𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒃𝒐𝒚 | mattheo r...

By mxriariddle

He shows up in her dreams time and time again, the pretty boy with scars on his face and sparkling eyes one c... More

author's note
1 | my creation
2 | a strange girl
3 | christmas time
4 | mystery boy
5 | this can't be real
6 | another man
7 | movie night
8 | academic comeback
9 | crushed dreams
10 | floats your boat
11 | overthinkers
12 | drunk thoughts
13 | a saviour
14 | nothing to lose
15 | my racing heart
16 | close proximity
17 | a riddle
18 | who you are
19 | checklist
20 | making amends
21 | no morals
22 | irony
23 | jealousy
24 | the kind side
25 | opening up
26 | a reminder
27 | keep quiet
28 | unexpected act
29 | secret lover
30 | only you
32 | riches and wrongdoings
33 | what's his name
34 | hands of the devil
35 | a stressful situation

31 | back soon

4.2K 105 233
By mxriariddle

Saturday 2nd December 2023
5:23 pm

Mattheo's POV

"Jack?" Jaya says suddenly, and I watch as she stands up from her seat, her eyes locked on something behind the counter, as she slowly pushes past me and takes steps towards it, stumbling on her way.

I follow her instantly, walking with her but she pushes me away with her hand. "Let me go." She says, suddenly sounding angry.

All I feel is utter confusion as I watch her walk away from me. I have the urge to run and chase after her, but when I take a step forward, the waitress who served our drinks - who kept looking at me a little too often - stops me in my tracks, appearing in front of me out of no where.

I try to peer behind her to see where Jaya went, but she's no where to be seen. "Excuse me." I say to the woman but her mouth twists into a cheesy grin and I prevent myself from pulling a face of utter disgust.

"Would you like another butter bear handsome?" She asks and my patience begins to grow thin.

"No. Move."

"No customers are allowed behind the till I'm afraid." She responds, tilting her head and looking up at me, her voice sounding almost robotic.

"Well my-" I pause for a moment. "My friend just disappeared back there so I think I should go and have a look." I say, and attempt to push past her again but she refuses to budge.

"Is there a problem here?" A large man with a full overgrown beard approaches us, the ground seeming to tremble with every step he took. I felt like I could smell his breath from a mile away.

I sigh and roll my eyes, before looking up at him, that's when I notice a wand in his hand. "Not at all." I respond through gritted teeth and turn back around to the boys, who are all stood up alarmed.

"What just happened?" Blaise asks worriedly.

"Jaya's gone." I tell them. "She disappeared through that back door I think but they won't let me through."

"She didn't look right." Nott adds. "She looked ill."

"Yeah, something was up with her." Malfoy agrees.

"I think we can make our way in through the back. Maybe she's there." I tell them and they nod, all of us making our way out of the pub that reeks of beer, and walk across the crunchy snow.

As we're turning the corner to head round to the back of the store, we suddenly bump into Parkinson and Greengrass.

"Where've you two been?" Enzo asks.

"Shopping." Greengrass shrugs. "What's up with you guys? Don't look so happy."

"We can't find Jaya." Nott tells them.

"She just texted us a minute ago. Said she's gone for a walk or something, and that she'll be back." Parkinson tells us.

"What?" I say confused. "Are you sure because she didn't look right back there in the pub."

"Uh yes I'm sure. Check for yourself." She says as she holds up her phone in front of our faces, Jaya's message staring right back at us.

jayjay🥵
hi
don't worry about me, I've just gone for a walk
I'll be back soon

"There's something not right about that." I say, rubbing my face in frustration. "I'm going to go look for her."

"Well she did say she'll be back-"

"Don't be stupid Parkinson. It's dangerous for her to be out here alone." I say coming off as quite angry, because I really am.

I continue to walk ahead to check behind the pub for a door or something, but it's a dead end. If she was here... we would've seen her by now.

"Fuck it."

me
hi yes jaya this is mattheo
this is my number
where did you go?
are you okay?
not delivered🚫

"What the fuck?"

"What's wrong Riddle?" I hear Malfoy approach from behind me but all I can think of is Jaya right now. What if something happens to her?

"My texts aren't going through to Jaya." I tell him.

"But the text Pansy showed us..."

"That's what's weird. Is her phone off? Is it dead? I don't get it."

"I think she'll be fine... sometimes Jaya needs time alone. She goes on walks a lot, I'm sure it's nothing." He tries to reassure me, but this isn't sitting right with me.

"But out of nowhere? We both know she looked somewhat out of it back in there."

"Yeah she did... she seemed upset. Maybe she wanted time out." Draco tells me once again.

"Why am I the only one who's finding this really weird?" My voice is raised slightly now, beginning to grow impatient.

"She'll be fine." Malfoy tells me once again, his eyes flickering away from me for a moment, and that back at me, but I swear I see right through his look of reassurance.

Why's everyone acting weird?

"Fine. I'll give her ten minutes and if she's not back, we're searching for her."

"Good idea." He nods, tapping my shoulder before turning back to the group.

***

5:31pm

Jaya's POV

"Good. Didn't think you'd be able to get her here. Did anyone see you?"

"No sir. Her friends will be looking for her soon though."

"Right, well then, let's get this over and done with."

My eyes flicker open, as I find myself laying on a familiar sofa, scanning my surroundings to realise I'm back home, I quickly sit up, my heart racing and then I realise who's in my presence...

My parents.

"She's awake." My mum says, and I don't speak, my eyes locked on her face... she's changed. She doesn't look the same as she used to - her under eyes are dark, her hair messy, and her face pale.

She used to be full of light.

"Sit up." My father orders me, and I clear my throat, sitting up on the sofa. I still don't speak. The fear inside of me right now is eating away at my bones.

This is exactly what happened to Jack, and now it's happening to me.

I'm going to die, I know it.

"We have a lot to talk about, don't we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 281 114
The untold story of Alyssa Potter, Harry's younger twin sister who happened to be a not-so ordinary girl from an orphanage in a small town called Sur...
13.4K 173 31
"𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫?" Mattheo said. "𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 ......?" I said. "𝐎𝐡 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥...
45.3K 1K 44
"If you think I'm letting you out of my sight again, you're wrong. I lost you once, I won't loose you again Alora. Put on the damn mask." {18+} Matth...
1M 13.2K 49
1/2 A rumor about Margot Black (or y/n) and Mattheo Riddle sleeping together when in reality, they hated each other with a passion and wanted to be a...