That Time I Got Reincarnated...

By Kousei_96

"Who knew not wanting to read My Hero Academia would be a major setback?" Died because of le 'ol Truck-kun, Y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
not a chapter
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Extra
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

942 53 15
By Kousei_96

Capture that Flag!

≠===========≠==========≠

Starting with a sprint, Y/n drags up a mask over half of his face, his usual trademark. Throwing his arm out, his Quirk launches out and then pulls him along to a swing.

'Alright remember... What was their Quirks again...?' He thought, remembering back when he watched U.A's Sports Festival.

'Iida has something to do with being fast, so the urban area was a good pick for him.' He recalled seeing Iida running around the arena speedily.

Just then, the sound of engine whirred loudly from around the corner of the small section of the city replica. Looking around, Y/n then spotted Iida in all of his glory, speeding straight at him.

Y/n would've remarked something to him, but he noticed that he was acting kinda tense.

"Villain!! I will not let you through and escape!! That is my promise as a Hero!!" Iida yelled as he ran with a slightly muffled promise through his headgear.

"Woah, we're role-playing?" The new student questioned as he swung, not dropping down anytime soon. "Well, if I must... Ahem."

"Well, too bad, Hero!! The sky is my groove, and you're just wasting your energy and breath running after me like a maniac!" Y/n decided to play along with his roleplay, as he strengthen his pull with each swing, causing him to swing faster as a result.

"Not so fast!!"

As Iida yelled this, Y/n felt a sudden yank at his feet, simultaneously stopping his movement mid air. Looking down, he saw that a some kind of rope attached to an anchor is wrapped around his ankle. Looking back at Iida, Y/n wasn't able to do his usual quip when he was yanked once more by the class president himself.

"Aah--!"

Losing his grip, his Quirk dissipates and Y/n was forced to hurtles down at a fast pace. Without luck, he was harshly slammed down to the ground with a loud thud.

Clouds of dust were kicked up as a result, causing the reincarnator to a coughing fit. Forcing himself up from the city's road replica, Y/n looked around through the dusts, when a familiar looking person walks towards him.

"Ugh... Where'd you even get that rope...?" Y/n asked while groaning in pain. He then hissed in pain when rope around his ankles tighten.

"Yaoyorozu was kind enough to give me the rope. She said something about paying you back though...." Iida cocked his head to the right, a little confused as to why Yaoyorozu would help him.

Hearing this, Y/n groaned in annoyance. "Ugh... This is why I don't like having inside jokes with friends..."

Getting back his bearings, Y/n harshly pulled bacl his captured leg, in hopes to get an opening to escape. Lucky for him, Iida was a little surprised whe he did.

The small opening allowed Y/n to use his Quirk at Iida's left leg, entrapping it with darkness. With a pull, it was Iida's turn to fall on his back with a surprised yelp.

Heading this chance, Y/n took a sprint at the direction of his main goal, the flag. It wasn't long after he ran when the sound of biological engines and rapid steps started to approach him. Turning around, Y/n saw Iida ran at him at high speed.

Closing in on the new student, Iida then did a small jump and raised his legs for an overhead kick. Luckily, Y/n reacted quickly enough and ducked under the engine powered kick.

Y/n was about to give Iida a piece of him too, but the former was quick enough to hop back, away from a supposed punch to the gut. Not letting up, sounds of mechanical whirring were let out when Y/n's legs boosters(I'll them that for now) activates. With a powerful jump, Y/n was high in the air for a moment.

'Iida is clearly not a pushover... If I want to get past the urban arena, I have to get past him first!' With that thought, he used his Quirk to get a hold of the ground beside Iida and pull himself down to a drop kick.

"Rider Kick!!!" Paying homage to a certain childhood hero, Y/n's attack landed right at Iida.

"Gghh...!" But unfortunately, he blocked the attack with his more well developed arms. Actually, his whole body was way more built and developed that Y/n's.

'That much is obvious... That's why I have to catch up fast...!' Gritting his teeth, he jumped back into a backflip using Iida's arm and landed several feet away.

Still not done with attacks, Y/n rushed in once more, winding up a right hook. Iida responded with the same attack, dishing out his own right hook. Both of their fists would've met each other's face, but to the class president's surprise, Y/n ducked under once more from the larger boy's attack.

Snaking his arms around the taller male's upper body, Y/n used the famous move that he'd like to call "Annie's Takedown!" from a certain anime.

That what was he's expecting to happend.

But Iida was just physically THAT stronger than him. This realization struck causing Y/n to literally freeze in place. Iida's legs were firm against Y/n's when he was digging at Iida's legs.

Taking this chance at Y/n's stupor, Iida cocks a pinch and delivers it at Y/n's stomach, right under his ribs.

"Guh..!" Wind were knocked out of his lungs, as well as his stupor. But as he was about to counter attack however, the ex-vigilante was prevented to when Iida followed up with a rounhous kick to the chest. Anymore oxygen left in his lungs was literally kicked out of his lungs from the impact when he skids back from the force, surprisingly still standing, albeit barely.

Away from the arena, the rest od the class overlooked the fight from a screen in a viewing room of sorts. Most of the class was a little shocked at their class president's display of power against the new kid.

Many of them has different reactions to this.

"Wow... Iida is being a lot more physical there, huh?" Kaminari commented, a surprised and slight uncomfortable look on his face.

"Yeah... You'd think he wanted to kick L/n's ass..." Mineta agreed.

Yaoyorozu would be a little happy that her help worked against Y/n, but she started to feel bad when Iida was overpowering him.

Gasping for air as he stops, Y/n looked at Iida with a pained expression and a smile. "That was a mean kick there, Mr. Exit-Sign-Iida... I'd think that you have a grudge against me..."

Midoriya heard what Y/n says through the screen, reminded of an accident just after the U.A Sports Festival.

"Mr. Aizawa wish for us to go all out each time we train or spar, so I'm merely doing as he said." Iida explain with authority, pushing up the non-existent glasses over his head gear. Probably from habit.

"Now, stand down and surrender." Approaching the winded opponent, Iida took out a white capture tape. Stopping in his tracks, he had to side step to his right when two of Y/n's Dark Whip launched past him, missing the class President completely.

"That was a terrible execution, even for you..." Iida said, continuing his walk towards his supposed prey.

"Heh... Who says that I was aiming for you?"

With a pull from his Quirk, it quickly retracted into Y/n, along with something that he grabbed. The sound of concrete clattering was heard, and Iida was about to turn around to look. And fortunately for Y/n, the concrete light pole replica that he snag off from the ground hit true to his target, hitting straight at Iida's noggin'.

His chance presented it self when Iida was heavily disoriented from the surprise attack, and Y/n happily took the chance.

Using his leg boosters once more, Y/n didn't use it to jump high, but using it the same way that he used it on Big Guy a few months back (Chapter 5). Jumping straight at Iida, Y/n raised his knee and hit the class President's chin, effectively knocking him out.

Unexpectedly knocked unconscious, the class president's head was thrown back along with his body, and hit the ground with a thud. The other classmates cringed at the sight, swore that they could almost feel the hit to the chin.

Cringing in pain, Y/n looked over the unconscious president on the ground. It was almost well deserved, he'd say. But he never liked to hit people hard in the first place. Whispering a sorry while tying Iida up with the capture tape given, Y/n continues on his towards his end goal with a 14 minutes left.

Swinging at high speed, Y/n begins to notice the cement-form environment changing into the forest part of the obstacle course. Swinging onto a tree branch cement-replica, he stopped for a few seconds to give the surface a few taps.

Hearing the sound of his knuckles hitting the cement, he nodded lightly to himself. "It's a cement alright... Now I'm actually feel bad for hitting Iida with that pole..."

Y/n mumbled, thinking back to his act of sneak attack at Iida. Y/n shook his head off the thought, he needed to focus. The reincarnator was about to return to his swinging, when he heard rapid taps against the cement surface almost like someone running.

"Woah..!" Reacting fast enough from the sudden shift in the air, Y/n was able to dodge a kick straight to the head.

"Kero. Even if you are the notorious Black-Mask, I will do my best to stop you in your track." The never-changing calmness of Asui's tone was a definite sign that she was serious.

Both hero-in-training enter their respective battle stances, ready for whatever the other have for each of them.

Y/n started with sending his Quirk straight at Asui, his Dark Whip hurdles at her at high speed. Fortunately for her, she was fast enough to dodge it and lands her counterattack. Jumping off from her foothold, she landed on a cement branch and leaped again towards Y/n, leg raised for a kick.

The new student crosses his arms to block her kick and pushes her away. With nowhere to leap to, Y/n used his Quirk again and latched it at her feet. Turning around, he swung her like a sack of potatoes onto the ground.

"...!" Trust me, the feeling of being thrown around is not fun, you can ask Asui here. But knowing well how to throw people using her long tongue, she used the other part of her Frog Quirk and swung around, saving her from a nasty fall.

Using the momentum, She redirects herself and launches herself at Y/n. Only to find him not where he should be. She frantically looked around to search for any sign of him but to no avail.

"Looking for me!?" Y/n suddenly yelled, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Asui was about to defend herself but was not fast enough and as a result, was bound by Y/n's Dark Whip, and was pinned against the ground after Y/n lowered both of them.

"How did you disappear like that, L/n?" Asui took the chance to ask since she was already defeated. Yesterday's enemy is today's ally after all.

"Hm? Well, my Quirk Dark Whil isn't just a Quirk to swing around you know?" He started, as Dark Whip emerged from his arms and formed some sort of thin layer of canopy. "And luckily, this forest-like environment was dark enough to escape your sight for my sneak attack."

Finishing his explanation, he called back his Quirik and finished up tying Asui onto a tree. "Not too tight, is it?" He patted the capture tape on her. Asui shook her head, silent.

Standing up with a small sigh, he was about to leave when Asui spoke. "Sorry that I was not much of a challange to you, Kero. And I even say all that before we fight, how embarrassing... " She hung her head low, disappointed in herself for not trying harder.

Well, realistically, against any of her classmates, it would be even lucky if she can land a direct hit to one of her classmates. Midoriya was an exception, obviously, with his latebloomer issues and all. But to say that she might have a problem fighting with Mineta was a truth she doesn't like to admit.

"Well, if it were up to me, you put up a good fight. Your instincts are true to the situation, and you helped me figure out new ways to use my Quirk..! That camo trick was on the spot, y'know?"

"Really?"

"Yeah! So, no matter how insignificant you might think you are, you need to remember that everyone is different in their own ways."

Y/n gave a small motivational speech (where tf did that came from?). Thinking about it, Asui nodded, agreeing with him.

"I suppose you're right."

"Well, aren't I?" Y/n remarked with snark, smiling nonetheless. Bidding his adieu, Y/n continue to complete the obstacle course with a remaining of 9 minutes.

Making his way into the parkour course portion of the course, he was quickly met with the blinding yellow of a hair of Kaminari.

Using one of the stone bars of the course, Y/n hopped off of it with tremendous height, thanks to his legs booster. Mid air, he used his quirk at the blonde's direction in hopes to quickly subdue him.

But fortunately for his opponent, it just so happens that Kaminari has quite the reaction time and reflex to aid him in battles.

Dodging the whip barely, he hopped off in the same direction, a few feet away from where Y/n had eventually lands. Cracks were formed from under the h/c-nette, earning squeek of fear from Kaminari.

"Eep! Are you tryna kill me!?"

"Clearly, not. I'm trying to be a hero, y'know..."

Kaminari dumbly let out an 'O' sound, realising an obvious fact.

However so, Y/n took this chance and charged in at him, swinging barrages of punches and kicks at his opponent.

And again, Kaminari was able to barely dodge all of them. "Quite the reflex you got there, Kaminari!!"

The reincarnator complimented, dropping on all fours and swung his leg under Kaminari's. To which the blonde hopped over, and dodged another punch to the gut.

Both Y/n and Kaminari heaved heavily for air, clearly tired from dodging the other's attacks. 'Holy... He actually dodged most of that... I spent 4 minutes just trying to land a hit, but that clearly won't work.' He thought whike heaving for air, glancing down at his watch.

The time shows 5 minutes left till the end of the challenge.

The h/c hair coloured teen grits his teeth, just realising that Kaminari is here to wear him down.

'Whew...! I sure am glad that I followed through with Mr. Aizawa's instruction to not use my Quirk much..!' Kaminari though to himself, relieved. As both teens heaved for air and stared at each other, the blonde from the two was surprised that Y/n charges in again.

Only to tripped over a slightly elevated part of the ground. And then, the words of his honeroom teacher rang in the blonde's mind.

'Wait for an opening when both of you are tired, then and only then use your Quirk at full power.'

And without a moments notice, it was Kaminari's turn to charge at Y/n, jumping and position himself to give Y/n the classic smackdown while also charging up his Quirk.

"Take this! 10 million volts Smackdown!!"

*THWIP!*

But unfortunately for him, Y/n had used his Quirk on his back, shooting out Dark Whip at Kaminari. Covered in black mass, the high discharge of electricity from Kaminari was blocked by Y/n's non-electric-conductive Quirk.

After a few seconds, the sound of the crackling if electricity died down. Y/n released his hold on Kaminari, to reveal the brain fried, dumbface version of Kaminari, walking around aimlessly while punching out thumbs ups.

"Whey...!"

"Damn, what a drawback..." Y/n said with slight pity as he steadies his breath. Looking back at his watch, it shows that he has less than 4 minutes to complete the course.

Hastily tying up the blonde, Y/n took off in a sprint and used his Quirk to swing his way to his final destination.

Skidding slightly to a stop, Y/n's head craned trying to see the top of the tower made of cement. It's almost as tall as the gym's ceiling. Looking down at his watch, Y/n grits his teeth at the remaining time of less than three minutes.

He was about to use his Quirk to slingshot himself up there, but a bunch of white tape suddenly were thrown into his arms, holding it together.

'Binding tape..? No, this must be...' Y/n thought as he looked at the other end of the tape, and saw Sero in his costume, with the white tape out of his elbow.

"C'mon man, I've already got it handed to me in a 1v1 before. Can't you let me have this?" Sero asked, tipping the mask of his costume up to reveal his ever-smiling face.

"Well, I got my while career on the line, so, sorry." Y/n gave him a curt apologies, before black substances began to seep out from his bound arms. Concentrating on a spot, it then shot out at high speed toward Sero, consecutively bursting the tapes on his arm.

"Whoa!!" Sero narrowly dodged Y/n's attack, not noticing Y/n's escape toward the end goal.

"Oh, no you don't...!" Sero exclaimed, shooting his own tape at Y/n's leg to hold him from advancing.

"Tch..!" Clicking his tongue, Y/n pulls out a knife, hidden under his clothes.

Cutting off the tapes, Y/n was able to advance without interruption.

"Wait- you have a knife?!" The tape-slinger yelled, shocked and also left behind.

And in the end, Y/n was able to reach the flag with 10 seconds to spare.

~~~~~~

Back with the whole class, Y/n was allowed to rest for a few minutes before moving on to his next challenge, the 1v1 fight.

"Man, you were so cool, moving around like that! Never thought I'd see 'The' Black Mask in action!!" Kirishima approached the resting ex-vigilante, with stars in his eyes. Midoriya approached as well, a slightly charred notebook in his hands.

"Yeah! Your techniques and the ways you approach your opponents were a bit unusual and unorthodox, but it proved to be useful in actual combat...! Although, there might be a need to improve more on your fighting techniques, more on the martial arts component of it, mumble mumble mumble mumble......"

And then he goes on a ramble session. Y/n only smiled awkwardly when he recived the compliments. Usually, his deeds were not directly complimented, but now having it all directly, he didn't know how to actually be thankful of it.

"Ahaha... Thanks, guys. It was not that great, really..."

"Nonsense..!!" Midoriya was stopped from his rambles to interject him, and went on to ramble some more about his good deeds and the likes.

'Man, is this what's it like to face him actually...? Mad respect to the ones that simped for him..' Y/n made a mental salute to the simps in his original world.

Turning around, his eyss then caught on the figure of his only friend he made since getting reincarnated. Yaoyorozu.

Once noticed, she then suddenly look around everywhere except him. She seemingly wanting to avoid eye contact with him.

So, he approached her.

"So, that hook on a rope was your idea, right?"

Y/n said with a smile. Although, Yaoyorozu knew better to think that.

"Whatever do you mean, dear friend?" Yaoyorozu spoke back with her own smile, but Y/n knew her well enough to know that it was a quite nervous smile.

"Well, when I was fighting Iida, he just so happens to mention that you were the one that gave him the equipment to counter my Quirk. What with that, hm?"

The reincarnator asked, crossing his arms. At this, Yaoyorozu flinches a little for being caught red-handed.

"W-well, it was a payback to when you purposely spooked me with the sudden carrying..!"

"The weekly grocery sale was about to end, no thanks to you insisting we went for coffee first. So I had to."

"It was an unnecessary and illegal course of action!"

"It was fast!"

"Wow... I've never seen Yaoyorozu get into a banter with someone. And I think Jirou was close with her." Uraraka made a comment, as the whole class witnessed the banter between friends.

"That's mean they're close!!" Ashido pipped in, an almost mischievous smile on her lips.

"Alright, if you have this much energy squabbling like a child, then how about onto the next challenge."

Aizawa sternly said, his signature red eyes glaring at the students, specifically at Y/n and Yaoyorozu.

Both of the teens shut up, with Y/n having an awkward chuckle, whereas Yaoyorozu has an embarrassed look on her face, mostly because her composure was broken in front of her classmates.

"Now, as I said before, you'll be fighting a 1v1 spar against one of the three opponent. Choose wisely, whether you fight against Todoroki, Bakugo, or Kirishima."

At the mention of their names,

Todoroki was the least interested that he was chosen as a choice to be fought.

Meanwhile, Bakugo was itching to completely obliterate the so called famous vigilate. Well, all people that did illegal things with their Quirks are Villians in his eyes, so why not Y/n?

And Kirishima was surprised to even be mentioned at all.

"So, who do you want to fight?" Aizawa asked with a creepy smile, like always.

≠===========≠===========≠

Finally! Done!

Hope you like it!

Personally, the fight between our protagonist and the class was slightly underwhelming, but if you guys like it, why fix it if it ain't broken?

So, choose wisely, who do you want to fight against, because the outcome may vary~

Ta ta~

Y/n's Shenanigans✨

Y/n, wearing sunglasses: I don't want to be cool anymore!! *Throws sunglasses*

It then hit the most uneven surface ever been seen, and bounces off directly back on his face.

Y/n: I guess I don't have a choice then

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 6.1K 33
Everything was fine nothing was wrong and I was happy with my life. I still had a grandpa who is loving me and keeping an eye out on me as well as su...
449K 20.9K 51
"what's wrong Kacchan? Your quirk not working the way you want it to..?" Izuku Midoriya, an "average" teen. You'd expect nothing to be wrong with him...
144K 4.9K 21
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎." "𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎." ˜"*...
78.5K 1.8K 14
Hi. I'm Akira Haruno. Well my dad tell allmight to train and yeAh he accepted it. Every people that knows my quirk think of me as a Villain. Thats wh...