A Rose by Any Other Name Llo...

By bbsmoltz

Y/n is Arin's older sister. After the Merge she's the only family Arin has left. When Arin and Sora get taken... More

The Merge: Part 1
The Merge: Part 2
Crossroads Carnival
Beyond Madness
Return to Imperium
Mindless Beasts
I Will Be the Danger
The Calm Inside
The Battle of the Second Monastery
The Temple of the Dragon Cores
Gangs of the Sea Part 1.
Gang of Seas Part 2.
Gangs of Seas Part 3.

Writers of Destiny

1.1K 29 10
By bbsmoltz

Y/n's POV...

Everytime I we're on the ship I tend to watch as the world go by from the air. Lloyd is always steering and Kai and Nya have stuff to catch up with him on. Arin is doing who knows what besides checking on Riyu, and Sora is working on her mech.

"Saving a kingdom of magical mud-eating rock monsters will do that." Lloyd said. 

"Yeah, it seems so." I said agreeing with him.

"So your telling me this dragon, like, 'sparks' or something then Sora can use her powers?" Kai asked making sure he's right.

"If I even have a power. It might be all Riyu. You saw how he powered up that mud field." She said trying to deny the truth.

"We've talked about this, you have a power. Riyu just, 'soups it up'."

"Really? Soups it up?" I asked.

"Yeah um, Lloyd I don't think that's how dragon's work. Is it? That's weird right?" She asked.

"I'd say so." I said.

"And besides everything has been weird since the Merge happened. As far as I know, no one's ever taught themselves Spinjitzu before. But then the Merge happened and well-

"Wait, wait wait. You learned Spinjitzu by yourself? No Master Wu morning breath?"

"We told you that earlier." I deadpanned.

"Well, I must have forgot." Kai said defending himself.

"It's a shaky, basic version of Spinjitzu." Arin said trying to be modest.

"But it's still better than any of us did starting out." Lloyd told him.

"I was just trying to figure out all the moves I'd seen you do. I'm kind of a ninja fan."

"Kind of? I watched you try and learn their moves from sunrise to sunset before the Merge!" I said.

"Yeah, he even once asked the barber to give him 'The Zane'." Sora said.

"Yeah, that didn't go well." I said. 

"Of course not." Kai said. "He should have asked for, 'The Kai'." He was touching his hair trying to prove his point.

"Please, you shouldn't get, 'The Kai'." Nya told him. Lloyd quietly laughed behind her. "And you think this is all tied to these Mergequakes?"

"Maybe." Lloyd said. "Mergequakes are like aftershocks of the original Merge. Where two Realms try to occupy the same space. Elemental powers shut them down but they're happening more offend."

"That's why I went searching for more help." Kai said. "If we don't stop these Mergequakes, they could destroy everything."

"Wow, so we really have our work cut out for us when we get back to Ninjago city." Nya said.

"I dunno if you do or not. But, one thing is for sure... You guys will find a way to stop this working together. That I have no doubt." I told them.

"You seem weirdly wise for being our age." Kai told me.

"I was abandoned when I was five by my biological parents and taken in by Arin's when I was eleven. I think I know a thing or two about things in life."

"Wait, your biological parents abandoned you?" Nya asked.

"Yeah, I was technically on the streets for six years. But I don't like talking about it very much." I told them.

"Yeah, I can vouch for that." Lloyd said. "Not to change the topic, but there's a city up ahead." 

"A city?" Sure enough a city came into view. It was beautiful. "Whoa, it's beautiful."

"The Cloud Kingdom." Kai said.

"Why wasn't this here on our way out?" Sora asked.

"It's a floating Kingdom. Maybe it drifted into our path?" He didn't seem entirely sure.

"Looks relaxing here." Arin said with a sign. "I could get used to this." 

As we got closer I could feel something off. Which was kinda strange all things considered. "Anyone else feel that?" Kai asked looking at me.

"Yeah, what is it though?" I asked.

"Relaxation is cancelled!" Arin yelled making me look up and notice a building about to fall. We moved out of the way just in time so we wouldn't be fully crushed. It still hit the side, making me lose my balance and fall off the ship. I held onto rope.

"Y/n!" Lloyd shouted. 

"I've got her!" Nya said coming over to the side holding out her hand to me. I reached up and grabbed her hand. She pulled me up and I signed out a breath of relief. 

"Thanks Nya."

"No problem." 

"Sorry Y/n, I tried to get us out of the way." Lloyd said appoloigizing to me.

"It's okay, maybe I should stay away from the edge of the bounty more so then that doesn't happen again." 

"Help!" I looked up. Oh no, they need help! Kai and Nya used Spinjitzu to get up and help the people who were hanging on for dear life. It didn't go well. They fell when the building crumbled a little bit more. 

Arin's grappling hook went through the air and he went and got them, all of them landed on the ship safely. 

"Way impressive Arin." Kai said praising him. "Very ninja."

"And Kai rarely admits being to being impressed." Nya said.

Lloyd made his way over to us. "What's happening here?" He asked.

"The beast is smashing everything! How was this unforeseen?" the girl said.

"A beast? Unforeseen? Is anyone else confused?" I asked.

"They think they can predict the future. Or write it anyways." Nya said. 

"Oh."

"But, what beast are you talking about?" Nya asked.

"Ah!" Kai yelled suddenly on the floor on the deck. We turned around. Tentacles appeared, and I ran to the edge of the ship.

"Their's a creature coming out from a portal!" I yelled to them.

"Oh, that one." Nya said disappointed.  

Lloyd started to move the ship and I backed away from the edge as soon as possible. "Still want to know more about the Mergequakes Nya?" Lloyd asked. "Today's your lucky day. This monsters Realm is merging here."

Two dragons came out and tried attacking it. The creature hit one knocking it down and then hitting down the other.

"There are dragons here?" Sora asked.

"They came over from one of the lands we crossed over here." The girl told us. "They thought this was a safe place to live."

"I wonder why." I muttered.

"Everyone! Save the people. I'll try to close the Mergequake." Lloyd pulled over and we all got down. Sora had to get her mech working first before joining us. 

I began to ran and pushed people out of the way when one of the tentacles came down. "Come on, we need to get you guys to safety." I told them. They nodded and ran.

"A fireproof monster?" Kai asked. "I hate fireproof monsters!" He whined.

"Whine later, help now!" I said.

"Prepare to be impressed again Kai!" Arin said as one of the tentacles wrapped around him. "Nevermind!"

"Arin!" I yelled. Soon it had Sora too. "You've got to be kidding!" 

"It doesn't seem to be joking." Kai told me.

"I can see that!"

"Yeah, and this went to bad to super bad!" Kai said.

"Lloyd! Don't close the Mergequake!" Nya yelled.

"Have you lost your mind? I need to close it!" Lloyd yelled back at us.

"Not yet!" 

"It has Arin and Sora!" I yelled.

"We can't hurt this thing. But we can force it back into the Mergequake, right?" Nya asked Kai. They both left to somehow put it back through. I honestly had no clue how to help in this case scenario.

They kept hitting it, getting it back through the Mergequake little by little. "It's working! If the creature's near the merge when I close it," I jumped back up onto the ship next to him. "I think it can get pull back into it's Realm!" He called out to them.

"That's good, I'd hate for someone to get really hurt." I really hoped they could pull it off.

"I'd hate for that to happen too." He began to used his power on the Merge once again. Soon enough it let Sora and Arin go.

I jumped up and clasped my hands together, "It let them go!" 

"Good then let's get it back into it's Realm." Soon enough it was back in and Lloyd closed the portal with Kai and Nya's help to close it.

I kissed his cheek, "Good job Sweetie."

"You did good too Babe." he told me.

"I barely did anything." I told him.

"You helped get people to safety, that's really important."

"He's right, it really is." Nya said. "You helped a lot of people. We all did."

"Yeah! And way to go us for it!" Kai said. We heard the dragons from earlier. They were back in the air and flying around the city. Lloyd went back over to the wheel and steered us over to a safe place to land. 

After landing on the pavement Lloyd looked at Kai and Nya. "This is pretty far out from the original Merge for a Mergequake."

"So they're getting far worse and happening in more places." Nya said putting it in easier terms. "Just like you were afraid of."

Lloyd nodded and put his arm around my waist. "Master Wu was studying the Merge before it happened. He called it the 'coalescence' or something. He had a ton of scrolls about it." 

"Great! Then we just use them to figure out how to stop these things." Nya said looking happy.

Lloyd looked down, "Not great. Most of his scrolls, and his notes were lost in the Merge."

"Oh." Nya signed.

"Listen, King and Queen buzzkill, and King buzzkill's girlfriend. I'm gonna go talk to these Cloud Monks. I'm sure they're dying to tell us how awesome we just were." Kai said proudly.

"How does such a big ego fit inside such a small mind?" I asked.

"Hey!"

I decided to play dumb, "Oops, did I say that out loud?" 

"Yes, yes you did." Kai seethed.

"I like her." Nya said.

"Me too." Lloyd said.

"If you didn't I'd be concerned." 

"Whatever, let's just go guys." Kai turned around and started walking. Lloyd, Nya, and I followed him. 

"Hello, fabled ninja." One said walking towards us. "I am Suetonius, the current Master Writer of the cloud Kingdom. And your welcome." 

What does he mean your welcome? We just saved them from being Merged. "Is this opposite day? Who's thanking who?" Kai asked.

"Yeah," Sora started. "The ninja saved everyone while you all stood here, writing." 

"Of course," Suetonius said trying to be reasonable. "Because here in the Cloud Kingdom, we are the Writers of Destiny." He cannot be serious, can he?

Kai groaned, "Oh, right. I forgot. In the Cloud Kingdom, they believe everything they write in their scrolls is immediately what happens in real life."

"Not belief," Suetonius corrected. "Fact. I instructed my scribes to write that you would be victorious, and you were. Fact."

"Why doesn't that sound quite right?" Sora asked.

"Because it's not. That's not how it works." I told her.

"And how do you think it works?" Suetonius asked me.

"We all decide what we do, that's how it works." 

"Yeah, and The Cloud Kingdom claims they're responsible for fate, but when they write something that doesn't happen, they ignore it." Lloyd sounded annoyed.

Suetonius looked proud, "I must admit that, on occasion, that events somehow manage to defy destiny. But that is exceedingly rare."

"You have an exceedingly large ego, possibly bigger than Kai's." I stated plainly.

"Ha ha, thank you, but it is just a fact." Suetonius told me.

"Can you write my parents to come back?" Arin asked hopefully. "They were lost in the Merge."

"Sadly no, my son, because-

"Let me guess," Lloyd interrupted him. "The Merge 'defied destiny'."

"The Merge did catch The Cloud Kingdom by surprise, like it did everyone else. But I've instructed my scribes to write that a Mergequake like w just experienced will never come again. So, problem solved." 

"Is it bad I want another one to happen just to prove him wrong?" I asked whispering to Lloyd.

He smiled at me, "I wouldn't be opposed to that."

"Wait. You write down everything that happens everywhere, right?" Nya asked.

"Everything that has happened and everything that will happen." Suetonius confirmed.

"So if there's any info about how to stop the Mergequakes, it could be in your archive?" she asked him.

"Huh, smart thinking Nya!" Lloyd said complimenting her.

"Did you not hear me say, 'problem solved'? Still we do encourage all truth seekers to study our learned writings." 

"Learned?" 

"Yes, learned. Show the Ninja to the library, Marcus."

The guy named Marcus came over to us. "This way please."

Lloyd turned us towards Arin and Sora. "We'll check this out. You three stay here and keep watch."

"By three I'm assuming you mean Sora, Arin, and Riyu. Correct?" 

"Yes, I mean the three of them." Lloyd confirmed for me.

"Wait, you want us to just wait?" Arin asked.

"We're in unfamiliar territory. Anything could go wrong. Call us the second you need us." he told them before we went after Nya, Kai, and Marcus to the library.

"Will do!" Arin said calling after us.

As we started to go down the stairs Marcus started to talk about something and how they founded it. "And that's how storm clouds can wash ink stains out of white togas. Okay, we're here." 

This place was massive with tons of scrolls. This was going to take a long time. "Okay, this might take awhile." Kai said.

"Not to agree with Kai, but, I agree with Kai." I said.

"Input search request." A jumped ever so slightly. Their was a blue talking worm.

"No need to get jumpy Babe." Lloyd whispered to me.

"It just caught me by surprise is all." I reassured him.

"The library is vast," Marcus told us. "But that's why we have these. Worm, bring me information on Lloyd Garmadon." he said showing us how to use it. It turned to a glowing green. The second it turned blue again it jumped up looking around. "The worm will pass the request along, and soon you have a whole team searching for your information." Marcus explained.

"Handy." I said.

"Yeah." Nya said agreeing with me. We watched the worms work to find information on Lloyd. Not gonna lie that intrigued me to find out more about my boyfriend. 

"Wow. These things are great." Lloyd said agreeing with what Nya and I said earlier. One came over to us. Marcus picked it up.

"Information obtained. Garmadon: Lloyd: Legendary Green Ninja. Picks his nose and eats it."

"Stop!" Lloyd yelled stopping Kai from grabbing it. "These things are terrible!"

"Honey, you pick your nose and eat it? That's gross!" I said stepping closer to Nya.

Marcus touched the worm and it glowed green again. "Apologies. The Cloud Kingdom Archives are very detailed." He handed the worm to Nya who took it from him.

"All right, let's give this a shot." she said.

"Input search request?"

"Search for info on how to prevent Mergequakes." It glowed green then quickly took off.

"Oh, looks like someone has a new nickname. Master of Green Boogers." Nya laughed as Kai mocked Lloyd

"Ugh! Stop it!"

"Honey, please tell me you don't do that anymore." I silently prayed in my head for him to say no.

"Of course not! I was little when I did that! I can guarantee Kai and the others have done that too!"

"Whatever you need to tell yourself Captain Boogers!" Kai said. Soon enough the worm came back and got on Marcus's arm again.

"Information obtained. Mergequakes can be permanently prevented via usage of the-" The worm turned red.

"Curious. I've never seen that before." Marcus said.

"You've never seen this?"

"I have not." The worm opened it's mouth and started spraying some kind of string that landed on the ceiling since Kai and Lloyd moved out of the way.

"Ugh, gross! Huh. What part of the worm is that string coming from?" The worm jumped backwards and screeched at us. Soon the other worms turned red just like the one in front of us. they jumped down next to it right before spraying more of the string out at us. The others joined it trapping us from moving. 

I couldn't do or see anything anymore. I felt suffocated and trapped and I really was. I felt sleepy and could barely hear a voice that sounded like Arin. "Lloyd? Kai? Are you-

My lids felt heavy and close. Maybe sleep is just what I need. "Lloyd!" I could barely hear the voice. I felt confined and didn't understand what to do. 

"Behind you!" I forced my eyes open. That was most defiantly Lloyd. I didn't understand what was happening. It sounded like people were running, hiding, and getting people down. Soon enough I felt a weigh on my body through the strange string of a cocoon. 

They broke it open and I saw my favorite ninja. "Hey you okay? Sorry that took so long to get you down."

"It's fine Honey, let's just find a way out of here please." 

"Right." Lloyd picked me up out of the cocoon and Spinjitzu'd us out the library and to the other. 

"You got Y/n!" Nya cheered. 

"Yeah, but we've got bigger problems! Those creatures are back!" Arin yelled.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go kick those monster's butts back to where they came from." Kai said.

"Arin, lead the way." Lloyd said.

Arin led the way, Sora and one of the Cloud Kingdom people were fighting with wind? Were they using elemental powers? Well if Sora could get some after the Merge I guess it's possible others could too.

"We've got to shut down the Mergequake before more things come through!" I heard Sora say.

"We can help with that." Lloyd told them. 

"You guys go ahead. I'll try to help the Cloud people." 

"Good luck." Lloyd told me.

"You too, now go save the Cloud people."

As I was heading down Nya saved them from a falling piece of building. I landed right as Suetonius started talking. "Thank you for writing that the Ninja would save us." he said excitedly. Some of the others looked like they were starting to question him.

"But Master Suetonius, none of us were writing anything." one said to him.

"That's because you guys aren't right. You think you write the future when you don't. A lot of things your write happen to be right and maybe you are quite a bit. But one thing I know for sure is that the ninja are saving you. Not everything is surrounded and determined by the Cloud Kingdom. You have to realize that." 

"But, it just- uh..."

"I know it's hard to believe, but just trust me okay? I mean, if this wasn't possible then one of your own wouldn't have elemental powers. The Merge changed a lot of things in life. Even here in the Cloud Kingdom." 

"Your right. It did change a lot. It seems we have a lot to learn about what happened since the Merge. We were so focused on our ways that we didn't consider that any of this could happen. Especially to one of our own. Thank you for showing us that." Suetonius said, thanking me.

"You could have discovered this on your own if you tried hard enough." I told him.

"True, but we were so blinded by our ways to see the truth. So I thank you once again."

"You can thank the ninja when there done closing this mergequake, even apologize to them." I suggested thoughtfully.

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves now." Suetonius told me.

"Fair enough." I gave up, after all Kai's ego is big enough for two. 

The ninja finished closing the portal and soon enough headed over to us. The Cloud people started cheering at them, Suetonius started to walk towards them and the Cloud girl who has the elemental power of wind walked towards him. 

"Master, I know what I did goes against everything we believe in. But after the Merge I... Discovered I was an Elemental Master. I tried to deny it, but when I could help save our kingdom, I just couldn't hide who I was any longer. I realize this means I will be exiled from the Cloud Kingdom." She finished sadly.

"Perhaps, it's time to admit the Merge Changed a few things." I walked over to him and gave him an encouraging nod. 

"You mean I can stay!?" She asked excitedly.

"I'll require someone's assistance around here updating how we do things around here. Maybe that could be you?" I smiled, he really was changing, fast. The others from the Cloud Kingdom cheered as she was welcomed with open arms.

"Well done." I told him.

"Once again thank you for opening my eyes to this new reality. It seems we were in dire need of it."

"Like I said, you could have seen this yourself. You guys just happened to need a little push." I patted him on the shoulder before walking over to Lloyd and the others. 

"So, uh, what happened to the world being better if you never used your powers again?" Arin asked Sora. I turned to look at them.

"I'm still not sure I'm meant to be a Ninja. But someone inspired me to not sit on the sidelines when I have the chance to help people."

"Was it me? Oh, it was me right? Oh, you should have seen me kicking those evil worms! Very inspiring." A worm crawled onto his head, making him scream.

"Yes very inspiring Arin." I told him.

"It was!" He said defensively.

"Yeah yeah, I'm sure it was."

"You were in a cocoon the whole time, how would you know?"

"I could always ask Lloyd." I reminded him.

"He's your boyfriend! He'd tell you anything to make himself look good!" Arin said defensively.

"What would I tell her to make myself look good?" Lloyd asked coming over to us.

"He say him defeating evil worms is very inspiring, Sora and I don't quite think so." I informed him.

"Ah, yes, beating evil worms is very 'inspiring'." Lloyd said using airqoutes.

"It was!" 

*****

"You sure about this Nya?" Lloyd asked her.

"If there are answers about the Mergequakes in the archives, someone needs to keep looking for them. It won't be easy without the scroll-worms, but... Ninja never quit." She told us.

"You know where to find us when you have something sis." Kai told her. She waved goodbye to us and I waved back. He looked at Lloyd. "Let's get back to the Monastery boogers." I chuckled.

"Stop it." Kai joined in laughing with me as we took off. "It's really not funny."

"It kinda is Honey, but hey I'd still be with you either way." 

"I'd hope so, I did that when I was a kid."

"I have one question though," Kai started. "How did you convince that guy to admit he was wrong?"

I smirked, "Ah, like I'd ever tell you." 

"Oh come on! Lloyd can you convince her to tell me how she did it?"

"No, but you can give it another shot." Lloyd suggested to him.

"This is totally unfair!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 87 12
After years of Y/n being separated from the ninja, after Zane had sadly pasted. She suddely gets a letter from a random man named Chen. Saying that h...
356K 8.6K 89
ɪɴᴇꜰꜰᴀʙʟᴇ: ᴛᴏᴏ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴏʀ ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴇxᴘʀᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇꜱᴄʀɪʙᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ. Being the twin sister of Jay walker is great. Being the Master of Wind is even...
2.4K 32 31
(This book is being put on hold for just a little for a well needed break) After the Ninja used the Dragon Cores to stabilize the world and stop the...
17.7K 513 26
Taking place shortly after the events of The Hands of Time: when a mission to save kidnapped kids goes wrong, a mysterious clan believes Jay holds th...