Serra

Da mannsaira

In the solitude of unrequited love, I have danced alone, weaving dreams that were doomed from the start. Each... Altro

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
Xlll
XIV

XV

211 7 3
Da mannsaira

Serra and Siaan are going back to Efronia at the month's end. they both have been working some freelance work and travelling. her parents left one week before because her father's work leave ended. till then her schedule is packed she has some photoshoots and she is meeting some of her past life classmates of college for experience.  some of them have opened studios and some are working for brands. she reached out to contemporary photographers and is seeking them for experience and some of them agreed. 

her friend Laila also fixed a meeting with her and some classmates. although she isn't looking forward to that but she also kind of wants to see what other people are doing in their lives. she also got an offer from a brand that liked her work and some models picked her to shoot. if you have a big name in the model world you get to pick your photographer for the shoot but if you are a famous photographer you pick your models and if neither the photographer nor model is famous they just have to do the work they get.

for this work, her previous employer's good reference came in handy. apparently, those models had previously worked with her and her boss. they aren't Supermodels but they are famous so another thing on her record. Siaan these days is just slacking off and just sleeping. because he says he needs to prepare for the big workload which will come when they go back. he isn't taking much work here but is doing some editing and stuff of his work left. 

yesterday they made plans that once they save enough for their life to travel and much of their upcoming offspring they will travel the whole world but this task needs at least twenty years to make money and of course have ofprings as Siaan pointed out. it's actually a good feeling that Serra is getting from her relationship where she doesn't have to put effort herself to get the slight attention from the person she loves. he does little things for her which really makes her day. like starting the day with sweet kisses making her healthy breakfast and doing some chores at home since her parents left siaan moved into her bedroom. oh the effort he had to make to move to the room opposite next to him. 

one thing which Serra didn't notice before was that siaan has more luggage than her. when she asked what he had that much he just said clothes. She actually went through his stuff and found out that he had so many clothes. he just shrugged and said a guy gotta have to look his best when he is with the most beautiful girl. this boy really knows how to make her feel butterflies in her stomach.

"Hey, wanna hang out this weekend?" Laila texted her.

"Ok, I remember it was your treat this time."

"Yeah, and I think we old friends can hang out together."

"Who is coming there?" Now, Serra is a little flabbergasted as she was expecting to only catch up with Laila.

"Me, Evan, Nwasc, Epsita, and all."

"Oh, okay. Where are we all meeting?"

"Rydnergs."

"Isn't it too fancy?"

"Oh, just a get-together. We wanted to do it. Now, we're all doing great in our careers."

"Is everybody bringing their partners also?"

"You have a partner?"

"Boyfriend."

"Oh, yeah, if you want to, bring him too."

"Okay."

"See ya."

"Hmm."

A get-together. Oh, God. She hadn't seen them in ages, and she knew that they would bombard her with questions. At that time, she wanted to leave so that she didn't have to face anyone. At that time, she was just a teenage girl who made the decision to run away when she couldn't do anything, and coincidentally, her parents supported her. Sure, she made some friends; she also lost some. But she knows that nobody waits for anyone, and we just have to live our lives. It's not like without her friends she cannot move forward. Even if she can't, she has to.

 And she did move on. Now, she looks at the past, realizing she was just an immature girl who paid the price for her one-sided love imagination. But watching David again made her realize some things. Sure, she lost too much, but she got to redo her life. Even if it was a dream she saw, that dream really interpreted her life as it would have led, and she changed it. Now, she has friends who care for her, a boyfriend who loves her, and parents who support her. It's her safe bubble, and she doesn't want anyone to disturb it. She craves this stability. But she also can't not meet the person she literally ghosted.

She had to avoid David and Lily at all costs. She couldn't be friends with them after everything that happened. All her friends were friends with David. What reason could she have given to her friends to avoid David? Nothing. She couldn't have said that she was reborn or saw a dream about her future life. She needed a different approach to navigate this delicate situation.

Now that she had agreed, she knew she had to face her decision. Laila sent her the time and venue, and she informed Siaan about the get-together. He was genuinely delighted to meet her school friends, expressing that it would allow him to know his girlfriend a little better. She just laughed it off, though inside, she felt a mix of nervousness and anticipation. She confided in him about her apprehension, and he responded with a comforting smile. Taking her to the kitchen, he made her sit and prepared hot chocolate. As she sipped the warm beverage, he enveloped her in his embrace, and she found solace in his presence.

"I will be there for you, always, giraffe," he reassured her. "And what's there for you to be scared of?"

"You don't know that I kind of ghosted them, and now meeting them again, they would ask me all those questions, and I will get reminded of those memories which I don't want to. I'm scared," she admitted.

"Did you do anything wrong?" Siaan inquired gently.

Serra shook her head. "No, but I also didn't do anything right. Whatever I did, I did for my own protection. At that time, everything was so overwhelming, and I just wanted an escape. When I got the chance, I took it, and it was my decision to go no-contact."

"If you don't want to go, you can just say so. No one is going to force you. Whatever decision you make, I'm with you," he assured her.

"I know, and it's the silver lining of the whole situation," she acknowledged gratefully.

"Can I ask you why you felt overwhelmed?" Siaan asked softly.

"I don't want to hide anything from you, but it's my secret, which I don't want to share with anybody now. But I promise I will tell you whenever I'm ready," Serra replied earnestly.

"I will wait for you to be comfortable enough to share your secret, which you keep guarded," Siaan promised.

"You know that I love you," Serra said softly.

"Your every heartbeat belongs to me, your smile tells me more than your words, your eyes talk to me in the silence. I don't need you to assure me because I know you love me," Siaan responded, his words carrying a depth of sincerity that echoed in the quiet embrace.

As they lingered in each other's embrace, the weight of Siaan's words hung in the air, comforting Serra like a warm blanket on a cold night. She found solace in his unwavering support, his understanding gaze offering reassurance amidst her uncertainties.

With a sense of gratitude filling her heart, Serra leaned into Siaan's embrace, finding comfort in the rhythm of his heartbeat. In that moment, she realized the depth of their connection transcended mere words; it was a silent understanding that bound them together, weathering the storms of life with unwavering strength.

Feeling a sense of calm wash over her, Serra knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, she had Siaan by her side, a steadfast presence in the ever-changing currents of life. With him, she felt empowered to face the uncertainties of the upcoming gathering, knowing that his love would be her guiding light through the shadows of her past.

As they savoured the quiet intimacy of the moment, Serra felt a newfound sense of peace settles within her. With Siaan's love as her anchor, she felt ready to confront the ghosts of her past, knowing that together, they could navigate any challenges that lay ahead.

On Saturday, Serra and Siaan meticulously prepared for the gathering, opting for formal attire to match the elegance of the restaurant they were destined for. With the anticipation of the evening hanging in the air, they hurriedly readied themselves for the occasion.

Serra, with a sense of urgency, slipped into her heels, the click-clack echoing through the room as she hastened her movements. Meanwhile, Siaan, focused and composed, meticulously tied his tie, ensuring every fold and knot was just right.

As he finished, Siaan gracefully retrieved Serra's clutch, a small yet meaningful gesture that underscored his thoughtful nature. With a tender touch, he enveloped her hand in his, their fingers intertwining as they made their way downstairs.

Just as they reached the lobby of their apartment building, the sound of their taxi's arrival echoed through the foyer. With seamless coordination, they settled into the backseat, the driver ushering them towards Rydnergs with practised ease.

As the car glided through the streets, a palpable silence enveloped them. Yet, amidst the quietude, Siaan's comforting presence served as a beacon of reassurance for Serra. With a gentle touch, he intertwined their fingers, offering silent support that gradually eased her nervousness, allowing her to find solace in their shared moment.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

35.5K 802 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
1.2K 151 29
" YOU ARE SO ANNOYING! JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE ! WITHOUT YOU , MY LIFE WOULD BE BETTER ! " I bit my lip and tried so hard to hold back my tears , " I...
39.8K 1.7K 14
I have always been unlucky with love huh... I'm the 'Unrequited Love Repeater' that's right. It's almost like Cupid himself hates my entire existence...
104K 3.3K 36
Four years ago, a 13-year-old blackmailed me into friendship by holding my doughnut captive. We've been close ever since. I soon noticed that I wante...