Holding On (Wildcreek Ranch S...

By Rituparnadarolia

Twenty-six year old Rihanna Wilson, an elementary school teacher was very attached to her students. So, when... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Five

409 13 0
By Rituparnadarolia

The realization was enough to make her deeply consider her situation. While she was head over heels in love with him, maybe he was only physically attracted to her since he didn't believe in love after facing betrayal. Maybe she was destined to live a loveless marriage all her life!

"What's wrong? You look unhappy," he said, seeing the emotions portrayed on her face.

"Nothing important. I was thinking about our future."

"Why do you need to think so much? Life is too short to waste your time in useless thoughts."

"Useless? Well, I can't help it. It's in my nature to ponder over things before finally deciding."

Later he dozed off to sleep and Rihanna texted Adelaide, informing her about her change of plan. She felt guilty that she couldn't spend much time with her niece, Andrea. She was born a little weak and was gaining strength every day. Adelaide informed her that Andrea's party would be held in two months when she gained more weight. The two friends updated each other about what was going on in their lives.

Later Robbie woke up, and she spent time with him, playing and studying. When Hunter woke up, they went over to his bedroom, since he couldn't move anywhere else. She helped Gemma make dinner. Later, Gemma left to go home and Robbie started making plans for going on a trip for the coming weekend.

"Uncle Hunt, will you be better by Saturday?" asked an eager Robbie.

"Even if he is better, we won't go anywhere, Robbie. His leg needs the rest," she pointed out. Robbie nodded with understanding.

"Will you stay with us, mommy?" asked Robbie.

"Of course she will. I'll go to get her if she doesn't come," said Hunter and Rihanna rolled her eyes. It was only Monday, and these two were already plotting.

"C'mon Robbie, let's do the homework that I gave you in class," she said. Robbie went to get his books. It was a time to bond. Hunter maintained his distance from her as promised, and she was glad that he gave her a little space. The next three days, his leg improved, and she could go back home. Her family was furious, just like she had expected them to be.

"You were supposed to return two days earlier, Anna," complained her mom.

"I know, but Hunter had an accident and he and Robbie needed my help," she pointed out.

"Why can't they hire help? You're just the kid's teacher," said her mom in a displeased tone.

"He calls me mommy so I'm more than just a teacher to Robbie," Rihanna argued.

"What about the gossip that will start soon because of what you're up to?" asked her mom.

"I don't care about gossip. I'm just helping two people who need me."

"What about Elvis, Rihanna? You know he's still waiting for your answer," asked aunt Katherine.

"It should have been obvious by now that I'll never marry him," said Rihanna.

"Mom, please don't force her into any relationship. Let her choose who she wants to. When you were fair enough with us, why the same can't the same happen with Anna?" asked Rhett, as he sat eating his dinner. He was held up at work and couldn't come home at dinnertime.

"I don't mind if she chose any other man, but the way she's spending nights at Bradshaw's house, it will get us into trouble," said their mom.

"What trouble? We don't care about old women's gossip," said Rex.

"All that's fine, but this Bradshaw fellow is new in Fordsville and he's weird. No one knows anything about him, whereas Elvis comes from a respectable family. He is well established in his life and can give you a stability. But most important of all, he's been waiting for you for 8 long years," said her granddad.

"I will never marry Elvis even if I have to stay a spinster all my life," said Rihanna.

"Leave the child alone, all of you. Let her decide what she wants to do with her life," said their granny. That shut everyone up, much to Rihanna's relief. The next few days, her family didn't bring up the topic, and she was glad that they realized she would never marry him. The credit to this went a little to her siblings who had supported her that day. She met Robbie and Hunter every day at school and sometimes she visited them at their house on weekends, but she didn't stay over at night. Amazingly, Hunter didn't coax her into staying. Rihanna was amazed at his patience. He didn't tease her or try to kiss her after that day when they had a talk.

She knew he was waiting patiently for the next few months to end so that he could do as he wanted. She could tell that he was restraining himself around her and it made her love and admire him even more.

"I've told my family that I'm not interested in Elvis and they've got the idea. Even my brothers stood up for me," she informed Hunter when he came to drop Robbie to school. He smiled.

"I'm glad, but did you tell them about our marriage?"

"No, I'll tell them after two months," she said, knowing that a month of her three-month ultimatum had already flown by.

For the next two months, Hunter came to get her twice mounted on his horse, Black Fury, when Robbie was unwell. Although she didn't stay the night though and neither Hunter nor Robbie pressurized her to stay. She understood that Hunter might have told Robbie something, which made him refrain from pressurizing her. It was as if Robbie had suddenly grown up and matured too much for his age.

At home, it was celebration time as Andrea's party was coming up. Adelaide's friend Ember was also arriving from Helena to bless Andrea. Rex was too excited, since she was the one he loved.

However, the situation at home was a little tense when her aunt Charlotte's bitchy niece, Charmaine, came to live with them. She was after every single brother of hers and it drove Rihanna mad when she didn't even spare the married ones, Rhett and Sawyer. A few months back, Sawyer had married Renée, and everyone was glad that they found their happiness at last.

The day of the party arrived and a distraught and haggard looking Ember came to their house. Everyone was shocked to see her. It was clear she was hurting after the fight with Rex. In fact, Rex too hurting and everyone prayed they cleared their misunderstandings soon.

Rihanna was quite close to both Ember and Adelaide, but Ember had shut herself up completely. Rihanna wanted her to open up to her, but she left soon enough with Rex following her and Charmaine following him.

Ember left for Helena soon enough when Charmaine complicated the misunderstanding between her and Rex. Hevwas mad at Charmaine and everyone for not throwing out Charmaine and therefore left home and went to spend a few days with his best friend. It was then that her grandparents spoke to aunt Charlotte, asking her to send back Charmaine for ever. After she left, Rhett called back Rex. He returned and then, realizing that he needed to clear everything with Ember, he pursued her to Helena to win her over.

Rihanna knew that with only two weeks left for the three-month ultimatum to expire, Hunter would arrive any day to lay his claims upon her. So when he arrived at her doorstep that weekend to get her, she was sure that this was the weekend when he would bring up the topic.

Her family stopped bothering her about Elvis ever since that day when her siblings supported her. It was as if they had silently accepted her decision to be help Hunter and Robbie. No one asked her for any explanations, and she was glad. Hunter was always shy and courteous towards her family. She had introduced him to every member, and everyone silently accepted him. He didn't wait long and always informed her elders before whisking her away. No one objected and strangely, the fear that they had of the people of Fordsville making up stories was actually baseless, since no one was interested.

Hunter always rode Black Fury when he came to fetch her. Robbie had a stomach upset and was refusing to eat whatever Gemma cooked.

"He has stopped eating since last night," said Hunter. "It was no point bothering you since you wouldn't be able to stay back," said a stressed Hunter.

"This was an emergency, Hunter. Of course I would have stayed. You should have told me." His warm breath was playing havoc on her neck and every time he talked, she could feel his mouth near her ear as she sat flushed against him on his horseback.

"Anyway, after two more weeks, I wouldn't be coming to your house to get you."

"Why?" she asked him.

"Obviously, you would move in with us. I'll marry you whether you like it or not." Her heart skipped a beat as his mouth grazed her neck, numbing her senses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 52.1K 64
{ Sequel to His Nanny .} * P.s This is not a stand alone book. You have to read the first book ' His Nanny' to get a good understanding of the charac...
5.9K 364 60
When nineteen year old Ryder Wilson met the sweet seventeen year old Anastasia Farrell, he knew that he wanted to be with her. Their friendship gradu...
29.2K 2K 33
Paradise awaits or so they thought. When the Bradford's boarded the plane for their tropical paradise they assumed the next two months would be all f...
43 5 18
In the vast expanse of the Alaskan wilderness, where the crisp air carried the scent of pine and the Northern Lights danced in the starlit sky, a tal...