SUMMER LOVE | conrad fisher

By belletastix

"summer is when my year truly begins, and it's because i get to see you." in which a family friend of the fis... More

π—¦π—¨π— π— π—˜π—₯ π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜
π—‚π—‡π—π—‹π—ˆπ–½π—Žπ–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡
π—‰π—…π–Ίπ—’π—…π—‚π—Œπ—
𝗀𝗋𝖺𝗉𝗁𝗂𝖼 𝗀𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗋𝗒
𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍 π—ˆπ—‡π–Ύ
001. take me home
002. home sweet home
003. i would
004. we're here with you
005. a shitty 24 hour diner
006. crashing first dates 101: just don't
007. the chaos of belly's sweet 16th
008. july fourth redemption
009. relationship advice galore
010. she. isn't. you.
011. oh my my my
part two
001. you are happening to the world
002. different ways of coping
004. don't go
005. are we breaking up?
006. the great boardwalk showdown
007. shoot your shot!
008. to the castillo household
009. the house is sold
010. i wish it was you

003. i want to be with you

520 20 5
By belletastix

chapter three
i want to be with you

Christmas was Florence favourite time of the year. She absolutely adored it, the lights, the songs, the atmosphere, the food, the presents, just all of it. And Conrad had agreed to take her up to the Fisher house for a night so they could spend some alone time together in the place they fell in love. The girl was gathering her stuff, quickly grabbing her scarf and gloves as well as her overnight bag before carefully going down the stairs.

Her mum did not know about the plan, and so she had to sneak out, when Conrad messaged her, which he had just done. The girl walked out of her house, closing the door softly before rushing over to the car awaiting her and jumping in the passenger seat.

"Hi." Florence greeted.

"Hey." Conrad smiled.

"I can't believe you're here." Florence commented, closing the door.

"Where else would I be?" Conrad wondered, tilting his head teasingly before he looked over what she was wearing. "You didn't bring a coat."

Florence suddenly noticed her lack of a jacket. "I forgot. But I'm not cold, and I have a coat at the house."

"Here, put this on." Conrad took of his jumper and handed it to her.

"Now you'll be cold." Florence looked over at him.

"Worth it." Conrad shrugged. "To the beach then?"

"Hell yeah!" Florence agreed enthusiastically.

Conrad began driving down the road, Florence putting on his jumper before staring out the window at all the lights decorating the houses.

"On a scale from one to ten how much trouble do you think we'll be in when they find out we're gone?" Conrad wondered, making Florence look over at him.

"Oh, uh, none. This is kidnap if anyone asks." Florence explained with a smile.

"Please!" Conrad scoffed. "You jumped at the chance."

"Yeah because snow on the beach sounds fucking awesome." Florence sent him an incredulous look.

"It does." Conrad nodded. "Well, last time I checked there was only a 30% chance of flurries but hopefully we'll get lucky."

"Hmm." Florence hummed. "Hey, did Susannah like the bike you got her for Christmas? You know the one with the basket, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, she loved it." Conrad answered. "Thanks to you. I was just gonna get her a bathrobe."

"I know, that's what Camden got my mum this year." Florence rolled her eyes. "Why do boys suck so bad at giving presents?"

"Well we can't all be you and be the best gift giver ever." Conrad retorted. "I think Belly has the book we gave her for her birthday on display in her room, and my mum framed the song lyrics you wrote."

"I can't help being amazing, Conrad." Florence shrugged, her nose scrunching up slightly.

"Honestly... I don't think she would have cared what I got her." Conrad told her. "You have no idea how happy she is that you're my girlfriend."

"I remember my mum making a comment at the beginning of summer that our mums, but mainly Susannah have always had this vision of becoming family because their kids get married." Florence revealed. "They were always betting on us, so... it's probably a dream come true."

Conrad smiled softly. "Yeah. Uh, I haven't told anyone this yet but I'm thinking about switching my major to biology."

"Really? That's awesome." Florence nodded.

"Yeah. I want to go premed." Conrad explained. "And for a while, I thought I wanted to go into the research end of it, but no, I think I'd rather be working with actual people."

"Because of your mum?" Florence wondered.

"She's getting better, you know." Conrad told her with a smile. "Anyway let's talk about you and Princeton. Studying Literature."

"Yeah." Florence shrugged sightly. "It's nothing."

"What do you mean?" Conrad exclaimed. "It's Princeton!"

Florence shrugged once again, "It's not a big deal. I haven't made it a big deal, no one is making it a big deal. We all have other things to worry about, my college acceptance is not one of them."

"We're not worrying about it, Flo." Conrad's eyebrows furrowed. "You got in! That's incredible, and I am so proud of you."

"I adore you." Florence stated.

"More than Christmas?" Conrad wondered.

"Know where you stand." Florence narrowed her eyes.

Conrad let out a small laugh as he continued to drive towards Cousins, pointing out all of the incredible Christmas decorations that Florence might have missed. The two arrive at the Fisher house, Florence smiling over at Conrad, who quickly jumped out of the car, rounding to the other side and opening the door for Florence.

"Who knew Conrad Fisher was such a gentlemen?" Florence teased, jumping out of the car and making their way towards the house – completely unaware that Belly and Sydney were doing the same thing at the Castillo house just down the road. Conrad unlocked the front door, the two stepping into the house. Florence spun around a second. "Wow. It's so weird being here in the winter."

"I know." Conrad nodded, walking straight to the living room. "So cold."

"I'm gonna go see what you have left in your kitchen." Florence stated. "Maybe you guys left something."

"I doubt it but knock yourself out." Conrad sent her a smile.

Florence walked into the kitchen, searching the cupboards for anything the family might have left there after the summer. Her searched was unsuccessful except some hot chocolate powder. The girl smiled, grabbing it and placing it on the side.

She picked up her bag, opening it up and looking at everything she had brought with her that she thought they might have needed. She had sweets, chocolate, marshmallows, a blanket, her scarf, and lastly – and most important for the hot cocoa – some milk.

Don't ask her why she brought milk with her, she stole it out of her fridge thinking it was water when it wasn't.

"I don't know why I can't get this fire started." Conrad spoke loudly.

Florence laughed softly, getting two cups out of the cupboard and putting three scoops of cocoa powder in each of them. "Weren't you, uh, an Eagle Scout?"

"Shut up." Conrad told her.

The girl poured some milk into the cups, mixing it with the chocolate powder before placing one cup into the microwave, watching it heat carefully, making sure it didn't explode everywhere. When the first one was down, she put the second one in, doing the same thing.

The microwave beeped, suggesting it was finished. The girl grabbed the cup, putting them on the side and putting some marshmallows on top. Florence picked up her bag of goodies, and the two cups of hot cocoa and made her way into the living room.

"You alright there Eric?" Florence wondered, making the boy who was staring into space look over at her.

"You're still with the nickname?" Conrad raised his eyebrows.

"It has not been that long so it's not quite worn out yet." Florence shrugged, walking over to him with a small smile. "And plus, you still look like a prince."

She smiled up at him before moving to sit on the sofa, putting the hot cocoa down on the coffee table and her bag on the floor. Conrad looked at her, "Whatcha got there, Ariel?"

"Still with the nickname?" Florence mocked his words making the boy laugh softly. "It's hot cocoa, I found some powder. And I brought snacks."

"Always prepared, aren't you?" Conrad teased.

"Always." Florence laughed softly. Conrad moved to sit next to her on the sofa, picking up cup and taking a sip. Florence watched him carefully, "What do you think?"

"This is... amazing." Conrad stated.

"Well, my cocoa is superior to all others." Florence responded. "Belly likes to believe it's her speciality but in reality it's mine."

"I can see that." Conrad nodded.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Florence asked, making the boy blink a few times.

"Because I like looking at you." Conrad shrugged.

"Kinda creepy Conrad." Florence commented with a teasing smile. "My friend Daisy cannot believe I'm dating someone in college."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah, it's really boosted my popularity. Everyone's like 'oh my god, your boyfriend is so...', like what?" Florence shook her head, her nose scrunched slightly. "I had someone ask me how many of my songs were about you. I nearly said none of them because most of my songs are really depressing and you make me feel the opposite. But there is one song that's about you, it's called gross, because I love you a lot and it makes me feel kinda—"

"Gross?" Conrad interrupted her.

"Yeah." Florence nodded. "But not a bad gross, more like a—"

"I have all of these emotions that I can't express and they're so mushy that if I told anyone they'd immediately judge me, because I think I love this person more than Annabeth and Percy do in Percy Jackson?" Conrad cut her off once again, fully articulating Florence's own thoughts.

"Exactly." Florence nodded slowly.

"Yeah." Conrad smiled.

And with that Florence let forward and connected their lips. It was a soft, sweet kiss, one that spoke all of the gross feelings that they didn't really wanna say aloud. And Conrad smiled into the kiss, just like he did every single time, his hands on her waist, like he was trying to convince himself that she was real.

Florence pulled away slightly, catching her breath but Conrad began to lean in for another. And just as their lips were about to touch once again, Florence let out a gasp.

"It's snowing!" She exclaimed. "Let's go to the beach!"

She quickly placed her cup down, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door, the boy removing his hand from hers and placing them on her hips, moving her along quicker.

"It's cold."

"It's beautiful." She corrected.

The two of them threw their shows and coats on before Conrad pushed Florence out of the door and watched as she ran towards the sand. She grabbed her phone, pulling Conrad towards her as they took multiple photos.

When she was finished, the two began messing around, dancing around in the snow like they were the only people in the entire world. Conrad lifted her up, spinning her around with a laugh before placing her back on the ground. Florence looked up at him with soft smile, snow falling around them.

"I love you." Florence whispered.

"I love you too." Conrad smiled.

The two then decided to go back inside, sitting by the fire to warm up. Florence grabbed the folded blanket that sat on top of the futon and placed it on the ground for them to sit on. She looked over at Conrad, cupping his face tenderly.

"That feels good." He shuddered, leaning into her touch.

"My god, you're freezing." Florence chuckled softly. "It only feels good because of how cold hearted you can be."

"For everyone else maybe." He paused. "Not for you. Never for you."

Florence leant forward and kissed him, smiling into it. The kiss didn't break as Conrad pulled her even closer to him, the girl moving so she was straddling his lap. His hands tightened as they snaked around her waist softly grinding her into him.

His lips left a trail of kissed down her neck, sucking softly as he reached the part that connected to her shoulder. Florence gasped in pleasure, the noise surprising both her and Conrad as she covered her mouth and he pulled away, looking up at him.

"Um... we-we should probably..."

"No, I want to." Florence shook her head, moving her hands from her face to Conrad's shoulders.

Conrad paused, looking at the red marks that trailed down Florence's neck and onto her shoulder. Florence didn't want to wait a moment longer. She wrapped her arms around Conrad, pulling the boy back in and their lips touching once more. She pulled him closer, feeling the firm press of his chest against her own, their hearts beating in perfect synchronicity.

"Wait." Conrad muttered against her lips. "I hope you know I didn't bring you here just for this."

"I know that."

"We don't have to do anything if you—"

"I want to, Conrad." Florence told him. "I want to be with you. Unless, you don't—"

"No, I do." He smiled. "I really, really do."

The two of them smiled and Conrad's fingertips traced delicate patters along Florence's skin. She slipped her hands underneath his shirt, him shuddering at her touch, but allowed her to lift the shirt off of his body.

He pressed his body against her and placed his hands on her lips, his hands moving slowly up her shirt, lifting it over her body and tossing it over to the side. Conrad's eyes never left Florence's, and for once in her life, she felt seen, loved.

Conrad's hands traced a path down Florence's back, leaving a trail of goosebumps in her wake. His hand unclasped her bra and tossed it to the side. His hands rested on the lower part of her back as he flipped her over so she was led on the floor and he was on top.

She let out a small breath, cupping his cheek before her hand slipped down his neck and rested against his chest. Conrad smiled at her, looking down at the sight of the ring he got her on her hand. He connected their lips, leaning down to kiss her once again, his lips exploring every contour of hers.

His touch was gentle but possessive, a combination that sent shivers down her spine as he kissed her, each kiss a brushstroke of desire against Florence's lips.

They were one.

And in that moment, Florence knew that no matter what happened, her and Conrad would be always, for he was the only one for her.

✿✼:*゚:.:*・゚゚・

After Florence listened to Conrad's voicemail, she packed all of her stuff up, left a goodbye note to Steven and made her way out of the Conklin household and to her car, unaware that Belly was getting ready to leave herself.

The brunette tried to ring Conrad three times and each time it went to voicemail. She let out a small sigh, plugging her music in and starting the four hour drive to Brown University.

Florence had only been to visit Conrad at university once, her mum was not the happiest about her driving hours to go and see her boyfriend no matter how much she liked him, but she made an exception for valentine's day.

The girl had driven all the way there, a smile on her face, and the two had the best weekend together ever. She had sung her song 'gross' for him, to which he was thoroughly impressed with, and he had introduced her to all of his college friends.

Florence had been scared to visit him, worried she'd feel like an outsider and yet she fit in with his college life perfectly.

The girl arrived at Brown later than she wanted, having gotten stuck in traffic and having to stop to get a coffee. She walked up into the college, sneaking into his building when someone left. She made her way to the top floor where she knew his room is.

Florence walked down the hallway, her eyebrows furrowing at the sight of the door wide open. She stepped into the doorway to see Jeremiah, Belly, Conrad's roommate, Trusky and his college friend Sophie.

"Hi?" She greeted, the group all looking over at her.

"Florence?" Belly's eyebrows knit in confusion.

"Hey." Jeremiah smiled, moving over to hug her. "What are you doing here?"

"Conrad left me a voicemail, saying he needed help, but it cut off before he could tell me where he was." Florence explained, looking between each of them. "What about you guys?"

"Conrad's missing." Jeremiah stated.

"And Belly?" Florence looked over at the girl.

"Conrad's missing." Belly shrugged. "I came to help find him."

"I see." Florence nodded. "And have we found anything?"

"Sophie was just about to tell us." Jeremiah stated. "Her and Conrad are close."

Florence smiled, turning to face Sophie. She could feel Jeremiah and Belly's eyes watching her, trying to gage her reaction to the statement. Instead, Florence hugged the girl who smiled brightly.

"Long time no see." Florence stated.

"You need to come by again." Sophie told her, looking over at Jeremiah. "Anyway, I think he said that he was going to hang out with his cousin by the beach."

"Okay let's go." Jeremiah stated, the three beginning to leave.

"Yo, Florence." Trusky called, them all turning to face him. "When you guys broke up, my man fell into a depression."

"Was that supposed to make me feel better?" She wondered. "I'm sure it wasn't because of me."

"No, yeah, it definitely was. Like he was always looking at your picture on his phone, was listening to really depressing Taylor Swift." Trusky told her, making the girl sigh. "Anyways, when you guys find him, tell him that he has to be back for this bio final on Thursday or he doesn't pass the class."

"Wait, seriously?" Belly asked.

"Yeah." Trusky nodded.

"Okay." Florence nodded. "I'll grab his computer. You grab his books, and you get his stuff so he can study, okay?"

Florence moved over to his desk, picking up his laptop and looking around for anything else to pick up. She grabbed the book underneath, revealing his calendar. Led across it was her ring, hanging from a silver chain. Florence let out a small sigh, covering it back up and following Jeremiah and Belly out of his room.

The three walked into the car park, Florence stopping before them, forcing the duo to turn and look at her.

"I'll meet you in Cousins." Florence stated.

"Flo, you don't have to—"

"I do." Florence interrupted Jeremiah. "I do."

Jeremiah hugged her tightly. "See you soon."

"See you soon." She smiled, looking at Belly. "Bye Bels."

"Bye Flo."

Florence made her way to her own car, her eyebrows furrowing at the sight of someone leaning against it. She made her way closer to see that the person was in fact her younger sister, Sydney.

"Syd?" Florence walked over to her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Florence, I knew it was your car." Sydney stated. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question." Florence retorted.

"Jeremiah called, asked if I knew anything about Conrad. I think he actually wanted to get into contact with you and forgot it was Steven's graduation." Sydney explained. "Your turn."

"Conrad left me a voicemail asking for help." Florence shrugged. "I'm heading to Cousins, get in."

Sydney did as she was told, getting into the passenger seat and looking over at her sister in the drivers seat. "Where's Jeremiah?"

"He's meeting us there." Florence told her, neglecting the mention the presence of Belly, assuming the girl was simply heading home herself.

"Cool." Sydney nodded, changing the song on Florence's phone. "Hey, are you okay with all of this?"

"All of what?" Florence glanced over at her before focusing on the road once more.

"Going to find Conrad, seeing him, being around him etcetera, etcetera." Sydney listed off, raising her eyebrows at the girl.

"It's fine." Florence responded. "If Conrad needs me, I'm gonna be there, no matter what."

"You're a better person than I am." Sydney stated.

"I know." Florence shrugged. Sydney laughed slightly. "How are you though, we haven't spoke in a while?"

"I'm good." Sydney replied. Florence sent her a look. "Oh you meant about..."

"Yeah."

"Uh... it's fine. Water under the bridge." Sydney stated.

"The sudden use of a metaphor that is also an Adele lyric says otherwise." Florence raised her eyebrows.

"Let's just say that if she left me a voicemail asking for help but didn't tell me where to go I wouldn't track her down across the country." Sydney shrugged.

"Okay then." Florence nodded, her eyes widening ever so slightly.

It wasn't long later that the two arrived at the Conklin household, Florence and Sydney jumping out of the car and making their way towards the porch. Florence looked up at the house, gulping slightly before following Sydney inside.

"Connie!" Sydney shouted. "Your favourite people are here!"

Conrad appeared at the living room entrance, a small smile on his face but Florence immediately saw through it. "Syd hey!"

The two hugged tightly, Sydney patting him on the back a few times before pushing past him and making her way to the kitchen. "You got food."

"I think there's some biscuits or something in the cupboard." Conrad shouted back at her, the girl simply giving him a thumbs up behind her back. Conrad turned back to Florence, who was still stood at the door. "Hi."

"Hi." Florence breathed out. "Um, are you okay?"

"They're selling the house." Conrad cut right to the chase, his eyes sad. Florence's mouth dropped in shock.

"Oh my gosh." She whispered, moving to wrap her arms around him. Conrad froze for a second before snaking his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. Well it's not fine but—I'm trying to figure it out, I just... I can't believe it y'know. Like my mum's house is gonna have some other family living in it and I can't do anything about it at the moment." Conrad began to ramble, pulling away from Florence and pacing the floor in front of her. "I don't know what to do, Florence."

"I don't know Conrad." Florence let out a sigh, grabbing his hands to stop his movements. "But we'll figure something out. I promise."

Conrad nodded a few times. "Yeah, yeah, we'll be alright."

"Yes we will." Florence smiled. "Um, also Jeremiah's gonna be here in about twenty minutes so be prepared."

And despite Florence's warning, Conrad was not prepared when Jeremiah came walking into the house, angrily, shouting at Conrad. The Fisher boy and the two Castillo sisters had been catching up in the kitchen, laughing at Sydney as she told the ex-couple all of the dad jokes she had learned from the joke book Susannah had gotten her one year that she had recently found when Jeremiah barged into the house. Sydney and Florence stood next to Conrad, now in the living room, their eyes wide as they looked between the arguing brothers.

"Jere, the house has been put up for sale." Conrad spoke, rendering his brother silent once and for all.

"What do you mean the house is for sale?" Belly asked, suddenly making her appearance known. Sydney, Florence and Conrad all looked over at her, surprised on her presence. Conrad looked over at Sydney before turning to look back at Belly.

"What is she doing here?"

( 💌 ) Isobel's notes
heyyyyyyyyyyyyy
so that happened
also conrad is def team syd

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.6K 2.1K 21
where spending the summer with her ex-boyfriend was not at the top of Katherine Conklin's to-do list when you're young, you just run but you come ba...
39.3K 585 14
CURRENTLY EDITING "I believe in the ocean curing all bad moods. I believe in the waves wiping away worries. I believe in seashells bringing good luck...
368K 11.4K 39
"'cause sometimes i look in her eyes and that's where i find a glimpse of us" or olivia begins to question her relationship with jeremiah after belly...
27.6K 965 24
━━ πŸ₯₯ 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 π’π”πŒπŒπ„π‘ΒΉ ❛ In which, 𝐄π₯π₯𝐒𝐞 π…π’π¬π‘πžπ« has a cruel summer with 𝐁𝐞π₯π₯𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐀π₯𝐒𝐧. ❜ BOOK πŽππ„ OF THE π‹πŽπ•π„π‘...