Flames Of Love

Bởi exxangel

A Bond Between a Vampire and Werewolf was like Fire and Ice. For Hundreds of years both creatures have been... Xem Thêm

Summary
WELCOME
EXTRA INFO
INTRODUCTION
CH 1. Cold Beauty
CH 2. The Phoenix
CH. 3. Lord Byun
CH 4. Secrets in Flames
CH 5. The Destined
CH. 6 Ice Breaking
CH 7. Dilemma
CH. 8. Zhang Yixing
CH.9. HeartLess
CH 10. Carved with Flames.
CH. 11. So You Care?
CH 12. Hybrids
CH 13. Master Xiu
CH 14. The Unforseen
CH 15. Calm Before the Storm
CH 16. Echoing Abyss ( 1 )
CH 18. An Artisan?
CH 19. Trap or Trials?
CH 20. The Unknown.
CH 21. Crescentum: The Cursed Land.
CH 22. Crescentum : Breaking Dawn
CH 23. Unveiling Bonds
CH 24 : Serenity.

CH 17. Echoing Abyss ( 2 )

139 12 9
Bởi exxangel

Warning 🚫 :  use of Curse words, violence, blood.

Author's Pov:

It's been three hours since the phoenix unleashed his fury.

After the flames subsided in the Echoing Abyss, the stadium lay in ruins, a dusky silence hung in the air beneath ominous clouds.

Hwang Jae Hyun emerged as the sole survivor, escaping the battle unharmed, driven by fear of sharing the same fate as the other vampires.

With clenched fists, Hwang Jae Hyun trembled in fury, caught off guard by the unexpected turn of events.

Most importantly he saw the bearer of the  phoenix and the traitor who could shake the Council to their core.

Confused, Hwang Jae Hyun wondered why the traitor, despite seeing him run, made no effort to stop or chase him. It left him questioning if the traitor wanted him to escape and reveal their secret to the Council.

That's not possible! Or did he think Hwang Jae Hyun will hide or not dare to expose him?!

Gritting his teeth, he rubbed his hand over his face and cast a single glance at his coven members, who stood silently awaiting his orders. Only twenty men had managed to escape with him; the rest succumbed to the heavenly fire.

Hwang Jae Hyun, though short-tempered, always enjoyed favouritism over Jackson and Mike, which fueled his arrogance as the favoured one.

Despite being unable to match the prowess of Jung Mina, Kang Hana, or Choi Eun, Hwang Jae Hyun remained the preferred choice for his Master Kang because unlike them he uses his tactics well.

Though he is weaker than them, he has always thought of himself above them.

The only one he could never compare himself to were the top Reagents.

One Of them, being Byun Baekhyun, in particular, makes him feel envious, not anger, not fear, not respect but envious. That weakling killed like ten Hybrids and became the Reagent under Master Xiu.

That guy though weak and arrogant is under the direct order of Master Xiu that makes everyone keep a one centimetre distance from him. Even the Council Master acts like they are walking on broken glass round him.

No matter how many punishments that bastard gets he is tough as a tortoise shell. Now everyone would wonder why not the Council just kill him off if he is weak?

Hwang Jae Hyun has heard the rumours around the wild. That Byun Bastard, though weakling, has a unique bloodline. He can't be killed unless the fire is Heavenly fire.

His Master had tried to use every way to get Hwang Jae Hyun under Master Xiu but Byun Baekhyun had become a big Hurdle.

Few months ago, they were ordered to capture the phoenix from the Elders. He has never met them but they had such an authority that none of them could deny them. That was the moment where his Master wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

They got news about some fire elemental. His Master Kang and Master Joon sik devise a plan to use the Fire Elemental to kill that Byun Bastard only for it to disappear from the face of the earth and then this phoenix appeared and it was also under the bastard’s orders, the irony!

Byun Fucking bastard has the god damn pheonix in his clutches. Like every power is helping that son of a bitch.

Jackson and Mike were too stupid and faced destruction not realising that one of their own had betrayed them all.

That sly bastard must be laughing at them secretly. Hwang Jae Hyun will not sit silently without getting his revenge. He has to eliminate Byun Baekhyun or else the whole Wilds will perish.

If he brings the bastard's head to Master Kang he will rise to ranks and Master Xiu might take him under his order. And if he handed the phoenix to the Council, the Elders might invite him to work under them.

He was greedy for power and recognition and he will be getting it no matter what. Even if he has to sacrifice his whole coven and come up as a survivor.

A sinister smile appeared on his lips as stars reflected in his eyes. Just like the upcoming storm he will shake the skies today.

Meanwhile in the Echoing Abyss, Jongin could hear the grumble of the Clouds through the windows that were too small to get a good view.

Picking up a stack of wood, Jongin threw them into the burning fire. While the cold didn't affect the Vampires, the Werewolf, now sleeping, leaned against the wall with a high fever, seemingly in need of a warm environment.

They had not left the echoing Abyss as Chanyeol suddenly fainted with a high fever.

Meanwhile Luhan Hyung was sent to Chanyeol's pack to inform them about his safety. He hoped the Beta would keep his claws to himself.

Jongdae was sent to Yixing Hyung as Jung Mina and the Werewolf boy needs to be dealt with. They can't leave them stray now that they know about their involvement.

Meanwhile he was the one to clean up the mess here and also  babysit a very pissed off dragon who seemed to be glaring at him since he locked him up in the basement.

Jongin whined, "He's glaring at me as if I ate all his food!" He turned to face his Hyung, who sat near the fire with the same blank expression.

Baekhyun ignored the whining male, instead peeking a glance at the dragon, who flared his nose when caught staring.

Baekhyun stared back, the dragon sensing his unwavering gaze fiercely tried to open his mouth, only to recall that it was sealed by some spell Baekhyun had cast.

"It's just a kid, it won't eat you," Baekhyun reassured, dismissing Jongin's concerns about the dragon.

With narrowed eyes, Baekhyun raised a single brow as if daring the dragon to challenge him, only for the dragon to flare his nose again and look away, seemingly bored of the glaring contest.

Jongin gave a wide-eyed look to Baekhyun. "A kid? This majestic beast is nowhere near a kid. If anything, we look like babies in front of him.”

Ignoring the remark, Baekhyun got up and walked to the sleeping male. Removing his gloves, he checked the temperature, only to find the fever almost gone.

Jongin smiled reassuringly. "He has been sleeping for a while. Chanyeol might wake up anytime soon”

Baekhyun stared at the sleeping male, whose face had lost its colour. After going through a breakdown, it was inevitable to fall sick. He was glad it wasn't too serious.

"Lightning struck again, providing a clear view of Baekhyun's always-beautiful face. However, a deep frown marred his lips, and his eyebrows scrunched up as if he were deep in thought.

“Jongin, did you find Hwang Jae Hyun?” he asked before adjusting his cloak over Chanyeol's sleeping form.

Jongin nodded with a hum before giving Baekhyun a confused look. “Why did you not stop him, Hyung? He is very sly and would leave no chance to eliminate you.”

At that moment, Chanyeol stirred, his face scrunching up as if disturbed. Baekhyun couldn't respond as he fixed his eyes on the waking male, who blinked at him before sitting up straight.

Seeing Chanyeol awake, Baekhyun quietly took his cloak back and wore it again.

Chanyeol heard a familiar voice before finding himself back in reality. A hazy figure appeared before him, and as he blinked, the image got clearer.

Byun Baekhyun's beautiful face appeared before him. Blinking twice, he sat up straight.

“Did I sleep too long?” he asked, his voice deep and husky from sleep.

Jongin was the one who answered him. "Only for an hour or two. How are you feeling now?"

Chanyeol felt better, far better now that he was awake. “Refreshed and fine. Did you look after me?” He faced Baekhyun with a small smile as he watched him stand up.

Baekhyun stood up and made his way towards the door. "Let's step outside for some fresh air. Hurry Up.”

Chanyeol scrambled up behind the Vampire who didn't even give him time to wonder about anything. “Hey! Wait for me. Why are you walking so fast”

Baekhyun pulled his hood up as a soft trail of raindrops started to fall from the sky. The rain has started yet there was not a single frown on his face.

Chanyeol stopped behind Baekhyun. The hood was up over his head again. The Vampire wasn't short as a person, it's just Chanyeol was so tall that Baekhyun looked smaller before him.

Breathing in the scent of Rain he came forward and stood beside the Vampire. “Is the kid okay? I didn't see him anywhere” Chanyeol spoke slowly as if he would startle the Vampire.

Baekhyun’s gaze was fixed outside and when Chanyeol asked him he didn't move his gaze but answered him back. “He is fine. I asked Jongdae to take him back to his home”

Chanyeol let out a relieved sigh. “Thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you were not here”

Baekhyun hummed, as he adjusted his cloak. “I have heard much about your speed. Wanna Race?”

Surprised, Chanyeol immediately turned towards the Vampire. “You wanna Race?” he asked, wondering why the Vampire was so casual all of a sudden.

“Not exactly. I am hunting a small fox. His herd is a bit of nuisance” he replied, adjusting his gloves before raising a brow at the Alpha.

Chanyeol felt himself staring at the male dumbfounded. “But you don't feed on Animals”

Baekhyun nodded as he stepped in the rain, his blue eyes held a kind of darkness in them. “That’s right.I don't feed on them”

Before Chanyeol could ask any more Baekhyun gave him a once over. “Whatever happens, do not interfere, do not attract more trouble”

Baekhyun vanished as soon as he said that, Chanyeol had no choice but to follow.

Taking a deep, long breath, Chanyeol inhaled the smell of rain and soil. The soft rain had started to fall as he felt the familiar sensation of bones breaking.

His wolf emerged, letting himself out as Chanyeol's body transformed into his majestic wolf form. With an excited howl, he picked up his clothes in his mouth and took off.

As Chanyeol ran straight into the woods, he howled again, running to his heart's content. The speed at which he ran was too fast for a naked eye.

Soft rain hit his fur, making him jolt with happiness. The wind started to pick up, caressing him from both sides. Dodging the trees and jumping over fallen ones, he ran as if he were running for the last time.

Baekhyun was there a distance away from him as he took the route over trees. Grinning like a wild dog, Chanyeol increased his pace, covering nearly half the distance in just a few minutes.

All he needed was a breather, to run and howl like he did previously, without a care in the world.

Basking in the smell of rain, Chanyeol revealed the calmness he hadn't felt in a while. He decided to cherish this moment, even if only for a few minutes.

Lightning flashed all around him. The rain god seemed to be on a roll today.

Baekhyun followed him as they both ran. They were so fast Chanyeol could feel the thrill inside himself as he jumped up and crossed bigg boulders.

The forest was coming to an end as he could hear the sound of a flowing water nearby. He should ask Baekhyun if they should stop to take a break.

Chanyeol stopped running, woofing to get Baekhyun's attention. He found a big tree, turned back into his human form, and put on his clothes he had brought with himself.

"I'm thirsty," he said, speaking hurriedly as he followed the sound of running water.

The rain wasn't too heavy, so he wouldn't be soaked completely, but with the growling clouds, it might intensify, and the night was gradually getting brighter.

Baekhyun silently followed Chanyeol as he headed toward the sound. After five minutes, they emerged from the forest, revealing a thin, long stream.

Smiling widely, Chanyeol rushed towards it and knelt down, cupping water into his hands and taking a sip. Turning to Baekhyun, he wondered if the vampire was thirsty, but Baekhyun just shook his head. Shrugging, Chanyeol got up and looked around.

He had never been to this part of the forest, far from his pack. With no idea about the distance from the Echoing Abyss to Aurora, he decided to ask Baekhyun.

"How far are we from Aurora? I've never been to this place before," he inquired, gazing at the line of fresh green trees and the clear fog. They were still in the Myst, as the wilds didn't have so much greenery.

"Shouldn't they have covered this in your training?" He questioned sceptically.

Chanyeol shook his head. "It's not ringing any bells."

"We're a considerable distance from Aurora, even more so from your pack. If we sprint to your pack, we're looking at a solid three-day journey," Baekhyun remarked casually, leaning against a nearby boulder. “Did you not wonder, why you were brought by a portal here?”

Chanyeol shook his head once more, his mind solely occupied with the question of why he was brought to that place.

Baekhyun closed his eyes, choosing not to reprimand him. "The Echoing Abyss, is closest to the southern border of the Myst. You're fortunate they didn't lead you into the wilds instead.”

Chanyeol nodded, waiting for Baekhyun to explain. It felt embarrassing that someone from the wilds had to clarify things for him.

Baekhyun began the tale, "Back in the day when hunters were plentiful, they'd capture different species and imprison them in the dungeon beneath the Stadium." Chanyeol listened attentively. "It was brutal and against the law. Captives had to either fight for survival amongst themselves or remain trapped until their demise.”

Baekhyun opened his eyes, sensing the rain getting heavier. "People used to say a really strong dark demon was in charge here. But one day, a bunch of people, led by the last phoenix, showed up.”

Chanyeol was so engrossed in the story that he snapped back to attention the moment he heard about the last Phoenix.

"Last phoenix?" He whispered, staring intently at his feet. "Who was he?”

Baekhyun clicked his tongue, raising a sharp brow. "It went down thousands of years ago, but records of him should've made it to your Council. Haven't you ever heard about this incident?”

Frowning, Chanyeol struggled to recall his days at the Academy. Despite numerous visits to the library, he has never come around any records of such incidents.

Feeling the Vampire's gaze on him, Chanyeol hesitated to look up.

Baekhyun, sensing the unspoken thoughts, pressed his lips in a frown.

"The last phoenix was an incredibly powerful man. He saved all the slaves here, freeing them from this forsaken place," Baekhyun said, turning his gaze towards the stream. "The last phoenix was the werewolf king”

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he stared at Baekhyun. The revelation that the Werewolf king was a phoenix bearer surprised him. "The werewolf king passed away thousands of years ago. You said he was a phoenix, but isn't a phoenix born every five hundred years?Then according to the timeline, shouldn't there be at least one more phoenix bearer before me?”

Baekhyun remained silent for a long time. Chanyeol debated if he should ask more, growing impatient. He needs to know.

This whole history is making him wonder about himself. Why was he the chosen one? Why were there no books on the phoenix if the last Werewolf king bore one? Why were the Vampires hunting the phoenix? Most importantly, how did the werewolf king die? He was powerful so who was strong enough to kill him? And most importantly who was the phoenix bearer before him?

Chanyeol asked, expressing a hope for at least one answer. "Do you know who the phoenix was before me? What happened to them?”

"You possess the phoenix now," he replied. "So, whoever had it before must be dead.”

Chanyeol let out a disappointed sigh, nodding at the realization that the previous phoenix bearer must be dead.

Before he could continue with his questions, a swishing sound caught his attention. A thin dagger narrowly missed him, finding its mark in another person.

"Of course, Byun Fucking Baekhyun had to be the knight in shining armour," A figure remarked wryly as he came into their view.

Hwang Jae Hyun smiled slyly as he licked his sharp fangs. He was smiling but his eyes were blazing red in hunger.

"The fox walked in on himself," Baekhyun commented dryly, eyeing Hwang Jae Hyun with a mix of caution and sarcasm.

Chanyeol struggled to recall where he had seen this guy before. Baekhyun pulled him back by his shirt, directing him to lean against a tree.

"Be a good boy and stay here. Do not interfere," Baekhyun instructed, his tone carrying authority.

Chanyeol felt the urge to argue. "That's not right. There are at least twenty men. I know you're strong, but this is dangerous," he voiced his concern.

Hwang Jae Hyun chuckled, sensing a tickle of anger surge inside him. "How lovely you both are. Don't worry, Alpha, I've brought a surprise for you as well," he declared ominously.

As soon as he uttered those words, low growls and hisses of anger echoed. Chanyeol was stunned to face a group with red glowing eyes.

"These Rogues are the friends I made on the way. They'll keep you busy while I have my hands full," Hwang Jae Hyun sneered.

Chanyeol redirected his attention between Hwang Jae Hyun and Baekhyun, the latter keeping a watchful eye on the growling Rogues. Baekhyun's gaze met Chanyeol's concerned grey eyes.

Baekhyun pulled his hood down, letting his black locks cascade over his eyes. His blue gaze stared down the Rogues without a hint of unease, appearing unfazed by the heated tension.

"I expect you to kill them. Understood?" Baekhyun instructed Chanyeol before turning his attention back to Hwang Jae Hyun.

Chanyeol sighed, an internal groan echoing within him. It seemed like he was a trouble magnet lately, with something happening wherever he went.

Chanyeol leaned down to Baekhyun's height, his eyes still on the Rogues. "Dealing with these Rogues won't be a problem. But are you sure you'll be okay? You don't exactly look alright," he expressed concern.

Chanyeol was almost startled when Baekhyun turned his face toward him. Their eyes locked, and he could feel the other's breath on his face. Once again, he found himself mesmerised by those blue eyes, thinking that blue might just become his favourite colour.

"I can handle them even if I'm on my last breath," Baekhyun declared with deadly determination. "Meanwhile, I hope you worry about yourself. Don't disappoint me again.”

Chanyeol huffed, redirecting his focus to the Rogues. He vowed to pour all his annoyance onto them.

Baekhyun meanwhile had no emotion when he fought. With his Swift moments he is already blending between the Vampires.

In the midst of the chaotic clash, Chanyeol and Baekhyun fought in perfect sync, their moments looking coordinated as even Baekhyun flickered a glance at him in surprise.

Chanyeol confronted the Rogues with powerful punches and agile kicks, creating a barrier between them. Baekhyun, on the other hand, engaged the Vampires with a mix of acrobatic dodges and swift strikes, keeping them at a distance.

As Chanyeol executed a spinning kick, knocking down two approaching Rogues, Baekhyun did a series of quick slashes with a sharp blade, creating a defensive perimeter against the Vampires.

Chanyeol found a wooden branch with a sharp edge below his feet and quickly picked it up to block an incoming attack. At the same time, Baekhyun found an opening among the Vampires. He did a  backflip to dodge an attack and then stabbed one of them.

Chanyeol, in a whirlwind of motion, spun away from a Rogue's swing, swiftly countering with a forceful kick that sent them staggering.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun gracefully sidestepped a Vampire's lunge, delivering a series of rapid punches before finishing with a powerful roundhouse kick that knocked the Vampire off balance.

Hwang Jae Hyun who watched these two was shocked and angry to the core. He thought of seperating these two so that he could catch them off guard but he has underestimated them.

All his men were on the ground groaning in pain, meanwhile the rouges he brought had fallen dead, with no hope of ever getting up. Blood soaked the wet ground mixing with rain. He didn't expect to lose so easily. No he won't lose at all.

Rummaging inside his cloak he found a seal which his master gave him for emergency. He would use this to trap the pheonix and then take down Byun Baekhyun all together.

He knows if he fought them head on he would die here. Smiling cunningly he gave one glance to the fighting duo before placing the seal on the ground.

Baekhyun noticed Hwang Jae Hyun's sneaky move from the corner of his eye. Glancing at Chanyeol, he saw him fully absorbed in dealing with the Rouges.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol's elongated claws tore through the throat of a Rogue, leaving a bloody mess. He breathed heavily, wiping blood off his face, and emitted a fierce growl. His silver-blue eyes held nothing but fury.

Amidst the chaos, Chanyeol heard a deep rumble. The rainy clouds still lingered as he turned to face the other side.

Hwang Jae Hyun activated the seal and at that moment Baekhyun saw it coming. In an instant, Baekhyun created a strong barrier- purple streaks emitated from the ground before it glowed. The harmful energy slammed against the barrier before it could reach Chanyeol.

The impact was powerful, pushing Chanyeol away to safety, but leaving Baekhyun to face the consequences. Black seals started to appear on his body before a strong thick demonic chain enclosed him in.

Chanyeol felt a sudden impact, a forceful blow that sent him flying backward. A loud ringing filled his ears, and black spots clouded his vision.

Just as he was on the brink of unconsciousness, he witnessed a dark purple barrier forming before him. Within that barrier, Baekhyun stood, surrounded by something ominous and black.

Shaking off his dizziness, Chanyeol struggled to get back on his feet, bewildered by the events that transpired moments ago.

His gaze fixed on the Vampire responsible, who was now laughing with anger in his eyes.

"Hahaha, look at you!" he sneered at Baekhyun. "Now that you got yourself trapped, let me take care of your dog for you”

Fury surged through Chanyeol as he watched the chains tighten around Baekhyun, the sensation was similar to someone squeezing his own heart.

"Aww, you poor thing. I know how painful it must be to follow this Byun Bastard, right?" Jae Hyun mocked, advancing towards Chanyeol. "I can understand. He is such a bastard, always putting himself above everyone”

Chanyeol's expression hardened as he locked eyes with Hwang Jae Hyun.

"I have a better offer for you. Let's kill this bastard and join hands with me. My master will provide everything that you need," Hwang Jae Hyun said with a smug smile.

Chanyeol felt the anger building up within him. His gaze shifted to the barrier enclosing Baekhyun, and as if sensing his stare, the blue-eyed Vampire looked up.

Their eyes met, and all Chanyeol could see was calm and coolness in those deep pools.

Hwang Jae Hyun continued his chatter, but Chanyeol paid him no heed. His attention was fixed on the barrier, especially the figure trapped within it.

Baekhyun stopped struggling, his expression turning thoughtful as if decoding something. He stretched out his hands, removing both gloves.

Chanyeol, though confused, maintained a blank expression to not raise suspicions. Baekhyun placed his bare hands over the chains, his palms started to glow purple and suddenly, the metal started to melt.

The scent of burning metal wafted through Chanyeol's senses. Soon enough the chains holding Baekhyun started to shake. Chanyeol could even see the sweat trickling down his forehead.

“So what do you say?” Hwang Jae Hyun’s voice startled Chanyeol.

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol turned to face Hwang Jae Hyun. The memories clicked – the angry bird.

"What exactly do you plan to do with Byun Baekhyun?" he asked, his voice calm.

In his mind, Chanyeol strategized, realising that if Baekhyun was going to free himself from those shackles, he needed to keep Hwang Jae Hyun occupied.

Hwang Jae Hyun tilted his head, humming silently. "Let's see, maybe fry him and let the wild animals feed on that bastard. He deserves even more horrible things. Why not just burn him and drag him all across the wilds so that everyone can realise how weak that abomination is.”

Chanyeol couldn't bear to hear any more words. With one glance at Baekhyun, he managed to control himself. Baekhyun was still trying, shaking at the moment, and all Chanyeol wanted was to burn this tormentor alive.

Chanyeol hummed, his hair locks casting shadows over his eyes. His wolf was seething with anger, eager to tear this man into pieces.

"Why do you hate him so much?" he wondered as he asked, trying to understand the depth of Hwang Jae Hyun's hatred.

Anger flashed on Hwang Jae Hyun's face. "Because he is too arrogant and self centred. He is weak and stupid, yet someone like him is under a great man like Master Xiu. He doesn't deserve it. That bastard has everyone on a leash, even though he couldn't even be compared to the top five Reagents of the wilds. He is a selfish, egoistic bastard who betrayed my master, and for that, I will kill him a thousand times.I will send him to hell for all I care!”

Chanyeol's fists clenched as he took a step forward, ready to silence Hwang Jae Hyun, only to hear a low groan.

Both their heads snapped at the sound coming from behind them. The purple barrier was down, and the demonic chains had melted away.

Baekhyun's entire form was drenched in sweat as his blue eyes locked onto Hwang Jae Hyun.

Hwang Jae Hyun's face contoured in anger before lunging towards Chanyeol and hissing at him with his fangs. “YOU FUCKER!”

Chanyeol dogged his advances and swiftly moved away. Chanyeol moved with incredible speed, and Hwang Jae Hyun couldn't even lay a finger on him.

As Hwang Jae Hyun closed on him, a figure appeared between them catching the Vampire off guard. Chanyeol was stunned when he saw a very angry Baekhyun but the exhaustion on his face was evident.

For the first time, Chanyeol witnessed Baekhyun revealing his fangs. Swallowing his uneasiness, he allowed Baekhyun to take control.

“You didn't ask why I let you go,” he whispered with a deadly glare.

Baekhyun swiftly closed in on Hwang Jae Hyun. With a burst of speed, Baekhyun sank his fangs deep into Hwang Jae Hyun's throat. A piercing scream echoed through the forest, sending a shockwave in the surrounding area.

The ordeal was far from over as Baekhyun pulled away, only to witness Hwang Jae Hyun's entire body starting to corrode. The screams shifted from painful to agonising.

“Now wonder that all the way to hell”

Chanyeol wasn't shaking, not even a bit afraid. Shocked, yes, but not scared. He had no idea what that purple thing was or how Baekhyun killed Hwang Jae Hyun, but he felt a curious itch. However, he decided not to ask.

As Hwang Jae Hyun fell apart on his knees, his screams resonated through the forest for at least ten minutes until his body completely deteriorated.

Chanyeol held back his words as Baekhyun slowly turned to face him. Blood stained his lips and teeth as he attempted to wipe it away. His complexion was pale, and he seemed utterly drained. With deliberate movements, he cleaned his mouth before swaying unsteadily.

Quick to react, Chanyeol caught the staggering Baekhyun. As Baekhyun coughed up blood, Chanyeol supported him.

"Damn, you're coughing up blood!" Chanyeol's panicked voice filled the air, to which Baekhyun replied with a sarcastic tone, "Thanks for pointing it out, genius," followed by another fit of coughing.

Attempting to stand straight, Baekhyun faltered and fell against Chanyeol, who steadied him.

"Let's get you back to Jongin. He might have some medicine," Chanyeol suggested urgently, scanning the surroundings. Despite the potential scolding, he was determined to carry Baekhyun all the way.

Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm okay."

"Okay, my goddess!" Chanyeol retorted, a hint of frustration in his tone. "You look like you're on the verge of collapsing. Please, do not give up Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun glared at Chanyeol through hooded eyes, but it didn't faze the Alpha, whose concern was evident.

"Enough. Let me lean against the tree. I have medicine," Baekhyun assured, attempting to steady himself and find a tree. However, he stumbled forward.

With quick reflexes, Chanyeol caught him again, perhaps a bit too firmly, causing Baekhyun to slam against his chest. Groaning, Baekhyun steadied himself and shot another glare at the tall Alpha.

Chanyeol's frown deepened, and then he opted for a gentler tone. "You can't even walk without stumbling. Let me carry you there.”

Baekhyun stayed defiant, his eyes drooping. "If you breathe a word of this to anyone..."

"Yeah, I promise. This stays between us. Please, Baekhyun," Chanyeol reassured, earning a hesitant reply.

Chanyeol led Baekhyun's one arm around his neck, placing the other over his own arm. "Hold tight."

Slowly and carefully, he lifted Baekhyun, whose head fell over his shoulder. Baekhyun's breathing was heavy, and his fingers clenched over Chanyeol's shirt. Chanyeol's heart thumped loudly and in rhythm with Baekhyun's own.

Shaking his head, Chanyeol swiftly made his way towards the nearby tree, carrying Baekhyun.

He positioned Baekhyun to lean against the tree and inquired about the location of the medicine. Retrieving it, Chanyeol discovered some green pills.

Baekhyun took one, swallowing it down, and then leaned his head against the tree. Finally allowing himself to succumb to exhaustion, he closed his eyes.

Chanyeol's worry lingered as he sat beside the fast-asleep Baekhyun. Using his long sleeves, he gently wiped away the blood left on Baekhyun's lips and cheeks.

“Thank You so much. Again” he whispered.

Chanyeol decided to wait until Baekhyun woke up so they could return together. With a sigh, he closed his eyes just as Baekhyun's head fell over his shoulder. The forest embraced them in a quiet dawn.

In a few minutes, the sun would rise, marking the beginning of a new day.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Happy New Year Guys! 🎉
Let's welcome 2024 soon. ❤️

Anyways, I loved writing this chapter. It might be my favourite since the first chapter. I hope you all like it too. 🤗

Thank you so much for Reading. Please vote and drop some warm comments. ❤️

Thankyou for 5K reads 🥳
Love you all 🙋

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.2K 164 18
When vampires exist in this world, who come out at night to hunt for humans, Y/N, a girl who was diagnosed with depression and had no will to live an...
2.2K 173 2
[SEBAEK 💗 COMPLETED] 8,108 words Baekhyun had been assigned to watch over Kyungsoo, to be his guardian angel of sorts. Everything was going perfectl...
797 221 22
He loves death, She loves living, He lives for her, She dies for him. In life time you can love millions of times, But one love will burn your soul...
10K 471 23
First fanfic Baekhyun: A young handsome hybrid, prince of his own kingdom, so many girls and boys even some gorgeous beasts are trying to get him. He...