Sacrificed To The Banished Pr...

By GreatIdeas-BadWriter

Baron Haruno receives an order to send one of his daughters to marry the second Uchiha prince, who's said to... More

Extended Synopsis/Author's Notes!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 5

449 28 46
By GreatIdeas-BadWriter

Akuma was gone when Sakura next woke, leading her to believe the prince had regained control of his body at sunrise and left.

'All these things have happened, and I've yet to speak with the prince face to face.'

She had no idea what type of personality the Uchiha man had because he'd always been shrouded in mystery. All she had to go on were the rumors that circulated the halls of her home and what Akuma had said.

Two days passed without catching a glimpse of Prince Uchiha, day or night. Sakura was too afraid of what Akuma would do if he found out she wasn't taking care of herself, so she'd given up refusing meals. It didn't take long for her strength to begin returning.

The Haruno woman had so many thoughts and worries swirling around in her head that she often became dazed. 'Should I trust Akuma to give me a purpose in life? Is it okay to allow a demon to determine my future?'

She didn't hate the idea of having her decisions made for her because that was how she'd lived her life thus far. She'd never known anything else. Her concern was what would happen if her family discovered the prince's secret. If they asked, what would she do? Should she tell them? They were her family, after all, and she owed them for keeping her alive all this time.

But what about Akuma?

He was a bloodthirsty and prideful being, but he vowed to destroy anyone who'd bring harm her way. How long will his attention last? Was it just temporary because he was amused? In the end, Sakura decided to just do as the demon wished because if he did grow tired, she'd be in the same place she should've been all along: dead.

On day three after waking from her long sleep, Sakura was sitting at the windowsill in the massive library with an open book in her lap as the falling snow distracted her attention. It wasn't the first time she'd seen the elegant precipitation, but it was rare for it to be so thick and constant where the Haruno estate was located.

She quite hated snow because it reminded her of the times she'd been sent out to shovel it without proper garments. Every year, she'd get deathly ill from carrying out such orders, and every year, her family didn't bat an eye. Even the maids and butlers were given thicker clothing than her.

The memories sent a shiver down her spine.

"Are you cold, Lady Haruno?"

Sakura turned her head in surprise to see a somewhat familiar face. 'It's the prince! Why is he here now? And Why?' Gasping, the woman got to her feet so she could properly bow her head, "My Lord, it's an honor to finally make your acquaintance."

"Please raise your head. If one of us should show our respect, it should be me." The Haruno woman's spine straightened as she watched in awe as the prince bowed his head, a hand to his chest as though something there was causing pain. "There is nothing I can do that will ever sufficiently make amends for what I've put you through, but please allow me to properly apologize. Because of my negligence, you've experienced such terror."

'He's...different from Akuma.'

Not only was his personality much less demanding, but his features were somehow softer. Red eyes were a deep black and filled with exhaustion and sadness. His lips seemed unable to turn upright, instead stuck in an attractive frown. The overwhelming, petrifying energy that Akuma often had crackling around his aura was gone, leaving something that felt tragic and self-loathing.

'So this is the monstrous second prince. He's nothing like the rumors.'

If Sakura didn't know the truth of his curse, she'd consider herself extremely lucky to have been sent to marry such a polite and mild-mannered man. His beauty was out of this world, too, regardless of which personality was present.

"N-No, please don't lower your head, My Lord! It's improper!" Prince Uchiha straightened his posture, his brow slightly furrowed as he spoke, "In our situation, I fear formalities and expectations would be a luxury."

'...He seems so sad....'

She very much disliked such a negative emotion on someone who seemed so pure, so she attempted to flatter him, "Above all else, you are a prince of the royal Uchiha family and should be shown only the highest value of respect. It pains me to sense the consideration of your unworthiness."

The man seemed mildly stunned but quickly overcame it. He gestured toward the window, asking in what almost seemed an unsure manner, "You were looking outside. Are you partial to winter weather?"

'I think he's trying to determine if I find the living conditions bearable.'

Sakura lied, closing her book and holding it to her stomach while glancing out at the snow once more, "It seems so peaceful at this estate. I've never experienced such an elegant environment."

"...."

He didn't speak, so the woman looked his way again, only to see him staring at her with an unfamiliar expression. "My Lord?"

He shook his head and changed the subject, gesturing at the book in her hands, "You seem to enjoy literature."

A warmth met Sakura's cheeks. She bashfully brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and lowered her gaze, admitting quietly, "I've found comfort in books since I was a child. My youngest sister and I share this trait."

"Yes...regarding your sister. Would you mind joining me for tea? There's an important matter to discuss," The prince suddenly felt more awkward than before, which made Sakura uncomfortable, but she had no choice but to agree. The pair walked in silence to one of the tea rooms.

Once they were served and alone, the Uchiha cleared his throat, "I understand this topic may be sensitive as I don't have much information to base my questions from." He unblinkingly met Sakura's gaze, his guarded emotions becoming more so, "May I speak bluntly, My Lady?"

She bowed her head, "Of course."

"Everyone in this manor, myself included, believed you to be Lady Haruka Haruno, eldest daughter of The Baron."

'I shouldn't be surprised. Almost no one outside of my home knows of my existence,' Sakura took a sip of her tea to give herself time to come up with a response, 'I wish Father would've at least sent a letter of explanation. Would he wish for me to lie? If I make my family appear negatively in the prince's eyes, it'd be doing them a disservice.'

"I see. If I'd known, I would've properly introduced myself sooner. Please accept my apologies." The Haruno woman steeled her nerves and plastered on a calm expression, a skill she'd had much time to perfect, "My name is Sakura Haruno, eldest daughter of Baron Haruno. I am twenty-two years of age."

She lowered her eyes and voice to answer the question she knew was coming, "I was never properly debuted into society due to my shortcomings. I beg of you not to blame my father. I'm sure his intention was not to deceive you."

The prince's eyes studied her in a way that made her feel as though he wasn't missing a single detail. His tone was straight, "What are these shortcomings you've mentioned?"

'Oh, no. I didn't expect him to ask that. ...What do I say?' When Sakura thought back on all the reasons she'd been given for her treatment over the years, she had enough sense not to reiterate them to a member of the royal family. 'He'll surely send me home in an instant if I answer honestly.'

"I-I hope you don't mind my hesitance to respond. You see, I've been awaiting a chance to speak with you about our betrothal. I fear if I focus on the negative aspects I have to offer, you'll be discouraged and reject me once more, My Lord."

Prince Uchiha sipped his tea with a face that said he understood that she wanted to avoid the topic. He cleared his throat while setting the glass down again, "The Curse did tell you I may reconsider since he's given his blessing."

"...Was he mistaken?"

The room became silent for a very long time while the duo stared at one another. Eventually, Sasuke spoke, but he didn't answer her question, "How much do you know about my condition?"

"O-Oh, well, I know that Akuma takes control of your body at night-" "Respectfully, do not refer to The Curse as though he's a human while in my presence, My Lady."

Sakura swallowed nervously but agreed, "Right, my apologies. As I was saying, I'm aware The Curse has control of your mind and body at night. I suspect he at least is aware of some things that occur during the day when he isn't in control. Other than that...."

"I see," Sasuke sipped his tea again before explaining, "I was given this burden at the age of twelve by a wizard who held a grudge against the royal family. Before his death, he stated there is a way to rid my body of this sickness."

"Truly?"

"Yes. In his words, I will only be rid of The Curse once I lose someone I hold incredibly dear."

"If that's the case, have your previous fiance's died because-" "Only two have perished, neither on purpose."

Her mouth clamped shut in shock, but she quickly swallowed and asked, "You've been unsuccessful in finding someone you hold dear?"

"That is not accidental, My Lady."

'...What is he saying?' "You've purposefully distanced yourself, then?"

"Yes."

'I don't understand. If he needs to find someone to hold dear and lose them in order to save himself from this torment, why hasn't he-!' Sakura's eyes widened, filling to the brim with tears. The prince's gaze dropped, an aura of shame filling the room. "You...You've done this to protect those around you."

'Prince Uchiha and Akuma are two very different people. This man before me is willing to suffer for his entire life if it means that no one will be knowingly sacrificed for the sake of the wizard that cursed him's prophecy. Akuma only cares about serving himself; he said that on his own.'

Sakura took a strengthening breath before forcing herself to be brave, "My Lord, let's proceed with the marriage."

"You understand what you're saying, Lady Haruno?" He seemed bewildered like she'd developed a second head.

"I do, and I'm humbled by your concern, but you must understand that I've been raised and sent here to die." Sakura's throat tightened as she tried not to cry. Her voice shook, but she managed to remain mostly composed, "Until now, I saw my death as a means to an end. Knowing that a pure soul such as yours may be saved in the process gives me purpose I've never experienced."

"You barely know me, Lady Haruno! How can you lay your life down for mine?" A sad smile met Sakura's lips.

She explained, "My mother was a traveling dancer. I don't have many memories of her because she died when I was very young, but I remember her telling me never to live my life as a prisoner." Green eyes lifted to meet black ones brimmed with tears, "I have been discouraged for far too long. I was content to accept my father's order to die by your hand simply so my sisters would be spared. I've been disheartened and nonsensical."

"But now I've met you and The Curse, and it's like my eyes have been opened for the first time," she offered a reassuring smile, "Dying for the sake of someone as kindhearted as you will act as the key to unlocking my shackles. Preventing The Curse from causing destruction to you or others will free me of my burdens, Lord Uchiha. Please allow me to do this."

'As much as I believe Akuma will protect me, his amusement is surely limited. I'll be tossed aside once he's had his fun. Even before that happens, who knows how many he'll slay as carelessly as he did Butler Yamamoto? To stop that from happening, I can die happily.'

"You are like no other woman I've met, Lady Haruno," the prince breathed out. She sipped her tea with an air of acceptance. "If you're absolutely sure, I'll proceed with this union."

"I'm sure."

He tilted his head with a grimace, "I'll begin preparations, then. If you should have a change of heart before our wedding, I swear not to bear a grudge."

'That won't happen, Lord Uchiha. I've lived a far too tumultuous life. In fact, you'll be doing me a favor by allowing me to be your sacrifice.' 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 3K 33
[Sasuke Uchiha X Sakura Haruno] Sakura Haruno knew falling for her fictional character was a bad idea. Now she's in a complicated situation, waking u...
123K 2.7K 23
A story about Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura's travel around the world. After more than two years of traveling for self redemption Uchiha Sasuke...
553K 25.6K 76
❝𝙎𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH a...
10.6K 544 18
"Should I run?" "If so, I'll chase you." Sakura moves to Oto to escape her abusive ex-boyfriend and make a fresh start. Certain events lead to her p...