Nothing Like Us (L.H.)

Від penguinlukex

"You know how, when things start to fall into place, there comes this big bowling ball to disarrange them aga... Більше

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17..
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter *
A/N
SEQUEL

Chapter 35.

185 6 9
Від penguinlukex

Can i just say.. the way you guys dont like Nick is making me laugh. Thank you all. Hahahaha xxxx but he's kinda important sooo... yeah

P.S.

This chapter is set to be long-term so the change of things might be quick but I'll try to not make it confusing lol. Ilysm.

This is two months after the last chapter.

.

Finally, it's the last day of the school year, and I could finally enjoy summer. Everyone has plans. Except for me. Guess I'm gonna be lonely again.

Melissa is going with Michael for their tour here in the U.S. so she gets to travel. It sucks to think that I could also come, if only things were better. If only. Luke and I haven't talked for a couple of months now. The last time he texted me was the day after I told him that I went to the concert. And all he said was he's going out to buy lunch and if I want to come. And then he immediately texted after that it was a wrong send. I didn't know whether I should laugh or cry after that. Luckily, after a whole month without a sign from him, I guess I have been able to get a grip on myself and slowly move on.

Anyway, Andy was planning on taking summer cooking classes at a somewhere near his home. He said his mum and grandma are planning on doing a DIY renovation of the front porch. So he decided to stay close. Their front porch looked fine to me. But they decided it's been like that for decades and it's time for change. Well, okay then.

Today, I'm meeting Lou before heading to school. Since it's our last day, she needs to know what I've accomplished and learned this year. So, I'm here waiting for her at a coffee shop near the school.

She arrived 5 minutes earlier than our agreed time, so she was a bit surprised to find me already here. I already ordered her the usual coffee she orders.

"You're early." She said, taking a seat. "And you look gorgeous, as usual. Is this for me?" She picked up the cup of coffee and smelled it.

I smiled, "You too. And yeah, I ordered your usual favorite."

"Ohhh that smells nice. So, what's up?" Lou asked. "You just have one more year ahead and you can go do whatever shit you want."

I laughed. "Yeah. Oh my God. I can't believe it."

"Believe it. I know you've been doing well in all your classes, so you can't fail." Lou winked.

I just shrugged.

"And I'm sure you've learned things you're supposed to learn, so let's put aside all that business." She took a sip of her coffee. "I want to know what's been going on with your life."

"I'm doing fine." I said, and I realized I'm not lying. "I'm excited for vacation! First summer in L.A. Wow. I'm stoked."

Lou nodded. "Yeah. Surfing and swimming and sun bathing. Summers are best here."

"They are" I agreed.

"Don't you plan to come with 5SOS on tour? I heard your friend is coming." Lou said. "Michael told me all excitedly that he was bringing his girlfriend."

I bit my lip awkwardly and looked down. "Uhh, yeah. I don't think it would be a nice idea, since... you know."

Lou gasped, as if she just figured out. "Oh shit. I'm so sorry! I forgot."

"It's okay." I forced a smile.

"God, it just didn't seem like you two would ever break up. The last time I went here, Luke visited you for your birthday. He looked really excited and nervous. Like he can't stop fidgeting and he was all giddy." She said.

I laughed. "Yeah..."

"How long was it since you two broke up?"

"Nearly two months now." I sighed. It felt like more than two months. It felt like two years. Somehow, it seems like it's longer because the memory was so distant and the wound was slowly closing, so there's not much pain to remind me of it. But I don't know what would happen if I see him again.

Lou bit her lip. "Damn. And how long have you two been together?"

"Eight months." I said. "It was so close to being a year."

"Well, do you still love him?" Lou asked. "Did you?"

I looked at her, and I saw that she was looking at me the same way everyone does when I talk about Luke. Like I'm some sad little orphan whose favorite doll just got stolen.

"I did." I said quietly. "I still do... You can't just unlove him. But I'm moving on."

She pursed her lips. "Well, I'm glad. I don't really know what happened. But you two looked really happy. Something big must have gotten in the way."

"Oh yeah." I found myself staring at nothing. "Something big, indeed. I tried to push it away, but I can't. It's too much."

Lou didn't say anything, so I continued.

"There was a time, though, when I was so close to letting him back in my life. I forgave him and everything. But then I looked at him and I saw what he did again, and I just.. I can't do it." I exhaled. "If only I could look past that one mistake, it would be alright."

Lou was silent again but she appears to be thinking. After a while, she finally said, "You two are still young. There are a lot of things in stored for you. There are more people you are bound to meet. Maybe you loved each other but that was just the end of it. Or maybe not. If your souls are tied together, you won't be able to help it. You'll get back to him, like how it's supposed to be. But in the mean time, I think you should just go out there and enjoy yourself."

I nodded. "Yeah. Let it be..."

"Let it be. Exactly." Lou smiled.

After a while, we managed to smoothly change the topic and we didn't dare come close to the topic of break ups and moving on again. I guess we're just not used to each other talking about deep stuffs. Yeah, she's my mentor. She's all about giving advice and shit. But Lou is more of a friend. And she teaches me a lot of things by just doing what she's doing. And I like to keep it that way.

.

3:45 PM

Andy, Melissa, and I were on different classes but we were all dismissed at the same time. The boys would be leaving tomorrow morning, so Melissa would be gone soon. And so, we have to just go have a movie night together.

After school, we all hang out at Melissa's flat. We ordered pizza and had coke because we hated the taste of beer (except for Andy). We put on our favorite movie. Yes, it's Mean Girls. We've watched it together for five times and here we are, watching it once more.

"I am soooo gonna miss you guys." Melissa said. "Be sure to go on skype so I could still see your pretty faces."

"You're going to different timezones." Andy said, pouting. "And I've been staying in the same damn timezone for 19, almost 20 years. God."

I laughed. "Well, at least, I lived in two."

Andy rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry." I said. "If anything, jetlag will surely annoy Melissa. Imagine if she's on some part of the world and we send her phone vibrating at 3AM."

Andy sits up and laughed. "And we'd call her at midnight to hear her and Michael doing the naughty."

"HEY!!!" Melissa protested. "Stop it. Jesus."

Andy and I just laughed.

"No, but seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do here? You guys are away and I don't have much friends." I pouted. I've been thinking of it ever since I learned about Melissa and Andy having plans for summer.

Melissa shrugged. "Well, you could always come with us on tour."

"Yeah, cause that won't be the awkwardest thing ever." I said sarcastically.

"Why? Haven't you moved on yet?" Melissa teased.

"I have." I said quietly, not quite convinced. But it's what I've been telling people lately. And there's a belief that if you keep on saying things, you'll eventually start to believe them.

"So what's the dealio?" Andy said.

I shook my head. "Nothing. It's just... it's hard to explain."

"Yeah, whatever." Melissa muttered. She doesn't believe I have moved on and she keeps on asking and asking me things about Luke. She's like the friend who keeps on making things with Luke and I mean more than it should. Like this one time, she went over the 5SOS house for breakfast and then Calum asked her about me, and Luke suddenly asked to pass the cereal. And Melissa said it was because he was tryna' change the topic.

"You could hang out with Nick." Andy suggested. "I mean, he's up for anything... especially when you're up for it. But God, can you guys go out and stop watching movies together?"

"Nick might be busy. I don't know." I said. "I'll figure it out."

"I'll only be away for a month. So I guess you could hang out with him while waiting for me." Melissa said.

I laughed. "That sounds desperate."

"You could go over to our house anytime. My mum and grandma misses you two. So it'd be nice to have you over. But I don't think they know about your breakup. They both ship you and Luke so hard. God." Andy said.

"Yeah..." I sighed. "Thanks, guys. Don't worry about me. There are a lot of things to do in L.A. so you guys just have fun and stuff."

They nodded.

After a while, we forgot about Melissa leaving tomorrow. We watched two more movies, while playing 20 questions. Andy asks the silliest questions, as usual. After watching, Melissa cranked up some tunes and we danced and shouted out lyrics and just looked all crazy. Melissa's flat was a mess. Her neighbor knocked and complained about all the noise so we finally had to stop. And when we stopped, we all dropped on the couch laughing. Until, we all accidentally fell asleep.

.

Next morning

"Oh fuck." I heard someone groan. I opened my eyes, and was suddenly aware of my back aching. My surroundings were familiar but weird, because this isn't my room. It took me a moment to remember what we all did last night. I can't help but laugh.

Melissa was already up. "Ohmygod. My flat is hell."

"What the fuck," I laughed.

Melissa looked at me. "Sydny, help me out! Michael will pick me up in an hour."

Andy started to stir. I got up slowly and painfully. We all managed to sleep at the couch all night without changing positions. So, yay, we have body ache.

"My back hurts." I groaned as I picked up all the trash on the floor. "God, why did none of us wake up to wake up the others?"

Melissa was going all around. She has been fixing her stuff for a week now. So all she had to do was clean her flat, since no one will be occupying this space for a month.

Andy headed to the bathroom first thing. He offered to make breakfast, but unfortunately, Melissa didn't shop for supplies so she won't worry about them expiring while she's gone. Too bad.

We started helping Melissa clean our mess. 20 minutes after, I found 3 nickels under her couch.

"One lucky coin for each of us." I said, handing them one each. "Happy summer!"

"Awww.." They both said, and we did a group hug. "I'm gonna' miss you guys." Melissa said, pulling back.

"Same." Andy said.

"Yeah, me too." I laughed. "Just bring me home souvenirs."

Melissa laughed. She was about to say something when the door opened and Michael walked in. He looked at us awkwardly, as if he wasn't expecting all of us here.

"Goodmorning Mikey." Melissa said, walking over to him, and giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

Andy grinned. My eyes involuntarily looked away.

"Morning, babe." Michael said softly, then he turned to us. "Hey, guys."

"Hey." I smiled.

"You sure you don't wanna come on tour?" Michael asked. He moves around Melissa's flat like he lives here too. Well, he might as well be living here.

I shook my head. "Stop making me go. I don't want to." I said.

Andy laughed. "She said she's moved on."

"I say nah." Melissa said loudly from her bedroom. She went to retrieve her bags.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, guys. You just don't understand."

Michael scrunched his nose and shrugged. "Luke is trying so hard to avoid talking about you. Like when we all talk about Mel and you come up in the conversation, he would just stay silent like he wasn't listening. It's kinda funny."

I let out a weak laugh. I didn't reply to what he said. So there was a total awkward silence afterwards. I bit my lip and just stared at the floor, thinking of ways to spice up my summer.

After a while, Andy spoke up. "I have to go. Sydny, you coming?"

I nodded.

Melissa whined. "You won't be able to see me leave." She pouted.

"It's okay. I suck at goodbyes." Andy shrugged. "Michael will take good care of you."

"Of course." Michael smiled.

"Aww. So I guess I'll see you guys in a month." Melissa said. "I'm gonna' miss you both."

We did another group hug.

"Keep safe in the tour." I said, then I turned to Michael. "If she calls to us crying about you, I'm gonna fly to where you are and slap your head off."

Michael laughed nervously. "No need. I know how to treat my girl right."

'My girl.' Aw. These two are too cute.

"Good." Andy said. "So, yeah. No one will say goodbye."

Melissa and I agreed. And instead of goodbye, we said see you. Andy and I left. As I was closing the door, I saw Michael pulling Melissa in for a kiss, almost impatiently. I wonder if they already did the thing, but let's leave it at that.

"So," Andy said. "I hope you find something worthwhile during summer."

Andy leaves the day after tomorrow, because his class starts the day after that. So I'll be alone pretty soon. But unlike Melissa, I think he'll be staying there for more than a month.

I sighed and groaned. "Damn. I hope so too."

.

.
.

I made it through a week of summer without dying of boredom. So now, without Melissa and Andy, all there was to hang out with was Nick. Not that I'm complaining. He's a pretty good company, but I miss my girls.

Right now, I was at the record shop he was working at. There was a disturbingly huge poster of 5SOS hanging on the wall, together with other bands and recording artists. The shop wasn't so big, but there are a lot of things to see.

Nick was arranging the stacks of CDs meant for children, and he intentionally makes short comments about each one.

"Baymax is probably the most adorable tough robot superhero of all time, and I don't care if my sentence is structurally wrong." Nick said, neatly stacking the Big Hero 6 DVD along with the others.

I laughed. Partly because, the way he said it was funny. Partly because it was true. Partly because I remember Luke said almost the same thing when we were watching Big Hero 6 back at my flat. After the movie, he had hangover and he keeps on popping up Baymax into out conversations.

There were only a few people in the store, and all of them were minding their own businesses.

"They don't really always buy the CDs. They just look at the synopsis and then they'll download them on Netflix anyway." Nick said. "What mostly sells here are the albums. Mostly the pop ones."

I listen to him babble about his work for hours, and I sort of find it adorable. The way he talks with his eyebrow scrunching and everything.

"What time do you finish?" I asked.

"Just 30 minutes more." Nick answered. "Why? You up for anything?"

"I don't really know what I'm up to. I just want to do something." I said.

"We could... get ice creams?" Nick grinned. He likes ice creams a lot. And since it was pretty hot today, I could use some too.

"Yes, please." I said. "Then let's go home and be comfy because I feel lazy after eating ice cream."

"Your apartment or mine?" Nick asked. I have been to his apartment once. He shared it with a guy called Dan, who sits at in front of his computer all day.

"Mine?"

"Okay." He said. "Then what do we do?"

"I don't feel like watching a movie." I said.

Nick shrugged. "We'll figure it out."

.

In the end, Nick and I just bought a huge tub of ice cream and headed back to my flat. We ate directly from the tub with separate spoons, and we just stayed in comfortable silence like that, occasionally saying weird things to each other.

I took a random photo of us so I could have more stuffs to post on my wall. I uploaded it on IG and tagged Nick and all that. This is about my 3rd photo wih him in it, and the 5SOS fans keep on asking about who's this guy and where's Luke and all that stuff.

"You should seriously do something this summer." Nick said. "Don't waste your time hanging out with idiots like me on a record shop."

"Hey, I like watching you work." I said. "Especially when there are girls who are trying to flirt with you."

"Yeah, but you can do more stuffs than watch me fail flirting." He said and I laughed.

"I don't really know what I could do alone. Besides, I like hanging out with you."

Nick smiled. "That's good to hear. I thought you were just sticking around because your friends are away." He said, jokingly.

"You're my friend too." I rolled my eyes at him.

He just smiled and look down. Then everything was quiet for a bit. Nick said he didn't want any more ice creams and I didn't want more too, so I put the tub in my freezer.

When I came back to the living room, Nick was on his phone.

"Wow. These people commenting on your IG seems like they're still looking for you and Luke." Nick said, scrolling through his phone.

I shrugged. "I used to post photos with him, so yeah."

"They don't know that you two have broken up?" Nick asked.

I sighed internally. Move on, I thought to myself. Even after all this time, it still kind of hurts to hear those words. But everytime, it gets less and less-- or so I thought, at least. And all I could do is hope that someday I won't be lying to myself when I say I've gotten over him.

"We don't really tell the world we're single already." I said.

Nick was still on his phone. "You two take some weird ass photos together."

I laughed. "Yeah. I don't like posting sweet and cute stuff. I feel like those are personal moments that I want to keep for myself."

Nick looked at me like he was trying to read me. I just smiled and tried to hide all the things that my eyes are showing.

This is the part where I get flashbacks of those said moments that I'm talking about. They're still not over me, but I want it so bad to stop thinking about them and to not feel something while they're lurking in my mind.

Nick exhaled and put his phone away. He stood up from the couch, and I did too.

"I think I'm going home." He said.

"Why? It's too early." I said.

He run his fingers through his hair. "I'm kinda' tired. But I'll see you tomorrow."

"You promise?"

"Yeah, of course." He smiled, but I could tell it was taking him some effort.

He started walking away, but before he reached the door, I blocked it. Nick jumped back, looking startled.

"Are you alright?" I asked. "If something's bothering you, we could talk about it. You can't tell me anything."

"I'm fine, Sydny. Don't worry about me." He reached for the door knob, but I blocked it with my hands. He glared at me, but the look of warning in his eyes receded when he realized how close our faces were to each other.

I suck in a breath involuntarily. I looked at his blue eyes, feeling a sudden longing for something else.

"You're very beautiful." Nick said softly. "If I was your ex, I would never ever have given up on you."

Has Luke given up on me already? Yeah. Probably.

His eyes fluttered down to my lips. He drew his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes. I don't know why I did. But the feeling I was anticipating in my lips wasn't there. Instead, Nick kissed me in my forehead lightly.

"Goodnight, Sydny." He said. He reached for the doorknob, and this time, I didn't object.

When he was gone, I went to my room and sat there for a long time just staring at nothing. I can't think straight, and I don't understand why.

I don't feel all happy and giddy. I'm confused. Nick makes me feel wonderful, and he keeps my mind off things. And he makes me laugh and smile and he's always there when I need him. I don't know. God, this is so confusing. I can't possibly like him already since I'm clearly moving on from my past. But it feels that way. It didn't feel like how Luke made me feel. That was out of this world. But this was somehing new. And I don't know what to do with it.

I groaned, and buried my head in my pillow, hoping all shit would be better soon.

.

.

Next day.

Before Melissa and Andy left, I asked them about stuffs I could do this summer. We did research and everything and it was pretty interesting what comes out. They tried to push me to paint, since I'm kinda' good at it. And since I'm totally bored today, guess I'll be doing just that. *sigh*

I took out my materials from school. There weren't really a lot but I'm too lazy to go out. I'm just in my joggers and an oversized t-shirt that I think might have been Luke's but I don't remember. It doesn't smell like his cologne, so it's probably mine.

After a while, I found myself just staring at my sketchpad. I don't have anything to paint. I'm all empty.

I opened my laptop, trying to find some inspirations online. Like quotes or stories that would make me feel things. I have always liked quotes, but I suck at hand lettering so I can't write them down stylishly on paper like other people do. And I also suck at remembering them.

I was going through some heartfelt quotes. Some were about love, most were about heartbreak. And I found this one quote that struck me more than I ever wanted it to.

"Some mornings still feel like the night before;
I'm still waiting for the day I don't miss you anymore."

~Niocra Kladsflem

I suck in a breath. It felt like a slap in the face. It's one of those moments when you don't know that something is going on about you until something else gives you an obvious clue. That quote spoke to me in such a way that I didn't know was possible. I saw him in it. I saw Luke in my thoughts as I read it.

I bit my lip and was about to close my laptop when my Skype started to show a request for a video call. It was from Melissa. I forgot that we were supposed to have a group video chat today.

I accepted the request.

I don't know where Melissa is right now, but it looked like it was still early. Andy was not in his screen.

"SYDNYYY!!" Melissa screamed. "Wow. Lazy day for you, huh."

I shrugged. "I have nothing to do. Where's Andy??"

"He just went out for a pee." Melissa said. "So how are you?"

"Fine, except for the fact that I'm seriously bored." I said. "But not always. Just most of the time."

Melissa laughed. "I thought you're hanging out with Nick? What, is he boring?"

I shook my head. "No. He's actually fun to be with. It's just that when he's at work, I don't know what the fuck to do."

Melissa laughed. And suddenly, Andy was back.

"Oh hey there Sydny Elizabeth. What's so funny?" He said.

"She's bored to death." Melissa said. "Have you been painting like we told you to?"

I grinned. "I was actually just about to do that when you sent me the request. I was just looking for inspiration online." Should I tell them about the quote? Nope. Probably not.

"And what inspiration are you looking for?! Isn't all your boredom enough to find anything interesting?" Andy said.

I rolled my eyes at him. "No. It has to come from within."

"Since when did you become 50 years old?" Melissa laughed. "God, it's bad to leave you all by yourself."

I sighed. I was about to argue when my door opened. Nick was carrying a bag of food.... well, at least I hope it's food.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming." I said to him.

He looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry I didn't knock. The food was hot. And I texted you, saying I'm coming over with food."

Hell yeah. It's food.

"Oh." I bit my lip. "My phone's charging. I'm sorry. Just put those at the table."

Nick went to the kitchen. I turned back to my laptop.

"Was that Nick?"

I nodded. "He brought food, thank God."

"His voice is really hot. I swear to God." Melissa said.

Nick came back a few moments later. "Who are you talking to?"

"Melissa and Andy. Come say hi." I said, making some space for him in the couch.

"Hey guys." Nick smiled. "Sydny misses you."

"Yeah, they know that already." I laughed.

Melissa and Andy were smirking.

"How are you Nick?" Andy asked.

"Um, good. All I do is work and hang out with Sydny nowadays." He said, looking at me.

"Awww." Melissa said. "You two look so cuddly together."

"What, no. Stop. Since when did you use cuddly to describe two people?" I frowned.

Melissa just stuck her tongue out at me. Nick laughed.

"Speaking of cuddly, how are you and Michael?" Andy asked.

"We're great. It's so damn hard to sleep in his bunk. Like we're so crammed up together, but I personally think it's sweet." She's blushing. Oh God. Suddenly, Melissa looks up from her screen. She was talking to someone.

When she turned back to us, Melissa said, "Michael's here."

Michael sat and waved at the screen. "Hiiiii. Oh, who's that with Sydny?"

"That's Nick. Don't be rude." Melissa scolded. Andy laughed.

Michael looked at her and muttered something. Then he turned back to the screen. "Hey, bro."

"Hey." Nick smiled in that smug kind of way that guys use on guys.

"How can you keep up with all these girl talk?!" Michael asked, suddenly.

"Oh shut up, Mikey. Don't mind us here." Melissa slapped Michael in the arm, which just made him laugh.

"Fine. But I'll just stay here and wait for you." He said. "We're going to lunch soon."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Melissa said.

I laughed at them. "Aw, Melissa's pissed at Michael." I fake pouted.

"God, it's like that most of the time. Only they rarely ever fight seriously." Andy said.

Melissa just shrugged.

"Where are you guys, anyway?" I asked.

"I'm at my room, as you can see." Andy said, showing off his room. I miss his room. I miss all its awesomeness.

"I'm at Michael's hotel room. Well, actually it's him and Luke's, but Luke transferred to the other one, cause.. it would've been awkward." Melissa said.

"Oh." I said, my mind trying to come up with a new topic to go away from talking about Luke. "Are you still in California?"

Melissa shook her head. I could feel Nick looking at me. "We're in.. wait. Where are we, Michael?"

"Illinois." Michael muttered. He was busy on his phone.

"Right. Illinois." Melissa repeated. "Not much of timezone difference. Just about two hours advanced from L.A."

"Still a different one." Andy said. "God, I can't wait to travel. I've heard a news that next year, we would be sent to different countries for a research on our final project."

"Really?!" I asked. "That's huge."

"I don't know if it's true." Andy said.

"I hope it is." Melissa said excitedly.

"If it is, I hope to go somewhere in Europe again." I said. "Our London experience was great."

"Including traffic, and late arrival at concerts, and failed suprises." Andy noted. "Really great."

"I was talking about the things apart from that." I said.

"What happened in London?" Nick asked. I glared at him. He mouthed "Oh." and didn't continue talking.

"It was nice, I think. London is pretty. I wanna go back there soon." Melissa said.

"Me too." I said. London was nice. Even everything Andy just mentioned was nice, if you think about it. It may have been the first time that I got a hint of Luke and Madison, but everything Luke and I did afterwards was amazing. Even if we got lost, we had fun together. It was one of the last fun moments we had, so I had to keep it and store it on the "fun folder".

"Oh god. Mom's calling me up for lunch." Andy said. Then he shouted, "I'm talking to the girls, mom. I'll be up in a minute."

"I think you should go up." I said laughing. "I miss your mum and your grandmum."

"Aw, me too." Melissa said. "We should arrange a meeting when I get back."

"Yes, please." I agreed.

Before anyone could say something else, there was someone else talking on Melissa's side of the call.

"Hey, guys. We're all heading down for lunch. You coming?" The voice grew louder and louder. I saw the figure behind Melissa walking closer and closer. I froze.

"Yeah. We're going in a minute." Michael said. "Mel was just talking to some friends."

"You wanna say hi?" Melissa asked.

No, fuck. No. I thought.

"Sure." He lowered down so he could see the camera. "Hey guys."

"Oh, hi Luke." Andy said casually.

"Hi Luke." I smiled.

"Hey." He said again. "Hey, bro."

It took me a moment to realize that he was talking to Nick.

"Hey." Nick said casually.

"How are you?" Luke asked. No one answered for quite some time.

"I'm good. You?" I answered, because I felt like it was directed to me or I'm only assuming. Who cares?

"I'm alright... I guess." He laughed lightly. "I see you're wearing my shirt. I didn't know I left it there."

Oh. Well would you look at that... I just laughed to ease the tension. "I knew it was yours. But I wasn't sure because it didn't smell like it was yours. I must have put it in the wash."

Luke just smiled. But Michael was laughing in the background. "I bet it smelled like shit." He said.

"Shut up." Luke grumbled.

Melissa groaned loudy. "We're going now. Bye guys. Let's do this some other time."

"Yeah. I'm going now too." Andy said. "Bye girls."

"Bye guys. Have fun." I said.

"Bye." Nick smiled.

We all ended the call. I closed my laptop.

"So.." I turned to Nick. "Shall we go eat the food your brought or what?"

He smiled and took my hand. It felt weird and nice at the same time. "Come on." He led me to my own kitchen (which is also weird). Together, we prepared the food and ate.

"Well that was kinda' not awkward in an awkward way.." Nick said. "I don't really know how to put it."

I sighed, and took a bite of the salad. He brought salad and my favorite dressing. I like this guy so much. "Does he really have to be the one to come and get Melissa and Michael?"

Nick held up his hands in surrender. "Don't look at me like it was my fault."

I groaned and stabbed the lettuce. "He keeps on coming back when I don't meed him to."

"So there are still times when you need him?" Nick raised an eyebrow.

"No, of course not. I'm moving on, okay? Maybe I already have." I said.

Nick just shrugged. "Seems like fate is making a way for you guys to see each other."

"I hope it will stop." I grumbled.

Nick muttered something under his breath that I almost didn't hear. It sounded something like, "Hope so too."

I pretended not to hear. "What?"

"Nothing." Nick said. "I know you can move on someday. And perhaps you'll find someone who you'd come to love..."

"Maybe..." I muttered. I don't know.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

869K 53.4K 117
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
A Different Virus: Heartfire Від Crystal Scherer

Наукова фантастика

9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
Doors open. Від ash

Фанфіки

396K 6.4K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...