Evil Reincarnated

By TheVortiger

In a world where angels and demons are at war, there's someone caught in between. Vexel, a necromancer who ca... More

The Demon
The Witch
Daughter of Lilith
Scosglen
Battles
Lilith's Deathspeaker
Mentor
Confession
Blinded
Training
Remnants
Nephalem
Blood and Bone
A Dark Art
Priests of Rathma
Darkness Uncovered
Raising an Army
Essence
Lilith
Truth in Torture
Necropolis
Blood Petals
Bathed in Blood
The Human and the Demon
Survival
Master of Life
Torture
Confessions
Advice from the Dead
Nightmares
Human
Distraught
The Undercity
The Pool
Prophecy
Partners
Dark Dance
Rycaria
Dark Request
Father
Challenges
The Sacrifice
The Priests of Rathma
Butterflies
Hostility
Mistake
Blood
Abuse

Plot

8 1 0
By TheVortiger

Arlex POV

I had been watching them from the shadows, keeping my distance if I saw Vexel. I knew he wasn't someone to mess with and I didn't want to risk him catching me.

However, being a vampire, I'm sneaky and silent. No one suspected I was there watching. The other necromancer, I didn't know her name, had stormed off. I assumed she had got in a fight with someone. Vexel and Ezara soon leave the home after her. Mazavir and some other female necromancer were practicing their skills in a clearing just outside the home. Vexel and Ezara exchange a few words then disappear into a fiery portal.

I sneak my way towards the clearing. It was just Mazavir and the other necromancer woman. I stay in the shadows until I could get close to them. I take a deep breath and form into a cloud of bats, reforming behind the female necromancer. Before she could react, I grab a hold of her. "Move and I'll turn you too." I state.

"Arlex?" Mazavir says, crossing his arms. He didn't look happy to see me. I give him a smile back.

Then I feel a strange feeling, as if something was grabbing a hold of the blood in my body. My limbs twist and crack and I scream, pain shooting through my body. My hands release the grip I had on the necromancer. She steps away and turns around, holding her hand up. She was the one manipulating my body.

"No one ever expects that." She says with a mischievous grin. She drops her hand and the grip on my body releases. "What do you want, vampire?"

I take a moment to catch my breath. "First of all, who the Hells are you?"

"None of your business." She responds, crossing her arms. "Why are you here?"

"I wasn't actually going to bite you." I state, putting my hands on my hips. "I just didn't know if you were a threat or not. Now I know you are."

"Answer Vayle's question, why are you here?" Mazavir says.

"Ezara told me to leave but she didn't say how long for." I say with a shrug. "It looks like you've gotten enough time to recover and think about things. I saw you trying out your new abilities." I give him a slight smile. "Awesome, aren't they?"

"You waited for them to leave to come out, didn't you?" Mazavir asks.

"Sure did. I wanted her to leave but I figured I'd just bite her if she didn't react well. Looks like I lost that fight though." I give a slight laugh. "Now that I know who tall and dark is, I don't really need a prime evil as my enemy."

"Try it again and I shove a stake through your heart, or whatever kills vampires." Vayle says. "You may drink blood, but I've mastered blood magic."

"That's obvious to me, necromancer. The way you manipulated my blood, that hurt" I roll my eyes. "Anyways, how are you liking vampirism, Mazavir?"

"Who is she?" Vayle says, nodding towards me. "How do you know her?"

"Her name is Arlex." Mazavir states. "Shes the one that bit me."

"If I would've known that a few minutes ago, I definitely would've killed her." She moves into a fighting stance.

"No, Vayle." Mazavir says. "She's a vampire. She'll be able to help me. She can teach me how to be a vampire without turning into a thrall."

"I suppose I could." I state with a slight smile. "On one condition."

"What's that?" Vayle frowns, crossing her arms again.

"You get Vexel and Ezara to let me join you in fighting the vampires. You see, I never liked that witch that calls herself their master. I'm itching for my revenge."

"We haven't joined that fight yet." Mazavir states. "We're still... thinking over some things."

Vayle scoffs. "Really, Mazavir?" She says, rolling her eyes. "You want to let a vampire join us?"

"I'm a vampire." He says. "What's the problem with it?"

"She'll betray us the moment it suits her. The second we lead her to the vampires, she'll turn on us. She might even be a spy for them." Vayle spits.

"Vampires might be ruthless and cruel, but we value alliances. I won't betray you as long as you don't betray me."

Mazavir frowns. "I think we should wait until Vexel gets back." He says. "I don't want to decide something they won't be okay with. We've been working together for over a year. Decisions we make should be unanimous."

"I'm surprised you listen to them, Mazavir." I state. "They would've drove me insane a long time ago. Especially this one." I point towards Vayle.

"Excuse me?" She states. "We already know who will win a fight." She growls.

"I was going easy on you. I would rip out your throat and feast on your blood before you even knew what was happening."

"Don't fight." Mazavir sighs. "Hopefully Vexel and Ezara will be back soon. I don't think they'll mind you staying. They made it my choice last time."

"What's his deal anyway?" I ask. "Do you work for a lich?"

"A lich?" Mazavir asks.

"He's undead, isn't he?" I lean against a near by tree. "He looks dead, at least."

"Vexel?" Mazavir asks and I nod. "No he's not undead. At least I don't think he is. He's a prime evil."

"He doesn't seem that powerful to me." I state, looking at my nails. "I could probably kill him easy."

"You're pretty confident. Seems you don't know anything about what Vexel is." Vayle states.

"Prime evils have been beat by Nephalem. I doubt they're as powerful as people say. Plus, if he's a prime evil, no wonder people have left him alone. He looks like he'd turn to dust if you simply touched him." I say with a scoff.

"He almost killed me." Mazavir says.

"I almost killed you."

"It was different." A dark look crosses Mazavir's face. "You only hurt me physically."

"Alright fine. I'll come back when they get back." I state. "Since your prime evil friend makes all the decisions for you." I turn away from them.

"I don't know when they'll be back. Vexel mentioned something about training his demonic powers."

"It's fine. I'll even give you time to talk it over with him." I start making my way towards the forest. I glance back at Vayle and Mazavir. They were watching me go.

"Hey, vampire." I pause. The forest was concealing me from Mazavir and Vayle. The voice didn't sound like either of them.

"Who's there?" I state, glancing around my surroundings.

A woman steps out of the bushes. "I'm Evadane. I think you and I have a few things to talk about."

I scoff. "You?" I state. She was the necromancer that was with Mazavir's group when I attacked them. "We have nothing to talk about, necromancer."

"I think we do." She states. "I'm not with the priests of Rathma anymore." She takes a deep breath. "Look, they're hiding something. I'm trying to figure out what it is."

"Oh, I see." I say, walking towards her. "You were trying to get close to Vexel so you could stab him right in the heart, right?"

"Something like that." Evadane crosses her arms. "They went to the Undercity. Where the necromancers used to live. It's below Necropolis but it's pretty much forgotten. I saw them leaving. There's something they found down there. A prophecy."

"I really don't care about any prophecies." I say, rolling my eyes. "I want to kill the vampire lord, that's my only goal. They can help me with that."

"They won't. They haven't joined the conflict with the vampires and necromancers yet." She seemed almost desperate.

"I know that look. Getting revenge on Vexel is the only thing you're thinking about." I raise an eyebrow. "But fine, I'll bite. Tell me more."

"I don't know the details of this prophecy. I didn't follow them into the Undercity. They didn't say anything else about it. I need to find out what it is. You're the only one who can train Mazavir. They have to let you join them."

"I don't quite see how that's going to help you though. How are you going to get revenge on Vexel." I pause for a moment. "Actually, I'm curious. What did the demon do to you?"

"He chose the other girl over me." She crosses her arms.

I burst out laughing. "You're jealous." I say.

"We were childhood friends. I loved him but I left necropolis to get away from the necromancers and he wanted to be one. He should love me. Anyway, we need to find out what this prophecy is so we can figure out how to destroy him as a part of it." Evadane states.

"That's pathetic." I say. "You want to kill him all because you left and he moved on?" I chuckle. "Eh whatever, I don't care. I don't much like him either. I suppose I'll help you kill him."

A mischievous grin crosses her face. "We'll make him suffer."

I pause, giving her a slight frown. "If you've got something solid planned, we better act on it now."

"Why?" Evadane asks, crossing her arms.

"There's a vampire by the name Vryko." I start. "I was watching over their camp last night to see if they'd learned anything new about Vexel and his group of misfits." I sigh. "Their leader is sending Vryko to capture and torture Vexel. He plans to use a soulstone to do so."

"Where in the nine hells did you vampires get a soulstone?" Evadane asks. "You know what?" She pauses. "Let Vryko capture him. I'm sure we can convince Vryko to let me have a go at him too."

"Knowing Vryko, he'll want Vexel's power for himself. Since Vexel is already part human, Vryko shouldn't have an issue doing so." A frustrated look crosses her face.

"Im a necromancer! His power should be mine!" I take a step back.

"Maybe we can get the soulstone from Vryko and you can do it instead. If you can either steal the soulstone, all you'd have to do is stab yourself with it. I've seen it done before. However that was Asteroth and his host died."

"I won't die to him either!" She growls. "If I can't take his power, I want to be the one to torture and destroy him."

"Shouldn't we figure out what this prophecy is first." I cross my arms. "There's no point in torturing Vexel if the world is going to end. It won't be much fun at that point. Prophecies normally aren't good and end in mass destruction."

"You're right." She says, beginning to pace. "I need to think about this. For now, keep your eye on them and Vryko."

"Alright, I'll do my best. However it won't be easy to watch two people at once." I turn back towards the camp. "Meet me back here in three days and we'll discuss what we've learned."

"Alright. Make sure they don't catch us." I just nod and head back to Vexel's camp.

"Is he back?" I ask, approaching Mazavir and Vayle. Vayle rolls her eyes.

"No not ye-." Mazavir starts, but the sound of a portal cuts him off. Vexel and Ezara step through and the portal closes behind them. "Right on time, I suppose."

"Arlex." Vexel states, crossing his arms.

"You said leave, not for how long. I want to join your little camp." I give him a slight smile.

"Fine, Mazavir could use you as a teacher. If he wishes." Vexel says and I cross my arms.

"I had a whole speech as to why you should let me join. You made that too easy." I say.

Vexel just shrugs. "I'm not the one you bit and turned into a vampire."

"Fine." I turn towards Mazavir. "What's the verdict?"

"I could use the training with the vampiric powers. I'm fine with you staying." I glance at Vayle and she crosses her arms.

"I think it's an idiotic idea, but whatever." Vayle says, walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297 7 19
The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Demon arises. The two that are one, the one that is all. Born as the sun and moon combines. Born as one i...
403 34 27
When there's no more room in Hell Demons will walk among the living and raise Hell on Earth. Heaven will fall. Lucifer rises again. This is when the...
419 20 8
Times are hard within the Heavens. There is a prophesy that claims all will fall to darkness during the coming war between Heaven and Hell. Except He...
8.7K 210 10
No Summary Yet, Rated M for Mature Inspired by DWAR and @Dragonkingblaze