting him on the yacht as her Albatross, officially meeting him again in Ankara, the close calls in Italy and her performance. Watching their eyes get bigger and bigger and their mouths open wider and wider, she finished up by recounting their reunion on the yacht.

Wait..wait a minute. The guy you kissed, your Albatross is Can? Can Yaman from TV? Leyla shouted excitedly.

Yes! Yes, can you believe this? I mean meeting Can was a dream come true. To find out that he is down to earth, humble, sweet, kind. AND my Albatross. I still keep pinching myself, she said, blushing furiously.

Perihan said, I knew there was more to that story. When you brought him to the restaurant for the taste testing, it took me awhile to recognize him. Don't think I'm not mad at you for waiting so long to tell me all of this!

I know, I know, anne but I've been busy and well, we have been spending a lot of time together, Sanem explained.

Wait, hold on..you told me Sanem brought a friend to your crazy taste testing. Are you seriously telling me that you had that poor man, a celebrity, participate in your craziness? Nehat exclaimed at his wife who was grimacing.

Well, I didn't tell Sanem to bring Can Yaman, she yelled back, squarely laying the blame at her daughter's feet.

Laughing and trying to calm her parents, Sanem assured them that Can loved the experience.

You know, he was a lawyer first before becoming an actor. It's amazing when I think of all the paths both of our lives have taken to find each other, Sanem said with a smile and a look of dreaminess.

Wait, that sounds like more than just casual dating, Leyla said, sitting up straight in her chair.

It is, Sanem said softly as she heard her family gasp simultaneously.

What are you saying, daughter? Perihan asked.

He told me he loves me. And I love him. Anne, Baba, Leyla. I'm in love. I'm in love with the most incredible man I've ever met. That kiss, that moment on the yacht, the first time, made me feel things I've never felt before for any man, even Engin, she said as she she watched their shock.

Abla, more than Engin? Really? Leyla asked, her eyes wide with surprise.

Yes, much much more, she answered quietly.

Sanem, my sweet, I can't help but say that I'm a little concerned about this. I mean, he is from a different world than us. His fame will be difficult to manage if your relationship goes public, Perihan said, holding her hands.

I know, that, anne. And we haven't talked about it all yet but he's been doing this for awhile now and has promised that he and his team can keep me safe from all of that, she said, trying to convince herself as much as her family.

Nehat said, looking seriously at his beautiful daughter, I know that he probably can keep you physically safe from that for as long as he can but that's not my concern. Can he keep your heart safe, Sanem? This is a lot for him to ask of you.

Lowering her gaze from his, Sanem's heart started to feel the weight of what her family was saying. They had no ill intentions, of that she was sure. Their only concern was for her. After the breakup with Engin, she had been through a lot of pain.

She had not only lost the man she loved and thought she was going to marry, she lost herself. She wondered for such a long time if she was worthy of love, if she could trust her own heart since it failed her in that relationship, why she was not enough for him to fight for her. It had taken a long time before she found herself again and regained her self worth.

She knew that Can would never intentionally hurt her but her family was right. There would be a lot of sacrifice on her part if they were to continue this relationship. And she couldn't imagine not having him in her life at this point. She also knew that Can would never ask her to give up her dreams for him. He and Engin were so very different in that way.

Wait a minute..did you say that he was a lawyer? Leyla's question brought Sanem back to the conversation.

Yes, his dad apparently has a law firm here in Istanbul. He worked there for less than a year and realized it was definitely not what he wanted to do with his life so he quit, she said. Why do you ask?

Well, maybe because my new job is with the Yaman Law Firm, Leyla said as they all started to realize the similarities.

What?? No! It can't be the same law firm, Sanem said, shaking her head.

I need to go. I need to talk to Can, now. I love you all. I know you're concerned for me but I promise that I will keep in touch. I know what I'm doing but right now I need to be with Can, she said, gathering her stuff and kissing them all goodbye.

She called his number as soon as she got on the road. He answered on the first ring.

Hey, my love, he said seductively as he answered. I've missed you so much.

Smiling and feeling the the heaviness of the recent conversation with her family ease from her heart, she answered, I missed you too, Can. Where are you? I was wondering if we could talk tonight. In person.

Sensing that something was wrong, Can's voice changed. What's wrong, Sanem? I can hear it in your voice. What happened? Where are you? I'll come to you right now.

I'm just about to pull up to the apartment, she said. Can?

Smiling and hanging up the phone, she leapt from the car into his waiting arms.

I couldn't wait til tomorrow to see you, bebek. I had to have you in my arms. I was going to wait here all night if I had to, he chuckled into her hair.

I would have been home sooner if I had known, she said kissing him all over his face, stopping at his lips.

Their playfulness turned passionate quickly as he kissed her deeply.

Breathless, she said, Let's go inside before someone sees us.

Giving her one more hug, Can followed her inside the apartment. Calming her nerves, she made them some tea. It was always something that tethered them together.

Sitting on the sofa and grabbing her hands, he could see concern etched on her face even though she was trying hard to hide it.

Can, we need to talk, she said seriously. I told my family about us.

His heart started beating wildly as she told him about her conversation with her family.

Sanem, Sanem, wait..wait. I won't give you up. You have to understand that. I don't know where this conversation is going but you need to know that right now. I love you. I'm so incredibly in love with you. I won't give up on this, on us, he said pulling her into his chest so hard she could hardly breathe.

Can, I don't want to give up on us either. But, I'm scared. I don't want to lose you, I don't. But we have to talk about this. This is happening so fast, she said pulling away so she could see his face.

He wiped a tear from her face with his thumb as his hand went to her cheek.

Sanem, you're breaking my heart with your tears. Nothing in this world is more important than you. You have to understand that. Yes, we do need to talk. We have to make some decisions but we will do this together. You and me. I won't allow my fame, my career to come between us. Nothing else matters to me now that I've found you, he said, hoping to convince her his words were true.

I had a similar conversation with Tahir and Roberto tonight. And felt that same dread in my heart. That's why I came here. I had to see you. I knew if I could just see you and hold you in my arms, everything would be alright. Roberto told me that he's hearing rumors of more offers for you, Can asked.

Yes, I was going to tell you tonight. Baris talked to me and gave his blessing to accept any offers that may come my way with bigger and more established dance groups. He also said Hello Magazine called and wants to do a feature on me. When I returned their call, we set a meeting for tomorrow morning. They're even talking about a cover, Can! I'm still in shock! she exclaimed.

Sanem, that is amazing! I'm so happy for you. I think this is just the start of something wonderful for your career, canim, he said as he grabbed her and held her again.

Kissing her neck and speaking close to her ear, he said, I'm so proud of you, my love. I love you. We may be trying to keep the paparazzi away from YOU soon and not me!

Laughing and happy to have the heavy mood lifting, she sat back in the sofa as he embraced her.

This, right here, this moment is all that I care about, Can. You. Me. Here hiding out from the world. In our own little world, she said as she snuggled closer to him. He inhaled her fragrance deeply.

Sanem, I've been meaning to ask you about your fragrance. What is it?? he said, nuzzling her neck where it was the most prominent.

Oh, I guess I haven't told you about that yet, she chuckled. I make it, actually.

Sitting up and looking at her with his brows knit together, he said, You..you make it?? Sanem, you're about to be a world renown dancer, and at some point a bestselling author of children's book and if that's not enough talent for one person to possess, you're telling me that you make your own perfume too?

Caaan, you're too much. That's a lot of wishful thinking right there, she said laughing.

Sanem, you don't understand. Your scent drives me mad with passion; a scent that has haunted all my dreams since I kissed you on that yacht. His voice had lowered into that husky tone that made her heart beat and her hands tremble.

Stay here, Can, she said in a whisper.

Trying to calm himself as he waited for her to return, Can made a vow. Nothing, absolutely nothing would come between him and this woman. This angel. He had no idea what he had done to deserve her but he knew he would give up everything to be with her.

Walking back to him, she handed him a beautiful round black box, tied with a gold bow.

This is for you. Ever since you told me that it was my fragrance that helped you find me, I thought I would give this to you, she said.

Smiling and opening the box, he took the glass vial in his hands and removed the top. Bringing it to his nose, his eyes closed and he was instantly transported to that night. He could hear the sound of the waves as they beat against the yacht, the warmth of her skin as he touched her arms and back, the smell of this beautiful woman who had been brought from heaven above. He was sure of it.

Sanem, thank you so much for this. I will treasure it always. When we're apart, I'll have something of you to help the loneliness I feel when you're not with me, Can said, kissing her again.

Blushing red from her neck to her cheeks, she nodded her affirmation. Can! You're embarrassing me! she cooed.

OH, there's actually something else in the box for you, she said.

Looking back at it, he pulled out the beautiful parchment that was rolled up and tied with a piece of cord.

Did you write something for me, he asked as his head tilted to one side.

Sanem thought she would faint at the sight of this gorgeous man. His eyes were filled with so much love, it hurt at times. What a gift he was to her.

I did, actually. It's from my diary when I was a young teenager, dreaming of finding love one day. I re-read it in my journal this week and I realized I was dreaming of you even back then, she said softly.

Can gently unrolled the parchment and read her words with the biggest smile on his face.

If I have a boyfriend one day, we will fly together over the clouds,

If I have a boyfriend some day, we will never be parted from one another.

We will sit on the wings of an albatross and fly together for all eternity.

When he kisses me, I will know that it is him. It will be revealed that he is the one I have been waiting for. My love. My only one.

I will read this to him one day so that he knows.

He will know that he is my albatross. My only love.

Ah, Sanem, ah, what are you doing to me? he asked as he kissed her again and again. Hoping she couldn't see the tears that had built up in his eyes, he whispered in her ear.

You are mine, Sanem Aydin. And I am yours..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 1.9K 58
Sanem is a young girl who lost her parents in a car accident. Sanem and Leyla Sanem's sister, lived with their aunt and uncle for a couple of years b...
68.2K 5.2K 27
Sanem is a new detective trying to prove herself to her captain and department. Can is a world traveler and photographer who tries to help his best f...
131K 7.3K 47
This is a different type of Erkenci Kus story. The characters are familiar, but their interaction has changed from the series, and quirky funny thin...
24.8K 2.5K 37
Sanem Aydin is living her dream life in Paris, as she is about to graduate from college with the intention of starting a company and launching her ow...