Shattered (A Jack Johnson Fan...

Galing kay _saraxoxo7

17 year old Hailey Adams just moved from her home in New York to a small town in the middle of Nebraska calle... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Quick A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

2.9K 88 70
Galing kay _saraxoxo7

1 month later

Hailey's P.O.V:

Another month passed and Jack and I were closer as ever. After we told each other everything, I felt as if I was more connected to him now and I could tell him anything.

Now it was Friday after school and Jack was driving me to work.

When we pulled up to the diner, Jack took my arm before I could get out.

"Hey, so...I was thinking that me and you could go out for dinner tomorrow night? I don't know, it's just a suggestion."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Where would we eat?" I asked.

"Well, there's a really good Italian place just up the road from here called Belissima and I know how much you like Italian food."

I laughed.

"You're right...well, I'll see if I can take the night off tomorrow."

Jack nodded.

"Okay...can I pick you up at 7?"

"Yeah, sure." I answered.

"Great, see you then."

I said goodbye to him and shut the door.

Hmm, dinner, huh? I thought to myself as I entered the diner.

*
Friday night came and went and now it was Saturday evening, almost 6:00. I had to get ready for Jack to pick me up.

I showered and brushed and straightened my hair. Then I did some light makeup and got dressed in a cute light pink shirt with white jeans and matching white lace Toms shoes. I put some money in my purse and I was ready to go.

I walked downstairs and saw my mom waiting at the stairs.

"There's something waiting for you outside." She announced now.

I gave her a confused look and went to open the front door. There was a bright red car with its engine running in the driveway.

"Mom." I whispered. "Is that...for me?"

She smiled and nodded.

"My boss at work has a daughter about your age who was getting a new car so she didn't need her old one...so he offered to give it up to me."

She tossed me the keys.

"But Mom, I-I don't have my license." I stammered.

"You drove my car all the time back in New York. Tomorrow, we can take your driving test. I'm pretty sure you'll pass."

"Yeah, okay." I went over to hug her.

"Thanks, Mom. Now I don't have to walk home from work anymore."

My mom laughed.

"Well, get going! You don't wanna be late!"

"Actually, Jack's picking me up tonight." I replied.

She widened her eyes.

"Wow, what a gentleman." She looked at me.

"Do you like him?"

I blushed at the sudden question.

"No! We're just friends. We're going out to dinner as friends."

My mom smirked.

"Alright, whatever."

I checked the time on the clock above the kitchen overhang. 6:55.

Just then, bright car headlights pulled into the driveway.

"Oh, look. It's Jack. I'll see you later, Mom." I grabbed my coat and purse and walked out.

I got into the passenger seat of his car and I saw Jack. He smiled a little and I could see his dimples. His blue eyes were bright even in the dim light of the evening.

I quickly turned away and shut the door.

I took a deep breath.

Yes, as time passed, I realized how attractive Jack really was. But I couldn't like him. He was the only friend I had, and I couldn't really turn it into something else.

"Hey, you okay?" Jack asked me now.

I turned back around and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Okay." Jack backed out of the driveway and started down the street.

*
After a few minutes of laughing and making fun of the same 10 songs that played on the radio, we finally got to the restaurant.

We walked into the place and I looked around. The floor was made of bronze colored terra-cotta tile, and the walls were painted to look like they were part of an old, crumbling farmhouse. Bottles of wine were lined up on shelves around the restaurant, and the air smelled pungently of olive oil and herbs.

We got seated at a table for two right by the window.

I sat down and put my napkin on my lap, watching the cars go by.

A waitress immediately came over and poured us lemon water in fancy glasses and gave us a basket of warm bread and a plate with olive oil and balsamic vinegar mixed together for dipping.

Italian music played lightly over the loud talking of people.

Jack broke off a piece of bread and dunked it in the oil.

"This bread is really good." He commented with his mouth full.

"Um, it's really rude to chew with your mouth open." I said jokingly.

His cheeks turned red and he shut his mouth.

I giggled as I grabbed some bread.

"I was kidding, Jack."

He swallowed his bread and laughed.

The waitress came back and we ordered an appetizer of fried calamari (see picture) and our entrées. I ordered chicken Parmesan and Jack ordered shrimp scampi.

When the waitress walked away, Jack propped his elbows on the glossy wooden table and looked at me.

"So, what's new with you?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"You saw me yesterday." I said.

"I know. But you never know, something could've happened between the 20 hour period we didn't see each other."

I laughed and took a sip of water.

"You're weird, Johnson."

He flushed and looked into his lap.

We talked the whole time about school, homework, and other things and we ate our appetizer until our actual dinners came.

The smells of our food wafted through my nostrils and my stomach grumbled. I guess I was still hungry even after the massive plate of fried calamari we got to start off.

I picked up my fork and speared a shrimp off of Jack's plate, then twirled some pasta around my fork.

"What-hey!" Jack whined, grabbing my hand before I could bring it back to my plate.

"Jack-stop!" I said between laughs as we wrestled across the table. I eventually won because Jack lost strength.

I gave him a sly smile as I ate what I managed to snatch off his plate.

"Yum." I said.

Jack narrowed his eyes at me, then took a small piece of chicken I cut up off my plate.

"HA!" He said as he popped it in his mouth.

I shrugged.

"No biggie."

We ate our own meals in silence for a little bit, then Jack and I switched plates and we finished each other's meals.

Even though we were a little full, we managed to share some tiramisu together and eat almost the whole thing.

We got our check and Jack took it right away.

"Jack! Don't pay for the whole thing! How much is it?"

He stared down at it.

"Surprisingly not that much. I've got it this time, Hailey."

I sighed.

"Fine, as long as you promise I'll pay next time."

Jack stuck out his hand and we shook on it.

"It's a deal."
*
Jack drove me back home and we stopped in front of my house.

I didn't get out though. I just sat in silence, staring ahead at the dashboard.

"Is your dad..." Jack started.

"Still locked up in the loony bin? Yeah, he is." I answered quickly. I told Jack about my dad the day after my mom told me.

"Sorry." He mumbled.

"Don't be sorry, Jack. If anything, this is a good thing."

He nodded.

I turned to him now.

"Thanks for tonight. I had a really nice time." I said to Jack.

He grinned slightly.

"No problem."

I looked at my house. It was dark, and my mom was probably asleep so she could get up early for work.

"Well, I'd better get inside." I quickly gave Jack a hug. He smelled like cologne and shaving cream (not that he had anything to shave).

We pulled away and his face was a mix of shock and surprise.

"Did you just...hug me?" He asked teasingly.

I laughed.

"Yes, I did."

His cheeks turned red for the tenth time that night and he turned his head.

"I'll see you later." I said.

"Bye, Hailey."

I opened the car and got out.

"Bye Jack."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

4.5K 73 16
Allison and the Omaha boys had always been best friends. But when they start seeing more and more differences things change. Then their life takes a...
209 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
35.4K 1.1K 35
Being the sister of two famous Viners, a famous football player, and an adorable sister may sound like luxury, but it isn't. I'm basically the disapp...
102K 779 41
Riley Sharp was an ordinary girl. She moved to her aunts house in Omaha, Nebraska and befriended a lot of people, one of which was Jack Gilinsky. Jac...