Reborn As A Devil

By scaraderer

"Have you heard of a rumour where when a half devil dies they will be resurrected as a full devil especially... More

Prologue

Chapter 1

88 5 8
By scaraderer

When the knights heard the news of Asta's sudden death, most of them were devastated and a few numbers of them are cheering, happy that the devil is gone. But most of them are disturbed from what the civilians said about the last few words that Asta said out before his head got chopped off.

But then the black bulls found it suspicious. Why did he said 'coming back as a devil'? Does it mean he is alive or so? All of them thought in their head and so they decided to find answers, not from normal libraries but in the library in the castle and from the one who works with devils.

Nacht allowed the black bulls to follow him to his abandoned mansion to take the books that had information about devils. Meanwhile, the other third of them was finding books in the castle's library and the last few of them tried to find Asta's companion or 'brother', Liebe.

At the end of the day, they all gathered back at the base. They had good news and bad news. The good news is they found the five leaf grimoire and some information in the books from Faust family's mansion, but then it is barely any information about a half devil. Which only told them what kind of abilities they have, awakening and their personalities.

The rest couldn't find any books about devils and they couldn't find liebe either as if he left this world without a trace. Suddenly, one of the books from the Faust family dropped on the floor, just right a piece of paper fell too.

Nacht picked the paper up and read it, he is totally shocked at what he read, the others noticed it and asked what he found. It turns out to be an information of what will happen to the half devil after they died. Apparently if they live in the overworld (i forgot the word, tell me if it is wrong or correct), they will be resurrected... the rest of the words are all blurred up.

Those gave them a small glimpse of hope, but then they do not know if he is a half devil or not but then right now all they have to do now is to hope that they will find Asta and Liebe again.

_____

The next day,

With Yuno, Mimosa and Klaus, they knew black bulls affected the most, same goes to Yuno. They have decided to visit the bulls.

When the arrived at the base, they heard there are noises in the base and it was like having a party. They all opened the door and saw Magna and Luck chasing each other, Grey having social anxiety, Gauche bring him, a sis complex, as if it is a normal day for them and nothing happened.

When the bulls noticed the golden dawn trio, they waved at them which triggered Klaus.

"Don't you all feel sad! Asta just died and yet you guys act like nothing happened!" Klaus shouted at them. Then Nacht suddenly appearing from the shadows.

"Calm down, we have gotten some information about devils especially half devils. Also Asta wouldn't like so see us being so down" Nacht said calmly

He told all the information he got to the golden dawn trio and his own speculation. That gave the trio hope as well. They don't look so down anymore and a determination look can be seen in their eyes.

Nacht looks at them and smiled as well as the other black bulls members that were listening to them the whole time.

All of them have set their own goals and starting to train themselves stronger. People wouldn't see the black bulls differently and they can be looked up to. On the other hand, Yuno decided to train stronger so he could be the wizard king to fulfill his and Asta's dream.

____

In a random place where the sky is purple, clouds are purple, the ground has odd colour soil instead of the normal dark brown soil. Creatures with tail, horns and wings roaming around the land either aimlessly, being targeted or chasing their prey.

But then in the middle of nowhere it reveals that a white hair creature coated with a black mass around his body till the neck is sitting on the floor, hugging his legs. It has a male anatomy, a pair of horns, a pair of wings, a tail, markings on its face, pointed ears, razor sharp teeth and a pair of red eyes with slit like pupils. It's appearance represents a devil.

The devil show no interest in anything happening around its surroundings, not even bothered by the noise of begging for help or begging not to be hurt by the other devils.

His eyes are looking at a far distance, its face showing no emotions as it is deep in its thought. That maintained until a devil that is a few times taller and bigger sized than it interrupted his thought.

"You look small and weak. I have not seen you here before... perhaps are you new here?" The devil mocked but that devil got ignored by him which angered it.

"Hey, I am talking to you here! Are you deaf or what! You know what, I don't even care anymore. It will be fun if I just beat you up or even killing you." The devil smirked as it raises up its hand, ready to strike its hand on him.

But then to that devil's surprise, its hand was actually caught when striking down. But not by him, it was stopped by a familiar devil we know, the one that has been disappeared along with Asta since his death.

Yes... it is our cute and beloved Liebe, usually he doesn't really care much about the world but not when someone hurts his precious mother figure's son. He wants to protect the son at all cost even after what happened to the son recently.

Liebe let go of the devil's arm then he kicks in the devil's face. The kick is so strong which made the devil stumbled a few steps back. "Don't you dare to lay your finger on him! This is a warning, one more time and you are really dead" Liebe growled, you can see Liebe with an extremely pissed face looking at the devil.

The devil growled, it glared at them and left. Liebe turned around and told the one who is still sitting down. "Come on, you can't be like this forever. They wanted to save you but they were stopped by the royals who threatened them if they save you, Asta."

And also yes the one that is sitting down is Asta. Not long ago he found himself in the underworld after his... um... well... death... He has been wondering why his friends and comrades did not save him although deep in him knew too well that the royals stopped them to save him but wasn't convincible enough. He just have to trust them while trying to find a way to get out.

Before Asta can actually tell Liebe not to worry, the devil was back to attack both of them once a again. This time they can't react in time, they just prepared to get hit from the devil's attack.

Luckily for them, another devil stopped the devil that was attacking by cutting the arm of that devil. Then stabs his hand through the devil's body, within the second the devil had a shock on his face before it dispersed into nothing.

The other devil looked at both Liebe and Asta and asked worriedly "Are you guys okay? Both of you seem new here, I feel bad for you to face this kind of thing as a newbie."

Liebe looks up and down to see if the devil is a threat to them. He did not feel any intent to hurt them and relaxed a little bit still being cautious. "We are fine, we just found out we were here a day ago without knowing what happened." He answered and asks the devil for his name.

The devil did a self-introduction of him where his name is Abbadon, he was a mid-ranking demon until the underworld doesn't do any rankings anymore after the high ranking demons and Lucifero died. They thought it would be the best to not split themselves into ranks so they would not risk getting targeted although it still represents their power.

Liebe then did an introduction for both Asta and him. But he did the bare minimum to not let Abbadon know too much about them and not find their weakness and target them.

After that Abbadon filled them in about the rules of the underworld where you die by not killing anyone to protect yourself or kill those who will harm you or going to harm you. The devils usually seek for the new devils as their victim as they do not know how it works here. And for the half devils who died, they will be reincarnated as a full devil for their 'second' life.

That made the non-blood related brothers wonder if Asta's other parent is a devil and himself is a half devil. But it explained why they are in the underworld. After the long explanations, Abbadon decided to bring them under his protection and teach them how to survive in the underworld.

They did not know that this is the start of everything where it goes downhill...

At first Abbadon taught them how to protect themselves from other devils and the living there, basically the basic survival in the underworld.

Asta slowly trusts Abbadon and starts to follow what he does. Meanwhile Liebe soon felt that Abbadon seemed like he doesn't have any good intentions for them anymore and wanting to use them for his own good. Liebe kept his distance from Abbadon, sometimes he wants to escape from him but Asta is blindly trusting Abbadon. He has to stay with Asta to protect him until if he is at his limit.

About months later, Abbadon suddenly called both of the brothers to an empty place where there doesn't have any creatures around them. Abbadon suddenly raises up his hand to form his ice magic.

"I have taught both of you most of the basic survival down here. Now i have realised both of you are getting stronger and stronger where it is very much a threat to me. I have to eliminate you for good!" Abbadon made his ice magic to a dagger to attack both of the brothers.

Asta was stunned, he couldn't believe the one that taught him the basics in the underworld betrays him and tries to kill him. His mind couldn't process the betrayal once again. This was his 3rd betrayal so far he could remember. (Genshin fans... this sounds familiar doesn't it)

When he came back to his senses, he saw Liebe protecting him from Abbadon's attacks. "HEY ASTA, YOU HERE?! WE HAVE TO FIGHT HIM! NOW ISN'T THE TIME TO THINK!" Liebe shouted at him. At this moment, Asta understood if they don't kill Abbadon, they will get killed.

Suddenly, something inside him has awakened. Yes, it is his magic... all 3 of them did not expect that, especially his mana felt like the amount Yuno has, or more than that.

Abbadon was shaken due to the amount of magic he suddenly felt, fear overcame him, his body was shaking and trying to tell him to run. While Liebe felt the air was tense and heavy when Asta awakened his magic. It felt like the gravitational magic that lucifero uses, the pressence of demon king.

Asta was shocked, everything just happened in a short time. He now has the resolve to kill Abbadon.

____

He sat down on the floor, he took a deep breath where he had to calm himself down. What happened was a blur to him. He killed the devil that took him under his wing and the another devil he trusted other than his non blood related brother.

Him being betrayed so many times only made him understand that. He couldn't trust anyone anymore. Once again, he doesn't talk much, rather keep quiet than talking, staring in space when he is deep in thought. He started learning how to use his magic and controls it. To him, it is easy to master it.

What magic does he use? Well...... it is copy magic. unlike ryia's copy magic, it doesn't require to touch a grimore. It just copies it based on the looks of the magic itself or made out from what the user has seen from their memory.

Those are the obvious changes after the incident happened. But when time passes, Liebe found out that Asta is getting more violent, cruel and sadistic. Most likely is because of the environment at the underworld.

One day Liebe finally couldn't take it and he just releases all his anger out, both of the brothers had a fight as in arguing. It did not end well... so Liebe have decided for the best of them, he should leave Asta's side for his own good as well as not getting involved with.

Deep down he did not want to leave Asta but he has reached his limits. He wants to help asta by stopping him. And so, Liebe has decided to leave the underworld once again as he is magicless and could pass through the gate. He now has the resolution to find the black bulls and help them.

To Asta, he did not care about it anymore. Though he did feel angry, but he feels numb. He did take that as his fourth betrayal in which he misperceived. The longer he stays in the underworld, he only feels the negative emotions.

Its been almost half a year since he is at the underworld, he slowly grown hate towards the clover kingdom, especially the nobles, his memory starts to get blurry. What he remembered was the betrayals and some moments with black bulls, other than that was either been forgotten or blurred.

Now what he wants is find a way to pass through the gate, he wanted to erase the existence of nobles so badly. But now he has to wait till the opportunity to pass through. That's how the demon will be getting his revenge towards the Clover kingdom.

___

Both of the brothers has their own goals to accomplish and both of them will get in each others' way...

A/N: I've finally finished my studies for high school. I will be having the time to write fanfics again. I was complaining why people aren't updating because I'm bored and I'm one of em who doesn't update at all haha...

Tell me which book should i update next. Cya ;)

Continue Reading