The Nikkah Of Hatred

By fanciful_writes

A Nikkah which is filled with hatred, fights, banters, bickerings and a bit of romance✨ We have all heard of... More

2|Understanding Feelings
Characters
Dedication

1|Witch and Cockroach~

1.3K 152 108
By fanciful_writes

Hum Tum Mile Na Jaane Jaana Rab Ka Faisla~

Teri Meri Love Story Lagdi Mujhe Chichori~
Dhyaan Se Toh Sun Le Zara~

Hum Tum Mile Na Jaane Jaana Rab Ka Faisla~

22nd April, 2023

Shanaya's POV

I was lying down in my bed, scrolling reels and talking to my friends on Instagram whilst scrunching a packet full of chips in my mouth. Abruptly, the door of my room burst open revealing my mother standing on the doorway of my room. She came inside my room and I looked up to find her narrowing her eyes while looking at me.

"Shanaya, today is Eid and here you are munching chips in your mouth? Come on, dear you are supposed to get ready, wear new clothes and take pictures." Ammu exclaimed looking at me with eyes full of surprise before taking my packet full of chips and munching them in her mouth.

"Ammu, I already got ready in the morning!" I exclaimed shrugging my hands.

"Okay, now get up from your bed and get ready we have to go on a dawat." Ammu said handing me over the packet of chips.

"Dawat? Where?" I asked confusingly.

"You don't know?"

"No, you guys did not told me anything that we have a dawat today."

"Ohh, sorry. Actually, the dawat was not confirmed yet which is why we might have forgot to tell you." Ammu replied nonchalantly.

"Whose house are we going?" I questioned.

"We are going to Sabiha aunty's place." Ammu beamed.

"WHAT NO! I AM NOT GOING THERE!" I almost screamed out.

"WHY? WHAT HAPPENED?" Ammu questioned.

"That cockroach is going to be there as well. I am just fed up of seeing his face everywhere." I replied while Ammu slapped her forehead lightly in response.

"So what? Nysha and Nishtha will also be present there. Now, Shanaya don't make useless excuses and don't argue with me come on, get up and quickly get dressed before your father comes here screaming your name." Ammu said reprimanding me before closing the door behind.

"AHHH!" I whined knowing that I don't have any other choice than to get up and get dressed.

Within an hour later, I found myself dressed in an navy blue net salwar kameez paired with an silk dupatta. I did my makeup, wore matching jewelleries contrasting with my dress. I straightened my curly hairs into straight because I was in the mood of straightening my hair in this outfit. I, then looked at my hands which were glimmering brightly with the dark colour of mehendi. Yesterday night, one of my distant cousins applied mehendi on both of my hands. I looked carefully at the colour of my mehendi which has darkened pretty much than usual over just one night.

Shanaya's Outfit

There is a myth that if your Mehendi's colour turned out to be darker than usual then your future husband will love you a lot or someone else is in love with you. I chuckled as this thought came in my mind while scrutinising my hands.

"It's just the magic of chemicals mixed in the mehendi otherwise who will love me?" I chuckled slapping my forehead for thinking this way.

......................................................

As Baba pressed the doorbell and the three of us patiently waited for someone to open the door, Baba was holding two bags in which there were boxes of sweets which my parents bought for this dawat. A few minutes later a six foot tall "cockroach" opened the door. Oh sorry, my bad! A six foot tall man opened the door revealing my childhood enemy, Dr Aahan Rahman Shahyan.

He was wearing a navy blue panjabi with a watch paired on his left hand.

Shahyan's Outfit

Coincidentally, the colours of our attires were same. Oh shut up, Shanaya! Stop thinking, nonsense!

He greeted my parents with a smile fixated on his face and well, he just glanced at me and moved his eyes away from me before inviting us inside. I also totally ignored him.

As we came inside I was shocked to see that we were the only guests present there. It was Eid so, there should have been more guests at their home but their seemed to be no one other than us and moreover their circle seemed big.

I greeted uncle and aunty. Uncle patted my head while aunty smiled at me and pulled my cheeks.

In amidst of this reunion and camaraderie, I sneakily whispered in my mother's ears.

"Ammu, are we the only guests present here?"

"I don't know! Don't ask me." Ammu replied simply, I sighed looking at my mother.

Meanwhile, Nysha and Nishtha got informed of our arrival and they came out of their room in no time. I engulfed both of them in a hug as it has been a long time since we have met and greeted Eid Mubarak to each other.

Sabiha aunty told Nysha and Nishtha to take me in their room. I went inside with them happily as my mother signalled me to.

"Ahhh! Shanaya we are meeting after so long I missed you a lot." Nysha beamed in just as we entered in their room.

"Yes, Shanaya Apu we missed you a lot." Nishtha beamed in as well, ecstatically. I smiled at their words.

"Awww, I missed you two a lot as well." I replied smiling at both of them.

"Shanaya, your Mehendi has darkened a lot it means someone is in love with you. Huh?" Nysha teased me while I slapped forearm angrily.

"Oh come on, It's just the magic of chemicals otherwise who will love me?" I replied chuckling while my cheeks turned a bit red.

"Who will not, Apu? You are so pretty and kind." Nishtha exclaimed sweetly making my cheeks turned crimson.

"Exactly! Look at my Mehendi it has not darkened much that means no one is in love with me yet but I don't care." Nysha exclaimed showing me her hands whilst her facial expression was normal like before.

"That "no one" is on his way to love you." I exclaimed chuckling only to get a smack on my arm by Nysha.

"Umm, Shanaya. Why don't you settle here with us in our home permanently? In that way, we don't have to miss each other and together we can talk as much as we can unlimitedly and no can stop us from talking." Nysha said while I gave her a confused smile not comprehending what she meant precisely.

"Uhm Permanently? How? I did not understand?" I asked confusingly.

"By marrying our one and only brother and becoming our one and only Bhabi. Simple!" Nysha said shrugging her hands dramatically making my eyes turn wider. Just as I was about to say something, Nishtha spoke up.

"Yes, I second with Nysha Apu on this thing. You guys look so good together and you know as they say "Rivals makes the best lovers." Nishtha chimed in as well, just as I was about to spoke up again a deep husky voice spoke up from behind us.

"NOOO, THERE'S NO WAY I AM MARRYING THIS EVIL WITCH!" We turned around to see Shahyan leaning against the doorway with an irritated expression on his face. Hearing this I instantly got up and sprinted towards him angrily ready to face him.

"Oh, hello? I am not dying to marry you I would rather go be admitted in an mental asylum than marrying a cockroach like you." I said angrily gritting my teeth while folding my arms around my chest.

"I am also not dying to marry you I would rather bang my head on the wall than marrying an evil witch like you." He spitted out, making me wanna smack his head.

"Oh, hello? Have you ever seen your face in the mirror, you cockroach? That you dared to call me an evil witch? In what angle does it seems to you that I am an evil witch?" I exclaimed angrily pointing my index finger at him while his expressions changed hearing my reply.

"COCKROACH? YOU CALLED ME COCKROACH?"

"YES COCKROACH! YOU ALSO CALLED ME A WITCH!" I replied shrugging my shoulders off.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE A WITCH!" He replied simply shrugging his hands with a sarcastic grin on his face.

Oh, I wish I could have describe in words how much I loathe this cockroach.

"THEN YOU ARE ALSO A COCKROACH!" I replied fiercely looking into his eyes.

"WHY DO YOU KEEP ON CALLING ME A COCKROACH?"

"BECAUSE I LOATHE COCKROACHES THE MOST AND SO, DO I LOATHE YOU THE MOST AND WHY DO YOU KEEP ON CALLING ME WITCH? OH, I SEE YOU ARE AFRAID OF WITCHES?" I said with a proud grin.

"I AM NOT AFRAID OF WITCHES AND I AM DEFINITELY NOT AFRAID FROM A WITCH LIKE YOU. OH AND YOU GIRLS ARE AFRAID OF COCKROACHES THE MOST RIGHT?" He replied with a sarcastic smile fixated on his face just as I was about to give him another befitting reply Nysha spoke in between.

"Guys, stop fighting like kids!" Nysha exclaimed trying to stop both of us from fighting while controlling herself to stop laughing.

"FINE!"

"WHATEVER!"

We both replied in unison moving away our faces from each other.

......................................................

Sabiha aunty and Anis uncle are good friends of my parents. They have three children, the eldest one Shahyan, the middle one, Nysha, and the youngest one, Nishtha.

Shahyan, the eldest one is just two years older than me and is a doctor by profession as well and we both studied and graduated from the same medical school in Australia through a scholarship. Coincidentally, we both got this offer at the same time and well now, coincidentally we are both working in the same hospital.

Nysha, the middle one is just one year younger than me and we both practically grew up together. Despite, my differences with her older brother, we both got along perfectly since childhood because our preferences and everything about our personalities is almost same. She's currently in her last year of studying architecture.

Nishtha, the youngest one is just a typical 15 year old, school going girl. Nishtha is a fun, loving, talkative girl just like me and we two get along perfectly as we because of our preferences.

Since childhood, I have been in an constant loggerhead with Shahyan. I was only 8 and he was 10 when we first met and since onwards a rivalry formed between us.

I get along perfectly fine with Shahyan's best friend, Nahian as well since childhood. Nahian's family is friends with our families. He is an architect and is currently living and working in abroad.

......................................................

As time went by, the time of departure came. Sabiha aunty gave me 1000tk as Eidi/Salami. At the doorway, when our parents were bidding adieu to each other, I bid adieu to Nysha and Nishtha as well. Amidst when everyone was bidding each other adieu I felt that someone was looking at me. I turned my eyes around I found him looking at me.

As our eyes met, I unknowingly stared into his eyes for a few seconds before averting it at the same time.
......................................................

Author's POV

Shanaya jumped into her bed feeling relieved as she finally got back her comfort zone. She was about to close her eyes when suddenly her phone vibrated with a notification.

Shanaya smiled knowing who could have send this message.

She opened her phone to find messages from her friend, Raina. She smiled seeing her notification.

Raina and Shanaya have been friends since school time and Raina and Shanaya share almost everything of their lives with each other.

In the text :

Raina : Hey, Shanaya! What's up? What are you doing right now?

Shanaya : Hey, Raina! Alhamdulillaah, I am doing great. What about you? I just lied in my bed after coming back from a dawat from Sabiha aunty's place. What about you?

Raina : Alhamdulillaah, I am doing great as well. You said Sabiha aunty's place meaning you went for a dawat at Shahyan's place?

Shanaya : Uhm yes! Ammu took me forcefully I didn't wanna see that cockroach's face. Oh, you won't believe what happened there!

Raina : What?

Shanaya : Let me tell you everything from the beginning.

Shanaya narrated everything to her friend from the beginning and what happened there.

Raina : HAHAHA! Seems like even Nysha and Nishtha is shipping you with their brother just like me and I don't know why but I have a feeling that Shahyan might like you and also your Mehendi's colour turned out to be very dark that could be a sign perhaps that Shahyan is the one who is in love with you.

Shanaya : Oh, shut up Raina! I don't know if someone else is in love with me or not but that cockroach is definitely not in love with me.

Raina :We will see madam. Whatever, Shanaya I found it very suspicious that you guys were the only families who were invited to this dawat I kinda feel that this dawat was to discuss about yours and Shahyan's alliance with your parents.

Shanaya : Our alliance? Astaghfirullah! Raina, what are you talking about? Though, Raina even I felt this way somewhere. Even if it is the matter I will decline it rightaway.

Raina : Shahyan is good looking. He has a chance of becoming my dulavai (brother-in-law) and you guys can't stop fighting anytime.

Shanaya : RAINAAA!!! I WILL NOT SPARE YOU ONCE I MEET YOU IN PERSON!!

As Shanaya and Raina's chat ended both of them drifted off to their sleep.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY GUYS!! BUT NOW, I AM BACK!! AND IN SHAA ALLAH THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE ON SHAHYAN'S POV! SO, HOW DID YOU ALL LIKED THIS CHAPTER? SHARE YOUR PRECIOUS REVIEWS ON IT. I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE AS FAST AS I CAN! TILL THE NEXT TIME, ALLAH HAFIZ!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 16.7K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
60.7K 914 36
Hello this is my first story so go easy on me please. In this fanfic Izuku has a voice quirk he basically has Zebra's powers from Toriko since this i...
6.3K 380 18
ishq mubaarak, dard mubaarak. 𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪𓆩♡𓆪 "Quickly, say an I love you." "I love you, Hamza." "That's right." ✦✦ Hamza Hayat; 21, a synonym of Gre...
118K 18.5K 17
"The only promise I can make is to not be the reason for her tears, with the presumption that she is righteous," was what he said when my father aske...