ᴄʜᴇᴡ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ |...

By Shellingtons_bae

BLLKxf!reader After your twin brother does a last-minute bailout of Blue Lock someone has to take his spot. "... More

₊ ⊹ AUTHOR NOTE ⊹ ₊
₊ ⊹ LOVE INTERESTS!UPDATED⊹ ₊
1 - 1 . He's Just Not That Into You
1 - 2 . Think Like a Man
1 - 3 . She's The Man
1 - 4 . Lock off
1 - 5 . Empty shower
1 - 6 . The monster in you
1 - 7 . Kill Barou: Vol. 1
1 - 9 . Kunigami's Steak
1 - 10 . Confrontation

1 - 8 . Kill Barou: Vol. 2

392 34 13
By Shellingtons_bae

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The field was tense; boys lined up, knowing their positions. You were situated in the goal, with the perfect view of the field. It was just as Anri had told you: observe and find out how their team works. It's not like you were going to score, but keeping the other team from scoring was more important than it looked.

"In the first selection, all fouls will be called by VAR."

Kunigami had approached you, an actually apologetic look gracing his features while holding something in his hands. "I'm sure Isagi already informed you of your position. Here," he held out gloves, flopping slightly in the air. "I should have said something or taken the position early. I'm the one you should be mad at. My apologies." He gave you a small bow, nothing compared to the 90-degree one Isagi had pulled off, but still a bow. You like to believe subtly was better fit for apologies so this one was perfect.

"Thanks," you grabbed the gloves and put them on your hands, the material fitting snugly, surprising you.

"Are they alright? My apologies if they're warm from my hands."

"No, no, it's fine... bro. You should get back, though."

"Ah, right." He gave you a last apologetic smile and walked back to his position.

Bachira had started with the ball, hand on his hip while talking to Isagi about something. But that was the last thing on your mind as you looked to try and find number 10 right at the center. Once he caught you glancing, more like scouted you out as well, he looked like a vein was going to pop out of his forehead. If looks could kill, you would have popped like a teenager's 3 am pimple.

The whistle blew, indicating that the match began, starting with Bachira making a pass to Isagi.

Your jaw dropped when not even a minute into the game Raichi had stolen the ball. 'What are you doing!?' you mouthed in sync with Isagi.

"The rules say the top scorer goes through, right? I don't care about the team. I'm doin' this my way."

You gulped your suspicions right about your team. 'One for all and all for one my ass.'

Luckily the only one with a head on his shoulders, Kunigami, swooped in and took the ball from him. "Now you're talking, Raichi. If that's how it works here, I'll make no bones about playing for myself."

'No! Kunigami! You're smarter than this!' You watched from afar as your teammates all rushed to the center, all trying to take the ball for themselves.

A random Team X player stole the ball while Kunigami and Raichi were fighting, but even the other team was fighting. The only one stuck in your position of doing nothing was Isagi, standing like a stick in the wind. That was until number 10 rushed into the crowd, stealing the ball, eyes only on you. It was horrifying the way he parted them as if they were children's toys.

"Don't stand in my way. Or I'll kill you."

Isagi had tried a maneuver to either throw him off or steal the ball but was only shut down with a heel flick. "I'm sorry, Kuon! He's heading your way!"

"Okay! I got it!"

"Don't sweat it. It's a two-on-one!"

And then again, he went right through them. It was like he was playing with children. The difference in skill level clearer than that sunny day you broke up with Itoshi.

Then he had that empty face while running towards you.

"Shit-" you crouched down, ready for the kick, trying to dive at the ball that grazed your fingers, bouncing in the net.

"Stuck in that goal, huh, bumpkin? I expect more from you. At least give me a little fun and block, will ya?" That empty gaze he started with transformed into a smirk as he looked down on you.

You felt your blood boil, wanting more than to grab his jersey and headbutt him so hard his head would have an indent visible from space.

"Now hear me, suckers, and remember my words. For me, the ball isn't my friend or any of that nonsense. It's just a spherical servant that exists solely so I can shine. On the field, I am the king." He leered towards your team but turned towards you, pointing.

"I score in the next five minutes; you give me your name. Got it?" He returned to his side of the field for his cheerleaders. "King Barou," they roared, hands held high. So that was his name? Barou. You hated the way it rolled off your tongue.

"You're the goalie, aren't you? Act like one!" Igarashi yelled, getting in your face, spit falling out of his lips akin to a carwash.

"I tried to block the ball! That's more than standing there and getting in the way!" You would feel bad if it were anyone else on the team, muttering an apology, but the way Igarashi just existed pissed you off.

"It's only one goal. Let's calm down," Kuon clapped, trying to defuse the argument.

"He's right. If we stick to our positions and pass-" Isagi was cut off by Raichi.

"Huh? If we do that, then as the center-forward, you'll be the scorer. Losers should play in defense. All ya gotta do is pass me the ball!"

"Does that matter right now?" you interjected, not fearing if you had to face the wrath of the shark-toothed boy. "I know you guys want to score, but we'll be kicked out if we keep this up."

"You-!"

"Pass me the ball! [l/n], this doesn't bother you. You're the goalie; you don't have to worry about that." You were about to slap Naruhaya in front of everybody. If it affects anyone, it's you. You're not even able to score points; or are you?

Your mind wrapped around the idea while your teammates bickered. It can happen in hockey, so why not here? You'd like to think you had the power to shoot a ball all the way across the field and make it in, but even you questioned that. So you'd just settle on giving someone a helping hand if a goal kick was put into play.

"Team Z, resume the game," the speakers blared into the field, reminding your team that they should be playing.

"Bachira! We'll at least pass it around between us!"

"Okay." Bachira gave Isagi a thumbs up, but when the blue-haired boy passed, he was met with Igaguri. You were seriously going to kill that guy.

"Are you dense, Isagi? The top scorer on a team survives! I'm never passing to someone else. I'm sorry for your loss." So that's what the whole scoring fear was about.

You watched helplessly as the ball was stolen by another member of the opposite team and then passed to Barou. He looked directly at you and then the field; that same fear of being eaten alive came back. He can't hurt you; it was just that look he seemed to like giving you so much.

The other team was already fixing their kinks while yours was struggling to even make calls to mark someone down.

"Wait- spread out!" You yelled, realizing how utterly ridiculous your team was. They all were trying to cover one guy who, like anyone else, had the ability to pass. And pass he did, throwing the ball back while you were overflowing with anger you wished you could release if they just let you play and you weren't stuck as the goalie.

When a random teammate did break through, you did your only job. You blocked it. The score still stuck at '1-0'. If anyone was going to score, it was going to be Barou, and even then, you're not letting it happen in the next four minutes. He didn't deserve the right to know your last or even your brother's name.

"Ahh, go [l/n]!"

'Six seconds' -that's how long is allowed for a goalie to kick or throw the ball to a teammate. 'God damn it, why were all of you surrounding Barou!' you mentally yelled while looking at the pitch for someone to throw it to.

'Four seconds' -your mind was swirling as people yelled at you to throw the ball at them. And then you saw it. Red hair.

'Two seconds' -you dropped the ball and wound your leg back, hitting it with all the might you held, "Chigiri!"

You saw the kick happen before it even did. 'A trivela pass' -that's what Itoshi had called it. You hit the ball using the outside of your foot, that spin stronger than you ever practiced it. It looked like it missed, but that last-minute spin went right towards Chigiri. That was the first time you hadn't messed the shot up. You don't want to think if your ex-boyfriend would be proud or not.

The ginger quickly caught on and moved into position, getting the ball before anyone could know that the ball was headed his way.

"No way..."

"Ah shit..."

"Someone get the ball!"

"How's that for second-rate? King Barou?"

Then that look Barou gave you was so classic. You wanted to burn it into your mind, eyes wide and full of disbelief like he wanted to kill you for not expecting it. But that only lasted a second before he ran to get the ball.

"Please, Chigiri," you muttered under your breath. You wanted him to score a goal, not just for the team but for himself. And when he shot, he got it in. "Ha! Yes!" you cheered, shooting your hands high. Yet even with the difficult shot, nobody cared or gave you credit; all of it went to Chigiri. You didn't want to hate the boy for stealing the spotlight, but it was your assist that helped. Yet the happiness from the goal was short-lived.

A minute later, Barou finally got in front of the goal, and even with how close you were, it still went in. "There's one minute left. Name?" You had forgotten about that little bet he made with himself, not caring to know if you would accept.

"[l/n]."

"Not first? So cruel," he gave you something of a teasing look. You were going to rip something out of him.

And it kept happening. Goal after goal after goal, the only number under 'Team Z' being 1 while their 1 became a 2 and then a 3 and lastly a 4, the number slowly hiking up. You were defeated, hands on your knees, pants and inhales as you gasped for air. You had blocked so many goals already, but that stupid four on the screen haunted you. You questioned if this is how people with asthma felt as you gasped for air, lungs and heart burning like you held your breath like a diver trying to search for a pearl.

And with Barou sending the ball towards the bottom left while you dove to the right, that scoreboard changed from a 4 to a 5. You wanted to die in a hole. You were hot and sticky, and you knew there was no way you were going to be able to block another goal unless he wanted you too. You were defeated, physically yes, mentally no. Every time he would score, he would have to say something to rub in your wounds as if trying to spark you like a broken lighter.

Bachira and Isagi were talking about something. That much you could tell with one eye open and lungs heaving. When they turned to look at you, almost in sync, it felt like they weren't judging you but examining you like you were some animal in the cage. Bachira was the only one to smile. What were they planning?

They turned back as fast as they looked at you, and Isagi rushed, passing the ball to Bachira who stayed. Bachira passed a Hail Mary towards Isagi who caught it with an open view of the goal.

'Come on. Shoot it.'

Barou, however, didn't like that plan, going to block Isagi. "Hey, number 11. Don't stand out more than me. I told you I'm the king. Try getting past me, sucker." Isagi froze up, probably questioning what move to make. Out of nowhere, like he was possessed, he passed to Kunigami.
"Nice ball, Isagi." And from such a far range, he scored. It was stunning to take in. Then finally, the team's 1 became a 2. "Eat it!"

While Isagi was busy being berated by Raichi, you did the only reasonable thing: laying on the floor and breathe. You closed your eyes, finally relaxing. "It's over~" you smiled into the grass, finally relaxing. You had lost, but you were still happy. "We got two points!" you smiled to yourself, holding up a peace sign.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The locker room was tense. So tense, in fact, you were grateful you were late to the game so you wouldn't have to deal with the environment two times that day.

You were sitting on the bench, drinking your water like it was air. "Hey," you looked up to see Chigiri. "Thanks... for the pass." You don't know if he seemed grateful or like he was obligated to thank you.

"Right..." That awkwardness from your first meeting, that had a shiver running down your spine, was back.

The interaction was luckily cut short when Kuon stopped another fight, your appreciation of him slowly growing but still wary. "That's enough, all of you! Do you understand the situation? We're a team that's already lost once."

Igarashi, for once, seemed as confused as you as Kuon continued.

"This first selection is a five-team round robin. Only the top two teams progress. Suppose all teams win two, lose two. We'd all be on six points. Which means, in order to advance, we have to aim higher and get seven points. That's the likely cut-off line that will decide who progresses."

"So we're only five points away?" you asked, confused.

"If you lose twice, it's a yellow light that's about to turn red," Iemon clarified for you.

"We're already at the point where if we lose the next game, we're done. If we don't get serious about how to win, it really will be over for us."

"Then, have you got any good ideas?" Igarashi asked.

"Uh, well... No, not yet..."

You raised a hand. "Why don't we train as a team? Or team bonding?"

"What type of girly girl shit are you on? Team bonding? What do you want us to do, bracelet making? Have a sleepover?!" Raichi yelled while you pushed down the thought of it being fun. You bet Chigiri would be a gossip queen and tell you everything about his school while doing your hair.

"I couldn't have scored that goal without Bachira and Isagi. That should show us the way." Kunigami tried to prove a point.

"Cut the crap, musclehead! You just wanna be the team's top scorer!"

"But it was amazing. It was the best goal of the day, for sure." you felt your eyes pop out of your skull when Bachira got out; naked. You quickly diverted your look but also held down not your anger but jealousy. How could he like that goal more than yours? You certainly liked yours more. And you weren't being selfish; it was just the fact a goalie offered an assist. Stuff like that gets people in seats.

"Just do that a lot, and we'll win. Right, Isagi? Right?" Maybe he just wanted approval from his best friend, but then you saw bare feet in front of you and your cheeks grew hot. "[l/n], let's score a goal together next time!" he grabbed your hands and held them smile somehow larger.

You looked away, trying to preserve the normal Bachira with clothes in your mind, not needing to know what his toned body looked like under the uniform. But no matter how hard you tried to avoid his gaze, he always moved in front of your face, and eye contact never broke.

"Y-yeah, sure. Just put some clothes on."

"Eh, why? I like it!" how could he have such an innocent smile right now.

"Oh, please! You can't rely on a wonder goal like that!" Naruhaya shot back.

"But seriously, I really don't get how we can make a team out of just forwards."

"I don't think everything that guy says is right." Chigiri finally spoke up. "Ego talked about how to "win" the World Cup, throwing names like Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi, and Cantona out there. But none of those guys have ever won the World Cup." Apparently, you had missed something with Anri not knowing anything of what they were talking about. "if anything, him saying "this is a battle about creating soccer from zero" was some sort of hint."

"Hey, everyone." Isagi stood up. "I don't know yet how to make us win, but I might know what it means to be at soccer's "zero."

Now you've decided you don't have any bit of context and decided you were no longer needed. "Ima take a shower, bye." You had found a map while heading back from your meeting with Anri that had shown all of your area of Blue Lock. That being said you had found the most deserted shower. It would be the perfect place after a long match and sore muscles.

«────── « Additional Time » ──────»

After a much-needed shower, getting rid of all the kinks in your shoulders with hot water and also hiding your rant towards yourself about your team and how you were about to go home, you got out of the shower with a yawn. Grabbing a towel, you wrapped it around your hair and body, holding it snugly to your body, but something caught your eye.

"What in the world?" Walking over to the ball, a bizarre thing was floating in the steamy water. Not a rubber duck, but a panda in an inner tube, looking more relaxed than you ever could be. You reached down, trying to grasp it, sinking your hands into the water and wrapping your fingers around it, but your hands came into contact with something beneath it.

Very afraid it was a man about to drag you in, you grabbed the panda, chucking it at the pale chest with a high-pitched scream and ignoring the faded 'squeak' it made once it descended to the floor somewhere else.

"Cut out the yelling. It's annoy... Hmm? Oh, you're that boy from... when was it?"

You wanted to scream, shove him back in the water, and run, but you knew better than that. You quickly spun around, readjusting the towel, pressing it closer to you. Wait- was he here this time? Oh god... what if he heard you talking to yourself about how stupid your teammates were?

"Whatever. Just don't bother me..." and just like that, he went back to floating on his back in the bath and presumably falling asleep. 'How is he so unbothered?' you questioned, slightly off-put.

The random stranger was a development. How are you supposed to shower now? It's not like you were unable to... it was just this guy. Honestly, not to throw him under the bus, he doesn't seem like the type to notice if you had boobs or not. And if he did, he doesn't look like the type to tell. And if he did, no one would believe him. Not a bad person to be sharing a bathroom with if you had to choose in all of Blue Lock.

You did want to get out of there quickly. You grabbed your clothes, taking them back to the locker to change, wrapping your chest loosely. You put your wig and sideburns back on and uttered a quick, "bye," to the albino stranger which he returned breathlessly, having you strain your ears to hear.

"Your team seems like a hassle but fun to beat... don't lose to some random team before us."

Ohmigodheheardeverything.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ HELP WANTED ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

For the next chapter, I was thinking about giving the reader a special attack, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not sure what it should be, so I need suggestions. You can DM me if you prefer not to comment, but I can't work on the next chapter until I have an idea. If I don't get one within a week, I'll probably scrap the idea for later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 7.3K 32
❝𝗦𝗢..𝗜'𝗠 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗚𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘?❞ 𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 ──────────── 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘪...
25.7K 1.5K 14
AMONGST THIS CLUSTER OF EVERYTHING IN AN ENDLESS POSSIBILITY OF NOTHING, YOU EXIST AS JUST ANOTHER SOMETHING. years have passed, but l/n y/n's feelin...
126K 4.2K 19
rin x reader / pxg x reader ?? bllk chat fic 6/9/23 - 6/23/23 lovesick - alice phoebe lou
117K 3.2K 40
"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘰𝘰 --- 𝘐𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘺 �...