Dead Soup

By TimeAngelLOL

Rody goes back to working for Vince after Manon never answered him, he still needed the job after all. He slo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifthteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Bonus Chapter One

Chapter Eight

3.5K 109 258
By TimeAngelLOL

Rody groans, exhausted and so, so very much on the edge of completely breaking down.

He hates himself, hates how pathetic he is, and how he can't do anything right. He had a particularly rude customer come in, one that was cold and demanding, one he never wanted to deal with again.

Who was this customer? Manon's father.

He'd come in alone, asking for several bottles of wine to go, since apparently La Gueule de Saturne has some of the best wine money can buy.

Rody remembered that to-go items weren't something the bistro did, and while he tried to calmly explain this to his ex-girlfriend's dad, the man slapped him.
It's not the first time Rody has been slapped before working this job, but this, this was a lot different.

The man didn't even show any remorse, and just kept yelling at Rody while demanding he bring him the wine.
Rody never visited Manon's family for a reason, a good reason.

And it was exactly this. He was treated like garbage, which was normal for Rody. But when it was his ex-girlfriend's parents, it felt worse.

He really didn't need a reminder of how horrible and pathetic he was, yet here it was, having just slapped him.
He was so close to just snapping, completely breaking down and losing his mind. Which he did, pretty quickly too.

He just took a deep breath, handed Manon's dad the wine he was forced to carry around, and walked back through the kitchen and to the outdoors.
Where he promptly collapsed to the ground, and pulled his knees against his chest.

Tears pricked his eyes, and his held onto himself tightly. He wished he could rip himself apart right then and there, just tear himself open and die.
But he couldn't do that, so he just sat there, holding back tears.

His cheek stung, and his body ached from exhaustion. He felt sick, horrible sick. His body trembled, the weight of the past week threatening to completely crush him.

He just wanted to go home, lay down, and just let his emotions out. He couldn't handle all of this.

He couldn't handle Manon's disappearance, he couldn't handle his questions about Vince, and he sure as hell couldn't handle being slapped for simply doing his job.
If he had the guts, he would have slapped that man back, maybe even do worse, but he couldn't- it would just end horribly.

Rody sighed, he just needed a break. He needed just a few minutes of peace, where he was alone and could rest. That was all he wanted.
And thankfully, he was able to have it.

His eyes began to feel heavy, and before he knew it, he'd drifted off to sleep.
Sure, he was outside under the cloudy sky next to a dumpster, but it was better than nothing.

He just needed rest, that's all he wanted. Plus, it wasn't like anyone would care that he'd disappeared for a bit. Why would they anyway? He was horrible at his job, so everyone was probably gald he was gone.

Probably.

-

-

-

Rody woke up to the sound of thunder, and the feeling of cold water against his skin. He thought he was still outside for a moment, but he wasn't, surprisingly.

He was inside, wrapped in a towel and laid down against what felt like a bed.

He sat up, looking around dazed and confused. It was dark outside, rain pouring down heavily. He was inside Vince's apartment, in his room.
Why the hell was he in Vince's room?!

He quickly stood up, only to fall back onto the bed, his legs shaky and numb. His whole body felt numb.
He sat up, and realized his was trembling.

How long has he been outside, and how long has he been asleep?

Just as Rody was about to attempt standing up again, Vince walked in. He paused, staring at Rody in silence for a few moments, before he promptly walked over to him.

"Stay." He said, walking past the bed and Rody over to his wardrobe. He knelt down, opening one of the bottom drawers.
Rody sat still, confused, numb, and tired.

He was still questioning why he was in Vince's apartment, and why he was in his room. Had Vince carried him inside or something?
If he had it must've been quite a while after Rody disappeared, he probably didn't even notice at first.

Vince walked over to Rody, and handed him some dry clean clothes. "Here, put these on. I don't want you getting sick because you fell asleep in the rain." He said, walking out of the room to give Rody some privacy.

Vince knew what happened with Rody and Manon's dad, he saw it through his peephole thing. He'd immediately gone out back to check on Rody, who was already passed out when he arrived. And then went to deal with the customer, having been able to hear him screaming all the way from the back door.

Vince was gone for five minutes, and when he came back to get Rody, it was pouring rain. He was surprised he hadn't woken up from it, especially since he'd thought Rody was a light sleeper.
He must've been really tired, especially since he stayed asleep all through Vince carrying him upstairs, placing him on his bed, and wrapping him in a towel.

He'd actually barely left the room to do something when Rody woke up. He'd planned to dry him off while he was asleep, and change him out of the wet clothes. But luckily he didn't have to, since Rody was awake now.

Rody quickly got dressed into the clothes Vince had given him, and dried himself off very lazily.

His body felt cold and numb, so he wasn't that good at getting dried off or dressed, but he still managed.
He attempted standing again after getting dressed, and this time was able to keep his balance.

He walked over to the door and opened it, where he found Vince waiting outside for him.

Vince was grateful that Rody was alright, and had managed to make it out of the room. He may or may not have been worried about him, since he'd been sitting in the rain for only god knows how long.
He could have gotten hypothermia while being out there.

"Are you alright Rody?" Vince asked, walking over to his very tired and exhausted looking waiter.
"I'm f-fine.. I think.. just- confused, and cold." Rody said, combining a hand through his damp and messy hair.

Vince suddenly grabbed Rody, pulling him close against his body. Rody froze up, his face going red. He almost pulled away from Vince, but then he realized how warm and comforting he felt, and he suddenly didn't dare move an inch.

"Jesus, you're freezing cold Rody." Vince said, a small shiver running up his spine from how cold Rody's body felt against his own.
"Please go to my office the next time something you can't handle happens, I don't want you getting sick." He said, his arms barely wrapped around Rody.

"I-i didn't want to bother you.. I-i thought you were sure going to fire me or something for storming off.." Rody mumbled, desperately nuzzling Vince for his warmth.
He shivered, his body slowly regaining some form of feeling as it was warmed up by Vince. He didn't want to move, didn't want to let go, he desperately needed the warmth.

Vince sighed, and carefully moved over to his bedroom door with Rody still in his arms. He managed to open it, and pull Rody inside. He walked over to his bed, and gently sat down with Rody on the edge.

"You wouldn't have bothered me." He muttered, grabbing the towel Rody had left behind, and wrapping it around the shivering red head.
He pulled away from him, and gently placed his hand against his cheek, the one that had been slapped.

"I can't believe that asshole slapped you." Vince said, almost sounding as if he was angry. "I need you to rest for now Rody, you look like crap." He added, pulling back and standing up.

Rody grabbed Vince's arm quickly, not wanting him to go. He was warm, and comforting. He needed him.

"Can you s-stay.. y-you're warm.." He muttered, looking up at Vince with pleading eyes.
Vince paused, his head skipping a beat almost. He wanted to say no, but at the same time he didn't. And with the way Rody was giving him those eyes, he really couldn't help but give in.

"Fine, but if you get me sick I'm firing you." He said, moving back onto the bed. "I-i'd take care of y-you if you got sick.. shut up." Rody mumbled, immediately wrapping his arms around Vince, holding onto him like his life depended on it.

He didn't feel like questioning this, he was too cold, too tired, he didn't care.
He could question this and his feelings for Vince all he wanted later, right now, he just wanted his warmth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 26.3K 68
"It's true what they say about you, isn't it? You really did sip tea and smile as you watched humanity fall apart." "Nope," he said. "I sipped whiske...
5.9K 125 27
2 men who refuse to accept themselves and there past can not properly cope and move on. when Niragi and Chishiya- who both absolutely loathe eachothe...
580K 24K 68
Rhea, a normal college student who's drowning in loans and debt, dies by the infamous truck-sama. Unwillingly being bounded to a System, She is force...
16.7K 243 16
no smut!!! this is my first fanfic and idk if it's any good. not planned out. I just recently got into the Black Phone and oml its the best live acti...