Call It What You Want- Joe Bu...

بواسطة i_just_cry_sometimes

'Cause my baby's fit like a daydream Walkin' with his head down, I'm the one he's walkin' to So call it what... المزيد

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
Sos
12
13
15
16

14

2K 54 1
بواسطة i_just_cry_sometimes

"Elizabeth, talk to me," I pick up her hands and hold them. She's hiding on the bathroom floor, trying not to cry so she doesn't ruin her makeup that took an hour and a half to do.

She calms her ragged breaths and looks at me, "What if this is a mistake?"

"Do you think it's a mistake? Because if you think so, then I'll take you out of this place myself and we can run and never look back," I say.

She gives me a thankful look, "I don't think it is, but what if Tyler thinks I'm just baby-trapping him?"

"Els," I chuckle, "he had a ring picked out for two years, I'm sure he doesn't think that."

Her face doesn't change, it still holds the same worry that it has all morning, "I'm still so nervous."

"That's okay," I put a gentle hand on her shoulder, "that's normal, but you have nothing to be nervous for."

"I just..." she starts, "I just wish my mom were here."

"Ella," I pull her hand so she'd look at me, "she doesn't deserve to be here. In her place are two amazing women and a freaking badass dad."

She finally chuckles.

"Tonya stepped in for you just like your dad stepped in for Ty," I stand up, "I know it's something I'll never be able to understand, but I do know you have so many people who love and support you."

"That's why you're my maid of honor," she starts waving her hand to stop more tears, "you always talk some sense into me. This baby-brain is no joke."

"I think you're just excited," I offer my hand for her to use and she takes it.

"Yeah, I really am," she takes my arm and we walk out of the bathroom. A few of her other bridesmaids that she picked at the last second immediately rush to her side.

"Give her some space," I use my hand to keep them back and they understand.

One of Ella's old roommates, Chloe, brings a box of tissues to her because the one in her hand was wadded up and almost in pieces.

"Here," she hands it over, "I know how your crocodile tears are."

"Thanks, Chlo," Ella laughs and takes a couple, dabbing them in the corner of her eyes to stop the tears.

I leave Ella with Chloe because I knew I could trust her, and find the wedding planner.

"Are we on time?" I ask, a grimace on my face because I knew what the answer was.

"A little late, she needs to be in her dress right now," she looks down at a chunk of papers in her hand, "the guests are arriving, so she'll need to be out there in thirty minutes."

"Okay, we can do that," I nod and immediately go back to Ella, "let's get you into your dress, you're up."

She nods and we go into a room with my mom and Tonya. The two of them are the closest thing she has to a mother.

"Is it time?" My mom asks, and I nod.

Ella slips on the dress and her and Tonya have a moment. Seeing her in it, for all of us, was surreal. She looked like a goddess. Her red, slightly waved hair stood out amongst the white. Her dress was tight, but had a bow on the back that made the skirt seem bigger than it actually was. The neckline was a sweetheart neckline, with off the shoulder straps.

She quite literally looked like a sculpture.

Tonya had her hands on Ella's shoulders and a couple tears streamed down her face. My mom held me the same way. My lip trembled, but I stayed strong. Someone had to keep the show moving.

Once Ella turns around and I see her directly, we share a look. One that said, 'We've made it.'

"Okay," I sniff, "you walk in roughly twenty minutes, moms, you guys have to go, but I'll stay with Ella."

Both my mom and Tonya give her one last hug before leaving. We're left with five minutes alone.

"Can you believe this?" Ella asks as I'm putting the veil over her.

"Yes," I say softly, "I knew you'd find someone eventually."

"You've always had more faith in me than I have," she chuckles and I join her.

"Let's get you married, then we can cry and celebrate," I put my hands on her shoulders and look over her one last time before we leave the room and go outside to the venue.

All of the bridesmaids had lined up next to their groomsmen. A spot was missing next to Cowen, where I was supposed to be. Joe got demoted a few weeks ago when Cowen told Tyler than he would be around for the wedding.

The first pair walks down and I turn around to check Ella one last time before being handed my flowers.

"You're beautiful," I mouth to her and she smiles.

Her dad, Matthew, joined her, telling her she looked amazing and shedding more tears.

Joe must have heard me walk up, because he looks back at me and smiles. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a few tissues.

"Because you cry at weddings," he offers them to me and I take them with a chuckle.

"Okay, don't do that in front of me," Cowen says, and I elbow him in the side.

"How did you manage to get such an important part? You're a jerk," I whisper and he laughs quietly.

Joe and Chloe get motioned to walk in and it's just the four of us left. The live piano player was my idea, and it truly was a good idea. She was amazing.

"Okay, Camden and Cowen," the wedding planner nods and we start walking down the cobblestone path. I hadn't seen it since before the flowers were brought in, and they lightened the entire area. Rows and rows of chairs were lined up, filled to the brim with huge football players and their plus ones.

Under the arc made out of various kinds of flowers, stood Tyler and the officiant. I give Tyler an excited smile and he nods back.

Cowen helps me get onto the slightly raised platform and we stand on our respective sides.

Before Ella walked down the aisle, my eyes caught Joe's. The pianist starts her song, Turning Page, and I take a deep breath. I was still staring at Joe. It felt as if I looked anywhere else I would lose it.

Everyone stands up and we look to Ella. She had the brightest smile on her face. Her eyes were zoned in on Tyler, who had just as big of a grin on him.

Matt gave Tyler a hug, while Ella handed me her flowers, and then he hugged Ella and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Tyler took Ella's hands and helped her up. The two marveled at one another. It was as if they were the only people in the world.

I was in the same boat as them. Joe and I stared at one another almost the entire time. I knew what Ella and Tyler were feeling because I felt the same way.

"Tyler, I vow to be loyal, honest, and true. I vow to always say something when you chew too loud, I vow to always forget to turn the lights off, I vow to always eat your snacks. I vow to be your best friend as we go through this journey together. Thank you for not only being my lover, but for also being my friend. Tyler Alexander Boyd, I'll never meet anyone as amazing as you," Ella says, making a couple tears slip from my eyes.

Tyler smiles at her and starts his own vows, "My Liz, I vow to be there for you, no matter what. I will be your rock, unmoving in the middle of a storm, for the rest of our lives. Our baby, whether it be a girl or a boy, will know nothing but love. They will learn to love, feel love, and give love. I have no doubt in my mind that you will be a wonderful mother. So, Elizabeth Iris Porter, i can't wait to see you in action, whether it be telling people how to act, or chasing our baby around the house, as long as it's with you, I'm ready for it."

By the end of Tyler's vows, I'm crying. The tissues Joe gave me earlier were a chunk of wet paper in my hand. The officiant announces them husband and wife, and they kiss and dramatically leave the area.

Cowen and I rejoin and we follow Ella and Tyler down the path. They wanted a moment alone after the ceremony, so there was thirty minutes for guests to move into the reception area, which was a lot of tables set up by a cottage-type barn.

When we're out of view from the guests, I really let it go. We were directed onto golf carts that take us to the reception about a half mile away from the venue.

"Collie," Cowen whispers when the cart begins moving, "you have a speech in an hour, get yourself together."

"You're never going to find a girlfriend with that attitude," I punch him on his arm and sit in silence until we arrived. If I wanted to cry, I'm allowed to cry.

"Cami," Joe walks up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder, "what's wrong?"

"I've seen Ella go through so much, I'm just so happy for her," I say, and lean into him. He puts a hand on the back of my head and around my waist. It was the most comfort I've felt all day.

"You know, you literally took my breath away when you walked out with Cowen," he chuckles, "if your dress was white, I think I would have lost it."

I lift my head from his chest and look up to him, "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," he whispers. We stared at one another. I did know what he meant.

"Camden, if you want to rehearse, now's your chance," the wedding planner peaks around the corner and nods.

"Rehearse, for what?" Joe takes his hand off my head.

"A secret," I whisper and he squints at me.

"I want to know," he whispers back, and I start walking backwards.

"It's a surprise," I keep my eyes away from his. One look and I'd break.

He grabs ahold of my hands and walks with me, "You can tell me, Cami."

I made the mistake of looking up and him. I sigh in defeat, "I wrote a song for her and Ty and I'm singing it later."

"That's sick, I'm coming with you," he says, and we start walking normally.

"No you're not, you have duties," I point to him and he shrugs.

"Not for another," he looks down at his watch, "twenty minutes."

He tilts his head, giving me his begging eyes.

"You're a child," I chuckle, "fine. We have to be fast."

He grins and I lead us onto a golf cart. When we went back to the ceremony area where the piano would be.

"What's the name of the song?" Joe asks as we sit down on the cushioned bench.

"Well, at first it was supposed to be unanimous, but I changed it for today. It's called 'When Ella Falls In Love' but it was originally Emma," I press a few keys on the piano and sigh in satisfaction. It sounded amazing.

"A bit on the nose, don't you think?" He chuckles, and I smile.

"Maybe a little," I shrug, "I've been working on it for weeks. And I didn't even plan on singing it tonight until yesterday. I'm not good with speeches."

"Me either."

I start playing the song, focusing more on the lyrics than playing the piano. It was muscle memory at this point.

I finish it and sigh, "I'm nervous."

"Why?" Joe chuckles, "You sound amazing. Ella and Ty will love it."

I shrug, "I feel like it's very out there, you know?"

"So what?" He throws his hands in the air, "Ella loves stuff like that. She will love this."

"What if I mess up? I would actually die of embarrassment," I put my face in my hands.

Joe stands up from the bench, "You aren't going to mess up."

"And all of your teammates are here," I look at him in fear, "I'm going to embarrass you."

"Colette!" Joe looks offended, "You could never embarrass me. And plus, how many of their girlfriends have won a Grammy?"

I squint at him. He had a point, but not the one I wanted to hear, "You're obsessed with my Grammy's."

"I'm obsessed because I'm proud of you?" He laughs, "Oh, baby, no I'm not obsessed with your Grammy's."

"Thanks," I shrug.

"Let's go back," he holds his hand out, "anyone who has anything bad to say about this can talk to me."

I give him a thankful look and kiss him on the cheek, "You are such a softy."

He hums.

⇜⇝

Hey hey hey! Happy New Years Eve!!!

I hope you guys liked this, kind of crazy, but I wanted to get it done.

Thanks for reading, I love youuuuuu!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

336 0 27
An ordinary college girl and quite a popular football player fall in love. But it's not as easy as it's supposed to be. And it's not his fame that's...
236K 2.1K 34
travis kelce's sister just so happens to fall for one of their afc rivals.... joe burrow. now, at the time, they weren't rivals yet, but 1 game turns...
29.7K 955 20
❝𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓...
2.6K 69 10
.... Tell me how you loved before Show me how you smile