The Obsession | Villain BakuT...

By amyau_08

Living in a world without quirks, almost graduate High-school I was hiding his true powers from the world. Ex... More

Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 11

218 7 3
By amyau_08

Y/n POV:

Long story short, we had arrived at the wrong fucking time. The place was flooding with people trying to get a park. Some dick was right on our rear the whole time and tried to even steal our park once someone finally moved.

Mum got me to take a photo of his number plate.

But with all seriousness, the place was hectic and when I mean hectic, I mean a GyG that has just opened up. Fun little story, a GyG actually opened near the grocery store down the road. Busy? No, that's an understatement. Police had to be called to control the traffic. And we weren't even going to the grocery store; we were going to the shopping centre. More stores, more restaurants, more everything. That includes bookstores. "Mum," I said while we stepped out of the elevator. "I'm gonna go off, just call me when we're leaving."

"Ah, no, you're here to help me, not run off. Are you gonna meet up with friends or something? It better not be Josh, he's a bad influence." Her voice grew sterner by the second.

The urge to roll my eyes lingered at the back of my mind. "I'm just going to the bookstore; I won't be long."

"Y/n...are you serious meeting up with some friends?" Code: "are you meeting up with a girl?"

"Mum!" She had been good for the last few days; she hadn't even breathed the word "girl" after our little...argument. Now it was starting up again, small till it grows overtime. Like a mole or something, I don't know.

"For God sake, no I'm not meeting with anyone. Why can't you just trust me?" I didn't even let her finish and just walked off. The shopping centre was gigantic and dazzling. This place was built years back, yet it seems so modern.

This was probably the most popular shopping centre in the suburb, and no there was no reason for it to be, it just was. Funny though, how this place is well known, at least 4 stories tall and only had two bookstores. I checked the school and public library enough times to lose count and the closest bookstore was here. It honestly took longer than expected to even find one of the bookstores until I recalled one being close to the cinema and made my way here.

Yes, this was a big shopping centre.

It might seem dumb to say aloud, but reading is actually more relaxing that you'd expect it to me. But it all depends on the type of book you decide to read.

Once I entered, I didn't hesitate to go close to the "true story" section, the excluded area right up in the back of the store. Y/n, no matter what you do, just stay away from the booktok girls. There were tons of books that seemed so addicting to read. There was an autobiography from Elton John, there was Talking to Serial Killers by Christopher Berry-Dee. Heck, you know that movie called The Slenderman? I didn't even know it was a book till now.

I know that looking at the description won't give me a straight answer, which is why I always hope there is an author's note or acknowledgment. Well...I actually don't read the acknowledgments, until now.

So, there I was, a little bookworm curled up in the corner of a bookstore while reading anything connected to "warlocks". Yes, I finally found something. How funny, if you ask me, the only place that has something related to warlocks is a book I have to pay for. The library's need to get those sticks out of their arses before it actually kills them cause they don't have jack shi-

"No," I thought aloud and focused on each page, "just calm down, don't...don't worry."

While reading this book, I...was disappointed. It only had one chapter about warlocks while the rest was either magic or witches. Witches, meaning warlocks but a chick. It didn't say much besides their origin and how we don't need a magic stick. Warlocks and witches? Again, the library's aren't all so useful. This book however was very abnormal, and you can tell by its cover. The cover was leather the colour of ebony, while golden writing on the spine was drawn in tongues. The price was probably $24.00, which is so dumb. The book didn't seem to be touched, let alone cared for as it sat on the shelf to dust.

It was ancient and crippled, yet the rarest of treasures I could've been looking for.

"Excuse me? Is everything alright sir?"

"O-Oh, yeah I'm all good thank you." I spoke, looking up at the employee who greeted me. My heart suddenly leapt up, tangled in it's cords while I gazed at the worker in daze. She seemed just as shocked as I was.

"I-Iris?" I choked, getting to my feet. The blood had drained from her face, and I could see the tension along her shoulders.

"W-What are you doing here?" she hissed, those dark brown eyes out staring me like a hawk. She had her hair tied back into a bun and she wore a black polo shirt with the logo of the store. The name tag "Iris" was on the right side of her chest.

I also noticed how the blood returned to her cheeks.

"I was getting a book," I explained, confusing poking me with a pin. "Are you a new worker?"

"Wha- how did-"

"I like coming here."

"O-Oh..." she murmured, crossing her arms with a small nod. Neither of us had the courage to speak up in the silence. I'd be lying to say my face wasn't getting hot, but then again, the rosiness on Iris's cheeks only made me feel more uncomfortable. I'd walk off at this point, but...something had me tied. The thumping in my chest, this was from the embarrassment.

"Y/n, oh my- there you are!"

My gaze shot up to find Mum walking towards us. She was prepared to speak, only for her voice to get caught caught in her throat and her eyes landed between me and Iris. The look on her face was enough to tell the allegations she was fishing up. "Um...I have to go now. It was good to see you, Iris." The only response I got in return was a small nod before I quickly made my way towards th, eyes burning through the back of my head.

"Y/n...who was that young lady?" The thumping in my head deafened Mum's footstep, that I didn't even realise she had caught up to my side.

"A classmate," I grumbled. I didn't have to look at her to see the mischievous glint in her eyes. "Just a classmate?" she questioned.

"Mum, please don't..."

"Don't what?" The cluelessness in her tone was masking her true thoughts. Mum only laughed and wrapped her arm over my shoulder. "My boy has a crush? Wow I would never have guessed!"

"Don't yell it!" I hissed, furious with myself for allowing my cheeks to heat up, "and I don't have a crush on her, I barely know the chick." Her response was an exhaling of sarcastic exasperation. "Don't lie to yourself."

I ignored her after that.

Iris's POV:

"Did you know that boy?" Ella perked up once she served the last customer. Ella was a few years older than I was. Even with a part time job, she took her studies serious, now being in her second year of college. I think it was photography she was doing. She had blonde highlights that would cascade down her shoulders if it weren't for the black claw clip that held her hair back.

Ella was never afraid to swipe up a chat with anybody, being the extrovert you'd expect, making jokes to lighten the mood and not afraid to stand up to and for people. What I really like about Ella is how she is a genuinely caring person to friends and family. A ray of sunlight.

My opposite.

I don't get how we even became friends, I mean, one moment I was hired and working in the bookstore, then the next Ella uses that charm of hers to win me over. I won't lie, but I did feel uncomfortable at first. However, I didn't wanna be like the self I was at school, the kid that never talked to anyone. It's scary but I had to do something about it, I needed to stop being that...person.

I didn't want to be that person.

I gave Ella half a nod while I stretched my arms over the register. "We go to the same school." I felt like the store was my safe space. Sure, it was a small store and no, I don't like it because it was a bookstore. It's just, not many people buy books from bookstores anymore, they either by it on Amazon or just read on their phones and iPads. If you wanna buy books on Amazon, ok, but constantly being on your phone will lead to "glasses".

Proof? Little cousin is on his phone constantly.

But that's just a lesson in the future, make sure kids don't download games. Call me a future bad parent, but I'd rather be a strict parent than have a square eyed kid. Worse? They become an iPad kid.

My brow rose at the cheekiness that gleamed across Ella's face. "Do you think he's cute?" The muscles in my shoulders tense and I could feel the red consume my cheeks. I love Ella, but goodness sake. "E-Ew, no, I barely know the dude," I snapped, wiping my face to mask the heat. That only made it worse.

"Aw, you're getting shy! You always do that when you get shy, bae!"

"Is that so?" I laugh humourlessly, eyeing her. Even so, that grin of hers didn't falter, and hopefully never would. The embarrassment I held slowly faded, holding some reluctance and I turned away grabbing a full box of books. "Im gonna put up some of the stock." I stated before making my way throughout the store.

It was technically an excuse, but we didn't need our manager nagging us to do our jobs.

I stocked up the shelves, taking my sweet time knowing that Ella will continue on with the conversation about Y/n. I barely know the guy, and for all I know he could be like his dickhead friend, Josh.

I didn't want to deal with someone like that...

Confusion suddenly twisted in my stomach while eyeing one of the bookshelves.

"Um...hey Ella?" I called, returning to the register. She was fiddling with a pen out of boredom. "Yeah?"

"Do you know who bought that book? The old crappy one that no one ever touched. With the leather cover?" Mischief washed over that grin of hers yet again. "It was you're boyfriend-"

"Bye." I left her cackling. What was a better word to describe her instead of a witch? But with all seriousness, that book was...nothing, really. Many people would look at it, but never got it. Maybe cause the pages seemed so old or they'd use the internet instead. He...out of all people got it? Maybe...just maybe...

The sound of pages turning caused my body to jolt slightly. I glanced down one of the aisles to see some guy crouched down and flicking through manga pages. At first, I'd just avoid customers, but I've grown use to asking if anyone needed some help. When they say they're just looking, I'm relieved. When they don't, I'll help them, it's just that simple. The man wore a black hood, sunglasses and a pair of jeans. I couldn't really see his face well, but he was unreadable. "Excuse me, is everything alright?" I asked in my "polite to customers" voice, walking over to the man. He didn't even bother looking up at me and just held out the book to me.

"How popular is this manga?" His voice was icy, and it felt more like a bite than anything. Discomfort caused my body to stiffen.

"Don't mind rude customers," I recall Ella saying on my first day, right after I served a rude lady. "We always get them. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I become a little snarky. Please, don't ollow my example though, I don't want you getting into trouble because of me." Ella was sweet, but not an angel. I don't think anybody is. Still, I need more time to wam up to her.

That memory put me at ease, taking a deep breath and analysing the cover. MHA, Vol.5?

"Um, yes it's a well-known manga, and the anime." I don't really watch anime, I mean, I've seen movies like Ponyo and My Neighbour Totoro, but I don't want to watch those anime's with seasons. I've been debating it, but sometimes if feel like it's childish. The guy didn't respond for a moment before his response was a quiet grunt. "I see..." he placed the book back onto the shelf and stood to his full height. You know when you tell someone's age based on their height? Well, this guy looked like he was my age.

"Thanks, have a good one." I was about to say the same, but he had already left the store. What an asshole, I thought, dragging the box back up to the registers and filled it back up.

"Whats up with you?" Ella questioned. I only gave her a short and certainly not a good enough reassurance before going back to work. That guy, he reminded me of myself a little...

I didn't like it...

A/n: I hope everyone had a good Xmas and New Years. At the moment I really don't know how long this book will be anymore, ive already got a few ideas but it might be a while. I might make longer chapters. Anyways, have a good day/night everyone. ^^

TO BE CONTINUED

______________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
261K 9.4K 89
All Midoriya wanted was to visit his mother for the weekend. Instead he's kidnapped by one of the most prominent villain groups in Japan, and they go...
558K 15.5K 28
yandere bnha x female reader when y/n was 15 she dies and was given a second chance to live a new life in her favorite manga my hero academia (boku...
185K 8K 90
"It scares me", he whispered. "What does?", her eyes searched his face. "That you chose to love me out of everyone in this world", he breathed, his e...