๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ ยฅ...

By chocolex122

...๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐Ÿ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ๐จ ๐›๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ง๐š ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ž๏ฟฝ... More

๐’๐“๐€๐‘ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹
๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚ & ๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• ๐๐Ž๐“๐„๐๐“๐ˆ๐€๐‹ โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ•
"๐‹๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐ƒ๐จ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ง๐š ๐Š๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐š ๐’๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ?"
"๐ƒ๐š๐๐๐ฒ, ๐Œ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฒ ๐“๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ!"
"๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š, ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฆ, ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐†๐จ๐ง๐ž?"
"๐’๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐š ๐’๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ง๐ž๐š๐ค."
"๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Œ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง."
"๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐›๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง?"
"๐ˆ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ--๐ˆ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐–๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ."
"๐ˆ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐‘๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ!"

"๐Ž๐ก, ๐’๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐๐ฒ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐จ๐จ๐ง!"

969 54 26
By chocolex122

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓/ 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐍

(Outfits up top^^)

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐑. 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘. He happened to be the Humanities teacher for the eighth grade, the drama teacher and American History teacher so a good chunk of her week was spent under his manic ways. They were going through trust fall exercises and Ofie was doing most of the falling.

"Don't you dare drop me," she snapped at Atticus who smiled mischievously at her, motioning for her to turn around.

She turned facing the stage.

"Okay, and trust."

Ofie fell back, her bad knee extended and for a moment she panicked as she dropped farther than anticipated but Atticus caught her just before she hit the ground.

"Atti!" She huffed as he stood her upright, pressing against her back to wrap her in a quelling hug.

"I caught you didn't?" He laughed and she elbowed him in the stomach.

"Alright, very nice people!" Mr. Corelli stood on stage motioning for people to gather around.

Atticus lifted Ofie up in a way that reminded her of Johnny and set her down softly in front of the stage.

"Now that you have clearly mastered the trust exercise—you—you're ready to act!" He gave them a thumbs up. "But!" He held up a finger. "The secrets to acting is reacting," he turned to Oliver and screamed in his face startling the boy so much he went toppling into Atticus who caught him.

"You see that! He reacted. He didn't think, did you?" He pointed at Oliver who flinched.

"I-I try not to sir."

"And you're great at it."

Mr. Corelli moved through the students. "I want you all living in that mo—aahhh!" He screamed in Ofie's face and the girl raised her brow in amusement.

"Nice try, I have a big brother and a psycho older cousin, you're gonna have to try harder than that," she drawled giving him an indulgent smile.

He went to turn away in thought,"Ah, mhmm—Ahh!" He tried Miley but she shook her head pointing at her sister.

"We share said brother and psycho cousin, nice try though."

"Ahh!" Mr. Corelli turned to yell suddenly in Lily's face, being the only child that she is, she screamed.

"Nice work, you get an A for the day," he praised.

"I'll take a B if you stop doing that!" Lily huffed pressing a startled hand to her chest.

He ignored that and turned his back to them. "Now! We are going to do the mirror exercise," he announced. Standing on the stage he turned to them holding his hands out to motion what he was explaining. "What one does," he moved his left hand, "the other mirrors," he mimicked the motion with his right. "Acting...reacting."

They all watched him act/react to himself before he blinked himself out of his stupor, "Mirror!"

Ophelia turned to Atticus as they backed away from the others to do the exercise. They started with their hands flat out in front of them, close but not touching and proceeded to move languidly mimicking each other's movements.

"Now, next week we're doing scenes from Shakespeare's great play Romeo and Juliet—-But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?!" Mr. Corelli drew their attention, standing by Oliver and Henry, dropping into a kneel causing the two to copy what he was doing. "It is the east, and Juliet is the sun..." he looked at the boy. "Man, that dude knew how to pick up chicks!"

Ofie looked back Atticus as they started doing a light boogie. "So, partners?" She asked.

"I thought you would never ask, I would be honoured."

"If I didn't ask?" She raised her brows moving her arms in a wave motion. "Who would you have picked ?"

His eyes narrowed thoughtfully, "I mean Claire knows what she's doing—."

Ofie smacked him the shoulder and he laughed at her face.

"I'm joking, sweetheart, you are the only one I desire," he cooed with that handsome smile of his. "I would have asked you because no else has, simple as that."

"Mhmm—sure."

"I mean it!"

"Sure you do."

"Ophelia, sweetheart, don't go breaking my heart."

"I pick Henry!" Lily cried tapping said boy on the back drawing their attention.

"No fair!" Miley protested. "He went to Shakespeare camp three summers in a row!"

"Why do you think I picked him?"

"You know what? I don't care," Miley looked around spotting Atticus she opened her mouth but he raised his hands in surrender and Ophelia glared at her for even trying. She looked around again and saw that almost everyone had paired up. "I don't care! This doesn't mean I pick Oliver!" She snapped.

Mr. Corelli chose the wrong time to turn on his listening ears. "You pick Oliver?" He giggled rubbing his hands together evilly. "Bold choice, especially considering you going to have to—kiss him!" He yelled the last part in her face and Miley screamed.

"Haha! I knew I'd get ya, just kidding."

He walked away from them and as he was walking past Ofie and Atticus he turned and screamed in their faces suddenly.

Ophelia screamed startled only to double over in pain, and clutch her knee! "Ow! Ow!"

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Mr. Corelli apologized pressing a hand to her back.

"Are you okay, Ofie?" Atticus leaned forward worriedly

"Ahh!" Ophelia screamed in their faces causing both Mr. Corelli and Atticus to flinch back releasing startled screams.

She giggled at their faces, "Acting!"

"Ophelia!" Atticus scolded, pressing a hand to his chest.

Mr. Corelli started laughing pointing at her proudly. "Well played Little Stewart, A plus for the day!" They fist pumped. "A for you Atticus—good reaction, very compelling."

He then moon walked away.

Ophelia looked at Atticus with an amused grin, he shit her a flat stare as the bell rang. "What?"

"Nothing, you just scream like a girl."

He gaped in a offence, "I do not!" He denied grabbing their bags.

"You sort of do, man," Oliver agreed.

"You're one to talk Oken, whenever you scream I picture a six year old girl with pig tails in her hair."

"He's not wrong," Ophelia agreed.

"I hate both of you."

"We love you too Oli."

~~~~

Ophelia and Atticus arrived at her home two hours after Miley and Oliver left school and all they found was Oliver fooling around and Miley looking like she was about to have aneurysm.

He was pretending to make out, "Oh, Juliet!" He moaned and Ofie face palmed at the sight.

Atticus clapped, "Ten outta ten, perfect acting. Might I recommend a one woman show?"

Oliver looked over and sent them a winning smile. "Thanks man."

"He was being sarcastic," Ophelia deadpanned, throwing her cruch on the couch and Atticus nodded in confirmation.

"I hate you guys," Oliver huffed.

"False!" Atticus denied making an X with his fingers.

"Oliver!" Miley cried gaining everyone's attention. "We have been rehearsing for over two hours, and we're still on the first page," she complained. "It didn't take Shakespeare this long to write a play."

"It actually took him about three years," Ofie said and Miley whipped around to glare at her. Ophelia raised her hands in surrender. "I know when I'm not wanted, we'll be out on the deck," she said grabbing Atticus' hand and leading the way, with a limp but nowhere near as bad as a couple weeks before.

Atticus helped her spread outa beach towel and some pillows before helping her lower to the ground. The sat across from each other but close enough to feel the other body heat. She had her bad leg extended over on of Atticus' thighs as he sat cross legged in front of her. His long warm fingers tracing patterns on the skin just above her knee brace.

For a moment Ophelia leaned back on her hands and basked in the sun with a sigh, eyes slipping closed. She peaked open an eye and caught Atticus staring at her with parted lips.

She smiled at him and the tips of his ears went red but he didn't look away. "What?" She raised her brows.

"You're very pretty."

Ofie felt her cheeks grow hot and she giggled. "Flattery will get you nowhere, Mr. Greene."

"Hardly flattery, Miss Stewart," he leaned forward. "I meant it."

Her heart hammered in her chest and she averted her gaze before looking back at his smiling face. "Well I think you're pretty too," she decided.

"I'm pretty?"

"Boys can be pretty too," Ophelia nodded, "I think you're very pretty."

He grinned, "Flattery will get you nowhere, Miss Stewart," he returned.

"Hardly Flattery when it's true Me. Greene," she reached out and tapped him between his eyebrows and his nose scrunched. "Cute."

"Oh so now I'm cute?"

"Very cute."

"Keep that up we'll get nowhere," he chuckled and turned to his bag to produce his copy of Romeo and Juliet. It was battered, not the one the school issued, looked like it had been read a thousand times.

"I see you like Shakespeare," Ophelia observed and he nodded.

"Romeo and Juliet is my favourite, Hamlet is a close second."

"I like Macbeth."

"Oh, dark."

"Aren't all Shakespeare plays dark?"

"Touché."

"Besides I'm not much of a fan of Romeo and Juliet," Ophelia confessed and he stared at her in disbelief.

"You're not a fan of one of the greatest love stories ever written?"

Ophelia shook her head, "I just don't understand how the smartest person in the play—a fourteen year old girl gives everything up for a boy she just met once. I just don't get it."

"Isn't that the point? True love never makes sense?" He inquired and Ophelia shrugged, eyes meeting his for a second, heart hammering in her chest.

"Maybe," she conceded.

There was a knock on the patio door and it slid open to reveal her dad. Her looked between them suspiciously.

"Oh hey, Daddy," Ofie waved brightly, too comfortable to move any more.

"Hey, Baby, what's going on?"

"Shakespeare," she answered before pointing at her partner. "Daddy this is Atticus, you met him a couple weeks ago, his mom is the nurse that helped me."

"Nice to meet you properly, Mr. Stewart," Atticus held his hand out politely not moving to disturb Ophelia's rested leg. Noting this her dad stepped out and shook his hand firmly—a bit too firmly by how Atticus winced.

"Nice to meet you too, boy, where bouts you from?"

"Westminster," Atticus answered with a disarming smile which seemed to work because her dad let up a bit.

"How'd you meet my Little Girl?"

"We ran into each other on her birthday."

"Literally," Ofie made sure to add in amusement and Atticus grinned at her.

"I see, well—you both practice hard now, holler if you you need me," he told his daughter patting her on the head before going back inside, sliding the door partially shut.

When he was out of view Atticus shook out his hand with a pained face. "Ow! He almost crushed my hand."

"Yeah, sorry—but hey it seems he likes you."

"That was like?"

"He didn't kill you did he?"

"The bar is in hell but I'll take it," he huffed. "Balcony scene, right."

"Mhmm."

"Let's get started."

~~~~~

Ophelia was giddy Saturday afternoon after spending the whole a day with Atticus practicing. They had scene down pat and were even thinking of doing something a little different with the costume and vibe. At this point they were just hanging out to hangout.

She was seated at the kitchen counter helping her dad with dinner when Jackson came in like a hyperactive bee.

"Hey dad, hey Baby, how y'doing?" He rambled as he walked towards them, "What's for dinner, hope it's meat loaf. How was your day? Mine was good, nice shirt! What's for dinner? Did I already ask that? Meatloaf?" He was like a puppy, she could imagine a pair of ears and an eagerly wagging tail.

Their dad levelled Jackson with a flat stare, "Jackson, how much candy have you had today?" He inquired basting the meatloaf in barbecue sauce.

Jackson scoffed, "Wh-wh-wh-wh-why would you even ask that?"

"Because it's either candy or crack and you're not smart enough to score the other," Ophelia said bluntly.

"And we all know you have a problem when you've had too much sweets—I mean just look at ya," their dad continued pointing at him.

"Let it go, I was eight! I'd never seen a chocolate bunny before," he looked off as if dreaming. "Mmm! Big chocolate bunny ears with candy eyes! Oh!" He shuddered.

"Okay," their dad sighed. "Let me smell your breath."

"That's brave," Ophelia commented.

Jackson reluctantly blew air in their direction inadvertently catching Ofie too.

"Oh dear, god," Ophelia shuddered at how sweet his breath smelled. He smelt like he belonged in Willy Wonka'z factory.

"Ooh, boy! You smell like the inside of a piñata!"

Jackson scowled. "Big deal! So I had a few d-dozen pieces of candy!" He shuffled away trembling. "I can stop anytime I want!" He cried out, you know, like a liar.

As he turned he pulled something from his pocket, sniffing it as he went upstairs

"Hey, what you eatin'?" She heard Miley ask.

"Nothing! Get off my back, woman! HOO! HOO!" He screamed at her before running off.

When Miley turned the corner she looked like she had just been sprayed with a spray bottle.

"I haven't seen him like this since Halloween in '99," she commented prompting the two to nod in agreement.

"Oh I remember, I clocked him going 58 miles an hour on his roller skates in a Yoda costume!" Their dad chuckled.

"I remember that, he nearly ran me over."

"So," their dad looked at Miley curiously. "How's it going with Romeo?"

Miley slumped over, "Well, you know I finally hit Oliver to take it seriously, and guess what? He's seriously horrible."

"I just think you guys need to take a break, we'll go to the lakers game, you'll sing the National Anthem, get your mind off it," their dad suggested.

"I wish," Miley groaned, not noticing the door opening and Oliver inviting himself in. "But all I can think about is getting a bad grade and looking stupid, just because I'm stuck with Oliver," she ranted ignoring Ophelia's motions to get her to stop as Oliver wondered closer looking increasingly upset.

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

"Well Oliver is—."

"I know he's a friend and you don't bail on friends—."

"Yeah but—."

"But nothing, it's like he's the Titanic, and I gotta jump ship before I go down with him."

"Miley!" Ophelia snapped.

"What?"

"Iceberg right behind you," She pointed behind her and Miley's face fell as she turned to look at Oliver.

"You said you'd be there for me!" Oliver said accusingly and Ophelia flinched at the disheartened look on his face.

Miley stood, "Oliver, I was just—."

"Bailing on me?"

"No!" Miley denied. "I was just thinking about bailing on you! It's different."

Ofie groaned facepalming.

"You said I was the Titanic!" He said turning around and storming away.

"Not the ship!" Miley cried after him. "The very successful movie! You made like a billion dollars—," the door shut behind him and she world on Ofie and their dad. "Okay, we need a new warning signal!"

"I thought this," Ofie demonstrated shaking her head and cutting her hand back and forth in front of her vocal cords, "was the universal sign for stop talking."

"Honey, I did everything I could but baste you with barbecue sauce," their dad shrugged.

Miley slumped in her chair, "I should not feel bad about this? It's not my fault that Shakespeare makes him nervous. "What light through yonder window breaks?" How tough is that?"

Ophelia snorted, "I have feeling you're about to find out, Mile."

~~~~

Annnnd she was right. Hannah Montana proceeded to bomb singing the national anthem at the lakers game. Messing up the lyrics by accidentally quoting Shakespeare.

It was hilarious.

She got booed.

Even Leonardo DiCaprio threw popcorn at her.

Karma was a pain in the butt.

"Hey guys, how's Miley?" Lily asked after Jackson ran out slurping on maple syrup.

"Well, it's noon and she's still holed up in her room, if that tells you anything," their dad shrugged and almost as if summoned, Miley came out in her pyjamas, pouting and holding her childhood teddy bear.

"Hey, Bud, How you doing?" He created as Miley shuffled to the living room.

She sighed, "Okay, except I had this awful dream where I forgot the national anthem in front of thousands of people."

"Ooh, sorry to break it you, sis, that was very much real," Ophelia cooed from the table earning an annoyed glare from her sister.

"You couldn't play along for one second?"

"Nope! Where's the fun in that?" Ofie grinned.

"Let's not think about it anymore," Lily tried . "Let's watch T.V, get your mind off it."

The universe said "not today sweetheart" every channel was commenting on what happened the night before. Miley covered her bear's eyes. "I'm so sorry you had to see that, Beary," she cried, kissing its head.

Lily raised an unimpressed eyebrow, "Beary The Bear? You couldn't do better than that?"

"I was three! And I'm not changing his name now, that would just confuse him," Miley huffed moving to the kitchen and taking a seat beside Ofie.

"Here you go, Mile," their dad placed her pancakes in front of her.

"I'm too upset to eat."

"I'm not," Lily reached across Ofie to steal the plate, settling on the other side of her.

"Well listen, after tonight when Hannah performs on Top Rockers , no body's going to remember she screwed up the national anthem," their dad soothed but that did nothing but rile Miley up more.

"What?!"

"Top rockers?! I love that show!" Lily squealed.

"Made the call this morning. It's all set."

Miley shook her head l, "Daddy, I can't perform on Top Rockers, that's a live show! What if I mess up again?"

"Hope Leonard DiCaprio throws something harder than a foam finger?" Ofie tried earning an angry cuff upside the head

"Ow!"

"Shut up!"

"Miley, what's going on , you've never had stage fright before—these are very good, what do you do to them?" Lily gushed getting side tracked with a mouth full of flapjacks.

"I mean, I've never had people laughing at me before."

"Mile, that's not gonna happen again—actually I just put in a splash of vanilla and a hint of cinnamon," he told Lily who nodded.

"Daddy!"

He looked back to his eldest daughter, "Mile, listen, if you want to put this thing behind you, you gotta get back on the horse, just like uncle Earl."

"Uncle Earl fell off a horse?"

"Uncle Earl forgot the words to the national anthem?"

Their dad pointed at Ofie, "Yes," he pointed at Miley, "No, he fell off one of the horses, it took four of us to get that fat old coot back up."

"I just don't want to get laughed at again."

"Wow," Ophelia started pretending to be awed. "That's exactly how Oliver feels and you bailed on him, funny how that works, ironic isn't it?"

Miley glared at her while Lily giggled.

"Do you ever get tired of hearing yourself talk?" She snipped at Ofie who shrugged.

"Nah, not really. Do you ever get tired of talking yourself into circles?"

Miley scowled.

"Mile," their dad drew attention back before the sisters could start arguing, "everybody gets nervous, but the longer you wait, the tougher it's gonna get."

"I guess you're right, I just gotta do this don't I?" She nodded before she balked. "What if I forget the words to one of my songs?"

Ofie almost said, You mean my songs? But refrained.

"Or I forget to put my costume on? Then I'd be singing in my underwear."

"That'd be quite a show," Lily hummed over a mouthful of pancakes.

~~~~

"Nervous for tomorrow?" Atticus asked lightly as they sat on the beach.

"Kinda."

"Could have fooled me, you look pretty confident."

Ophelia shook her head, "I've been walking with a knot in my stomach all weekend."

"Well if you get nervous just look at me," he said softly tracing patterns on the skin above her knee brace.

"Bad idea."

He raised his brows, "Bad idea?"

"You make me nervous," she confessed and he chuckled.

"Funny I was about to say the same thing about you," he returned with a low hum and Ofie giggled laying flat on her back and throwing an arm over her face, hiding from his gaze.

"Are you hiding from me?"

"Nooo!"

"Then look at me," he prompted pinching her thigh causing her to flinch but she continued to hide from him.

He carefully put her leg on the ground and moved so quickly Ophelia didn't notice until her hands were pinned on either side of her head and Atticus was beaming down at her like the sun.

She was quite sure she had gone into cardiac arrest. She felt like she had just run a marathon with how hard it suddenly became to breathe and how lightheaded she became.

"Hi," she breathed out.

His grin grew brighter, "Hi," he returned before leaning down a pecking her nose.

Ophelia withheld a squeak as he rolled off of her and laid flat on his back beside her.

She blinked dazedly up at the sky.

Oh wow.

His fingers curled around hers and she grinned at the sky.

Maybe she understood what Juliet felt.

~~~~~

To make a fairly long story short: Oliver forgave Miley after she almost made a fool of herself on live television. They're cool now.

It was Monday afternoon and Ophelia found herself dressed in a party hat and party mask, waiting for her and Atticus' turn.

"Okay! Next scene the balcony scene, that needs an actual balcony, come come class!" Mr. Corelli said happily. "Mr. Smith was so kind to let us use the main one as long he could watch."

Atticus was kind enough to give Ofie a piggy back ride up to the second floor where she could look down on everyone. Some of her class others just coming to see them make a fool of themselves.

Oh she was going to be sick.

"Hey, remember," Atticus tapped her cheek drawing her attention. He sent her his soft sweet smile, "Eyes on me."

She nodded and inhaled deeply. "Okay, okay, let's do this."

He beamed and left her to go down to the second floor .

"Whenever you're ready!" Mr. Corelli called holding his pen to his clipboard as he watched along side Mr. Smith.

Atticus was hiding just out of view.

She focused in her sister and her friends who gave her a supportive thumbs up.

With a deep breath, she made a show of sighing dreamily as she leaned against the balcony. "Oh, Romeo!" She called out, "Doff thy name!" She giggled pressing hand to her party hat. She noticed some people frowning a bit confused but discarded them, to focus on the performance.

"Oh, and for thy name, which is no part of thee," she sighed happily, eyes fluttering as she touched her neck and collarbones, "take all myself."

"I take thee at thy word!" Atticus—Romeo ran out of his hiding place. "Startling" Ofie who pretended to fall back from view with a loud squeak only to accidentally loosing her balance.

"Oh, my god!" She gripped the railing as her party hat fell off her head.

There were giggles from below and she trembled. Please don't be laughing at me. Please think it was on purpose.

"Oh!" Atticus chuckled lightly and the sound of it was enough to soothe some of her nerves. "Call me but love, and I'll be new baptized. Hence forth I never will be Romeo."

"What man art thou that thus be-screened in night, so stumblest upon my council?" She questioned sharply, partially out of view. She made a show of trying to peek over the edge to get a glimpse of the "intruder".

"B-by name I know not how to tell thee who I am," he started sweetly, "My name, dear saint, is hateful to myself, because it is an enemy to thee."

Ophelia as Juliet shuffled closer to the balcony with frown, only to gasp in slight awe at the sight of Atticus—Romeo. She shuffled back in shock, "Art thou not Romeo a-and a Montague?"

"Neither, fair maid, if either thee dislike."

She gripped the railing in one hand and peered over the balcony in disbelief, she gasped in awe once again, almost unbelieving of his presence. "How cam'st thou hither, tell me, and wherefore?" She questioned pulling off her party mask to reveal all parts of her face, hearing his breath hitch from below, eyes fixed on him as if he might just disappear. She motioned to the nonexistent walls. "The orchard walls are high and hard to climb—and the place—!" She gasped in horror, "and the place death, considering who thou art," she looked back as if there were people coming and looked back down, tracking his movements as he paced from end to the other, "if they see thee, they will murder thee!" She hissed in worry.

Romeo—Atticus, did nothing out smile as he used his hands to mimic wings. "With loves light wings did I o'er-perch these walls," he also pointed at the nonexistent walls. "The stony limits cannot hold love out," he said turning to her fully, expression open and hopeful, "And what love can do that dares love attempt: Therefore thy kinsmen are no stop to me," he said strongly and she gasped in disbelief pacing to the opposite end of the balcony, as far away from him as possible without retreating.

"My life were better ended by their hate, than death prorogued by thy love," he declared and she frowned, shaking her head.

"By whose direction founds't thought out this place?" She asked again.

"By love," he answered simply and she scoffed, but he was insistent. "By love, that did first prompt me to inquire."

She shook her head in disbelief, "Dost thou love me?" She asked, only to groan and pace back and forth. "Oh! I know thou wilt say 'Ay' and I will take thee at thy word," she almost smiled  dreamily at him before she caught herself and smacked her hand against the balcony. "Yet, thou swears't, Thou mayst prove false: at lovers perjuries They say Jove laughs,0 she said in doubt. She pressed her fist to the side of her head in frustration and looked at him as if he may just be the solution to it all.

"Ohhh, gentle Romeo! If though dost love, pronounce it faithfully," she tried, his gaze almost making her belive before she forced her eyes away. "Or, um, if thou thickest I am too quickly won," she said talking to herself as she paced, "I'll frown and be reverse and say thee nay," she said holding back a giggle as she looked off as if fantasizing what could be, "so thou wilt woo, oh but else not for the world."

She looked down at him, smiling giddily as pressed her hands to her heated cheeks. "In truth, fair Montague, I am too fond," her smile died just as quickly as it came she back away just slightly. "And therefore, thou must think my havior light—but trust me," she began strongly, "gentleman, I'll prove more true than those who have more cunning to be strange," she pressed her hands to her head in frustration once again before she sighed and looked at him softly.

"I should have been more strange, I must confess," she said, voice dropping into an almost accusing whisper, " But that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware, My true-love passion. Therefore pardon me," she confessed looking away from the beaming smile he sent her way. "And not impute this yielding to light love, which the dark night hath so discoverèd."

"Lady, by yonder blessèd moon I vow," he started pressing a reverent hand to his chest, "That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops—."

"Oh swear not by the moon!" She cut him off looking upwards. "Swear not by the inconsistent moon, That monthly changes in her circled orb, Lest that thy love prove likewise variable."

"What shall I swear by?" He questioned insistently and she shot him a reproachful glare.

"Do not swear at all," she said simply, "Or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self, Which is the god of my idolatry, And I'll believe thee," she confessed.

"If my heart's dear love —," he tried again but she cut him off throwing her party mask down at him in frustration prompting the class to giggle.

"Well, do not swear!" She snapped once again, before sighing almost in defeat. "Although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract tonight. It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden, Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be," she whispered in fear, looking around.   "Ere one can say 'It lightens," she continued before she shook her head, forcing away all doubt, looking down at him with a sweet smile, "Sweet, good night. This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, May prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. Good night, good night. As sweet repose and rest! Come to thy heart, as that within my breast!"

She went to leave but he called for her, "O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?" He questioned in near disappointment.

She narrowed her eyes at him, "What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?"

"The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine."

She sighed and smiled ever so slightly, "I gave thee mine before thou didst request it. And yet I would it were to give again."

He frowned pacing toward her from below, "Wouldst thou withdraw it? For what purpose, love?"

"But to be frank, and give it thee again," she grinned giddily and he returned the expression, "And yet I wish but for the thing I have. My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite," she confessed leaning over the balcony, arm extended as if begging to touch him just once.

"Juliet!" Mr. Corelli called in a high pitched voice, pretending to be the nurse, breaking whatever spell they seemed to be in.

Ophelia withheld a startled giggle as she looked back as if he was there, she pretended to look panicked. "I hear some noise within; dear love, adieu!" She looked down at him ushering him, before looking back. "Anon, good nurse!" She turned back to him, "Sweet Montague, be true. Stay but a little, I will come again."

Ophelia stepped out of view.

Atticus giggled, "O blessèd, blessèd night! I am afeard,
Being in night, all this is but a dream, Too flattering sweet to be substantial."

Ophelia quickly reappeared, "Three words, dear Romeo, and good night indeed!" She insisted, "If that thy bent of love be honorable," she said slowly, "Thy purpose marriage, send me word tomorrow, By one that I'll procure to come to thee, Where and what time thou wilt perform the rite, And all my fortunes at thy foot I'll lay, And follow thee, my lord, throughout the world," she said seriously.

"Madam!" Mr. Corelli crowed.

"I come, anon," she called angling her head as if talking to so someone behind her, "But if thou meanest not well, I do beseech thee —."

"Madam!"

She groaned in frustration, looking back once again, "By and By I come!" She yelled with attitude before looking back down at him with a viscous frown. "To cease thy strife, and leave me to my grief," she begged. "Tomorrow will I send."

"So thrive my soul," he pressed a hand to his chest.

"A thousand times goodnight!" She stepped out of view once more.

"A thousand times the worse, to want thy light," Atticus sulked with a sigh, reaching down to grab the party mask she threw at him before making as if her going to walk away, "Love goes toward love, as schoolboys from their books, But love from love, toward school with heavy looks," he sighed once gain, looking forlornly up at the balcony, he started to slowly shuffle away before Opheli appeared once again.

"Psst! Psst! Romeo!" She looked around pretending as though she could not find him. "To lure this tassel-gentle back again!" She huffed in frustration, "Bondage is hoarse, and may not speak aloud; Else would I tear the cave where Echo lies,And make her airy tongue more hoarse than mine, With repetition of my 'Romeo.'"

In a mimic of earlier Romeo appeared startling her again with a squeak, prompting another giggle as he responded eagerly to her call, "It is my soul that calls upon my name. How silver-sweet sound lovers' tongues by night, Like softest music to attending ears!"

"Romeo!" She all but squealed, doubts forgotten.

"My Love?"

" At what o'clock tomorrow, Shall I send to thee?" She inquired and he cocked his head thoughtfully.

"Ummm.... By the hour of nine," he decided and she nodded brightly.

"I will not fail; 'tis twenty year till then, I have forgot why I did call thee back," she giggled and he grinned up at her as she cushioned her chin on he hand, elbow propped on the balcony.

"Let me stand here till thou remember it," he said simply. "I shall wait for thee forever," he confessed and Ophelia blinked at Atticus, stunned.

That wasn't part of the script.

"I shall forget, to have thee still stand there, Remembering how I love thy company," she said in return, actually blushing. She hid her face in her hands.

"And I'll still stay, to have thee still forget, Forgetting any other home but this," he said softly and she looked at him biting back a smile.

"Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone; And yet no farther than a wanton's bird, Who lets it hop a little from his hand," she confessed sweetly, "Like a poor prisoner in his twisted gyves, And with a silk thread plucks it back again, So loving-jealous of his liberty."

"I would I were thy bird," Atticus indulged playfully.

And she narrowed her eyes just as playful in response, "Sweet, so would I," she returned, "Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing. Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow," she sighed sadly as she stepped away from the balcony, "That I shall say good night till it be morrow."

She ten stepped out of view, leaving Atticus to slump his shoulders. "Sleep dwell upon thine eyes, peace in thy breast," he whispered reverently l, looking down at her party mask, "Would I were sleep and peace, so sweet to rest. Hence will I to my ghostly Friar's close cell,  His help to crave, and my dear hap to tel," he took one last glance at the now empty balcony before stepping aside.

"Annnd scene!" Mr. Corelli called clapping his hands. "That was perfect! A plus, plus! I loved it!" He said as both Ofie and Atticus bowed at the clapping class. "You guys did great! I love the little personalization you threw in there."

"Thank you!" They said.

"Back to class people we have four more scenes to do! They set a pretty high bar!"

Atticus ran up the stairs to come get her bad she squealed when he swept her in a hug. "That was great!"

"You were great," Ofie returned.

"No you were," he denied as he let her hop on his back.

"You're too sweet," she huffed at him and he threw her a smile over his shoulder and she kissed his cheek. "And cute."

"You're cuter."

"Oh really how cute?"

"Very cute."

"Cute enough to wait forever for?" She questioned and his ears went red as he coughed as if something caught in his throat.

"I'm just kidding, no need to panic, Romeo."

"You are the worst," he huffed in amusement and she giggled laying her chin on his shoulder in content.

Caught up in one another they missed Conner watching them walk off with disheartened eyes. He sighed, accepting that Ophelia Stewart would never look at him like that and smacked the balcony with his hand before he doubled back to his class.

That should've been that, unfortunately people like to meddle.

~~~~
chapter eight! It's 11 pm and I have work in a couple hours but I needed to get this out.

Next chapter, Miley and Lily sticking their noses where they don't belong and blowing up Ofie and Oliver's love lives.

I actually can't wait for next chapter lol.

Anyway, you know the drill, vote comment and a I'll see you when I see you.

-CHOCOHOLIC. ✌🏿

PS! https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM6Uo9VRC/

Watch it you're welcome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 39.6K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
960K 36.4K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
2.2M 116K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
158K 7.4K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...