AMBIVALENT ─ Velvet & Veneer...

By llesachi

━ Being a celebrity isn't always easy, however, seeing the annoyed look on Velvet and Veneers face everytime... More

INTRO.
01
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
AMBIVALENT <3

02

2.7K 50 102
By llesachi

YOI GOTTA WORK HARD TO MAKE IT LOOK EASY

YOU WERE ENTRANCED the moment your eyes met Velvet and Veneer's sharp cerulean-blue ones from where you were standing beside of the stage inside Mount Rageous' enormous concert arena, and for a moment it seemed as though time ticked slower. You could feel your knees becoming jello beneath you, beads of sweat forming on your freezing palm while holding the mic.

Goodness gracious did they sound so out of this world.

A small smile adorned your lips expecting they'd return it. Unfortunately they didn't, instead Velvet gave you a frown while Veneer rolled his eyes as they performed on the stage. You took notice of how it was mostly Velvet who sang louder and bolder, meanwhile Veneer was just happy to be performing with his sister with confidence.

Their performance came to an end eventually; their fans roared with praises that they engulfed in resulting for the arena to slightly rumble and vibrate. Now you understood the hype towards them. They did not just sing and dance, they sing and danced with pure confidence, power, and dedication. They performed, served, ate the whole arena up and left no crumbs whatsoever that you feared the people might get disappointed when it's your turn. How could you even get to their level of greatness?!

You were brought back to reality when you felt your secretary Chanel, tap you on the shoulder urging you to pay attention to the announcer that's currently introducing your name to the crowd. You walked up stage while they exited and at the moment you didn't expect to hear the same volume of cheers Velvet and Veneer received when the spotlight pointed to your figure.

You unconsciously searched for the duo to see their reaction, and when you did they did not seemed pleased. The whole time you sang, the two superstars kept on scoffing, rolling their eyes, glaring, and gossiping at you from below. Not paying any attention.

Instead of being disappointed, it made you even more giddy. Them being all mad and agitated only meant that they saw you as a threat to their career, they see you as competition. You smirked at the thought and continued to perform feeling a sense of pride; giving it your all just to spite the two. Ever since that day you made it your life's goal to constantly annoy Velvet and Veneer to the bone for no apparent reason - whether it be through performing or through small interactions backstage. You didn't really despise them for giving such a bitch ass attitude, nor did you love them too much either. Afterall, being in the music industry only meant that you guy's are 'rivals'.

It has already been a year - if not months ago - since that happened and now you don't exactly look up at them as highly like you used to, not after knowing what happens behind the scenes. Thanks to Crimp for spilling a lot. That assistant really amazed you with her patience. If you were the one being mistreated, you definitely would have filed a lawsuit - but no, she continued to work for them, talk about loyal.

Speaking of Crimp, you had coincidentally found her inside the Cafe you always visited, looking so much in distress. Boxes twice her size circled around her mop head-like figure talking on the phone. You figured this is the best time to help her and maybe gain more trust from the poor assistant.

"Hey, you alright?" Obviously not, but you still asked anyways; walking towards her booth right beside the windows - beverage in hand. "O-oh? yeah I'm fine!" Crimp replied almost immediately after ending the call. "Do you need help? Those boxes are like, triple your size, no offense" you sat on the cushioned seat just right infront of her, taking notes of the appearance of the boxes. Inside must be Velvet and Veneer's new outfits and accessories. Crimp looked hesitant, fiddling with her hands while deep in thought, until finally she sighed.

"Uhm i uh.. don't want to seem like a huge n-nuisance to you s-since you know.. You're a celebrity.. But yes please I would love your help" She stuttered with pleasing eyes. Ofcourse, you couldn't decline - you're the one who offered anyways and you did not want to seem like a total dickhead. "Sure thing"

"You can just uhm, place those wherever you'd like, I'll just fix them later haha"

After helping Crimp take the boxes inside the vehicle, you hadn't expected her to actually bring you to the studio where Velvet and Veneer often lounges. Guess she really trusts you then. Carefully, you placed the boxes on the coffee table that resided infront of probably the most lavish pink sofa to ever exist. Yeah, you're hella rich, but you didn't spend your money lining the walls with the most expensive paint and jewels ever. The white and pink color of the studio paired nicely with the golden accents their furnitures have.

"If you excuse me I just have something very quick to do, outside" you sat down the sofa and eyed Crimp curiously, is she serious about leaving you alone? Inside the studio of your opponents? "It's very very quick don't worry! Please don't leave yet" she pleaded, nervously fiddling with her fingers yet again. "Okayyy" you muttered.

It's not like something crazy will happen the moment she's gone, right?

The automatic door closed with a soft 'click' after Crimp left. Now that she's gone, you finally had the time to fully admire the room; almost everything is bought from luxury brands, there's a vanity area for when the duo needed to touch up, and most shocking of all, there are no CCTV's. Aren't they afraid that someone might sneak and snoop around their studio? Yeah, the building is littered with fuck ton of securities, needs confirmation to enter, and is only for celebrities - but hey, die hard stans would still find a way to be creepy and enter their idol's private property somehow. So they'd definitely need a camera for that reason.

But they don't so fuck it.

Being the nosy celebrity you are, your feet brought you to the vanity area that you have been aching to go to. The mirror was large enough to see your whole reflection clearly, but that's not the only thing attracting you; it's the diamond perfume bottle that has been stealing your attention this whole time.

You took the delicate bottle in your hands, eyes widening slightly seeing a sleeping troll inside "What the actual fuck" upon your words, the said troll opened its eyes in terror. "Who are you? Please, don't hurt me" he murmured weakly. He looked so pale and sickly; white strands of hair started to unnaturally blend in with his supposedly solid pink ones. "Why the hell are you in there?" you queried with a soft whisper trying not to scare him more, all the while tapping the bottle with your finger impatiently.

His lips began trembling softly, you started to notice how his hair covered one of his eye - is he emo? "Velvet and Veneer they.."

The exact second your ear registered their names, you brought the perfume bottle closer to your face "They did what? Tell me" you commanded. "They-they took me and now they keep on trying to steal my talent profusely" he stated in defeat. "Steal your talent? How exactly?" God, the questions just kept on escaping your mouth like a waterfall! But it's fine, because for sure you'd have all the information needed by the end of this. With your free hand, you turned on the voice recorder inside your pocket.

"First they captured me, next they put me inside this diamond prison making sure I don't escape, then the next thing I know they spray my talent like it's perfume all over their body..! Velvet and Veneer, they can't actually sing, those two are frauds."

Your face displayed a sympathetic expression, fingers swiftly pausing the recording. Poor guy has probably been through so much. "Aw I'm sorry to hear that.. By the way, what's your name?" the softness of your voice contrasted with the devious thoughts in your head, this information is definitely blackmail material. "It's Floyd— no wait don't spray it please!" Floyd visibly flinched when your finger laid comfortable atop the button of the perfume. You furrowed both of your brows in confusion "what? don't worry honey, I have my own talent"

Even before you planned to be an idol, you were working hard day and night just to achieve the talent you currently possess. This talent gave you fame, fame gave you money, and money gave you happiness. Using a troll didn't even cross your mind that time! Your only focus was your goal to improve, so the audacity of Floyd to even think you're going to use him offended you. But then again, you couldn't blame him for his PTSD, not when he's almost just the shell of what once was a cheerful troll.

Floyd released a deep sigh for the nth time. "You're not friends with Velvet and Veneer right?" he asked.

"No I'm not"

"Then why are you here?" he squinted his eyes, not believing your words.

"I just helped Crimp carry these boxes" you cocked your head to the direction of the said parcels.

"Are you also a celebrity?"

"Yes I am, extremely famous too, so what? Just cut to the chase Floyd." Quite frankly, you were starting to feel irritated with his questions, perhaps this is what the troll felt when you suddenly interrogated him with no warnings whatsoever.

"Will you help me then?" he threw a puppy-eye look to your direction. Gosh you forgot how adorable trolls could be. However, as much as you wanted to free the little guy, you couldn't just shove him in your pockets and flee then send him to the police or something — plus, what would you gain? More fame? Money? A better image in Mount Rageous and maybe even more? You honestly craved for more of those, but that also meant there'd be no more rivalry between you and your most favorite people to annoy! That's no fun at all! You wanted more thrill, more excitement, more interactions (aka arguing) with the duo in your life.

Maybe once you're finally satisfied you'd help him. "Oh I will Floyd, just not now" you gave him a smile and a wink. He definitely was disappointed but nodded nontheless "you definitely should put me down, Crimp might be back soon—" And as if on cue, the door opened revealing a disheveled Crimp with a paper bag in hand. Your nimble fingers dropped the bottle back to its original place.

"[name]? oh there you are!" Crimp waddled to the vanity where she'd found you checking yourself out in the mirror. You kneeled down to her level, confused as to why she'd just given you a bag of pastries. "It's my small thanks to you for being so kind and helping me all the time, sorry if it's not much" she explained.

Oh this sweet summer child.

"You didn't have to, but thank you so much!" you softly patted her head and you swore you could see tears building up from her bottom lash line. "By the way, where are they, those two" you blurted out, "oh they're at rehearsals!— aren't you supposed to be there as well?" Crimp raised her brows in concern, almost hyperventilating.
Oh shit right—i'll get going now" with that, you stood up and bid each other goodbye.

Across the enormous building that held Velvet and Veneer's luxurious studio parked an all-too-familiar car, and an all-too-familiar figure jumped when you were five steps away. "Chanel? what are you doing here?"

The tall blonde girl opened the passenger seat for you quietly, you thanked her with a curt nod before she re-entered to sit beside you. "Pickin' you up obviously, just so you know you're gonna be late for the rehearsals" she eyed your outfit, internally judging your sense of disguise. "I know, and don't even think about slandering my disguise girl — how'd you even find me" Once again, she gave you the side eye "we share locations, remember? so that I don't have to pester you everytime your famous ass is missin"

As the sound of the engine of the vehicle roared, you could feel the tips of your fingers tingling with excitement. "What's up [name] you're bein' all giddy and shit, do you have any gossips for me?" Chanel wondered with a sly smile, raising one of her brows repeatedly as if taunting you to spill the tea.

"Oh you better buckle up girl, 'cause this gossip is gonna blow your mind."

this fic is slow-burn so bear with me. also Chanel is just a character I made up for the story, if anyone of yall is confused :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 446 27
You've just graduated university, a degree in cosmetology and crippling debt to follow. You're distressed, regretting graduating with such a degree...
7.2K 183 22
HEYYYY YALL!! Im like suuuuper hyperfixed on Trolls SPECIFICALLY, Velvet and veneer. This is a STORY (My first full story!!) I have learned to write...
5.2K 214 12
━ Unexpected love story with your idol Kid Ritz just because of a box of donuts. Kid Ritz x Reader: fluff, little angst, crack.
66.1K 1.3K 14
𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 you end up accidentally capturing the heart of a famous singer.