Chameleon - Shoto ASD fic -

By ell397

The sweet peppermint boy has ASD, but is in deep denial. But can a certain ADHD pikachu and Depressed Gastly... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45

1

297 3 0
By ell397

!!!TW!!!

Vomiting, SH references

CHAPTER 1

I tried to make my room look like my room at home, but everything was wrong. For starters, it smelt different, so I tried opening the window to help air it out. But that didn't work. Instead, I opted to light some incense.

Suddenly I laughed. Despite everything I've gone through at home, and what that place still reminds me of, I still need my dorm to look the same. What does that say about me?

A knock at the door brings me to my senses. I open it, and notice a very excited group standing there.

'We're doing a dorm competition!' Ashido squeals, pushing past me into my room. I start to panic. This is my space, my personal space, and I don't like anybody in here. It's not right. I feel my hands get clammy. I sit down, and begin tapping my hand against my desk.

You can't rock now. Then they will know that something's wrong with you. You're a freak.

I start zoning out, imagining me anywhere but here. I can't feel anything. I begin to grip on the desk, freezing it slightly.

'Okay, thanks Shoto!' somebody says, and they all leave. As soon as that door slams, I begin to panic.

They touched your things. They've messed everything up. It's all your fault, you shouldn't have let them inside, you're weak.

I try rocking backwards and forwards, trying to calm my thoughts. I don't know why, but this seems to soothe me. I begin to breathe more steadily.

-later-

I come downstairs, into the bustling kitchen. There's so much bloody noise christ. Even with earphones plugged in, it's so dizzying.

And then I smell it. Something awful. I wrinkle up my nose, gagging. Midoriya rests his hand on my shoulder.

'You okay?' I try and nod my head as much as possible, but the motion makes me feel even more sick.

'You don't look so good'. I smile weakly.

'It's all good Midoriya'. The smell hits my nose again; I can feel the saliva pooling around my mouth. I need to leave. NOW.

I run away, running up the stairs two at a time, throwing myself into my room. I run into the bathroom, immediately throwing up.

I hear footsteps behind me. They're so fucking LOUD. This makes me throw up harder.

'Shoto?' I hear footsteps stop behind me.

'Jesus'. I feel hands pulling hair out of my face, holding it back for me. I continue throwing up, a loud ringing penetrating my ears.

'Yo Deku is eve-WHAT THE FUCK?' I hear Kirishima yell.

Look what you're doing. You're making everyone worry about you. You're pathetic. Can't even handle strong smells. How the hell will you even be a hero?

'Get Aizawa!' I hear Midoriya yell. A small herd of footsteps leave the room, the door slamming on the way out.

FUCK. TOO LOUD. I instinctively put my hands to my ears, trying to get rid of the horrible noise.

I retch again, but nothing comes out. I feel Midoriya rubbing circles on my back. Damn. It's like I'm a fucking toddler all over again.

I push myself off the bowl, and Midoriya helps me to my feet. 'You good now?' I nod my head.

I hear footsteps again. The bathroom door opens, revealing a few classmates and Aizawa.

'I'll get you some water' says Midoriya, vanishing into my room. I close the lid, and flush.

Idiot. Now everyone will know.

'You okay Todoroki?' a concerned Aizawa asks. I look towards my classmates, who all look worried.

Worry. Okay. I think about how to answer. Aizawa looks towards my classmates giving them a scathing glance, and they all scurry away. Midoriya hands me a cup of water. I tentatively take a sip.

'Is everything okay?' I see Aizawa's eyes bare into my soul.

'Y-yes. Just ate something funny. That's all.' He huffs. 'Okay, well policy states that you have to be isolated from everyone for at least 48 hours just in case you have a virus or something'.

I nod. 'Okay'.

Midoriya pipes up. 'I'll bring you food and homework'. I see him smile. I copy him. 'Thanks.'

They both nod, then leave me alone in my room. I climb under my weighted blanket.

They'll find out Shoto. Then you'll never be a hero.

I huff. I know.

What are you going to do about it?

I have no idea. I think.

You need more practice.

Shit, forgot. I clamour out of the bed, and over to the mirror.

Happy.

I pull on my best smile, but even then it looks fake.

Sad.

I try a sad face. Shit. Even worse.

Worry.

No. Nope. Awful.

You'll never convince them. Why do you even bother? You're a mistake. A fuck up.

I hear laughing down the corridor. I wonder what they're laughing about.

They're having a better time without you.

I know.

You should do it.

Really. Now?

Yes.

I huff. I climb out of my bed, and head into my bathroom. I go into the closet, finding a pack of razors. I pick one up, admiring it.

There's a soft knock at the door. The noise makes me jump, and I cut open my thumb. How annoying. I grab a piece of loo roll, holding it over my thumb.

I walk over to the door, opening it. Standing there is...Kaminari?

His eyes wander down to my thumb. 'Jesus dude, doesn't that hurt?' Crap.

'It's fine' I say in a monotone voice. 'You sure? It's bleeding pretty bad'. I suck air quickly in-between my teeth. 'Ow, yes, you're right'. I furrow my eyebrows the best I can. Kaminari stares at me, unconvinced.

'Why do I feel like you're lying to me Todoroki?' I huff. 'What do you want Kaminari, I'm supposed to be isolating'.

'Well, It's just..well...' I tilt my head, trying to read his face – nope, never gunna happen. He's shifting his weight, fiddling with his hands. That's an anxious thing, right?

'What's worrying you Kaminari?' I ask, trying my best to sound worried.

'You smelt it too right?' I stare at him dumfounded. 'W-I Don't...what are you talking about?' He smiles. 'I saw you make a face when you came into the common room. Then shortly after, you were sick'.

'So?' I ask. Kaminari smiles. 'Well, I don't know if you know, but I've got ADHD, and I get really sensitive to smells and stuff. I just thought, well...'

I try my best laugh. 'No sorry. I ate something weird, that's all'. He shrugs. 'Okay man. But you can always talk to me.' I nod.

'And get that thumb bandaged up before you bleed out you muppet'. He heads off. I shut my door.

Would that really be so bad?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 2.3K 28
ー 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 ➷ [𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥] 「 [𝙋𝙞𝙠𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙪 𝙍𝙞𝙥 𝙊𝙛𝙛 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙩] Pikachu Rip Of...
25.1K 568 13
Kaminari Denki, class 1A's resident electric boy who is happy and energetic. That is the Kaminari on the outside, but what about inside? What really...
1.3K 76 15
꧁Obito Uchiha x Kakashi Hatake , Modern AU꧂ ➪Obito Uchiha is just a regular person. Nothing special really. He has a younger sister and two older bro...
342K 5.9K 104
Requests open (slow updates, not all requests are completed sadly) I promise the writing gets better as you go on. I'm always improving. Editing may...