Zom 100 x Reader: Zom-Soldier

By Swimmer101Rose2

Y/n never expected this to happen, ever. One day, she's coming back to her home country, visits her parents b... More

Info + Love Interests
Y/n of the Dead
Best Friend of the Dead

Bucket List of the Dead

305 16 5
By Swimmer101Rose2

"Get moving maggots!"

The rain pelts against the muddy ground as y/n and her fellow soldiers ran across the field back and forth, but one of them fell to the ground, evoking the anger of their sergeant,"Get back up, you damn maggot! If this were a real life and death situation, you would've been dead already!" the sargeant screams at the male soldier, who staggers back to his feet and starts to run again.

The whole thing made y/n sigh mentally as she rolls her eyes,[Ugh, just shut up, you damn old coot. Doesn't your throat ever get sore from all the shouting?] she thought with a spiteful look before noticing one of her colleagues dripping blood from their forehead.

"H-Hey, you okay? You're bleeding a bit there." y/n calls out, but screams when the colleague suddenly launched at the person in front of them, sinking their teeth into the back of the female soldier's neck as they fall to the ground.

Y/n is then suddenly very aware of the screams around her as the army base alarm sounds,"What're you doing maggot?! This is no time to stand around! Get back to running!" y/n hears her sergeant shout and she whips around to face him,"Sir, with all due respect, this isn't the time to-"

She cuts herself off when she saw her boss was actually zombified and was staggering towards her with blood spewing here and there out of his body,"If you don't get to running, you'll get extra laps private y/n!"

"...Y/n!"

"Hey, sis! Wake up!"

Y/n yelps as she sits up, colliding heads with Akira, who jolts back and hisses in pain,"Damn it, Akira! Why'd you do that!?" y/n pouts as she runs her forehead,"Well, I didn't wanna start a new, free, day without my precious little sister!" Akira cooes annoyingly as he makes kissy faces at y/n with clasped hands, making the woman laugh as she playfully pushes him back,"Ew! Gross, no!" she says as they share a laugh together.

Though y/n recoils when a horrid stench hits her nose and she's reminded of the horrifying state her brother's apartment is in,"It stinks in here! Open the door!" she begs as Akira stays positive while he opens the sliding door to the small balcony. He takes a breath and stretches his arms way above his head while y/n rubs her tummy under a clean shirt with a small yawn. She also joined her brother's side as they either grin or smile dumbly at the chaos before them.

"And a very good morning world!!! I'm spending my three years worth of vacation time starting today!!! It's gonna be so much fun!!!" Akira shouts at the top of his lungs while y/n chucks an empty can at a random zombie's head, giggling like a kid when it just bounces off the monster's head, which made a confused sound and just stares at the can,"Heh, get canned." she chuckles, but whines when Akira ruffles her already messy hair.

"Hey y/n, you wouldn't mind helping me clean this place, right?" Akira asks and y/n shakes her head,"Not at all. Besides, I'm gonna be living here too, ya numbskull. And, I don't wanna live in a place that's like a pig pen." she replies with a grin.

And so, the siblings worked together to gather and clean the entire apartment together. Akira took care of picking up trash, stuffing it in trash bags before chucking it over the balcony and onto unfortunate zombies. Meanwhile, y/n took care of cleaning the dishes and washing some of their clothes, since her own bag did contain a lot of dirty clothes she wanted to wash at her folks' place.

Akira then took care of vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom while y/n made sure they have electricity and running water,"Sweet! Three years worth of cleaning finished!" Akira cheers as y/n puts her sleeping bag away,"What a relief." she says as she falls face first onto her brother's bed.

"Clean house means a clean mind, or something like that, right?" Akira glances over to y/n, who hums a muffled reply,"It's nice to be organized. Man, when's the last time I felt this good?" Akira takes a deep breath as he drops the cloth on the coffee table and heads for his mini fridge.

"Alrighty... With that done, time for my reward." he says as he opens the fridge and retrieves two cans of beer,"Here ya go, y/n." Akira throws the second to his sister, who catches it with one hand without looking up,"Fanks..." y/n muffles as Akira cracks open his beer and chugs it.

Y/n finally sits up and does the same as Akira, both of them letting out satisfied sighs as they somehow finish their beers simultaneously,"Hahaha! It's good! Really good! Who knew skipping work and drinking beer in the morning could taste so amazing!" Akira cheers happily,"Good, but not exactly healthy, Akira." y/n smiles, happy to see her brother back to his spirited self.

"Sis!" Akira suddenly pulls y/n in for a side hug as he shows off his beer to her,"This is holy water! No, it's the drink of the gods. The guilty pleasure of drinking on what would normally be a work day! The freedom from any work or obligations I had. Drinking beer on a weekday morning. If this isn't heaven, I don't know what is." Akira says with admiration and joy as tears rolled down his cheeks while y/n rolls her eyes at him,"You're exaggerating, Aki. It's just beer." she tells him as she crushes her empty can.

"Yeah, but I've missed it!" Akira cries out as y/n chuckles at him, bouncing slightly when her brother sits down next to her,"Now that I think about it, you're not exactly a beer or drinking person yourself, y/n. What's the deal?" he asks and y/n shrugs as she grabs the TV remote,"I figured I might share a bonding moment with my older brother, so I sucked it up. Beers are still too bitter and dry, though. I like my cherry beer more." she answers as she turns the TV on.

"Oh, would you look at that? LIVE news." she hums as Akira gets up to leans against the balcony, all while listening to the news report. Y/n frowns when she spots men struggling to keep the doors shut to keep the zombies out.

"What you are seeing now is aerial footage of Tokyo. Fires are breaking out all over the city, even now as I watch it happening, I-I can't believe this is all real. Even our studio is in danger of being overrun by workers who have turned into the living dead." the reporter yelps as the three men struggle to keep the zombies out,[They should've ran already. Couldn't they have just film somewhere safer? Also, there's a lot of equipments they could've used to defend themselves with. Geez...] y/n thought with both annoyance and sympathy.

"Internet and telecommunications are down and there's been no word from the government if help is coming anytime today! We don't even know if the government is functioning an-" the feed is cut off once a zombie sprang onto the reporter, leaving the message 'We'll be right back' on screen.

Y/n sighs at this as she does a silent prayer for the poor souls lose in there,"It's pretty bad out there, isn't it? I guess there's a worldwide disaster going on right now sending everything into oblivion. Wonder what's gonna happen?" Akira murmurs as he goes to take the last sip of his beer, only to find his can empty,"Who knows? All we can do is wait." y/n shrugs as she throws her empty can into the small trashcan.

"Yeah, guess you're right. And so, for us, today is Beer Day and only Beer day!" Akira cheers as he heads for the mini fridge,"So you better believe we're gonna stay put in my room with cold ones in hand." he says as he places his own crushed can on the coffee table.

"I don't know about you, y/n, but I'm gonna lounge around and embrace my inner degenerate! And enjoy a day off and spend three years in the making!" Akira adds as he yanks the fridge open, only to stare at the bare space with dread,"We're... Out!?" he makes a straining sound as y/n snorts of his dramatic self.

"Huh!? No way! B-But how!? They're all gone!? Don't tell me that was the last one left!" Akira frets as y/n clears her throat, catching her brother's attention before pointing at the trashcan filled with beer cans,"It was..." Akira sulks as he sadly closes the fridge.

"Of all the times to run out of beer, why now? All I wanted to do was slack off today!" Akira growls with little frustration,"Then go get some more." y/n says bluntly and Akira points an accusing finger at her,"Now you're telling me I have to go out to the store for a beer run!?" he exclaims and y/n shrugs before standing up to head for the balcony, Akira quickly following behind her.

They both grabbed onto the railing as they peek over it at the hoard of zombies. At one point point, a female zombies looks up at them creepily, before a can hits its forehead and it fell backwards,"Headshot." y/n whispers with narrowed eyes,"You're scarily accurate, sis." Akira sweatdrops before groaning as he leans back.

"What a pain... It sucks..." Akira whines as he glances back at the empty beer cans on his coffee table,"I just can't bum around without you in my hand. It just wouldn't be the same." he whimpers as y/n deadpans at him.

"Ugh, I've got no choice." Akira finally give in before heading for his closet,"I'll come with you, too. Otherwise you're gonna get yourself killed. Get dressed in the bathroom." y/n says before grabbing her duffle bag. Quickly, both young adults got dressed in clean clothes.

"Ladies first." Akira says, gesturing to the pipe next to his apartment,"Ass! It's oldest first! Get moving!" y/n growls as she gives Akira a little shove. Reluctantly, Akira went down the pipe first and then y/n,[I gotta try to get us reconnected with the telecommunications and internet. Otherwise, I'm gonna be bored without my mobile games.] y/n thought to herself,[Oh yeah, and get into connect with Shou again.] she hums before jolting in surprise when she hears her brother's scream and another man's.

"W-What's wrong honey!? Are the zombies climbing up?/Akira, why the hell are ya screaming for?" a woman and y/n ask at the same time before theu screamed at each other in surprise too,"Who the hell are you two!?" they ask simultaneously,"What're you two doing climbing on that!?" the man asks with a scolding tone.

"We're so sorry, uh, the stairwell in my building was crawling with zombies and  we need to get down there, so...!" Akira explains frantically,"Hurry, come inside! You'll both be safe in here with us." the man offers kindly as he stares at the two with worry,"Huh? Nah, we'll be okay!" Akira reassures him with a smile as y/n does a two finger salute,"We'd love to stay and chat, but we gotta run an errand." she grins and Akira 'Oh' with realization.

"Oh! Right, I'm Akira Tendou and this is my little sister, y/n Tendou. We're your neighbors over in the building next door. It must be fate meeting you here like this. It's a pleasure to meet you!" he greets,"What's up, neighbors!" y/n greets as well while the couple look at them dumbfounded,"Uh, o-okay... Um, I'm Kosaka. Hi." the man greets awkwardly.

"Oh yeah, by the by, we're headed to the convenient store. You two want us to pick up anything at the store? Food, flashlights, water?" y/n offers as she and Akira climb further down,"Y-Yes, please! Either of those would be great to have on hand!" Kosaka stammers as he and his wife leaned over the railing, watching how the siblings jump onto the roof of the parking area,"And some toilet paper if you can! Two-ply!" the wife adds quickly.

[Ack! That reminds me, I need to get some lady products myself.] y/n realizes,"Sounds good to me!" Akira give the couple a thumbs up right as y/n jumps off the roof and lands on a zombie's head. She quickly grabs a bike as Akira also jumps down, gets on the bike with y/n standing on the pegs.

Akira was the one to bike since he's got more strengths in his legs to bike both his and y/n's body weight between the scattered zombies. Unfortunately though, the zombies immediately noticed them and went after the two,"Oh man, now that's attracting a crowd." y/n sweatdrops.

"Looks like their numbers have grown a bit since yesterday." Akira notes as he pedals a little faster,"We're on a bike, so if they were to surround us, we'll might be in trouble." y/n tells her brother, but sighs when Akira simply grins,"Buuut, I'd rather be eaten by zombies than go another second without a cold one!" Akira declares as he out bikes the zombies, luckily losing them as the two made it to a vacant convenient store.

Once Akira parks the bike, the siblings hopped off as Akira starts to sing,"Beer~! Beer~! Beer~! Beer~! All you can drink~!" he stops momentarily so he and y/n could open the doors and slip inside. Akira then grabs a basket before skipping down the aisle with y/n following walking behind him,"Beer~! Any and every kind of beeeeer..." Akira trails off once the two round the corner, both shocked to see another survivor in the store with them.

[A girl?] y/n thought as the mystery woman drinks from her bottle of water,"Huh?" Akira squeaks softly as he freezes in his tracks while y/n calmly heads for a certain aisle. She luckily brought her backpack, a duffle bag and cool bag with her, so she grabbed whatever lady products she needed, including some pain pills before heading for the snack aisle.

All the while listening in on her brother trying to make conversation with the mystery girl,"H-Hello there. Are you out grocery shopping too? Gee, sure is a pain to get around now with all these zombies swarming." he says awkwardly as he grabs his beers from the fridge while y/n face-palms at her brother's awkwardness. She then sighs as she grabs the following food and snacks. Extra for the nice couples, too.

° Ten packs of instant ramen.
° Twenty small packs of cookies.
° Twenty packets of chips.
° Ten chocolate bars and pocky.
° Thirty bento boxes as well.
° Thirty packs of chicken.
° Twenty packs of cake.

"Um... I, uh..." she hears Akira stammer as she gets up and heads for the fridges as well,"Ack! I was actually planning on loafing around today drinking beer, but then I ran out, so here I am." Akira says as the girl ignores him, picks up her baskets and walks past him while y/n took her place and grabs the following drinks.

° Twenty soda bottles.
° Thirty water bottles.
° Ten Organic Juice Cartons.

[That should do it. Better take as much as I can, before this place gets invaded.] y/n thought as she zips of her bags and throw them onto her body. Her backpack on her bag, the duffle bag and cool bag's straps pulled over her head so they could hang on her sides.

"U-Uh, hey! Excuse me!" Akira quickly went after the girl with y/n following behind him,"I thought... That since you and I happen to meet each other here like this, we could, uh, maybe exchange contact info?" Akira asks meekly and surprisingly, the girl takes out her phone

"Oh, really? Sweet." Akira smiles with relief as he goes to take out his own phone while approaching the girl while y/n goes to grab two packs of TP,"Not that it's my business or anything, but risking your life to buy something so nonessential is definitely not something I would call 'high priority counts'." the girl finally speaks up as y/n returns to them.

"A prio...?" Akira tilts his head at her words,"Sorry, but I can't see myself teaming up with you. Maybe her, but seeing as she's carrying too much on her, she'd only slow me down. As for you, you're not someone who knows how to analyze risks." the girl points out as y/n drops the two TP packs and pulls out her handgun, seeing as zombies started swarming the place and are trying to get in, alarming Akira as well.

"I'm sure you both understand. I prefer not to lower my chances of survival." the girl says as the zombies pile in through the door, putting Akira on guard while y/n and the girl stayed calm,"Hey!" Akira calls out to the girl, but goes ignored,"So I'm afraid I'll have to pass on sharing my contact info with you." the girl says as the zombies got back up.

"Hey, miss! Watch out!" Akira call out as he rushes to stand in front of the girl while y/n aims her gun at the zombies,"Don't shoot that thing. The sound will only attract more." the girl tells y/n,"It's better than letting these ones get us!" y/n tells her, but makes a strained noise when the girl grabbed Akira's hoodie's hood, pulls him away and under her right as a truck crashed through the store.

Y/n's heart was almost beating out of her chest, letting out a relieved breath when he truck took out the zombies while the girl shielded Akira. Once everything calms down, she gets up off of him,"Hey." y/n calls out as she pockets her gun and approaches the girl,"Thanks, for saving my brother's life." she says with gratitude as the girl nods at her silently and then leaves.

That's when Akira finally came back to his senses as he quickly gets up and looks at the girl,"Thank you for saving me!" he says before spotting his damaged bike,"Oh no! Agh, my bike!" he wails as y/n grabs the two TP packs again while the girl biked off on her own bicycle.

"I see... Analyzing risk. Huh." Akira hums as he looks back at the damaged store,"I guess some of that stuff you see in zombie movies isn't that farfetched after all." he states as y/n chuckles,"Man, that's crazy." she says as she steps out of the store,"Hey y/n. That girl was badass, and pretty cute too. I wonder, will we cross paths again?" Akira questions as y/n shrugs,"Who knows? Fate has a weird way of working things out." she says before a zombie rounds a corner.

"Crap!" the siblings yelp in unison,"I was busy daydreaming!" Akira adds,"Okay, time to go!" y/n says nervously before she and Akira ran for it,"Should we make a run for it?! No, that's impossible!" Akira growls as they ran down the street.

"Well, you better think fast, otherwise we'll be zombie chow!" y/n tells him as they stop to search for anything that could help them,"There must be something we can use!" Akira says as the zombie walks after them. Luckily, Akira spots a red scooted behind them, that luckily also had their keys left in.

Quickly the siblings got on it with Akira taking the wheel while y/n sat behind him as they drove off,"Forget the bike, I got the upgrade!" Akira cheers,"Now this is so much better!" y/n says with a wide grin.

"I forgot this all started during rush-hour. The streets are littered with bikes and scooters with keys still in them. In fact, you arrived at my place with a motorcycle, sis!" Akira reminds himself,"Ah, good memories." y/n says playfully.

"Thanks to this, travellings around the city now is gonna be a piece of cake." Akira claims,"Hey now, hey now! Why do we gotta ride this scooter then when we can joy ride around the city in style?" y/n suggests with a grin as Akira grins at her idea as well,"You're right, y/n! Why upgrade just once when we can choose from any of these?!" he says before spotting a black motorcycle that caught his immediate attention,"Huh...? HAAAAAAH!?" he exclaims with awe before stopping the scooter.

Next thing y/n knew, she and Akira were riding on a black Harley-Davidson,"YEAAAAAAAAH!!!" the two cheer loudly,"Now this is the ultimate upgrade!" Akira hollars,"Akira, there's a ramp! Go for the ramp!" y/n encourages as she looks at a broken car door leaning half on a discarded tire,"Okay, hooold ooon!" Akira tells her as he launches themselves off the car door and into the air. As an added bonus, they flew right over a zombie's head, too.

Akira's landing was a bit skiddish, but he managed to keep the both of them from falling off the bike and from tipping the vehicle over. Though he was doing a wheelie and y/n had to use her legs to hold onto Akira's middle so she wouldn't fall off and to have to drop the packs of TP.

Soon enough, when the sun was beginning to set, the two made it home safely. Y/n was quick to secure the packs of TP to her body before she and Akira climbed the pipe again,"Phew! I stocked up on some beer, met a cute girl at the store, and managed to get the motorcycle of my dreams. Man, today was the absolute best!" Akira recalls today's events,"I'll say! I finally got some of my favorite snacks and food!" y/n says with a dreamy smile as the two made it to the nice couple's apartment. Akira proceeded to hang onto their balcony as he greets them.

"Mister and Misses Kosaka, we're back from the store! And we got plenty of beer if either of you want to join us for a drink or t-!" he offer with a closed eye smile, but when he opened his eyes, the sight before him was a horrific sight.

"Hey, Akira, what's the matter?" y/n asks as she climbs further up the pipe to peer into the apartment, only to gasp in horror at the sight as well. Turns out, the Kosaka's apartment got invaded by zombies while they were away. Blood decorated the entire apartment, furnitures thrown around and knocked over, while glass shard pieces littered the floor,"Mister and Misses Kosaka?" y/n calls out weakly, hoping that the two survived despite the obvious sight before her.

"Come on, let's go." Akira says calmly as he nudges his sister to climb further. Reluctantly, y/n climbs up until both of them reached their apartment. Y/n sighs as she showers, letting the warm water relax her before she get out of the shower. She takes her time in getting dressed before joining her brother on the floor, who had started to write more activities in his notebook, crossing off the newly added three.

1. CONFESS TO THE GIRL I LOVED

2. CLEAN MY ROOM

3. LOAF AROUND AND DRINK BEER ALL DAY

4. RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

Y/n hums as she leans her weight against Akira's side, who spins his pen around as he thought up of more activities to do,"Oh!" he smiles as he starts to write down more activities. In all honesty, y/n doesn't have any preference she wants to add to the list since most of them are things she wants to do as well. And if it's with her brother, that's also okay. It means she won't be doing it alone.

5. TRY OUT DREADLOCKS

Y/n snorts at that one as she giggles quietly while Akira writes more and more, reaching up until thirty activities,"I only have thirty?" Akira utters before noticing that y/n had fallen asleep against his side. He smiles warmly at her calm visage before carefully leaning back, bringing y/n into his arms so she could comfortably sleep on his chest.

"Things I wanna do. What else can I think of?" Akira whispers as he smooths down y/n's hair,"Now that I've quit work, I think... What I want more than anything is..." memories flashes through his mind before he remembers a conversation between him and y/n.

Flashback...

"Akira, when are you going to visit them?" y/n asks over the phone, sitting at a bar alone with a cocktail in hand as a way to unwind,"I don't know." Akira answers robotically and y/n sighs as she pinches the bridge of her nose,"Well, you better make up your mind soon. It's been a year, Aki. And, they're still your parents, too." she says softly.

End of Flashback...

Akira makes up his mind, as he carefully leans forward again. One hand secures y/n against his chest as he grabs the pen with other, writing down one more activity.

31. GO HOME AND SPEND TIME WITH MY PARENTS

It didn't stop there though. More ideas came to mind and Akira swiftly writes them down. A total of thirty-three activities.

"Yeah... There, I'm done." Akira smiles with satisfaction, gently closing his notebook. He then gently picks y/n up and places her on his bee, choosing to sleep in her sleeping bag tonight instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 52 34
What would you do if one second you were struggling to survive with your friends and mother in tow, and then you wake up to find yourself with a grou...
555 20 8
ᴀᴘᴏᴄᴀʟʏᴘꜱᴇ ᴀᴜ✩ (After losing her best friend, Y/N had to learn to survive outside and alone while only being 16. She thought it was too dangerous to...
29 3 14
When a virus turns people into flesh hungry zombies, the survivors must band together in any hope of escape. Only this virus is man-made and the perp...
24.9K 1.6K 19
An unknown virus ravages its way across Tokyo, turning its populas into cannibalistic undead overnight, its effects reaching even into the heavily is...