Magizoologist.

By bookwurmpi

"Animals just love me, Mr Scamander." (A Newt Scamander x oc love story) A more detailed description on the... More

Introduction.
Chapter two.

Chapter one.

36 4 0
By bookwurmpi

{*•*•*•*}

Amaryllis Aimee Dumbledore, the brightest witch of her age.

     Or so, she's been told.

     Dressed to impress, she heads to the defence against the dark arts classroom, the subject of her father's teaching. One of the many subjects she had excelled at, the better question is, what didn't she excel in. She's taken more classes than any schedule would allow it. Graduating in all of the subjects the school provided.

Although, she had been told off by the headmaster about doing it and showing concern for her health when she had suggested it and was halfway through her first year with it. He dropped the subject when she showed that she could balance it and showed minimal signs of fatigue.

Even Professor Mcgonagall had told her off about it and showed her a lot of worry for her health. But when she understood that she wasn't gonna change her mind about it, she decided to help the girl instead of tell her off about it. Providing her with some excuses when her fellow students noticed odd things.

She had been the only student in school who didn't have a cat, a frog or an owl, it wasn't forbidden to have or animals, but those were the recommended ones. Not that she any magical creatures, her father had forbidden her to bring them into the castle.

Not that he was against her befriending them, more often then not, her fellow students didn't understand those creatures and rather didn't know how to treat them, chasing them around halls and teasing them with harmless magic spells that still stressed the poor creatures out.

She befriended a Raven, a creature that she had found in the dark forest when she was ten, the summer before she would start her first year in hogwarts, she would turn eleven around Christmas and no one made a fuzz when she was admitted in before he eleventh birthday.

People had taunted her for being a nerd when they learned she took every subject the school provided. She had just shrugged her shoulders at that and told them, 'What do you expect from a Ravenclaw?'

People had always questioned her when they saw her name, always wondered if she was a sister of Albus Dumbledore, a daughter or a niece. And every time she had to explain it to people.

     She's an almost twenty years old, a couple of travels already on her name. Most of them had been her father's tasks, something he had heard within his elite group of friends that he wanted her to investigate.

     But almost twenty years prior, her father had found a small basket on the side of a snowy road. In the village that he and his brother had taken residence in. It had been been around Christmas 1906 that they had found her in that small basket, wrapped in a pink blanket out in the dark to freeze to death.

She remembers how her father and uncle had told her how they found her, it had been around midnight when they walked back from the village of Hogsmeade, the three broomsticks. They were quite drunk and made for their house as they had heard her wails.

They never knew how long she had laid there in the cold snow, her blanket damp from the falling snow and her face red and her lips blue from the cold. They had told her that the fact that she was alive still in that temperature, made them wonder how extraordinary she had to be.

Took her home and apparently, Albus had gotten already attached to her within minutes of taking her home and laying her on the table while Aberforth went to get her some clean and dry blankets. Albus proceeded to tell her that she was using magic around the room to benefit herself. Getting herself something to entertain herself with while he had gone to make her some food to eat.

They had her checked out the next day, after she spent the night in Albus his room. Close to the fireplace but not too close, they brought her to a physician. Explained how they found her and that she seemed like a very happy baby.

The physician had deemed her healthy and asked if they were going to keep her. Without much thought, Albus said he would, asking for a form as Aberforth decided to sign himself up as her uncle and godfather. And so, she grew up with the Dumbledores.

     She never knocks anymore on her father's door, she never had. Twisting the door knob, she sees him sitting at his desk, grading the tests of his pupils. She ever so elegantly plops herself down in an armchair on the opposite of where he sits at his desk. Smiling mischievously at him, while he tilts up a brow.

She folds one leg over the other, her trousers that she had put on a dark blue and wide with a black vest that hugs her waist and midriff, mostly from her hogwarts year and a white blouse underneath, her long matching blue coat. Deep pockets in them and her blonde flowing hair down her back.

Her father looks up at her, shaking his head at the way she grins and sits in the armchair. "You sit as graceful as an hippo." He mentions to her with a grin of his own, placing away the tests of his pupils.

She yawns softly before rubbing her eyes. "You owl-ed me away from Hebrides of Scotland, where i was trying to study dragons, under your orders." She shrugs her shoulders, feeling her pocket move.

And since she had been so rudely whisked away from her studying dragons for her father, so he could choose which dragons could possibly be suited for reviving the triwizard tournament which she had learned had been cancelled since 1792, due to the high death toll.

She doubts it would come back, but at least she gets to study some dragons. She's not sure that such a tournament would ever come back since the tasks that she read in a history book were quite deadly for young students.

Her father shoots her a raised brow. "And that got to do with this how?" Her father gestures to how she sits and her almost sleeping form.

She grins. "I hadn't slept in days, i was about to but your letter told me to get here as soon as i read it. So i don't think i slept a wink in the last week or so." She says, not really bothered by the loss of sleep, she's kind of used to it since her first year at hogwarts with all those subjects she took and all the time turning she did.

With a raised brow, he looks at her. "I send that owl to inform you that there is a trafficked thunderbird in Egypt." Her father tells her, shutting his mouth when she opens it to gasp and rant about it.

"A thunderbird? In Egypt, that poor thing." She says, before finding a new found energy to get up on her feet and press her hand on her mouth, she had never seen one, she wants to. "Those creatures are magnificent, three pairs of powerful wings. It can create powerful storms but that poor thing is sensitive for danger. If they pluck any of those feathers, I'll pluck all their hairs, one by one. Slowly." She leans over her father's desk, a somewhat red face from anger.

Albus has to hold in his chuckle at the threat of his daughter, she could have been a Hufflepuff if her hunger for knowledge wasn't her main drive. "Settle down, dear." He tells her, pushing her back into the armchair with his words. "According to my sources, it's being trafficked to the middle east, i'm sending a friend of mine to rescue it, a magical creature lover as you." He tells her, folding his hands over his desk and watches her go from angry to confused.

She doesn't understand, if he already has a guy for the job, why ask her to come here and just deliver the news. Couldn't he have done that through an owl, like they normally communicate when she's away. It's a waste of her tome to whisk her away from her dragons. "Why did i need to come if you already have a guy for the job?" She asks him.

Her father sighs, casting a quick look outside. "Because as much as i trust this guy, he's not very good at staying out of trouble." Her father tells her, doesn't that mean he doesn't trust him entirely. She's not going to be anyone's babysitter.

     She points her finger at her father, serious about it. "I'm not babysitting anyone." She says, crossing her leg over her knee.

     Her father shakes his head, he knows she's not keen on having to look out for others. It always distracts her from her studies, that's what she had always told him. "You're not babysitting, just making sure he stays out of trouble and has a partner to fight any possible poachers."

     With a huff, she looks at him with an unimpressed expression that says enough about how much she believes his words, she doesn't need to read his mind to know that he's sending her after this guy to babysit him.

     With another huff and a quick yawn, she nods her head, agreeing to his proposal. "Fine, I'll only go for the thunderbird." She says before a crack snaps both of them to her coat pocket.

     Her father raises an eyebrow at her, knowing that she's got something illegal in there, something that's not allowed in the school. He knows her well enough to know that she always brings things with her, takes creates with her that aren't suppose to be pets.

     She fishes out the dragon egg that she had stuffed in there. The shell cracking, the little creature trying to break free from its imprisonment. On the way here, she had quickly packed up her stuff into her suitcase and stuffed the thing into her magical coat that she got from her father.

     The coat had been enchanted, its purpose is to protect her like some armour and deflect spells that get cast at her direction. It also, which she figured out, protects everything that's within her pockets, she figured that out when she had accidentally fallen off a cliff when a poacher was chasing her in the dark forest when she was sixteen, her watch that she had stuffed in there along with her wand were both unharmed. She had a couple of bruises and scraped knees and a concussion, which she managed to hide from her father and uncle. Just not from Mcgonagall.

The both of them watch as a dark rough scaled dragon baby pushes its head through a crack. She casts her eyes at her father quickly, watching his unamused face with a brow raised. She places the egg on the table, she knows that mother dragons always help their babies break out of their shells. So she will be that to the baby dragon.

"You took an egg?" Her father asks, not impressed with her at the moment. She breaks off a piece of shell before another.

She looks up at him once more. "This was the only intact egg at the neat i found it in. The mother was dead, by the markings and the absent of her heart, it were the poachers that did that. The egg was hidden within a bush, i think that was the only egg she managed to save from the poachers since the others were destroyed all over the nest." She explains to her father, who she knows actually understands why she does all these things.

Once all the shell pieces are taken off, she looks at the black rough scaled dragon with ridges along its back, and a tail tipped with an arrow-shaped spike. The dragon has brilliant purple eyes, bat-like wings and she knows it could grow to be up to thirty feet long. "A Hebridean Black." Her father says, knowing the dragon without even needing to see it. He send her out there.

With a smile on her lips, she picks it up. By the looks of it, she knows it's a male. "Hello little one." she says, letting it squeak in her hands. It nuzzles her thumb and happily squeaks. "I'm naming him Draco." She says, not so original since she knows it means dragon in latin. But she doesn't care.

Her father raises his brow, not impressed with the dragon name either. "Anyways, who am i babysitting?" Amaryllis says, sliding the baby dragon into her pocket and magics a bit of meat in there for it to feet on, it's already got a set of sharp meat slicing teeth.

Her father nods, shaking himself out of his thoughts. "Right." He says, grabbing a piece of paper from his desk. "I got his address here, he'll he leaving in the morning. So advise you head over there now."

She takes the letter from her father, looking at the address, she frowns. "London?" She says, looking up at her father.

Her father nods, taking back a seat behind his desk. "Yes, that's his home address. Write to me when you get the thunderbird safely in your possession." Her father dismisses, without telling her, trying to send her on her way to this man's house. She looks at the address once more.

Newt Scamander.

It reads on top, it must he the man's name. She nods her head and goes over to the door. She stops for a second in the door opening, the door half open as she turns around. Turning around to face her father, who looks as always at her, concerned and worried, a tear on his cheek. "See you in a flight." She smiles at him.

He nods his head at her. "See you in a flight." A smile forms on his face when she leaves the room.

(A/n) first chapter of the book!!

Let me know if you like it, if you have ideas and what you would like to see happen!

Hope you enjoyed the book.

💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

409K 12.3K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
763K 17.3K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
217K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
178K 9.6K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...