Never Without You │ BOTW mode...

By Finnclarkson

A relationship between an internationally praised athlete and a straight A student who hates any kind of atte... More

Quick Welcome Back!
Different
Your Fault
One More Day
Just the Two of Us
Broken
I Had So Many Reasons
Birthday Candles
Make a Wish
Tell Me Everything's Fine
Expelled
The Heart of Hyrule
Consequences
A One-Time Thing
Drunk
No Means No
Fool
I Do
You
A Good Day
Do It Again
Happiness
There's Nothing Wrong With Being a Virgin
A Dead Sparrow On The Pavement
Hey
Overthinking is a Waste of Time
Letting Go and Moving On
3F
Aryll
よろしくおねがいします
宮本リンク
みらい
おやすみ
コンビニ
夏祭り
ルト
過去
新しい関係と古い傷跡
立ち呑みやま
祇園 小森
Hero
Good Person
Bad Person
Breaking Up
I haven't been honest about Ruto
All the Things that Hurt Us
Breath of the Wild
Mount Lanayru
Slumbering Power
Just Feel
Never Without You
While We Were Gone
Hyrule University vs. Karusa Valley
You and Me, No Lovers
A Smile on Revali's Sour Face
Kiroh
Taking a Shower
Can't Always Get What You Want
Homeless
Another Smiley Face on the Glass
Mía
Death Wish
Not Safe
Prison
Consent
Taking a Life
Already dead
Everything I Do is For Us
I'm Not Going Anywhere
If you could snap your fingers and make it all go away
Flowers and Chocolate
Bus Stop
Deku
We're Not Friends
Temptation
Nobody to Blame
Love Can Take Many Forms
Therapy
A Complex Puzzle
Lemonade
Shad
Bonfire
When She Gives Her Heart to Him, She Breaks My Heart in Two
The Crying of Lot 49
Eternal Riddler
Ramses
Game of Doors
Brothers
We Are Getting Married
Bumblebee
Tennis Ball
I Made Sure of That
Thanksgiving
Just For One Night

I Vowed to Protect Your Daughter

2.4K 76 280
By Finnclarkson

Extra long chapter because it's the last chapter of the year!! 

What are your new year's resolutions? 

-------------

Zelda's POV

After class, I rush home, praying that Malice didn't burn down the house or murder my staff. I'm in such a hurry to get inside that I park like a maniac, barely leaving room for Father's car in a garage that should be big enough to fit three trucks.

I storm inside and up the stairs. The house is quiet. Too quiet.

Scared of finding Malice's dead body, I burst into the guestroom. Panting, wheezing, sweating, I take a deep breath.

"Took you long enough," Malice complains, lying on the bed with the bin close by. She looks fine, apart from the pale skin and dark shadows under her eyes. But at least she's alive and everything seems to be in the ordinary.

"Did everything go okay today? No trouble?" I ask, pretending I didn't just speed the entire way home to check on her.

"I'm starving, other than that everything's fine," she says.

"You haven't eaten?"

"How would I? You told me not to leave the room under any circumstances. What am I supposed to eat? Pillow cases and goose feathers?"

"So you didn't leave the room at all today?"

"If I had, I would've snuck into the kitchen to get something to eat."

"I'll get you something right away," I say. "What do you want?"

"I don't know," she shrugs. "Anything really. But no nuts. And no bacon. I hate bacon."

"How about meatloaf?" I ask and she almost throws up from the mere mention of such a hearty meal. "No meatloaf. Noted. Lasagna? Pasta?"

"I need something bland."

"Chips?"

"Something more than chips!"

"Rice?"

"That's too dry..."

I roll my eyes in exhaustion. "Just come with me and choose something from the fridge," I say.

"What about your staff?"

"The maid is cleaning the pool house this time of day and it usually keeps her occupied for about an hour. Cado is guarding the gate outside, and the chef usually arrives around 6 pm, which gives us at least half an hour to visit the kitchen for some snacks. Do you think that's enough time for your picky stomach to pick something out?"

Malice gets up in laden steps. She follows me down to the kitchen, unseen by anyone. I open the fridge for her but nothing seems appealing to her. On a mission to find food, she starts looking through all the cabinets and pantries.

"Stop moving everything around," I tell her after she picks up her fifth item only to put it back down. "I'm sure the chef has a system, and I don't want him to cause suspicion by asking my father why everything is at a new spot."

Malice raises her hands in surrender, her eyes full of sarcasm. Then she continues to look through the cabinets.

"Have the symptoms gotten any better?" I ask her, nibbling on a strawberry while she keeps searching for a suitable snack.

"Yeah. Still want to sell my left kidney for a cig, but I guess the fever isn't as bad anymore. Haven't puked today either."

"That's good," I say. "I'm proud of you."

"Don't be."

"I am."

She shakes her head, having seized the search. Her eyes aimed downward, she lets out an unsteady sigh. "Remember that homeless guy at the bus station this morning?"

"What about him?" I ask.

"He said he had coke."

"The drug?" I ask in shock.

"Yes, the drug. He offered me some in exchange for a BJ." Her muscles tense, her eyes stay down. "I was so grossed out."

"Anyone would be."

"Yet..." she's shaking and I don't know if I should comfort her or keep my distance and listen. "I didn't decline his offer."

"What are you saying?"

"I just stood there. Speechless. Not because I didn't know what to say but because I was actually considering it..."

"Malice..." I take a step toward her, feeling the need to hug her.

"I wasn't gonna do it," she assures me. Or maybe she's assuring herself. "It's just... The fact that I even considered it makes me sick!"

I place my hand on her shoulder and she flinches, not from my touch but from the sound coming from the hallway.

"Was that a door?" Malice whispers. "Did somebody just get home?"

The sound of an unmistakable voice reaches us and it only takes a second to realize that Father is home early. I stare at the direction of the voice as if my eyes could look through walls.

"Thank you. Is my daughter home yet?" Father's voice travels faintly through the hallway. I can't believe he only ever shows up when I really don't want him to!

"Zelda!" Malice whispers, trying to snap me out of it.

"Yes sir," the maid's voice follows. "She is upstairs, I believe."

Christmas, birthdays, graduations, he missed them all! But every time I want him gone, there he is, following me to the frat house, catching me with Link on campus, and coming home during the worst times!

"Go get her," Father tells the maid. "There is something I have to discuss with her."

"Certainly, sir," the maid replies.

"Zelda!" Malice waves her hand in front of my rigid eyes.

This is just like that time when I had Link over for the first time! It was almost exactly one year ago!

"Oh, and also," Father continues with a dismissive tone, "I noticed your little oversight–you left the window wide open in one of the guest bedrooms. Please close it promptly. We certainly wouldn't want insects to invade the place, now, would we?"

"Of course, sir," the maid's voice has shrunk to a size barely audibly from the kitchen.

Suddenly Father's footsteps echo closer and the feeling in my legs returns.

I turn around, facing Malice with panic and fury. "You left the window open?" I scold her in a whisper.

"You told me to keep the door shut all day," Malice yells back in an even quieter whisper.

"So?" I question in panic.

"So I get claustrophobic," she says. "If the door has to be shut, at least let me open the window!"

"Zelda?" Father asks from the hallways. He must have heard us!

"Hide!" I say, pushing Malice inside the pantry. I shut the door, but she instantly opens it again.

"I can't deal with closed rooms!" she panics.

I push her back inside the pantry just as Father steps into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Father questions, locking eyes with my nervous stare. "Hylia, what happened to your face?" he gasps in shock, eager to get a closer look.

I completely forgot about the bandage on my cheek! "It's nothing," I say and try to change the subject. "Are we going to dine together? Is that why you came home early?"

"I'm not staying," he says. "I'm simply changing into one of my tailored suits for tonight's event."

I'm so focused on the pantry door that is leaning an inch open that I instinctively nod at whatever it is Father just told me. I force my eyes to stay on him, guiding his attention away from Ganon's homeless pet girl that is hiding in the pantry. The open pantry. Goddamn it, Malice! Close that door before he sees that it's open! Don't let him find you!

"Will you be attending?" Father asks me.

"Attending what?" I say, shifting my attention back to him.

"The welcoming speech."

"Oh, er, no, I will not."

He frowns, "That is unfortunate. May I ask why?"

"I already heard it last year," I tell him. "And I'm busy anyways."

"With what?"

"Homework. Lots of homework."

"This early into the semester?"

"Can't start early enough," I say and he nods in agreement.

"Very well then." He steps closer, my heart beating faster with each step. I position myself between him and the pantry, guarding the pantry like a bouncer guards a club. "Tell me what happened to your cheek."

"Just a little accident." I sigh as if I was embarrassed about it, "I was reading a book while walking and tripped."

"Did you hit your face on the concrete?"

"Well, actually, I sort of scraped my cheek on the sharp counter of a nearby table."

"Zelda, dear..." He steps closer to examine the wound.

"It's nothing. Just a small cut."

"Did the nurse take care of it?" He asks and I nod.

"Yes, it's all taken care of, don't worry."

Father studies my face for a moment. I hope he believes me and won't ask any questions.

"Zelda, I think we should talk."

"Right now? I thought you said you weren't staying long."

"The lawsuit," he says. "I think we should talk about it before I head back to campus."

I shake my head. As curious as I am about the case, Malice mustn't know any details about the lawsuit. I still don't know if we can trust her not to stab us in the back. Figuratively as well as literally. She defended Karusa, calling him her brother. If she finds out the slightest details about the lawsuit, she might run off and tell him.

"I don't feel like discussing that right now," I say. "Perhaps another time."

Father seems surprised and confused. He squints at me, trying to find any sarcasm or disrespect on my face.

"I'm sorry," I continue distracting him. "I'm just tired, okay? We can talk another time."

"Zelda... I haven't seen you in over a month. I want to talk to you."

"Let's talk about Japan then, or New York," I offer.

"Mh..." he's still trying to read my intentions. "Alright."

I nod. "Let's go to the living room, shall we?" Anywhere that isn't the kitchen. I'll come back later, once Father has left the house, and get Malice back to the guest room.

The guest room! Oh no! The maid is on her way upstairs, and if she gets there before me, she'll find a messy bed, medications, and a big stain on the floor.

"Actually," I let out a hurried chuckle, "I have to grab something from upstairs. Why don't you head to the living room and I will meet you there."

Before I get the chance to leave the kitchen, the maid has returned with a rather unsettling look on her face.

"What is it?" Father asks her disgruntled.

The maid, doomed to be the messenger of bad news, tells my father nervously, "It appears that someone has been sleeping in the guest bedroom."

"Who?" Father asks.

"I'm not sure, there is nobody upstairs," the maid answers, her voice shaky.

"Who," Father asks again, eying me from the side with a stern and angry look on his face. "Zelda?"

"I don't know," I shrug.

"Zelda," Father warns with a sigh. "Do not lie now. Has someone been staying at this house without my knowledge?"

"No."

"If I find out that you're lying, this will have consequences..."

In the corner of my eye, I watch in terror as the door to the pantry opens. Why is Malice opening the door? Why now? With a swift step, I push back the door, shutting it fully this time. Malice gasps on the other side and tries to push it open.

"Zelda, what has gotten into you?" Father asks, stepping closer with his eyes on the door behind me.

I can sense Malice's panic through the wall, I can hear her hectic breaths behind the door, I can feel her hands on the handle, I grip it tighter, keeping it shut as she wiggles and pulls on it. I can't let him see her! I hold on to the handle with all my force, preventing her from getting out.

The sound of the doorbell rings through the kitchen, momentarily taking our attention away from the pantry.

The maid leaves the kitchen to see who's at the front door. Father stays. Malice continues to pull the handle.

As a last resort to distract Father from the pantry, and the girl that is suffocating inside, I tell him, "You're right, we should talk about the lawsuit. Let's go to the living room."

But Father is determined to get to the bottom of this. "Who's been staying at the house?"

"I already told you," I say.

"You are clearly lying, Zelda. What are you hiding?"

"Nothing!"

"Then step away from the pantry," he orders.

The maid has returned, "Dr. Hyrule?" Judging by how pale she is, bad news will follow once again.

"What now?" Father barks at her.

"Link Miyamoto is at the door."

"Send him away," Father commands the maid. "I have a feeling Zelda is going to be grounded tonight."

"Father!" I huff.

"Sir," the maid cuts in. "Apparently Link is here to see you, not Zelda."

"What?" Father and I ask simultaneously.

The maid nods. "He's waiting in the foyer."

"Can it wait?" Father asks.

"It seems... important," the maid says. "You should see for yourself."

Father sighs. "Zelda, if I find out that your boyfriend has been staying the night without my permission you're going to be in a lot more trouble."

Father turns away and leaves the kitchen to attend to the door. The maid stays, holding my gaze.

"What?" I ask her.

"What happened to Link's face?" She asks me noisily.

Malice throws herself against the pantry door, almost breaking free.

"Don't you have a pool house to clean?" I ask the maid annoyed. "Go now, what are you waiting for?"

The maid nods, apologizes, and leaves. Finally!

As soon as she is out of sight, I open the door to the pantry. Malice is on the floor, heaving and sweating, still clinging to the handle.

"Malice!" I whisper in shock and kneel down to help her. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!"

I feel horrible. Not only did I lock her in a tight room despite her claustrophobia, but I yelled at the maid the way my father sometimes does. I hate acting like him but I didn't have a choice! Malice was panicking and the maid wasn't going to go unless I told her to.

I feel absolutely horrible. I never wanted to turn into my father, even if it saved Malice from getting caught.

"Son of a bitch," she croaks.

"Why were you trying to leave the pantry!" I scold her. "Why did you open the door!"

"I didn't want you to take the blame for all of this," she says. "I didn't want him to hurt you."

"Who?" I ask confused.

"Your father! I didn't want you to get punished for my actions."

"My father has never laid a hand on me," I say, supporting her head with my hand.

"Oh," she sits up to catch her breath.

"Are you okay?"

She takes another deep breath and rasps, "Yeah. Just don't like closed rooms."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't want him to catch you. There's no way he'd let you stay if he found out about you."

"It's fine. At least I found something to eat," she chuckles exhausted, revealing a box of Belvita biscuits in her hand.

"Great," I nod, still feeling out of breath. I pull her up and give her some support. "Let's go then. I have to get you back to my room before my father returns."

Rhoam's POV

I sigh deeply as I pass through the grand foyer. The marble floor appears unpolished, barely reflecting the soft glow of crystal chandeliers above. The maid has been sloppy recently, I will have a word with her when I'm done with Link.

My annoyance bubbles up; I was just in the middle of a conversation with my daughter, who is acting more than strangely. I suspect Link is the one who has been staying in the guest bedroom while I was away on my business trip, and if my gut is right, then Link has some explaining to do.

I stride towards the ornate front door, my suit exuding authority. Two things immediately strike me about Link's appearance. First, his face is marred with bruises and cuts. Second, he's wearing a surprisingly sharp suit, contrasting starkly with his normally careless attire.

"Link," I greet the young athlete with a nod, my voice maintaining a formal tone.

"Hello, Dr. Hyrule," Link responds, his eyes betraying a hint of nervousness.

"Now is not a good time," I curtly state, my irritation evident. "Go home."

"Please, it will only take a moment."

I narrow my eyes at him. "Link, you are way out of line here," I assert, my voice unwavering. "I know you've been staying overnight without my permission."

Link takes a deep breath and steps forward, his resolve apparent. "I can explain everything."

"Not now, I have somewhere to be."

"I won't take much of your time, I promise."

"What is this about, Link?"

"It's about Zelda."

A fleeting second glance at Link's refined suit triggers a cascade of thoughts and concerns in my mind. What is it that he wishes to confide about my daughter, and does it connect to his attire and urgency? If he reveals a ring in his pocket, I–

Hiding the thought, I reluctantly agree, gesturing for him to follow me into my office. Once inside, I sit behind my desk, my expression still stern.

"Very well, Link. Speak quickly. What is it you have to say?"

Link's discomfort is palpable, hesitancy painted across his face as he begins to speak. "I lied, I'm sorry," he says, his voice filled with sincerity. "This is not about Zelda. Not fully at least." A sense of remorse is written across his face that I cannot ignore. "It's about me, and how my actions have affected you."

"What actions?" I question, eying the marks on his face. Did Link and Zelda get into an accident? I try to recall whether Zelda had any visible injuries on her body other than the one on her face. I only saw her for a brief moment, but she seemed otherwise healthy.

"When Zelda and I got back from Japan, I found out that I got kicked out of the fraternity, where I used to live. Zelda was kind enough to take me in since I had nowhere else to go. I knew it might not be okay with you and I also knew she wasn't going to tell you until you got back. So I apologize for doing this behind your back; that was not right of us, and it won't happen again."

I lean back in my chair, my expression softening as I listen. "Is that all?"

"No, there's more." Link exhales, his eyes locking onto mine. "I got into a fight with Karusa."

My brow furrows, my muscles tense. "This is a joke, Link! It must be!"

He shakes his head, his fingers laced together in a display of earnestness. "I know it looks bad, and there's no excuse for it. But I'm committed to making amends. I've already taken the first step by going to the biweekly counseling session at HU. I'm determined to not only address my anger issues but to also gain better control over my impulses. I just felt like you should know."

"Do you have any idea what you've done? You can't comprehend the magnitude of problems you are causing with this."

"I have an idea..." he says. "It affects the school's lawsuit against Karusa, doesn't it?"

"Yes, if Karusa decides to use it against us."

"I'm glad you're taking legal actions against him," Link says. "He deserves to go down for what he did to Zelda and the school, and I wish I hadn't gotten involved with him again. I understand that my fight with him might have jeopardized your chances in court and I'm truly sorry about that. If there is anything I can do–"

"Oh you've done plenty," I remark firmly. "Another fight, Link? Have you not learned anything from your past mistakes?"

"I'm working on getting better," he remains calm.

I let out a sigh, my disappointment tempered by his determination to change. "I must ask... Did you lose control with my daughter?"

"What?" he asks disarmed.

"The bruise on her face... Was that you?" I clarify, anger coursing through me.

"No, of course not!" Link exclaims defensively. "I would never hit her!"

"How can I trust your word?" I ask, my voice tinged with worry.

"Sir, I understand my past actions don't exactly paint a pretty picture of me but I could never... Sir, I vowed to protect your daughter. I would never hurt her!"

"You already have, Link! On multiple occasions. Dragging her to parties, inviting her to live in a fraternity home with a bunch of boys, tainting her reputation, and getting involved with those Boars... All those weeks you lay in a coma, do you have any idea how difficult that time was for her? She didn't come home for days. She didn't eat or sleep. She got harassed by reporters, she received awful messages from strangers on the internet, she neglected her studies, nearly failing one of her courses. Worst of all, she blamed herself for everything, all because of a fight involving you and those Boars."

"I never meant to hurt her..."

"And yet you've gotten into another fight with that boy. I could expel you again, don't you know that?"

Link nods. "I know. I hope you won't. I am truly working on myself."

"We've already given you a second chance by overturning your expulsion once, Link. Second chances are a rarity, and not everyone gets the privilege of redemption. Don't let it go to waste."

"I'm not trying to waste it."

"Then what are your intentions with all of this? Why come to me?"

"I came here to ask you for advice," Link admits. "I'm trying to get better but I don't have all the answers yet... I can't do it alone. So if there is anything you have to say to me, I will listen to you."

"So you expect me to fix your problems for you?" I challenge him. "What if I tell you there is nothing you can do?"

He shakes his head, "You can tell me I'm a lost cause all you want but I will still try. I didn't come here so you can fix me, I came here because I'm taking every opportunity that could help me get better, and you're one of them."

With those words, a realization dawns upon me. I've been scolding the young man when he had come here seeking guidance, not punishment.

I clear my throat, finding the right balance of criticism and understanding. "Link, I must express my deep disappointment in your recent actions. Getting into a fight with Valley was not only reckless but also ill-advised. Your actions... not only do they reflect poorly on you, but they also have the potential to tarnish my reputation and complicate the lawsuit further. I hope you recognize that you cannot continue on this path of impulsiveness. Your actions have ramifications that extend beyond yourself. If you genuinely wish to make amends, you must exercise better judgment and restraint."

My words can be quite daunting sometimes. Over the years, I've had to make the difficult decisions to fire employees, deliver rejections following job interviews, and rebuke people for their mistakes. Typically, the one seated across from my desk wears a nervous expression during these conversations.

My eyes study Link, who sits before me like so many others have in the past.

Link is not like them. My words don't seem to instill fear in him; instead, they appear to ignite a fire within him. His determination and discipline far surpass the level where he would simply surrender in the face of a challenge. He is strong-minded. Which makes him stubborn and impulsive at times, but those traits can be tamed with the right approach.

"The future is uncertain," I continue. "It is imperative that you take immediate and resolute measures to set things right. First and foremost, you must prioritize your counseling at Hyrule University. Attend each session diligently and engage wholeheartedly in the process of self-improvement. Your ability to control your impulses and anger is now your priority."

I take a moment to let my words sink in before proceeding.

"Additionally, it is important that you stay clear of any further confrontations or conflicts, especially with Karusa Valley. Do not, in any way, interact with him or any of his associates." I lean forward slightly, my gaze unwavering. "I also expect your cooperation in our ongoing lawsuit. Provide statements if required and do not mention to anyone how you received those marks on your face. Tell them you got into a car accident if you must, but do not mention that fight to anyone. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"Very well, Link. You have much to prove, both to yourself and to those who believe in your ability to change."

"I want you to know that I didn't get into a fight on purpose," Link reveals. "It happens out of my control. And although you don't have to believe me, I can promise you that this was my last fight. I want to get better, I want to have control over myself, which is why I'm taking the counseling seriously and why I came to you for advice. There's nothing that is more important to me than to be good for Zelda and help her strive. I will do everything I can to give her the life she deserves, it just takes time."

I consider his words carefully. Do I believe what he is saying? It's evident that he's being genuine, and the weight of his commitment to change is clear in his voice. He claims he didn't seek out that fight, I think to myself, but regardless of the circumstances, he acknowledges his role in it.

I suppose whether I believe what he is saying doesn't matter. His intentions with my daughter are honorable, and he's willing to invest the time and effort needed to make amends.

"I understand that my daughter means a great deal to you," I say. "I also recognize your desire to improve yourself, and I wholeheartedly wish you success in that endeavor. There isn't much I can do for you but to support your choice and pretend I did not learn about that fight with Valley. I think it's best if we leave it at that."

"Okay," he nods calmly. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet," I sigh. "I hope you understand that you cannot stay at this house any longer. If word gets out that I'm fostering you, it could compromise the lawsuit further."

His response is a subdued "Oh," his head bowed in contemplation, no doubt assessing his limited options. I massage my temples, torn between my responsibilities and a desire to offer a helping hand.

After a moment's reflection, I give in. "You may stay for tonight," I announce, "giving you plenty of time to secure alternative housing by tomorrow."

"I understand. I will find another place to stay for the future."

"I do appreciate your compliance with my rules while I was away on business. I know you and Zelda slept in separate rooms, which demonstrates not only your respect for me but also for my daughter. Zelda is still young, and I am protective of her."

"So am I, and I would never do something she isn't ready for," Link replies, slightly turning red. "But just so you know, Zelda is the one who made that decision. She didn't do it for you, or for me. Even in Japan, she refused to share the bed. She always makes the decision that she believes is wisest. So I think you can trust her to make the right decisions sometimes. I know she's your only daughter, and she's still young, and you love her, but she deserves some credit. She's stronger than you know and her decisions might not always be the best, but they're always in good intention, and she's always willing to learn from her mistakes."

Link's words catch me off guard, and there's a subtle hint of defiance in his tone. He's aware of it, but he maintains strong posture and eye contact. It seems that my opinion of Zelda is more important to Link than my opinion of him.

"That's all I had to say," Link concludes after a few seconds of silence.

I consider his words carefully, acknowledging the truth in them. "Very well," I relent. "I appreciate your willingness to come here and discuss your fight in person. I do hope this incident serves as a valuable lesson for you. I won't always be here to protect you from expulsion or extend my hospitality. And Link... If you decide to continue on this path of violence and stubbornness, avoid entangling Zelda in your mess."

Link swallows hard, his expression blank. As he nods, it's left to my own interpretation to discern the complex blend of emotions—perhaps a dash of anger, frustration, relief, and appreciation, all swirling within him.

"I must go now, I'm already running late." With everything settled, I rise from my desk, adjusting my suit jacket, and check my watch. "I'll be back in a couple of hours. You can stay here while I'm gone, but I expect you to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight."

"Of course. Thank you, sir, I won't cause any trouble."

"Also, for the love of Hylia, please schedule an appointment at the Hyrule Health Center tomorrow. The school has an excellent nursing program and their treatments are covered by your tuition. Take advantage of it, make those marks disappear."

Link nods once more.

As I exit my office and make my way upstairs, I can't help but feel a twinge of empathy for Link's predicament. It's a complex situation, and I hope that his determination to change and make amends will guide him toward a better future–one that doesn't endanger my daughter or tarnish my reputation.

His words still echo through my mind. "It happens out of my control," he told me. I do wonder if Zelda is safe around him. She's always been an exceptional young woman, academically gifted, possessing the potential for greatness. Her intelligence sets her apart, and I've always believed she could achieve remarkable things in this world. But there's a vulnerability in her that worries me deeply.

Her heart, so full of compassion, often leads her to prioritize others above herself. She's quick to extend a helping hand, even to those who may not truly deserve it. It's a quality that makes her special, but it also leaves her susceptible to dangers.

What if she wants to help Link and gets herself hurt in the process?

Link's history of impulsiveness and brawls weighs heavily on my mind. He may be a disciplined athlete, but is he truly the right match for Zelda? Does she need someone with a stronger academic background, a partner who is focused on a stable career path? Perhaps someone from a family with financial security, social status, and political connections?

I have a family in mind. I've known them for years, their wealth and renown matching our own. Their sons are well-educated and poised, perhaps one of them could offer Zelda stability and a path aligned with her potential.

It's time to introduce them and see if a connection could be forged. Zelda's happiness and future are more important than anything else, and as her father, it's my duty to ensure she finds a partner who complements her strengths and protects her from her own weaknesses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 14.7K 31
31 days. 31 days to fall in love. The 31st to say good-bye, to break your heart. December ends, January begins. But those 31 days aren't going to lea...
438K 14.2K 42
Marinette's secret is now out to everyone. Everyone including Hawk Moth. Now Hawk Moth is after her, and he will do anything to get ahold of her mira...
25.1K 386 18
Aphmau and Aaron are in a relationship. Aaron really shows Aphmau what love is.
986K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...