Melting the ice

By WPC_writer

what happens when a hockey player falls for a figure skater that doesn't care for him anymore and what will... More

CHPT1:Bad luck
CHPT2: friend date

CHPT3: Rain and Tears

15 1 8
By WPC_writer

After getting inside the rink we got to our spots surprisingly it was quite close we were around  the fourth row but that wasn't even the best part Rohan and Cole sat beside me....... (if you couldn't tell i was being sarcastic) i couldn't help but stuff my face with the popcorn it was the one way to keep my mind off how awkward it was.

     "UGHH, Ro, where are the hockey players?" Cydney asked, her voice seemed to echo in my head, making a ringing sound that made me want to punch her in the face, and Ro? she calls Rohan Ro i thought only his friends got to call him that?

     "Cydney relax the game hasn't even started yet!" Cole laughed at the girls patience. then Rohan decided to break the silence.
     "so, Cydney did you know that Joi is also a figure skater?" he started
     "really?" she seemed surprised but not in a nice way she almost seemed like she was gloating i could swear i heard her chuckle as well.
    "have you competed in any comps?" she asked
    "a few. won all though!" alright so i was gloating and i'm sure that you didn't even think about it but no this wasn't to impress Rohan i would have said i had won all of them and left the others in the dust and no i'm not saying i didn't say this either but it was the heat of the moment so i also gloated about a whole lot of other stuff and i'm proud of it!

    after my small fight with Cydney on who was the better skater (i won of course) the hockey players had started making their way through and onto the ice their technique wasn't what i would use but they were hockey players i didn't need their technique.

    "who wants to make a bet on this game?" Cole asked everyone,
    "in money?" i definitely did not take Cole as the gamblin' type. "no," Rohan started explaining looking at Cole like they were talking in some sort of secret language. "in rink time. you see whenever those people go skating the guy who loses has to stay off the ice for whatever they betted but if they win then their opponent has to stay off the ice for their time" he explained things made sense when he explained things with Cole it's just hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey players, oh you shouldn't date Rohan 'cause he's my best friend. you just never hear the end of it!

    "or you can dare that person to do what ever you want on the ice, fall on purpose,  do weird lifts  go ask for somebody's number, anything!" Cydney also explained which didn't ,make a lot of sense (just because Cydney was explaining)

    "i'll go for it i bet forty five minutes on the Canucks, anyone else wanna take a shot?" Rohan chuckled
    "fine," i said "i bet two things of my choice on the ice, to the Jets" i smirked at Rohan
    "alright then" he looked at me and we held  a stare for what seemed to be forever his smile slowly faded.

   "okay!" Cydney said quickly breaking our eye contact, i swear she  did that on purpose.  the game started i was the only one cheering for the Winnipeg jets which would probably make me feel pretty dumb if they lost. Unfortunately i had finished my popcorn.

    i reached over to Cole's bag of popcorn and stole three.
  "dude, not cool no one get's to steal my popcorn, not even you Joi" Cole and i started to laugh but he was very serious the next time i tried to steal his popcorn he slapped my hand out of the way.  

   The loud buzzer rang for halftime as the hockey players exited the rink with the score three to two   there was still a chance the jets could win. being the confidant person she was she started to think what she was going to make Rohan do. 
"hey do you guys want to grab some more snacks Joi has practically eaten all of mine" Cole teased Joi grabbed a popcorn that had fallen on her lap and threw it at him.
   "sure me and Rohan will go, you two good with hot dogs??" Cydney asked basically volunteering Rohan, "uhh, actually Cyd i think i'll stay here with Joi" he said. hearing him say he'd rather stay with me was all i wanted to hear. Cydney didn't look to happy with me.
   "fine i'll go with Cole" she grabbed Coles hand and stormed off, he looked back and mouthed help me...

   "so why in the world would you want to stay with me" i said quite curious, he chuckled,  " i'm not exactly always wanting to spend my time with the whole i think i'm better than everyone and who do they think they are Cydney can be a little much sometimes." he mocked Cydney trying his best sassy girl tone. i started to laugh.

   "that was spot on!" i exclaimed we laughed until it got awkward.
  "so you and!" we said in unison "sorry you go" "no it's fine" i took a breath
  "so you and Cydney" "what's with you and Cole?" again we said in unison we looked at each other funny. "me and Cydney? are you joking?" he laughed "she's my cousin!" i could feel my face get red, embarrassed from my terribly wrong assumption. "oh she's your cousin....."  i could feel a laugh coming on, "so.... you and Cole?" he didn't look me in the eye while saying that. 
     "me and Cole! are you kidding me that's old news i don't think i could ever like Cole, at least not anymore." for some reason  a wave of guilt fell on me after saying that like i was lying to Rohan which i would never do. "well that's a relief.... because i was hoping that maybe i could take you up on that skating sometime." he smiled at me, though i could tell he was nervous maybe more than me.. "that would be great" i took a shaky breath around ten seconds later Cole and Cydney came back. Cole took his spot beside me but had a unhappy-upset face.

   "you good dude?" i whispered to him
  "just peachy... dude" he slightly scoffed and i backed off i had no idea why he was so upset had something happened well they were gone?

 the hockey game started and finished i hadn't payed much attention to it, i was much more focused on Cole. why was he so upset it was almost making me mad why was he so rude to me before!
 it was the final minutes of the last round, i was out of popcorn, Cole was upset with me, and my enjoyment came and went like rain this was a game to remember but not in a good way.
 "dang it!" i heard Rohan scream as he jumped up from his seat. the game had ended.
  "what?" i asked him after he sat down, "well you won the bet" he pointed to the score board  "oh i did" i smiled awkwardly. before i could say anything else i heard Cole shouted at me. "Joi we need to leave!"  he shouted from the exit, "um see ya, Rohan" that was all i could think to say   by the time i was five steps away from him Cole just left and kept walking and didn't wait for me i honestly didn't understand how could things have gone so great with Rohan and ended so badly with Cole i guess it was karma just the complete opposite. 

 the only time he waited was at the Vespa he stuffed the helmet into my hand then sat down waiting impatiently for me when i put the helmet on i was  so rapped up with Cole i hadn't realized it was raining and getting heavier by the minute i was starting to be glad i was heading home. the ride was full of tension and awkward i looked mostly at the ground. when he stopped the bike in front of my house, i got off.
   "bye Cole, thanks for inviting me we should do it again sometime" the rain started to pour heavy like the sky was having a meltdown i waited for his answer he didn't even look at me, didn't even care, he just started his bike again ready to leave. i rolled my eyes i was fed up with this.

   "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" i shouted a little too loudly he took off his helmet and started to stand up. "all i have been is nice to you than you just change moods half way through the game and decide to give me  the silent treatment i thought you were better than that i thought i could come to you and you would always be there to make a joke or make fun of me or put me in a better mood but for once why are you doing this to me!" my eyes welled up with tears mixed with rain, i was thankful for the rain that night because there was no way in the world i was going to let  Cole Pearson see me cry. 
 i waited for him to respond but just like before no answer. "i know i can be hard sometimes and i'm sorry for making you buy more popcorn i know that your a sensitive guy but i didn't think that you would-" he closed his eyes i could tell he started to cry.
   "I HEARD YOU AND ROHAN! OKAY?" then i started to feel the cold of a breeze with your clothes sopping wet. "what?" i mumbled it barely getting out for some reason i felt like crying more. "i heard you say that you could never like me.... but Joi i know that's not true i know deep, deep, deep down inside you still have feelings for me so i'd rather you not lie to yourself, everywhere you go all you worry about is Rohan or me or someone i've seen you hold yourself back because you don't want to embarrass yourself so for once can you just think about what you actually want!" he gulped i walked toward him and looked him straight in the eye i noticed his hair that was falling onto his face it was almost as soaked as mine from the cold water. 
 "how do you know...................... how do you know i still like you?" we stared at each other for what felt like an eternity. "because.................. i still like you" my heart beated faster then it ever had before  just for a moment it felt like every problem was gone even if that was a problem i stared at him our breath mixed and the next thing i knew he kissed me, small and fast there for only a second. like it was the easiest choice i had ever made i kissed him back the rain falling onto us i could feel his hand move onto  my cheek his fingers pressed against my hair. my hands were on his shoulders almost holding me up from the height difference. i pulled away as quickly as i realized what i was doing.

    "i'm sorry i-.................. i'm sorry" turned around and ran into my house closing the door behind me i dragged my back down the door hitting the  ground my hands around my legs and my head resting on my knees i cried even more than i had before.

      I cried  because that hurt Rohan,

       I cried because that was my first kiss,

        I cried because Cole means too much to me,

         but most importantly i cried because i can't choose without hurting not only them but                       hurting myself.

Hey guys so i got super emotional writing this for many reasons i actually am going through kind of a breakup right now  but you all and writing stories have made it so much better, but other then me i'd love you all to read  @SMPlover14 her new book "a starlit Destiney"  because if you don't know me then you have to know that i love OG stories as much as i love fanfics and most importantly i am inspired by people who want to put their work out their so i would absolutely love if you would check her story out but other than that thanks for reading...
         LUV U ALL<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 28.2K 23
People meet by accident, People fall in love by accident, But people surely don't become someone's baby daddy accidentally, or do they? What started...
3.8M 114K 116
Dr. River Johnson didn't know the consequences of sleeping with the Capo of the Sicilian Mafia. She didn't even remember his name or face. But then t...
1.6M 97K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
693K 40.3K 35
|ROSES AND CIGARETTES Book-I| She was someone who likes to be in her shell and He was someone who likes to break all the shells. °•°•°•°•° "Junoon ba...