The Stripper | Bbangsaz ver.

Galing kay kmnjihallelujah

"Have you ever imagined having two lives? Be two people at the same time? I bet you have. But between thinkin... Higit pa

1 : Two lives
2 : Returning to Seoul
3 : The Stripper
4 : New Presidency
5 : First Day
6: Conversation and More Time Together
7 : The Dance
8 : The Kiss
9 : Losing Control
10 : Le Cafรจ
11 : Sweet illusion
12 : Confusion
13 : Lift, Gift and Conversation
14 : Wicked Games
15 : Unexpected Arrival
16 : Reencounter
18 : A Good Day
19 : One Dance
20 : Returning to Harsh Reality
21: Payback
22 : Lost
23 : Take a Chance
24 : Fuck you all the time
25 : Crossed Paths
26 : Fights and Reconciliation
27 : A New Alliance
28 : A Different Day
29 : Moments
30 : The Discovery
31 : Confrontation
32 : Whirlwind of feelings
33 : Falling into Temptation
34 : Negotiations
35 : Things of the Past
36 : Masquerade Ball

17 : Meeting The Family

1.2K 95 32
Galing kay kmnjihallelujah

Minji's POV

I looked out the small window of the plane that was passing through the clouds, seeing the beautiful view that it provided me with. It had been a while since I felt completely happy about going to my family's house. Saying this to someone would be the same thing as saying that I don't love them, but I do love them, more than anyone can imagine. Life has many twists and turns and sometimes it stops at the wrong time. Since my childhood a lot of things had changed, my foundations, and my safe haven wasn't as strong as it used to be.

I hated to feel weak or fragile, to feel that at any moment I could break down. That was against my nature, but I felt like this now, just like in all the other times that I visited them. But unlike the other times, now someone would help me get out of it.

"You have important meetings on Monday."

I heard Hanni's voice beside me. I turned to look at her, she was beautiful even with a sleepy face. I wasn't even caring about what people would say about me for taking Hanni to my parents' house. She was the perfect way out of that place, but I wasn't with her only for that. Miss Pham in the last few days was my best company, she had a good conversation, and a positive energy. Everything that I needed in my day-to-day life. Maybe with her I was different, I felt more relaxed, as if I knew that she wouldn't hurt me.

"I have? With whom?"

She continued to slide her fingers on the iPad's screen, seeing the commitments in my schedule.

"With some stakeholders from Brazil. They want to know your services."

"Brazil? Wow, that's great!"

"Yes, have you thought? Building a Brazilian branch office?"

"I had never thought of that, but it's a good idea. Let's work hard for them, ok?"

"Don't worry, ma'am.”

Was she never going to lose the habit of calling me 'ma'am'? I stared at the young woman with an accusative look.

"What?"

"Ma'am?"

"I'm sorry, Minji."

I smiled at her, who returned the smile. And then went back to looking at the device in her hands. I didn't understand what Hanni had to make me feel so at ease with her, to make me feel the will to leave aside all of our professional relationship to simply be her friend.

Friend...

Was that really what I wanted from this woman? I looked at her without letting her notice. I stared at her delicate and heavenly features. Hanni was a sweet woman who enchanted even the hardest of hearts, like mine. There was no doubt that she would be the perfect woman to marry and have beautiful children. Children? Oh my God, Minji, you need to chill the fuck out.

"Is everything alright?"

I heard her speak.

"Yes, I was just thinking."

I smiled at the young woman who nodded, and leaned against her seat, closing her eyes. Hanni had such familiar features, I just needed to know with whom.

Hours later we landed at Gimhae airport, and as expected, our car was already waiting to take us to my family's house.

"Have you ever been to Busan?"

"Actually no, I didn't have the opportunity."

"I see that I'll be the opportunity for you to meet many places, Miss Pham."

Hanni smiled shyly, causing me to chuckle.

Hanni's POV

I was feeling kind of embarrassed. Minji and I didn't have so much intimacy to the point of spending a weekend together, I knew that this would be the way for her to escape her weekend in the family. But despite everything I was happy, happy to be in her presence that made me feel so good.

When we got out from the airport we saw the parked car with the driver waiting for us. As soon as the man saw us he picked up our bags and put them inside the car. Minji was serious at every instant, she only joked once, but nothing too much. The way to her house was made in pure silence, it was late already but the streets were still busy. Tourists going from one side to the other with their cameras, excited about everything. I looked at Minji who was quiet, only staring at the landscape through the window. Was she feeling bad? I couldn't understand the reason why visiting her family was so bad like this, she seemed to get along with all of them. Something bothered her a lot, and I'm sure that sharing that with me would be hard.

I was nervous, meeting the Kim family was something that no employee from that company ever did, even though I heard that Kim Taehyung was a kind-hearted person. I had never seen him, only heard of him. For some unknown reason he no longer commanded the branch offices of the company for years.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yes, why?"

"You are very quiet."

"Don't worry, Miss Pham." she smiled.

"We have arrived!"

I took my eyes off Minji, looking at the house, or better, mansion. The Kim's really didn't like to save up on anything when they built their buildings, it was only fair for the biggest real estate company in the country, right? A huge black gate with the letter 'K' opened, giving me the view of the enormous mansion. I was dazzled by all of this.

"Over the top, right?" Minji asked, smiling.

"Yes, but it's amazing. Your parents aren't going to complain? I mean, because I came with you."

"No, Hanni, don't worry. Trust me, my family is very different from what you are imagining right now."

She said laughing, touching with her pointer finger in my head.

"Do you at least know what I'm imagining?"

"I do, you're imagining finding old people dressed in a very formal way, all fancy and arrogant.”

"Wow, you read my thoughts!"

Minji let out a laugh that was wonderful to hear. The man stopped the car, and immediately got out to open the door.

"Welcome, ladies." the man said bowing.

"Thank you."

Minji and I stopped in front of the huge door of the Kim mansion. The woman stared at me, took a deep breath and then said:

"Listen, don't be embarrassed. They will think I have something with you, but I'll make it clear to them that we don't, you don't have to worry, ok?"

I nodded.

"And another thing, we are going to convince them that we'll stay in a hotel and not here. Act naturally, and talk to me." She was talking too fast.

"Ma'am..."

"Everything will be fine, I am sure it will."

"Minji!"

She stopped talking the instant that she heard her name.

"Calm down, I'm here with you."

I spoke calmly looking deep into those green eyes that I loved so much.

"Thank you…”

For a split second that was no longer the dominant Minji that I knew. This one had a worried countenance, her eyes were lighter, nervous. I held her hand tightly, passing her strength for her to be able to face whatever it was that caused her fear or agony. Until the door opened and we let go of our hands quickly, but not quick enough to prevent them from seeing us holding hands.

"Unnie!"

A girl that looked to be around 18 years old hugged her tightly. Throwing herself on Minji's arms with all the longing she felt. She had light brown hair, almost blonde, and she was very pretty.

"I missed you so much, Hyein..."

"I thought you wouldn't come. But I'm very happy that you did!"

The girl said smiling, while she got out from Minji's arms, to then stare at me smiling.

"And you, what's your name?"

"My name is Hanni Pham."

The young girl shook my hand, and kissed my face, very polite.

"Welcome, Hanni, I'm Hyein Kim, let's get in."

If outside Kim's house was amazing, on the inside was much better. It was worthy of a soap opera house, but as weird as it may sound, it had a cozy air, like the perfect family home.

"Mom! Dad! Look who arrived." Hyein shouted as we entered the house, and a woman and a man quickly showed up.

"Sweetie! I'm glad you came!"

The woman approached Minji, hugging her tightly. It was beautiful to see how much Minji's family missed her, that only increased my curiosity to know why Minji didn't like to visit them.

"You look more beautiful every day, baby girl."

Kim Taehyung said while hugging Minji. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, returning the hug with the same intensity.

"I missed you, dad…”

At that moment we all looked at that scene with our heart in hand. I didn't know why, but they had a beautiful connection.

"I missed you too, baby girl!"

Minji smiled, and so did he. Until the man put his eyes on me.

"And you, pretty lady, what's your name?"

I smiled, trying to keep all the cool in the world as I was under his gaze.

"My name is Hanni Pham, Sir."

"Don't call me Sir, it makes me look like an old man. You can call me Taehyung, Hanni!"

"Nice to meet you." I spoke shyly.

"The pleasure is all mine, Minji never brought a girlfriend before!"

Minji and I widened our eyes instantly. I was sure that I blushed violently.

"Dad, Hanni works with me, she's my secretary."

The man stared at Minji as if he didn't believe in absolutely anything.

"I didn't know that that was the name given nowadays. But okay!"

"Taehyung, don't embarrass the girl, please." Minji's mother spoke.

"My name is Kim Jennie, welcome, honey."

"Pleasure, ma'am.”

"You arrived in time for dinner. Let's go?"

Hyein invited. I looked at Minji who nodded. So we all went to the dining room. The house was enormous, on its light walls there were a lot of beautiful paintings, with luxurious and sophisticated furniture, whoever decorated it had good taste.

"Do you like it, Hanni unnie? I mean, the decoration."

Hyein asked, smiling while walking beside me.

"Yes, it's all gorgeous."

"I decorated it myself, every detail."

"You have great taste, Miss Kim."

"Whoa, whoa! Hyein. Not 'Miss Kim', leave these formalities to the old people like my mom and dad."

"I heard that, Hyein!"

Jennie spoke louder ahead.

—-------

We all sat at the table, Taehyung obviously sat at the head like a good family man. On his right side Jennie and Hyein, and on his left side Minji and I. Unlike what I imagined, the table wasn't replete with several types of silverware and crystal glasses. Everything was simple and beautiful.

"How are things in Gangnam, Minji?"

Taehyung asked while he cut into pieces his rare steak.

"Everything is under control, dad, business is going perfectly well. We closed an important contract a few days ago with the construction of six buildings in the northern state."

"That is wonderful! Six? I'm so proud! It hasn't even been a year since I put you in the presidency."

Minji smiled.

"Miss Pham was a big help, she put me on top of all the affairs of Kim's Industry in just a few days."

I blushed immediately, why did Minji have to talk of me like this? And here? I felt Taehyung's eyes on me, as if he was analyzing me.

"That's wonderful, Miss Pham, that means you know the company very well, yes?"

"Like the back of her hand, dad. This woman knows everything!"

"Oh no, I only know because I'm the presidency's secretary."

"I like to work with people like this, they always rise in life."

"Are you really going to talk about work?"

Hyein grumbled from the other side, making Taehyung and Minji laugh.

"Where is Beomgyu?"

"He didn't show up here today, he went out last night. He's probably at his girlfriend's house." Jennie spoke.

"Your brother doesn't change. Yesterday I caught him in high school fighting with a classmate.”

Taehyung grumbled while he ate. I felt Minji become serious, without moving a muscle. I looked at Jennie and Hyein who at the same instant stood quiet.

"Honey, Beomgyu is not a kid anymore. He's not even in high school anymore."

Jennie spoke while caressing her husband's hand that was looking at her confused.

"Are you sure? I went to pick him up from high school yesterday."

"I am, baby, Beomgyu is already 23 years old.”

I was a bit lost, how come he didn't know about his son? And why was Minji so uncomfortable?

"23? Already? We are old, honey!" Taehyung spoke laughing.

Minji quickly stood up from the table, scaring all of us.

"I'm going to the bathroom!" she said leaving.

I looked at Hyein and Jennie who had a sad look and Taehyung was tranquil. I knew that Minji hadn't gone to the bathroom, so I thought about going after her and helping her, but I wasn't sure if that was what she needed.

"So, Hanni, you are Minji's secretary?"

"Yes, I'm her new secretary."

"She's too annoying, right? Too bossy!" Hyein said laughing.

"Not really, until now Minji and I get along very well."

"You make a beautiful couple too!"

"Taehyung, honey!"

"What? I'm just telling the truth. Tell me child, where are you from?"

The man asked politely.

"I was born in Australia, and came to Seoul with my family."

"Wow, a Kiwi! I knew that beauty was familiar! We are also from Australia, you know? And we moved to Seoul as well."

"Of that I really didn't know."

"Don't worry, you'll know a lot of things until you leave.”

Dinner went peacefully after that little situation, that until now I hadn't understood. Minji returned to the table, quieter than before, her discomfort was noticeable. But Jennie and Hyein at all instants made us feel completely at home. After dinner we all sat on the living room's couch in an entertaining conversation. Hyein was a very intelligent and communicative girl, she had mature and interesting ideas. Jennie was very calm, down to earth, and at every instant she was taking care of Taehyung, who by the way was watching a basketball game on TV.

"Sunday we'll make dad's birthday party!"

"What? Party? Really?"

Minji grumbled in a bad mood.

"Yes, we'll make a more intimate dinner that you and Hanni are required to come!"

"Hyein, we are not in a party mood!"

"Minji, stop. Try to understand that life goes on. He's fine, you need to be too."

"You don't understand, and never will understand, young lady!"

The two sisters were arguing in front of me until Minji stared at me coldly. I knew that her anger wasn't towards me, but that look gave me chills.

"Let's go to a hotel now."

I just nodded and Minji walked away.

"No, stay here, Hanni unnie."

"I'm sorry, Hyein, but I have to go with your sister."

"Relax, she'll stay too. Unnie is just going through a difficult problem, you know? She doesn't accept our father's disease.”

Hyein spoke sadly, staring at her sister from across the room.

"Disease?"

"Yes, we found out a while ago that he has Alzheimer's. And due to that, the doctor advised him to leave work. It was hard for everyone, but for Minji it was worse, she always had him as her role model. And to know that this disease is only going to get worse, leaves her like this, fragile.”

Now everything had been explained, since our day at the 'Le Café' I noticed that Minji spoke of her father with so much pride. She had him as the best of all, and he really seemed to be. Kim Taehyung, besides being a great businessman, seemed to be a great father. Unlike mine of course. But I understood the reason why she avoided being with them, maybe it was healthier for Minji's mind to keep the image of Taehyung as he was before, and not like he was now. Maybe tonight she really needed to be away from this house.

"That's really very hard."

"Yes, the first months were very complicated. Dad didn't accept in any way, he said that he had a big job to fulfil with our company and its branch offices. My brother Beomgyu never had the vocation to be a businessman, you know? It was when Minji, after all the heartbreak, decided to be the new almighty and command everything."

"You are fine with it? With her commanding everything?" I asked curiously.

"Yes, she's the best person for the job. Minji is like the feminine and prettier version of my dad."

Hyein laughed weakly.

"But she's very sad about it all, and she hasn't been able to get over it. Family reunions are always like this. Tense."

"I imagine, I have never seen her like this before. She's always so strong and reserved."

"Yes, but she let her guard down with you, right?"

"What?"

I looked at her confused, making her smile shyly.

"She's more open with you than she has ever been with anyone else that's not family."

"Me? No, Hyein, Minji is my boss. I don't meddle in her private business."

I quickly spoke.

"Hanni, Minji never ever brought a woman here before. Not girlfriends, nor secretaries and neither her ex fiancée."

"Never?”

"Never! Minji learned from my dad to never mix personal life with work. I don't know what came over her to bring you here, let's say that she doesn't let anyone from the outside enter her personal life."

The girl whispered. I don't know what Minji would think of Hyein telling me all of her weaknesses at that moment, but surely she wouldn't like it. I stared at the woman who talked in a low tone with her father who was sitting on his soft armchair and seemed to be having fun watching a game. She stared at him, analyzing every detail. It was touching the way she looked at him.

"I'm going now, daddy."

"No, sweetie, stay here in our house. This is your house too, and I bet that Miss Pham wants to stay, right?"

"We already booked a hotel."

"Well, cancel the reservation. Pietro already put the bags in each room with my orders, and you are staying." the man spoke and decided. Minji didn't say anything, just smiled weakly.

"Right, I'll stay then, Mr. Kim."

"Great! I'm still in charge here, young lady."

"I know you are, dad."

Minji got up and walked towards me, taking me to one of the house's balconies, which was facing the sea. The night was beautiful, the waves clashed violently in the middle of the darkness. We stood quiet for a few seconds, only listening to the sound of the sea, when I decided to speak.

"If you want I can go to a hotel."

"Don't even think about it, if I'm staying, you're staying with me."

"I don't want to disturb you."

"Please, Hanni, stay. If you want I won't stop you, but I'm asking you to stay with me."

"Minji…”

I looked deep into her eyes, and they had a different brightness from the normal. They weren't proud or happy, they were sad.

"I'll stay, ok? I'll stay here until the day you need me to."

"Thank you, and I'm sorry. I know that I'm being annoying, but it's just that they..."

"They are wonderful, ma'am, your family is beautiful, you shouldn't stay like this."

“You don't understand, Pham."

Minji spoke, turning her gaze away from mine.

"Maybe I don't understand, but if you need me I'll be here."

I said in the most sincere way that I could. Minji stared at me again, staying in pure silence.

"Can I ask you something?"

That question made my heart race just by hearing it.

"Of course, you can."

"Give me a hug, Hanni?”

I could melt with that simple request. She wanted my hug, only mine. I took a deep breath, trying to make my heart calm down inside my chest. I didn't say anything, I just approached her slowly, until I felt her arms wrap around me tightly. In that moment a kind of comforting relief took over me. Minji had such a good hug, it could make you completely forget the outside world. I closed my eyes, trying to prolong that moment the maximum as possible. It was a situation that I knew wouldn't happen frequently, because at that moment Minji was fragile and in need of a shoulder to lean on. Unlike our day-to-day, where I only saw the strong and dominant woman who attracted me so much.

I felt her paced breath against me, her warm body wrapping me tenderly. Why did she have to be so marvellous? Why did she have to make me like her even more? If it wasn't exactly with me that she wanted to have something. I tried to stop thinking and just enjoy that moment, until I heard her damn phone ringing.

Minji let me go, and then took out her phone from her pocket. She stared at me with a shy smile and then answered it, putting the call on speaker mode:

"Where are you, bitch? I knocked on your door and you are not here."

I let out an amused laugh.

"I told you that I was coming to my parents' house in LA, remember?"

"That's true, I had forgotten. You could've remembered me." Ryujin spoke pretending to be angry.

"How would I know that you have memory problems, Shin?"

"I don't, okay? I have really good memories!"

"Only if it's from your dates with all those women."

Minji spoke laughing on the phone. I just looked at that funny situation between them, laughing every now and then.

"Who is laughing there? You are with someone, aren't you? You're sneaky!"

Minji laughed out loud to then answer:

"Shut up, idiot, I am a decent person. Miss Pham is here with me."

"What are you doing with my woman in your parents' house? Don't covet!"

I blushed violently, and Minji held me in a laugh.

"Ryu, maybe I have forgotten to tell you that the phone is on speaker mode."

"You are really a bitch! Hi, Hanni, don't mind Minji, Ok? She's crazy. Don't fall for her harassment."

"Hello, Miss Shin." that was all I said.

"Your voice is beautiful even on the phone, Jesus Hanni, I'm going to marry you."

"You are not going to marry Miss Pham, Ryujin, I wouldn't let that happen."

"You don't have to meddle, Kim. And don't even fall in love with her, I saw her first!"

In that instant Minji and I looked at each other, and for the first time I saw the woman blush. She cleared her throat a few times to pull herself together.

"Are you already sleepy or drunk? We'll talk later, ok? Bye, Shin."

"Lots of kisses, hottie. And this wasn't for you, Minji."

The call ended and Minji put the phone back in her pocket, still embarrassed with what Ryujin had spoken.

"Just ignore her, ok? I think you were able to realize by now that Ryujin is not right in the head."

"Relax. Everything is okay."

"Ok, I'm going to take you to your room then.”

I only nodded. Minji led me up the stairs to the huge corridor of the Kim mansion until the bedroom where I would stay. We stopped in front of the door in pure silence.

"If you need anything just call me, ok? Thank you again for coming with me, Hanni."

"I already said you don't need to thank me, I'm glad to have come."

Minji smiled.

"I'm glad you came with me."

"Great then, I promise to try to make your weekend better."

"I don't doubt that, good night, Hanni."

"Good Night, ma'a... I mean, Minji."

Minji smiled and walked away, letting me look at her until disappear in that vast corridor. Today had been totally different, there was no company, there was no Scarlet. There was only Minji and Hanni, and wherever this would lead, I would go until the end. I would make her approach me, but the real me.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

19.8K 886 17
In a school full of attractive people, Minji suddenly find herself choosing between 2 girls. Hanni and Haerin. Who will she choose? A love triangle b...
11.5K 754 17
A woman who commits a heinous act thats takes years to discovers that she has a daughter and decided to take responsibility for both the mother and t...
133K 7.1K 51
"The whole idea was a mess, in fact it was stupid. To get married with someone who's practically a stranger to me was already an absurd concept. But...
27.3K 1.8K 28
I love you, even when you're only a hope. :3 Remember to separate fiction from reality ! This one is the sequel of HOME. I hope you all will enjoy t...