๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ ยฅ...

By chocolex122

...๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๏ฟฝ... More

๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹
๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ & ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ•
"๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ƒ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐Š๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ?"
"๐ƒ๐š๐๐๐ฒ, ๐Œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ!"
"๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š, ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฆ, ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐†๐จ๐ง๐ž?"
"๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค."
"๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง."
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง?"
"๐ˆ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ--๐ˆ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ."
"๐Ž๐ก, ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง!"

"๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ!"

1.1K 55 101
By chocolex122

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄/ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

(Outfits down below bc Wattpad hates me. Don't spoil yourself by scrolling too far!!)

𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍, or wasn't around to see it happen? Well, dear reader, these bad things often happened to her precisely because she wasn't paying attention to one person in particular—her sister Miley Stewart and her little blonde enabler Lily Truscott.

It was a normal Sunday morning, Ophelia and their dad had gone to the doctors for a check up on her healing knee injury. Jackson, who only had a brain cell when it came to his baby sister, was at work being tormented by his little boss. Their absence left Miley alone with Lily on her laptop.

"This is so cool," Lily squealed, helping herself to Sodas before coming to sit by an eager Miley. "I can't believe how many people email Hannah Montana."

Miley cocked her head reading off some of her emails, "Dear Hannah, you rock!—Jill in Milwaukee."

"Aw!" They both cooed.

"Dear Hannah, you're awesome.—Danny in Iowa City."

"Ooh!"

"Dear Hannah, I love, love, love that scarf you wore at the video awards, where, where, where can I get one?—Jenny in Walla Walla Washington," Lily read off before one caught Miley's eye.

"Listen to this one, "Dear Hannah, I have this massive crush on a boy that doesn't know I exist—", they both rolled their eyes.

"Typical," Lily rolled her eyes.

"Yep," Miley agreed before looking back at her screen. "His locker's three down from mine, what should I do? Your biggest fan, Becca from Malibu." Becca from Malibu?"

Lily gasped, "You don't think it could be Becca Welled from Homeroom?"

They both turned their heads off in thought. "I'm thinking it's a good shot—let's see, who's three doors down—," Miley gasped.

"Oliver?!" They both shrieked.

Miley made a face in disgust, "Becca Weller is crushing on Oliver—oh my god, just wait till I tell Ofie, she's gonna have a field day," she said as she started typing up her reply. "Dear, Becca, if he won't ask you out, you ask him. Rock his world, sincerely, Hannah Montana."

Lily nodded in appreciation.

"Making the world a better place for love," she giggled along with Lily. As she went to close her laptop a new Email came through.

@Intheattic: Something to get off my chest.

"This one looks interesting," Miley hummed, clicking on the email. " 'Dear Hannah Montana, you're probably not going to see this with the thousands of emails you get on the regular so this seems to be the best place to get this off my chest,' ohhhh! This sounds juicy," Miley squealed before continuing to read. "I've had this crush on a girl in my class since sixth grade, we're in eighth grade now and I finally worked up the courage to talk to her and she's just as kind and sweet I thought she'd be.' Aw!" Miley and Lily cooed. " 'But every time I tried to get her alone, someone got in the way. Recently we had a new kid join our middle school and the moment he showed up it was like he swept her off her feet—'."

"Aww poor guy."

Miley nodded in agreement,before continuing " 'At first I thought she was just being nice because she smiles at everyone like that—but the other day their drama class did scenes from Romeo and Juliet and I swear it was like they were in their own little world. She looked like she would give anything to kiss him. I don't blame her, if a dude with a hot accent said they would wait for me forever I'd want to kiss them too.' He ain't wrong," Miley agreed.

"This sounds so familiar," Lily muttered to herself, tapping her chin in thought.

" 'It doesn't help that he's a nice guy too—I honestly like him and consider him a friend but I hate him so much right now. Like so much, especially because instead of just making it official they're just dancing disgustingly around each other. The worst part is that, them not being official kinda gives me false hope that I can maybe still woo the girl—is that stupid? I think it's stupid. I just—I really wish it were me. —Connor from Malibu.'—What?!" Miley shrieked.

Lily gasped, "Miley! Miley! I-is this about—do you think this is about Ofie and Atticus?"

Miley gasped even louder, "Oh my god! You might be right!"

The two friends shared a look, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Miley whispered with a little grin.

"Heck yeah," Lily nodded only to frown, "No."

Miley rolled her eyes, "Who wouldn't kill to have two hotties fighting over them?"

Lily frowned hesitantly, "Uh, not Ofie. She hates attention, remember?"

"Yeah but this is different! It will be like one of those romance novels she likes to read—the one with the love triangle."

Lily nodded, "She loaned it to me that was one good book—but she hated it, remember, she thought it was stupid that the main girl couldn't choose and got even more annoyed that it wasn't really a triangle because the sides didn't like each other too—which I think is a weird pet peeve to have in a romance book..."

"Well, Ofie's defective—trust me she's gonna love this, she'll have stuff to write about for months!" Miley said before she started typing. " 'Dear Connor, I feel your pain and I have to say, don't give up. A chance is a chance—go get that girl. Get her some flowers, give her some compliments and go from there, she's bound to notice. I'm rooting for you—Hannah Montana.' And send!" Miley grinned, "She'll thank me for this later down the line."

Lily nodded along.

"We're back from the other side!" Robbie announced his presence as he and Ofie wandered in. The youngest Stewart was holding a book in one hand and a Gatorade in the other. "Guess who's crutch free? This gal!" He pointed at his youngest who raised her hands to pose.

"Still got this brace on for a couple more weeks though, but I can see the end of the tunnel," she grinned before wandering over to join them at the laptop. Miley quickly exited the thread. "Whatcha doing?"

"Answering fan mail."

"Ooh, anything interesting?"

"No not really," Miley shook her head, sharing a secret grin with Lily as Ofie leaned over to scroll through some more fan mail.

Oh...no...

~~~~~

Ophelia was hanging out with the cheerleading squad after morning practice by her locker. They were talking about finals for that semester. More so Jenny, was talking about finals, scared she might fail and Ofie was offering to help out which then snowballed into creating a study group.

Ofie was surprisingly good at group things—she still wasn't a fan of it but she liked her squad enough to hang out when she was free.

"Morning, sweetheart," Atticus slid up behind her and pressed a kiss to the side of her head. Her heart skipped several beats when she looked up at him.

"Morning, Atti," she grinned.

"Oh! Would you look at that we're not needed anymore," Lovely quipped in jest as she and the other girls went to leave .

Philis wiggled her eyebrows at them as she walked away earning a round of giggles from the others as Atticus wrapped an arm around her shoulders and leaned back against their lockers. He sent her one of his soft, sweet smiles, "Look who's crutch free today."

"A few more good weeks and I am brace free," she sighed in content, leaning back against his chest as they watched the flow of students.

"What are you most excited about doing when that day comes?" His chest rumbled as he spoke and Ofie tilted her head back to peer at him through her lashes and hummed in contemplation.

"Surfing," she gasped after a moment, she groaned at the thought of it. "I haven't gone surfing in ages—me and Johnny used to go all the time after school."

"Sounds fun, dunno how to surf though."

"Don't worry," Ofie tapped his hand before intertwining their fingers, "I'll teach you."

"I'm looking forward to it," he hummed, tracing the callouses on her fingers with his thumb.

"Hey, I was wondering—."

"Hey Ofie!"

Atticus was interrupted by a grinning Conner.

"Hey, Conner, how's it going?"

He cocked his head, blonde hair tumbling into his eyes. "Nothing much, you look really pretty today," he complimented before walking away, without acknowledging Atticus at all.

Ophelia blinked at his retreating figure, "Uh—what was that?" She inquired, sending Atticus a curious look. Conner had never complimented her before. She was wearing overalls for god's sake.

"No idea," Atticus muttered.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Last I checked..."

"Ofie!" Miley called, motioning her over and Ofie wandered over dragging Atticus with her by their entwined hands.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"Guess."

"Mile, It is eight in the morning, do not make me smack you in the mouth," Ophelia shook her head as Miley and Lily giggled excitedly.

"Becca Weller has a crush on Oliver!" She whispered excitedly only for Ofie to blink at her. "Why aren't you shocked?"

Ophelia raised her brow as Atticus answered, "Because it's obvious—I swear the only person who hasn't bloody noticed is Oken himself," he commented and Ofie nodded.

"She's been crushing on him since seventh grade," Ofie deadpanned, "the fact he hasn't noticed shouldn't be surprising yet here I stand surprised."

"He's not the only one with the observational skills of a blind mouse—," Miley muttered and Ofie raised her brows.

"What?"

"Nothing!" Lily exclaimed, "Oh! Did you see Conner yet?"

"Yeah..."

Ophelia and Atticus shared a look.

"He looks good today, don't he?" Miley nudged Ofie who frowned.

Atticus' hand tightened around hers and she looked at his face. He wasn't looking at her but he looked vaguely constipated.

"Sure, if you say so," she answered her sister who frowned before she quickly corrected herself.

"He did something with his hair today, did you notice?"

"Nope."

"Oh."

"Can we go?" Atticus asked suddenly, "I have a few questions for Mr. Corelli before class."

"Yes please," Ofie agreed easily, feeling uncomfortable and he immediately tugged her away, waving at Miley and Lily as he did.

~~~~

Atticus was annoyed by the time lunch came around. Something had been bugging him since that morning but he wouldn't tell Ofie what exactly had his feathers ruffled. But she did know it had to do with Conner and his odd behaviour in film class. He normally sat in the right back corner of class (so he could sleep) while Ofie and Atticus sat in the back on the opposite end of the class (so that Ofie could nap). Today he had specifically sat in front of Ofie, kicking some poor kid off their unassigned/assigned seat and spent the entire class leaned back in his chair drawing Ofie's attention away every time she went to whisper to Atticus.

It annoyed him and it kinda annoyed her too. Don't get her wrong, she really liked Conner, he was funny, sweet and thoughtful but he had never been obnoxious.

She wondered if he was sick or something, or if he had a tumour.

Atticus left her to go get them lunch while she got kidnapped by her sister and Lily who in her humble opinion were waaaayyyyy too invested in Oliver's love life.

They were watching like creeps as Becca looked back at him.

"Did you see that, she totally just checked him out!" Lily squealed.

"Definitely interested," Miley agreed.

"Why am I here?"

"Shhh!"

They watched her spritz herself in perfume before walking pointedly passed Oliver and back again.

"Perfume walk-by!" Lily squealed.

"First you see her then you smell her."

"Just like Uncle Earl," Ofie hummed, earning a grimace from both of them as she shuddered in disgust.

Oliver—being well...Oliver, didn't notice this even as she tried coughing to get his attention. Ofie facepalmed in embarrassment as Oliver turned unaffected to speak to one of their classmates.

Frustrated, Becca slammed her locker shut before surging forward to tap him on the shoulder. "Oh, Oliver?"

When he looked at her she seemed to falter, "Oh—hi. Did you get the history assignment? I forgot to write it down."

"Nah, sorry don't have it, but Mr. Aaron—he always writes it on the board. You can just go look at it," he said helpfully and Ofie would have cooed if he weren't such a dumbass.

"Oh, okay," as she was speaking Oliver turned back to his conversation. "I'll...go look." She entered the lunchroom with a frustrated huff. Ophelia had to feel sorry for her.

Miley slammed her locker shut and rushed towards him, tugging Ofie along. "Oh, Oliver?" She grabbed him by the shoulders, excusing him from the conversation. She laughed sweetly as he walked away only to hit Oliver violently in the shoulder.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!"

"Ow! What did I do?!"

"Couldn't you tell that Becca Weller was hitting on you?"

Oliver's jaw dropped, "What?"

Lily hit him this time.

"Ow!"

"A grilled cheese sandwich would have picked that one up."

Mistake. Oliver always prioritized food. "They're serving grilled cheese today?"

Miley and Lily shared a look before they both hit him at the same time. " Becca's an A student. She knows what the history assignment is!" Miley explained.

"Then why did she ask me—and don't hit me again!" He snapped when their hands twitched.

"Because Becca's crushing on you," Ofie shrugged.

Lily gripped his shoulders, "Listen to me, and I'm gonna make this real simple: She. Like. You," she said slowly, nodding along with her words.

Oliver's eyes narrowed, "How do you know?"

"I'd like to know how too," Ofie raised her hand.

Lily and Miley dragged the two to a corner. "Remember when you had to spit swear to never reveal ..." she looked around, "my other identity?"

"Yes, and I got a cold right after that," he said accusingly. "Thank you very much."

"Your immune system is weak, buck up boy," Ofie commented looking at her nails before catching herself, she was spending too much time with Lovely and Phillis.

Oliver sent her flat stare.

Miley grinned, "Well start sucking down some chicken soup, because..." she spat in her hand. "Another secret's coming your way," she held out said spit covered hand.

Oliver looked at Ophelia. "Can I just say, I appreciate that you're not like her."

Ofie nodded, "Trust, that ain't ever gonna change."

Oliver looked at Miley's outstretched hand before forlornly looking down at his own. He spat in his own hand with a groan, "Aw, I wish we hadn't outgrown the pinky swear," he complained before they sealed the deal.

"Becca emailed Hannah Montana and said she had a massive crush on you," Miley explained when she was satisfied.

Oliver gaped, "Becca Weller has a crush on me?"

They all nodded. He looked back the way she left before pointing at himself in confusion.

"Me?"

"I know. We were shocked too."

"I wasn't," Ofie shrugged.

Oliver grinned. "So, Becca Weller wants to take a ride on the Ollie Trolley."

"The what?" Ofie questioned with a grimace.

"Well alright then, let's go make her dreams come true," he grinned, moving towards the cafeteria, not before wiping the conjoined spit on his hand on Lily's sweater. "Ding. Ding."

He opened the cafeteria doors, "A-ding a-ding—ding," he rushed inside only to come running back out absolutely terrified. "I-I forgot something."

"What?" Miley asked impatiently.

"My name," he confessed, only to get hit in the arm by Ofie. "Ow! What was that for?" He whined.

She shrugged when they all turned to her, "I felt left out."

"It rhymes with Trolley," Miley joked and Oliver looked at her in frustration.

"I need more than that," he huffed before all but running away.

"He'll get there," Ofie reassured as they watched him walk off.

Suddenly the doors of the cafeteria opened with a bang and Conner came storming out. He didn't see them as he stomped away muttering under his breath. Atticus followed a second later looking just as if not more annoyed than the boy who just left.

Ofie blinked, when she noticed the large stain of ketchup on his shirt. "What happened in there?" She questioned drawing his attention, he looked over and immediately softened.

"N-nothing—just need a new shirt, um, how about we go get something to eat off campus?" He questioned and Ofie nodded as she stepped towards him.

"Sure, I don't mind," she said as Atticus walked to his locker. "Is something wrong with Con—," she started only for the next part of her sentence to come out in gibberish because Atticus Greene was currently shirtless in front of her as he pulled an extra shirt from his gym bag.

"Damn!" Miley whispered and Ofie had to agree.

"What was that, sweetheart?" He questioned turning as he pulled his shirt over his head giving a pretty nice view of his lanky toned frame.

"I-I uh—I," she couldn't speak as she blatantly stared at his revealed skin. A hit to the back from her sister seemed to dislodge words from her throat, "Di—did you know that the w-word "piano" derives from the Italian word "Pianoforte" which comes from "piano e forte" but the full name for piano was actually "clavicembalo col piano e forte" which means "a harpsichord that can play soft and loud noises"?" She rambled as he stepped towards her adjusting his crew neck while slamming his locker shut.

He gave her one of his soft sweet smiles but it was tinged with something that sent a thrill up her back.

Sweet baby Jesus.

"No, but that sounds very interesting, tell me more," he prompted as he took her hand and her brain short circuited.

"O-okay—I um," she swallowed thickly when her brain blue screened . "Hi."

From behind her Lily and Miley facepalmed but Ofie didn't notice, seemingly entranced by the growing smile on Atticus' face.

"Hi," he returned in amusement and she giggled feeling her face grow hot.

"Hi," she repeated before smacking a hand on her face trying to hide in her embarrassment.

"You hungry?"

"Y-yeah."

"Come on, before lunch hour is up," he then led her away and she followed in a daze behind him gripping his hand.

If she had been paying attention she would have noticed Atticus's triumphant little smile and Conner's brewing frustration as he watched them walk off.

~~~~

As Miley watched them walk off she had to blink hard to sort her thoughts. "Gosh, dang it, he's good," she conceded and Lily nodded.

"God he's hot," Lily whispered. "Am I blushing? I think I'm blushing," she smacked her hands to her cheeks, flustered.

"Did you see how he charmed her like a snake,"Miley whispered, "erased Conner from her mind in a second. He knew what he was doing. We're gonna have to up our game."

"Or we could leave it alone, Ofie clearly likes Atticus—I mean look at him—he's a god," Lily tried.

Miley gave her a look before she marched down the hall finding Conner changing his own ketchup stained shirt. "Need some help there, partner?" She inquired and he whipped around while quickly pulling his shirt over his head.

"What?"

"With my sister?"

He went red in the face, it was honestly kinda adorable. "I um, I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Oh please," Lily scoffed. "We saw it from like a mile away, you like, like-like her."

He went even redder.

"We can help you out—if you want."

He hesitated, "Really?"

"You just have to ask."

Had they been paying attention they would have noticed not one, not two, but three, but four eavesdroppers.

Oh, poor Ophelia.

~~~~~~

Ophelia walked into school that morning feeling like something was going to go terribly wrong at some point. She wasn't sure what but it caused her to hesitate at the door. Miley and Lily had been very insistent on getting to school on time and had all but dragged her behind them. Her knee had begun to throb slightly at the speed.

"What the heck is wrong with you guys?" She huffed at them as she moved to open her locker. Atticus had an appointment that morning and would be coming in at lunch so there was no morning hugs which already kinda off put her in a mood. She had gotten too used to his affection. Which was a problem.

Now if she were his girlfriend...

"Ofie! Are you paying attention to me?" Miley poked her several times in the side and she swatted at her hand.

"Something about—nah, I wasn't," she gave up before the guess could form on her tongue. "What were you talking about?"

"I'm worried Oliver might mess this up," Miley groaned.

"You have a worryingly low view of Oliver's emotional intelligence," Ophelia grunted as she re-entered her combination. "I think he'll do great if you let him be himself —Becca likes him for him, doesn't she? That's all that matters, right?"

Miley and Lily shared a look before laughing as if she said something funny. Ofie narrowed her eyes in annoyance at that, they had been sharing secret looks among themselves since Sunday it was slowly starting to rub Ofie the wrong way. It was like they knew something she didn't and were purposefully keeping her from it.

"Guys, come on—ah!" Ophelia stumbled back as rose petals and glitter rained aggressively down from her locker. In her shock she inhaled a worrying amount of glitter.

She coughed and wretched as she stumbled back, spitting and hacking. She doubled over and heaved, quite sure she was dying. Miley and Lily were quick to slap her back until she could breathe.

"Oh damn."

Ophelia looked at her locker and all over the floor, spitting out some heart shaped glitter, she noticed a note in her locker but she could barely care as she looked at the mess left behind.

"Awe! This is so romantic—."

"My things!" Ophelia screeched over her sister's coo.

All her stuff, everything was covered in that tacky pink glitter, including her entire body. "Are you serious!"

"Oh dear..." Miley flinched as she and Lily shared a terrified look along with almost everyone in the hallway.

Ophelia Steward never raised her voice. She was too nice. Now she was pissed.

"Are you serious?!" She continued to yell, she turned around with a viscous glare. "Was this supposed to be funny?! Huh?!" She yelled but everyone watching raised their hands in surrender, she turned back to her locker and kicked the petals away angrily.

"What's going on?" Mr. Smith pushed through the surrounding crowd only to grimace at what was in front of him.

"All my stuff is ruined!" Ophelia yelled, feeling so frustrated. This was so unfair. This glitter was stuck to everything.

"Oh dear."

Mr. Smith, spotting the note, reached forward, careful not to get glitter on his shoes and grabbed it with a tired exhale.

"Oh, Mr. Smith, wait—."

"Dear Ophelia-," he started to read out loud, "didn't even spell your name right," he commented. " 'I think you're really cute, go out with me—Xander.'"

"Oooh," the hall broke out in whispers.

"Xan—who?" Miley questioned.

"He's on the basketball team," Lily whispered with a grimace. "He's been trying to flirt with her for weeks now."

"Do you have anything extra to change into—?" Mr. Smith started to ask only to stop when Ofie angrily pointed at her locker where she normally kept a spare set of clothes.

"I think I have something for you, Ofie," Lovely stepped forward looking at her in pity. "We'll just head to the locker rooms, okay?"

Mr. Smith nodded at her in thanks, "Okay—right. I'll deal with this—I'll call both your parents and excuse you from your first—you know what I'll excuse you for the morning, that looks like it's not going anywhere, you can go deal with—," he motioned to her entire form, "—that."

He walked away motioning for a sulking boy to follow him and Ophelia angrily slammed her locker shut before limping towards Lovely who cooed apologetically scared to touch her lest she be coated in glitter too.

A path of glitter followed them as they left.

Miley and Lily shared a look. "Okay, that was a fail. But hey, at least it wasn't Conner."

"And now there's three guys after her," Lily squealed.

"This just keeps getting better."

"If I were you I'd cut it out."

They turned to find Phillis glaring at them. She cocked her head, black hair in a ponytail swishing back and forth as she narrowed her brown eyes at them.

"W-what?"

"Stop meddling," she scolded them. "Ofie's life isn't a game, and pitting two friends against each other is not entertaining, it's sick."

Lily and Miley panicked.

"We have no idea what you're talking about," they both defended.

"Sure you don't," she stepped forward. "Cut it out. The only person who's gonna end up being hurt is Ofie. And if you hurt Ofie, I'll make your lives a living hell," she threatened. "You think Amber and Ashely are bad, you haven't met me," she sneered before smiling bright and bubbly. "Have a good day," she shoved past them, knocking their shoulders with hers as she did.

"Miley—."

"No one's gonna get hurt," Miley said, you know, like an idiot, before walking away.

Lily frowned before following.

~~~~

Ophelia was in a terrible mood by the time lunch had come around, she was still pulling glitter from her hair. So imagine her relief when the one person she actually wanted to see finally showed up. He was staring at her locker with his hand over his mouth. The flower petal and glitter had been cleaned off of the floor but what is in her locker remained like a mockery.

She was wearing one of Phillis's tops which was a bit too tight and a pair of her yoga pants. It was so out of her comfort zone Ophelia wanted nothing more than to turn into the size of a pea and get crushed under someone's shoe.

"What happened?"

Ophelia didn't answer as she wrapped her arms around his waist and hid her face in his chest. He immediately reciprocated her hug, giving her an appreciated squeeze.

"You okay, sweetheart?"

She shook her head.

"Do you wanna borrow my jumper?" He questioned and she pulled away slightly to pout at him. How did he know she was uncomfortable? It was a nice shirt but it wasn't recommended because it was teetering on the edge of violating dress code and it just wasn't her style, and once again it was a bit too tight and she had an uncomfortable feeling that people were staring more at her.

"Please?" She whispered and he stepped away, he didn't go to his locker but instead pulled off the sweater he was wearing and handed it to her. She blushed but took it gratefully. "Thank you," she whispered, pulling it over her head. It was too big but it was warm and it smelt like him- cardamom and vanilla.

"Of course, you hungry?"

She nodded and he tugged her to the cafeteria. Ophelia sat at an empty table and dropped her head with a quiet sigh as he went to grab them some food.

"Oh baby!"

"Yeah!"

Ophelia looked towards the cafeteria door where Lily and Miley were standing, noting that Oliver was sitting with Becca.

Miley raised her brows, "What?" She picked something off of someone's tray. "A girl can't get excited by Brussels sprouts?" She popped it in her mouth only to spit it back out.

Grinning, she and Lily skipped over Ofie to sit with her. "How's it going, Baby?"

"I blew my nose earlier and my snot was glittering," she deadpanned and her sister winced.

"Hey Ofie."

She looked up and smiled hesitantly at Conner, "Hey," she said quietly.

"Here, for you," he said and proceeded to hand her a rose. She blinked at it before sitting up and taking it from his hand. Miley and Lily looked like they were about to spontaneously combust as they shook excitedly in their seats.

"Thanks...?"

He smiled, "Hey, I was wondering if—."

"Hey, Ofie!"

Ophelia turned as another boy walked up to her table. She immediately wracked her brain for where she had seen him from. Not the basketball team. He wasn't in any of her classes—um... "Henry, right? Um, surf team."

He nodded brightly, green eyes shining. "I have something for you."

"Oh..?"

He handed her...a rose and a chocolate bar. She blinked perplexed. "Uh, thank you...?" She frowned as she took them .

"Look, I was hoping—."

"Can you not, I'm literally standing right here," Conner snapped, rendering him silent. "We were in the middle of a conversation."

Ofie shifted uncomfortably.

"Were you? Didn't notice, man—anyway as I was saying—."

"Ofie," someone else came up to their table. Ophelia was too overwhelmed to even try and figure out who he was. "I heard you liked roses, so," he gave her a small bouquet and a box of chocolates.

She was pretty sure Valentines was long past, what the heck was going on.

"Come on man—."

"What? You guys looked more content talking amongst yourselves than with the little lady—."

"Little Lady?"

"C'mon dude it's not 1952," Conner groaned.

"Listen if you're not going to ask her out I will—."

"What do you think I was doing before you interrupted?!"

Soon they were all arguing over each other while Ofie sat there feeling overwhelmingly small.

"So, who are you gonna choose?" Miley asked in a low whisper and Ofie frowned.

"What?!"

"I personally would pick Conner but Griffith has that bad boy look to him," Lily contributed.

"What?" She scowled at them, "What the heck are you talking about— ah!"

One of the arguing boys surged forward and in doing so bumped violently into Ofie who's bad knee banged against the table.

She doubled over in pain, "Ow!"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry are you okay?"

"Please don't touch me," Ophelia snapped when he went to touch her leg.

"Listen, it was an accident—."

"Okay, fine. Still doesn't mean I want your help!" She huffed.

"Here let me," Conner went to move around to help her but—bang!

The sound of a tray slamming against the table caused everyone nearby to jump in shock. Atticus had silently positioned himself between the others and Ofie, their tray on the table. He didn't bother to look at them as he crouched down, focused completely on her. "Are you okay?" He asked lowly.

"No!" She snapped, not at him but in general. "I-I am covered in glitter, all my stuff is ruined—I have a headache the size of Texas and my knee—," she groaned when a throbbing pain shot through it. "I'm not okay, I—I'm," her voice cracked and she shut her eyes in frustration pressing the heels of her hands into them.

She didn't want to cry.

It wasn't that big of a deal.

It was just some glitter.

It was just some bit of attention.

It wasn't a big deal.

Don't cry. Don't cry.

She sucked in a shuddering breath.

"I don't even like roses!" She finally snapped.

Atticus nodded, because he was already aware. "Okay, how about we go to the office and see if you can be excused for the day, yeah?" He rubbed her arms soothingly and she nodded with a sniffle.

"Okay, c'mon, sweetheart," he helped her up, wrapping an arm around her waist to steady her when her leg shook.

"I can take her—," Conner tried to say but he was cut off.

"Mate, this is me being nice when I say that if you touch her I will hurt you," Atticus' voice was sharp and unamused. "She's had enough of this today."

"Thanks," Ofie whispered appreciatively as he walked her out.

"Of course."

"I'll go with you," Miley went to catch up but Ofie waved her off.

"I'd rather you didn't."

Miley grimaced at her tone. Oh, she was really upset.

"I think we should stop," Lily said.

Miley agreed but was at a bit of a loss. She had already emailed Conner with next steps and Ofie being would not appreciate what may be coming next. Based on her reaction to three boys just arguing in her vicinity alone—oh this was not going to end well.

Tangent: how could she not like roses? They were romantic and passionate...

"Come on, let's go make sure she's okay—."

"What are you guys up to?" Oliver questioned with a frown as he caught up to them.

"Nothing," they both chorused.

He gave them a disbelieving look.

As Miley jogged to catch up she caught the disapproving stares of Phillis and Lovely.

By the time they got there, Ofie was crying on the phone. "Can you come pick me up? I'm—I'm just having a really bad day," she sobbed into the receiver as the secretary rubbed her back soothingly. Atticus was sitting next to her, holding an ice pack to her knee.

He was frowning as he stared off ahead of them. When he caught her through the door she could have sworn he glared at her before he looked away.

What was that about?

~~~~~

After her dad had helped her wash the glitter from her hair and braid it down, Ophelia and he had gone to the doctor. He recommended that she go back to using her crutches for another couple weeks or so.

That had really soured her mood for the rest of the day.

She proceeded to hole herself up in her room for the rest of the day, having lost her appetite, face buried in Atticus' sweater as she curled up in her bed.

There was a knock on her door at some point.

"I'm not hungry!"

"Sorry, wrong person."

She looked at her door and saw Oliver peeking in. "Can I come in?"

She sat up and motioned him inside.

"You okay?"

"I'm stuck with this stupid thing for a couple more weeks," she sighed and he winced in pity.

"Yeah I heard, I'm sorry," he shut the door behind him and sat at her desk.

She looked at his face, he looked like he swallowed something sour. "What is it?"

"I learned something today that you're not gonna like."

"It has to do with why Conner was acting so weird these past few days doesn't it?"

Oliver grimaced, "Yeah..."

"And let me guess, it has something to do with Miley and Lily?"

"How—how did you know?" Oliver gasped. "Can you read minds?"

"Nope," Ophelia denied, "They asked me some...weird questions when Conner and the others were fighting over me—," she shuddered at the thought. "It kinda gave them away—how did you know?"

"Phillis told me, she overheard them telling Conner how to woo you."

Ophelia groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Why—why would they do that?"

"I love them, I really do but they did it because they're psychotic," Oliver deadpanned and Ofie snorted in agreement.

"I thought I made it clear that I'm not interested in anyone—,"

"—but Atticus?" Oliver finished with raised brows and she blushed looking down at her hands.

"Yeah."

"I don't blame you, I'd want to be with him too, he is one hot dude."

"I know right? And he's so nice and sweet and ugh!" Ophelia sighed playing with her hands. "I just- I really like him and he hasn't asked me out yet."

"He's planning to," Oliver said and Ofie's heart thrummed dangerously in her chest.

"H-how do you know?" She asked eagerly.

He shrugged, "He let it slip last week in the lunch line, he's just been waiting for your knee to heal, you like doing physical things and he wanted to make sure that you'd be able to do the things that make you happy."

Ophelia gasped before giggling. "That's so sweet!" She squealed and threw herself back on her bed. "Ugh! How does he exist?!"

"Trust me I've been asking myself the same question—say Ofie?"

"Hmm?" Ophelia rolled over onto her stomach, to peer at his head cushioned on her hands. He was nervous as he played with his fingers.

"I really like Becca," he confessed and she sat up once again.

"I'd hope so, Becca really likes you too."

"Really?"

"Of course!" Ophelia nodded.

"Me?" He questioned doubtfully and Ofie felt something deep in her chest hurt at his self depreciation. "How could she like me?"

"For the same reasons I love you," Ofie said as if it were the simplest thing in the world. "You're funny, you're sweet and caring—and yeah sometimes you forget to shower and brush your teeth in the mornings but hey everyone we love has a few undesirable qualities—I mean look at Jackson!"

He chuckled slightly.

"You deserve this Oliver and so does Becca, besides the two of you would be cute together, I could write a couple songs about you, y'know?"

He smiled brightly, "Thanks."

"No problem," she said before making space for him in her bed and patting the space beside her. Oliver immediately made himself comfortable beside her. And they spent most of the evening listening to ABBA and talking about Oliver's plans for a date. She offered to make him Becca's favourite flavoured cupcakes.

~~~~

Ophelia didn't go back to school till Monday, simply because her locker was still covered in glitter and her dad was terrified that she might just call him tears a second time.

Her time to herself had given her time to think about how she would be able to actively stop Conner in his tracks. Somehow he had been given hope of something Ophelia hadn't even thought of as a possibility and it was ruining his character for her.

Sometimes his stubbornness was endearing, this was kinda ...delulu.

Of course she had to thank the most delulu person for this situation—her sister Miley.

She loved her sister. She really did but sometimes she wanted nothing more than to ring her neck and shake her till her brain was right

"I need to talk to him," she told Lovely and Phillis after practice as the two girls changed out of their athletic clothes.

"You're too nice," Phillis sighed. "He clearly made you uncomfortable—I wouldn't talk to him ever again, him and those other weird guys—y'know that kid Griffith? He got held back twice! What business does he have asking you out?" She shuddered in disgust.

"I just—I don't want to lose a friend."

"Ofie, darling," Lovely started with a sigh, "Conner was never your friend."

Ofie flinched and Lovely gave her a pitying look. "You love to see the best in people and that is such—and I mean it—such a good thing. You're kind and genuine but not everyone is, okay? If Conner was actually your friend he wouldn't be actively pursuing you when you have expressed that you're uncomfortable with the situation. And even if your sister hadn't given him false hope, he still wouldn't be your friend because he would be too busy waiting for you to become available," she lectured as Ofie looked up at her with her large brown eyes, a slight pout to her lip, chin resting on her good knee that she had pulled to her chest.

"And if you're saying this just because you don't want Atticus to lose a friend you're about four days too late," Philis said while applying lip gloss.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The two girls shared a look.

"Atti didn't tell you? Wait—your sister and your other friends didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" Ofie frowned, feeling dread, they shared another look. "Tell me what?" She repeated.

"They got suspended."

"What?!" She shrieked.

"Only for like three days so they'll be here today—but yeah. After you left for the Conner and the boys got pretty pissy with Atticus," Phillis whispered.

"I gotta give Atti some brownie points, he didn't rise to the bait until after the home bell rang and that was only because Conner yelled at him," Lovely continued. "Conner swung first Atti tanked it, Conner hit the floor when he retaliated, it didn't escalate beyond that. But yeah, those two—they're not friends at all, not anymore."

Ophelia's face crumbled, "T-this is my fault isn't it?It's my fault," she whispered, feeling guilt curdle in her stomach.

Lovely and Phillis immediately began to fuss as they sat with her on the bench and pulled her into a group hug.

"Of course not!"

"This is nobody's fault but Conner's," Phillis said, "...and your sister's...and Truscott's ...and maybe Hannah Montana's..."

Ofie lifted her head from her shoulder with a frown, "What?"

"I'm not sure but Conner did say something about Hannah Montana the other day—where are you going?"

Ophelia stood and grabbed her crutches before leaving. Phillis and Lovely followed after her.

"I need to talk to Conner."

"Bad idea."

"I am aware, but to put this behind me we need to have a discussion."

Unfortunately—or fortunately Conner was nowhere to be found that morning but Atticus was waiting for her by their lockers. She immediately slumped when she saw him whereas he brightened, smiling despite the bruise forming on his jaw.

"Hello, Sweetheart," he said sweetly.

"I'm sorry," she apologized immediately upon seeing him and he frowned.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"She's being stupid and blaming herself for what happened between you and Conner," Phillis tattled bluntly. "You deal with it, we have Math."

She and Lovely left them and Atticus stepped forward, hand reaching for her he tugged her closer to their lockers.

"It's not your fault."

"Then why does it feel like it is?" She questioned with a slight pout that had Atticus smiling.

"It's not. Trust me, this is no one's fault but mine and Conner's," he reassured.

Ophelia sighed, "Why—why didn't you tell me what happened? Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"I didn't want you to feel like you do right now," he defended, rubbing both hands up and down her arms and she slumped. "It's okay."

"I can't believe he did that, it's just—it's just so unlike him."

"Trust me, I wasn't expecting it either," he joked wincing in jest but Ophelia felt even more guilty.

"Does it hurt?" She asked reaching out to gently angle his head to properly see the bruise.

He grinned mischievously at her and leaned forward into her space. "A little bit," he admitted, "but do you know what would make it better?"

Ophelia's heart did several back flips and her stomach tried to flutter away. "How?" she breathed but she was a hundred and ten percent sure what he was going to ask for and she was very happy to oblige.

"If you kiss it better."

"Oh?"

"Mhmm."

But she wasn't going to oblige simply because she was petty and upset that she hadn't been told about what happened.

"No," she smiled sweetly as his fell. "I think the dull ache will be a great reminder why you shouldn't leave me in the dark."

"Sweetheart—"

"C'Mon, Romeo, we have Mr. Corelli."

"But—."

"No buts!"

"You're breaking my heart," he whined as he took her bag from her like the gentleman he was.

"Suffer."

He groaned.

~~~~~~

"Are you free after school?" Atticus asked during film class, his voice a low whisper as the movie played. It was one they had both already seen and were doing their own thing.

Ofie had her head cushioned on his shoulder as she read the last few chapters of one of her books. She turned to look at him, chin balanced on his shoulder and humming in confirmation.

"Do you want to go to the beach?" He asked almost too casually, eyes pointedly fixed on the screen and she raised her brows in amusement.

"Sure," she hummed, watching as he took a sip from his water bottle, "It's a date."

Atticus choked, coughing and spluttering and Ofie withheld a giggle as she leaned against the wall instead.

"You okay back there, Mr. Greene?"

"Y-yep."

~~~~~

"Becca's going to break up with me," Oliver cried the moment he had Ophelia's attention after he had texted her 911.

Ophelia frowned, shutting the empty classroom door behind her. Oliver was sitting curled up on the floor by the teacher's desk, looking miserable.

"What?"

"Miley and Lily told me that she—that she's gonna dump me."

Ophelia raised her brows. "And how did they know that?"

"S-she wrote about it to Hannah Montana."

Ophelia leaned against one of the desks, cocking her head. "Um, that doesn't make any sense, you guys have plans today, right?"

"Yeah...she's gonna break up with me then isn't she?" Oliver groaned pathetically.

"Why? That doesn't make sense, she was gushing about you in the bathroom earlier," Ophelia was genuinely confused. And by the looks of it, so was Oliver.

"Seriously?"

"Uh, yeah, where the heck do you think I just was when I got your 911? My hands are still wet," to prove her point she wiped one of her damp hands down the side of his face and he recoiled with a gag.

"Ofie!" He complained in disgust, "That's nasty!"

"What? They're clean! I sung the ABC's and everything," she giggled mischievously and he glowered at her.

"But why was she holding hands with Toby, in the cafeteria?"

"Which one? We have like five."

"Blonde and handsome."

"Oh! That Toby," Ofie scratched her chin, nodding, "He is handsome."

"Ofie!"

"So are you," she said soothingly, which was true.

"Don't lie!"

"I'm not!"

"Miley and Lily say I should dump her before she dumps me."

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "Miley and Lily need to butt out, okay? Go to the beach with her and listen to what she has to say, ask her about what you saw. Communication is key! Skip the angst!" She punctuated each syllable with a clap of her hands.

"What if she breaks up with me?"

"Take it like a man," she shrugged. "Buck up boy."

He glowered at her, "You are so much like your dad and Jackson sometimes."

"Thanks."

"That wasn't a compliment."

"Don't make me smack you in the mouth."

~~~~~

Miley and Lily were screwed, like totally screwed. Turns out Becca wasn't going to break up with Oliver. Good right? Not! They convinced Oliver to dump her first, the worst part was that Becca and Oliver genuinely like each other. To make a bad situation worse Conner had emailed Hannah Montana saying that he was gonna give it one last good try? What the heck did that mean? After he fought with Atticus Miley and Lily couldn't help but feel so guilty, this was not what they wanted to happen. Conner didn't seem the type—turns out he was, this was apparently the last straw for his parents and they were moving.

This was their fault.

Ofie was losing a friend because Miley couldn't let things be and Conner was losing two.

Oh, why didn't she listen to Lily?

(Because she's psychotic).

(Okay, that was rude).

(But true).

"Jackson!" Miley sprinted over to her brother with Lily in tow. The older boy for some odd reason was dressed in a chicken suit with his Boss/Boss' Kid Rico holding a paraglider.

"Have you seen Oliver and Ofie?"

"I've seen Oliver," he scoffed. "He's with some girl, 'cause he can get a girl—that blonde kid too. He was asking for Ofie, I scared him off—or I tried. I don't think he took me seriously dressed in a chicken suit!" He snapped.

Lily gasped, "Conner was here?!"

"All I'm looking for is down the beach, but thanks for sharing," Miley clapped her hand on her brother's shoulder before running to the pier to look down the beach.

"We'll never get to them in time!" Lily huffed looking down the beach.

"I have to, I'm the one who messed this up, if I don't stop them...I'm never going to forgive myself."

"But how? Look at how far away he is," Lily pointed down the way at Oliver and Becca before she zeroed in on someone a little farther away. "Oh no."

"What?" Miley looked over and felt herself pale. "Oh, sweet baby Jesus," she whispered, watching Conner head right for Ofie, but she wasn't alone. She was with Atticus. "I need to get down there."

"You'd have to be able to fly."

A lightbulb lit up in Miley's head and she turned towards Jackson and Rico. Walking towards them, she laid her hand on Rico's shoulder. "Is that a parasail?"

"Slow down there, toots," Rico held up his hand. "There's only one way you get up on this thing."

Turns out that one thing was the chicken suit Jackson was wearing.

"You are one evil little boy," she hissed through her feathers.

Rico grinned, "It's a little too late for flattery."

~~~~~

"Now," Ofie started "is there any reason why you asked me to the beach, Romeo?" She inquired, chin resting on her hand as she sat on one of the many large sandstones littered across the beach watching Atticus pace slowly in front of her.

"Shh," he shushed her and she withheld an amused grin, she clearly failed by the look he gave her. "You're enjoying my torment aren't you?"

"Little bit, yeah," she admitted without shame. "It's cute."

He huffed at her and she giggled.

"I want to ask you a question."

She straightened slightly in her place resting her hands on her thighs giving him her full attention, feeling her heart flutter weightlessly in her chest.

"Did you—did you," he took a deep breath, "mean what you said earlier? About this being a date? Or—or was it more of an implication that you wanted to go on a date...with me?"

Ophelia's mouth went dry. "Uh, Both," she answered with a nod of her head. "But more so that I was implying that I was aware that a question of date might be coming around..."

"Oliver?"

"Yeah."

"And you decided to beat me to it?"

She shrugged with a sheepish smile, biting her lip, "Um, in a way, more so to poke a bit of fun at you for not asking me sooner."

"I needed to be sure—."

"—that I liked you too?" Ophelia looked away from him. "I wouldn't be all up in your space if I didn't."

"I thought you were just being friendly."

Ophelia outright laughed at that, "Have you ever seen me that friendly with anyone at any point?" She questioned and he smiled to himself before shaking his head.

"Well, no?"

"So there's your answer," she said simply, looking away, "I mean like, I really like you—like a lot like-kinda- like, does that make sense?"

She looked up at him to find him slowly inching towards her withholding one of his soft sweet smiles.

"Like me like you'd go on a date with me?"

" I thought we'd already established this," she whispered as he drew closer.

"Yes or no."

"Yes."

"Like me as in you'd like to be my girlfriend?" He questioned slowly and Ofie's breath hitched painfully in her throat.

"Y-yes."

He reached for her hand and silently intertwined their fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body and shuddered. It reminded her of a romance book she had read a while ago, she hated it but she was starting to get it.

"Like me as in you want me to be your boyfriend?" He whispered and she withheld a squeak.

"Y-yes."

He grinned like the sun. "Like me as in you want to hold my hand, and steal my jumpers?"

"You're never going to own that sweater again," Ophelia whispered. "And I already hold your hand a lot, I would just have more incentive to do it if I was your girlfriend," she rambled. "I'd give you a lot more hugs too, people say I give the best hugs, y'know?"

"Kisses too?"

Ophelia made a sound between a squeak and a garble, it was so embarrassing, she tried to hide her face but a smiling Atticus wouldn't let her. As he held her other hand to keep her from hiding in her palms.

"Y-yes, if you want?" She whispered shyly.

"Can I kiss you now?"

"Please."

Ophelia never really thought about how her first kiss would be, she was just never interested in those parts of being a teenager. It was nothing like the books or movies, there were no fireworks, no dramatic pop ballad in the background, no rain. It was just her and Atticus and their shared warmth. His lips were soft, softer than she anticipated and sweet, his lips tasted just like his smiles felt to her. She was aware of slight awkwardness in the way their lips moved against one another that faded gradually away with each kiss. Ofie wanted to become his air, the only thing he needed to breathe, to live and perhaps he felt the same way with how his hand cupped the side of her face the heel of his palm pressing against her jaw, long fingers brushing the nape of her neck in a way that made her shiver drawing her deeper into him.

Devastatingly they had to part to heave in breath and her eyes opened to meet his. For a moment they did nothing but admire, before breaking into a fit of childish, giddy giggles that were muffled by their lips meeting a second time, more confident than before, more secure.

Her hands brushed his neck and jaw on their way up into his hair and he hummed happily into her mouth. The sound caused her heart to hammer dangerously in her chest, she was sure that if the world ended she wouldn't notice, that if she were to die she would die happy.

She was really starting to understand why Juliet wanted to give up her world for a boy—no, not just a boy—the perfect one.

Atticus was the perfect one.

Romeo to her Juliet.

Somewhere in the world Robby Ray Stewart felt a disturbance in the force...as if every ounce of peace he had left died out at once...

~~~~

Conner was having a pretty crappy day if he were honest—no not day, week. Not only did he find out that he was moving to the middle of nowhere Connecticut at the end of the semester, he completely lost one of his friends and the girl he likes hadn't even spared him a single interested glance since her sister's birthday.

Bad week? More like a bad couple of months.

On his way to make one last stand Conner didn't expect two things to happen.

One—to find Atticus and Ofie lip locked.

Two—to be knocked over by an oversized chicken before the crippling disappointment could settle in.

"Ow! What the heck!"

"Conner!"

"Miley? Why are you dressed as a freaking chicken? Is that a parasail? Chickens don't fly!" He had never felt so confused in his life.

"I can't let you do this!" She yelled in his face, pulling the mask off to reveal her own.

"Do what?"

"Make a bigger fool of yourself!"

"A bit too late for that!" He huffed, "Can you get off?!" He yelled when she made herself comfortable on his chest, crossing her legs and laying her chin on her fist.

"Nope! I'm comfy here, partner."

"Well I'm not."

"Well too bad, Buckaroo."

"Buckaroo?"

"Ofie doesn't like you," Miley said bluntly and he flinched at the sting of her words, the fight left his body as he laid back on the sand with a sigh. "At least not like how you want her to."

"Yeah, I figured," he sighed looking up at the sky. "At least I tried."

"I am so sorry, Conner," Mikey said sadly. "This is all my fault, I shouldn't have made you think you had a chance—I shouldn't have butted into my sister's life period," she sighed. "I just thought—I don't know what I was thinking and I am so sorry."

Conner sighed and looked to where Ofie and Atticus once were and had never felt a sense of longing so strong. He lost two friends in one fell swoop, and it was his fault.

"Yeah, so am I," he whispered.

Mikey gave him a guilty look, "Do you want some chocolate? That always makes me happy when I'm sad."

"Chocolate would be good right now," he murmured, fingers burrowing in the sand. "I still can't believe she doesn't like roses."

"I know right?"

~~~~

"You know, I've never heard you play," Atticus said as they sat on the patio of Ofie's house watching the beach. Their fingers were intertwined and she had curled up into his side in content.

"Really?"

"Mhmm."

Ophelia sat up and reached for the bass guitar her dad had carelessly left plugged in on the beach chairs. "I can play you something now, if you want," she said shyly and he hummed his happiness. "This is a bass by the way."

"I know what a bass guitar looks like," he deadpanned in amusement and Ofie sent him a playful grin.

"Wouldn't expect anything else, Atti," she hummed as she flicked on the amplifier. "This is something I just started working on," she said slowly, pinching her fingers together to strum. Her picks were up in her room.

She cleared her throat and looked pointedly away from him as she began to sing the chorus. "Hold back the river let me look in your eyes, hold back the river so I—can stop for a minute and be by your side, hold back the river, hold back. Hold back the river let me look in your eyes, hold back the river so I—can stop for a minute and see where you hide," she tapped her foot against the deck eyes straying towards him. He was smiling brightly at her and her heart skipped several beats.

"Lonely water, lonely water, won't you let us wander?Let us hold each other. Lonely water, lonely water, won't you let us wander? Let us hold each other. Hold back the river let me look in your eyes! Hold back the river so I—can stop for a minute and be by your side. Hold back the river let me look in your eyes, hold back the river so I—can stop for a minute and see where you hide, hold back the river, hold back," she finished softly and Atticus looked at her in disbelief and awe.

"That was amazing."

Ofie shrugged off the compliment, "It's still a work in progress, I only have the bridge and chorus," she whispered.

"Doesn't make it any less amazing! I didn't know you sang," he shook his head.

"Yeah, I don't go around announcing it—it's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal—Ofie!"

She looked at him with furrowed brows.

"This is a big deal, you're very talented."

Ofie went to open her mouth.

"The next words out of your bloody mouth better be a "Thanks Atti" or nothing at all," he scolded with faux sternness and Ofie giggled as she leaned forward, brushing her nose against his.

"Thanks, Atti," she whispered before pressing a soft kiss to his lips to emphasize just how much she meant it and she was awarded with his bright toothy grin.

"Oh my god!"

They pulled away from each other to find Lily and Miley watching them from the patio door. Their jaws dropped open in disbelief and excitement.

"Oh my god! You—you're—ack! Can't breathe!" Lily shrieked, doubling over and bracing herself against Miley who was just watching with wide eyes.

"Um," Atticus shifted. "I'm gonna go," he whispered, kissing the side of her head before getting up and leaving. "I'll see you tomorrow, Love."

Ofie sent him a smile as he walked away.

They watched him leave and when he was out of earshot Mikey and Lily started to squeal, jumping up and down in circles.

Ofie didn't join for obvious reasons.

They sat beside her.

"You have to tell us everything!" Lily squealed and Miley agreed.

"I can't believe my baby sister had her first kiss before me!" Miley cried. "Tell me everything."

Ophelia raised her brows, "No, I don't think I will," she denied as she stood up, picking up her crutch to wander inside to the kitchen.

Lily and Mikey shared a look before running after her.

"Wait, why?"

Ofie rolled her eyes as she opened the fridge. "Oh I don't know, maybe it has to do with you butting in where you're not needed or wanted," she said sarcastically, helping herself to a Gatorade, "maybe that's it."

"Oh, she knows," Lily whispered.

"You bet your behind I know!" Ofie snapped slamming her bottle on the counter, glaring at them. "What were you thinking?!"

"Ophelia—."

"Do you have any idea what you did, huh?!" Ophelia yelled and they flinched. Ophelia rarely ever yelled. "I lost a friend, so did Atticus and Conner just lost two along with his entire life because of you!"

"We know—."

"—I'm not done!" She snapped, rendering them silent. "My life is not a game! Neither is Oliver's. Do you either know how disgusting the choices you've made this past week were? How bad of friends you've been?! Here I was crying, overwhelmed and uncomfortable because of something you guys orchestrated and not once did you try to tell me the truth. I had to learn what you guys were up to from Oliver who heard it from Lovely and Phillis! Do you guys understand how messed up that is?!"

"Whoa, whoa, what's going on in here?" Their dad wandered in, holding groceries with Jackson in tow.

"Miley will tell you when I'm done yelling," Ophelia snapped irritably and her brother and dad flinched at her tone.

Nobody's safe.

"We're really sorry."

"I know! I know you're sorry, but that doesn't change the fact that I lost a friend because of you, that I've had the worst week of my life because of you!" Ophelia yelled before she took a deep calming breath. "Listen, I'm always gonna forgive you, always, because I love you guys. I really, really do—but this crossed a line."

Miley's face fell. "I know, I know and I will spend forever making it up to you, trust me on that."

"That's the thing, Mile, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to trust either of you again," Ophelia said sharply and they both flinched.

She limped passed them to the stairs. "Don't bother calling me down for dinner, I've lost my appetite."

They all stared after as she left but she paused on her way. "And no I don't like roses!"

Their dad looked at Miley and Lily scoldingly, "Mind telling what y'all did?"

Miley and Lily shared a devastated look.

~~~~~

Ophelia sat at her desk, emailing Johnny about what happened that week when an email popped up.

From: flowersintheattic

That was Conner.

Subject: Sorry.

Ophelia hesitated, mouse hovering over the email.

"Conner was never your friend," Lovely's voice echoed in her head.

That hurt.

She sighed to herself before deleting the email and blocking the address.

Conner was never her friend.

~~~~

Here are Ofie's outfits, or at least the ones that matter which days idk, assign them yourself lmao:

Next chapter! Let's go! Atti and Ofie are finally together. Conner is gonna be gone for a while, we'll see him again.

Miley and Lily are in the dog house and Phillis and Lovely are out get them. Atticus too (can't wait to get into that).

Next chapter, we have Robby Ray on the road again. Then we'll skip episode 13 and dive straight into Jake's introduction to the show that's gonna be messy.

I also decided to add Atticus, Phillis and Lovely to the cast list.

I'll be posting her outfits at the end bc Wattpad hates me these days.

Special thanks to taliascar123 for bringing a real one and editing my mistakes.

Make sure to vote and comment and I'll see you when I see you.

-CHOCOHOLIC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.9K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
682K 33.7K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
162K 7.8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...