Recovery

By Laughingwolf78

Twenty-two year old hero Izuku Midoriya has been severely hurt by a villain attack. It's left him battered an... More

1. Mood
2. No
3. Pity
4. Hand Out
5. Memories
6. Admissions
7. Tension
8. Signs of Strength
9. Rough Day
10. Frustrating
11. Day Out
12. Morning Talk
13. Signs of Hope
14. First Step is the Hardest
15. The Final Push
16. Spoken Truth
17. Motivation
18. Date Night.
19. Progress
20. Qualified?
21. Visit
22. More Progress
23. Savior
24. Side By Side
26.The Wait
27. Set Back
28. Show Me
29. Testing the Limits
30. Always a Hero
31. What Moves Me
32. Welcome Home Wonder Duo

25. Worried

1.6K 110 59
By Laughingwolf78

The next week has flown by so fast that Katsuki feels like he blinked and missed it.

Once Izuku had another appointment with Dr Mori telling him he wanted the surgery things flew into super overdrive.

Izuku had blood test, heart scans and x-rays and a slew of other test to make sure he was cleared for surgery. He had countless consultations with specialists telling him how the process would go and what to expect afterward making sure that he was comfortable with everything that would be taking place.

Katsuki was right by his side through every single appointment, listening carefully making sure to ask more questions than Izuku had and barking orders of his own to be sure everything would go as smoothly as possible for the best outcome.

Now in some sort of warped speed it's the day of Izuku's surgery and Katsuki Bakugo, the current number one hero who is normally not scared of most anything is standing in the waiting room while they prep his boyfriend for surgery is experiencing small waves of absolute terror that he refuses to let show even though his very core is shaking and he feels like he might vomit everything he has ever eaten any minute all over the white hospital tile.

The blonde is leaning back on the large hospital window, arms crossed, seriousness etched across his features. He might be able to hide his feelings to most, but a raven-eyed teacher who had watched the hero closely since he was his student can see right through the facade.

Aizawa sighs as he walks over to the blonde with his hands in the pockets of his black jumpsuit.

" He'll be fine Katsuki, Izuku is a strong kid."

Crimson eyes meet the underground pro heroes.

" Yeah, I know."

" Dr. Mori is extremely capable of this type of surgery and has performed them several times with great success."

Katsuki gives him a stren look.

" Yeah well, he hasn't done this surgery to my boyfriend before and all I can say is that for his sake there better not be any complications or he and his career end today. Fireblast will hit him so fast he won't fucking understand what happened and no doctor on the face of this earth will be able to put him back together again. So like I said, I hope for his sake he's on his game while he has my everything cut open in there."

Aizawa almost smiles at the words just spoken, the words that tell just how much Izuku Midoriya has always meant to the brash, bold blonde who had always kept his feelings inside.

The Pro nods.

" I understand your concerns Bakugo, but let's keep a positive mindset and think how important this will be if it helps Izuku walk again."

Katsuki says nothing only gives a slight nod as Aizawa pats his shoulder.

A new voice suddenly pulls the blonde hero's attention quickly.

"Mr. Bakugo? You can come back and see Mr. Midoriya before his surgery if you would like.", a nurse with a pleasant smile says as she steps into the room.

He follows her immediately without another word.

He's led back into a small prep room where Izuku is resting on the stretcher waiting for his turn in the operating room. He smiles immediately when he sees his boyfriend.

" Hi Kacchan! Well, it looks like I'm all set to go next."

Katsuki smirks with an ache in his chest seeing the greenett in his hospital gown hooked up to IV ports, surgical hairnet over green locks. Light brown compression socks covering his feet. He walks over and takes a seat on the stool beside the bed.

" Sure as fuck hope so, you can't be going anyplace else looking like this.", he teases making Izuku laugh softly.

" I guess I do look a mess huh?"

Katsuki smiles shaking his head.

" No nerd, I don't think that at all. Still cute as fuck which is annoying me to no fucking end.", he grins again making soft laugh break through.

" Sorry", Izuku smiles.

The blonde takes a scarred hand in his.

" You should be, I have fucking cute aggression from growing up with you, it's an actual problem Deku.", he smirks.

Izuku giggles and the sound lights up something inside the blonde hero that almost makes him emotional.

Green eyes meet crimson then shift to the blonde's large hand that's holding his.

" Thank you for trying to lighten the mood. I .. I know you probably can tell that I'm a little nervous.", Izuku says softly.

Of course Katsuki knew, of course he could tell all night long by the restlessness of the greenett next to him. He could tell this morning when Izuku kept tapping his fingers, he knew in the car when his boyfriend suddenly couldn't stop talking about the color of the car in front of them which was nothing more than a light shade of silver. Katsuki has known Izuku a long time and in ways that no one else will ever know him, so of course he knew.

He clears his throat with a smile.

" Yeah I noticed, it's alright to feel that way Deku this is a big deal."

Izuku smiles but as he does a tear slips from his eye causing a deep ache of concern in the blonde hero.

Katsuki leans over wiping the tear away quickly.

" Oi Deku, what's wrong huh?, he asks in a tone so soft even he's surprised.

Teary sheepish green eyes meet worried crimson.

" It's just... remember when All Might use to tell us that even Hero's were scared sometimes?"

The blonde nods.

" Hell yeah I remember, I remember like it was yesterday. Why?", he questions though he thinks he has the answer.

The greenett sniffles wiping his eyes.

" Well, I.. I guess I am kinda scared about this."

The blonde's heart aches as he leans down closer to a fair face.

" Deku, remember what else All Might told us? That it's ok for Hero's to be scared? That you can be scared or nervous about something but still be brave. Izuku, you are one of the bravest humans I fucking know. It would be weird if you weren't nervous about this."

Katsuki watches his boyfriend smile as he wipes his eyes.

" Yes, you're right Kacchan, I'm just being silly."

The blonde shakes his head.

" No, you're being human Izuku. But I'm going to say this once, if you don't want to do this, you can call the whole thing off and I will take you home right now and we'll just keep doing what we have been. This is your call Deku, just know that whatever the fuck that call may be its the right one and I'm right behind you all the way."

Izuku feels pride and love at the same time for this amazing hero he gets to call his own.

He grins finally, feeling a confidence only Katsuki can pull from him.

" Thank you for everything you just said and I'm going to do it Kacchan. I've got to try and as long as I know you're supporting me then I know no matter what happens, everything will be alright."

Katsuki smiles, the feeling swimming in his chest is a whirlwind of emotions that he tries to keep under control.

He leans over without another word and kisses Izuku gently running his thumb over the freckles he's always loved.

" I love you Deku. You got this shit, I'll be right here when you open your eyes to face whatever comes next."

Just as the words leave his mouth the nurse and Dr. Mori come in.

" Hello Hero Deku! Everything is all set and ready so we will be taking you back now. Are you ready?"

Green eyes meet crimson seeing Katsuki wink with a slight smile.

Izuku grins.

" Yup! I'm ready, let's do this."

The nurses smile and begin to push his hospital bed out of the prep area for surgery.

Before the Dr can leave the blonde hero stops him with burning crimson eyes.

" I know you remember everything I've said. You better treat him like he's the most important thing to walk this fucking earth because he is. You better do this surgery like your life depends on it because it does. I know this isn't a guarantee but he better not come out of this any worse than he was going in or you'll have to worry about this hero becoming your villain."

Katsuki tucks his hands in the pockets of his jeans without another word just a glare of warning as he leaves the room and heads for the waiting area.

As soon as the blonde walks out into the waiting room he's met with the anxious eyes of three of his friends.

" How's Mido??!"

" Yeah man, he ok ?! How long will this take?!

" Do you think it will work?! Is he excited?!"

Katsuki rolls his eyes.

" Tch. He's nervous, wouldn't you be?! Yes, he's alright, they just took him back and they said it should be about a three-and-a-half hour process. I don't know if it will work but I fucking hope so and like I said he's nervous."

Suddenly those crimson eyes catch the sight of green ones that look just like the ones he loves.

" Excuse me extras, I'll be back."

Katsuki makes his way to Inko who smiles and hugs the large hero.

" Hi Auntie, they just took him back."

She nods looking up at him.

" Yes I got to see him a few minutes before they went to get you. Oh Katsuki, I'm so nervous about all this."

He sighs taking her hand and walking her to one of the seats for her to sit. He takes a seat beside her.

" I know, I understand, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous too but he's going to be fine, I'll make sure of that no matter what the outcome is."

She smiles bright even with tears in her eyes.

" I'm so happy you came back for him. I'm so happy he has you. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel."

He blushes slightly then kisses her cheek patting her hand.

" He always had me, he just didn't know it.", he smirks.

She chuckles at him.

" That works both ways you know."

He laughs just as his mother walks up to the two.

" Sorry I'm late, Hi brat, you ok?", she ask hugging her boy when he stands.

He nods at her.

" Yeah, I'm ok. Stay with Auntie, I'm going to go out and get some air, hate the fucking smell of the hospital."

It's more than that though. He hates the nervous pit in his stomach. Hates the way he feels so damn unsteady on his own feet, hates not knowing what exactly those Dr.s are doing to his Deku right at this moment, hates that he isn't sure what the outcome of this will be or how far back it might set Izuku if it doesn't work after he's come so far in his recovery.

Back in the waiting room he told Inko he was nervous too but truth is he's terrified, terrified of something happening to the only person on this earth he has ever loved.

Katsuki has faced many villains over the years. Some of those battles were rough, some he came close to losing his own life over, some landed him greatly injured and he has the scars to prove that but nothing has ever placed fear in him like the thought of something happening to Izuku that might take him out of his life or something happening that he can't fix.

He leans back on the brick outside closing his eyes as he feels his gut twist with worry.

Crimson eyes open as he glances down at his watch.

It's only been about thirty minutes since they took Izuku back and out of his sight and all he knows right now is that the next three hours are going to feel like three years.

A/N

Happy New Years Guys. ♡

Our tale continues ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
1.1M 30.2K 39
RANK #1 IN BAKUDEKU ON 12.4.22 🍓 Izuku Midoriya is just a useless kid without a quirk. Bakugo Katsuki is a ticking time bomb aiming for the top. W...
253K 10.3K 51
Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his musical talent is not limited to just the...
D.E.K.U. By Kelly

Fanfiction

657K 30.1K 48
Izuku Midoriya is a small and vulnerable quirkless boy, someone that needs to be protected from bullies and all the other dangers of the world. At le...