The Moonlight of My Life [HP...

By Hime_chan10

Book cover made by @-goddesstier Luna Lovegood was seventeen when she got captured by Death Eaters, who took... More

The Main Cast
Ch. 1 The Preface
Ch. 2 We have a maiden in danger
Ch. 3 I am a Witch!
Ch. 4 You will be our ticket to survive the Mirkwood Forest
Ch. 5 They must be near
Ch. 6 Rivendell
Ch. 7 Please, take good care of me
Ch. 8 The beautiful and graceful messenger
Ch. 9 Bring her home
Ch. 10 Dinner at Rivendell
Ch. 11 You are my beautiful Moon
Ch. 12 He's a dear friend of mine
Ch. 13 Where is that woman?
Ch. 14 Sticky Toffee Pudding

Ch. 15 Take us to Rivendell

3.9K 291 65
By Hime_chan10

Legolas and his men made it out of the Mirkwood Forest safely. The group traveled to the Mountains with some hurdles. They fought against Orcs, who hated Elves and fought against thieves who wanted to steal their Horses and goods. They decided to take a break and camp out, with Legolas on the lookout.

Legolas lifts his head and stares at the Moon. His eyes dimmed, recalling the moment between his Father, Thranduil, and the illusion of his Father's Soul Mate, Luna Lovegood, in his Chambers.

He knows Thranduil and Celeste's relationship was platonic because they were childhood friends. He also knows that they love him deeply despite his purpose as the Mirkwood Kingdom's Heir because many fear his Father's Soul Mate will never appear and his Father will die lonesome.

Before making his presence known, he saw the longing in Thranduil's eyes when he and the fake Luna touched their foreheads. Thus, he is determined to find Luna and ensure her safety. All he wants is for his Father to be happy.

Some pebbles nearby got kicked, causing Legolas to grab his bow and arrow. He winced when his right arm started to burn out of nowhere. His eyes narrowed, looking at his weapon with mixed emotions. He puts the arrow in the bow and turns, seeing a man with dark hair and green eyes that reminded him of Emeralds.

" Who are you?" He asked, eyeing the intruder.

" Just an Archer walking by." The Man responded, aiming his bow and arrow at him.

His emerald green eyes intently stared at Legolas' blue eyes.

" If you are walking by, why aim your arrow at me?" Legolas firmly states.

Hearing Legolas' voice, his guards surrounded him and the Man. Their weapons are aimed at the Man, ready to strike with Legolas' command.

" I have faced various creatures." The Man eyed the guards from the corner of his eye while looking at Legolas. " It is best to be cautious." He says.

" You must be a human. What is your name?" Legolas asked since he noticed the Man doesn't have Elven ears like him and his Guards.

" Bard of Lake-Town. Also known as Bard of the Fallen Kingdom of Dale." The Man greeted.

" The Kingdom of Dale. I have heard of what transpired. So many tragedies caused by the Smaug." Legolas eyed the arrow.

" The Smaug has killed many of my people." Bard sneered. " I have traveled far to find allies to help me defeat the Smaug to reclaim my Kingdom and bring it back to its former glory." He looked at Legolas curiously.

" I have also lost people because of the Smaug. One of them being my Mother." Legolas confessed.

Bard slowly puts his bow and arrow down.

" We have the same agenda. Death to the Smuag." He realized.

Legolas hummed, wondering if Bard had gone to Rivendell. He has never been there in person.

" Have you gone to Rivendell? It is an Elven territory. One of its rulers is a close friend of my Fathers." He asked.

Bard's hands tightly grasped the bow and arrow.

Legolas did the same thing, and he understood why Bard was cautious because of what he had gone through.

" I have gone there before. The path to Rivendell is still fresh in my Mind." Bard nodded.

" Would you perhaps guide us to Rivendell?" Legolas asked.

His guards looked at Legolas as though he had grown a second head.

Bard raised an eyebrow, looking at Legolas from head to toe. Subconsciously, he rubbed his right arm since it'd been itching him.

Legolas intently stared at Bard.

' No. It can't be.' He internally says, looking in denial.

" No. No. No." He paced to the left and right.

" What is your problem?" Bard asked.

The guards looked at one another since they were confused by their Crown Prince's actions.

" Why him of all creatures in the world?" Legolas muttered.

' Can an Elf have a Human as a Soul Mate?' He internally asked, looking confused. ' I must speak to Lord Elrond and ask. Maybe he knows the answer.' He sighed.

He turns and walks up to Bard. He grabs his hands and holds them tightly.

Bard looked at their joined hands, perplexed.

" Take us to Rivendell." Legolas firmly says.

Bard's eyes blinked, and he looked at Legolas.

" There is someone in that Town I have to meet," Legolas revealed. " She is very important for my Kingdom." He looks at Bard.

" And who is that, if I may ask?" Bard asked.

" My Father's Soul Mate. The Future Queen of Mirkwood. My Stepmother. Lady Luna Lovegood." Legolas responded.

" Well. Your group is in luck because it'll take us the sunrise to get to Rivendell." Bard lifts his head to look at the Moon and stars, which lets him know it is nighttime.

Legolas lets go of Bard's hands and puts his weapon away.

" Gather our belongings and the horses. We are heading to Rivendell." He looked at his Guards.

His Guards nodded, cleaning up their area. They put their stuff away and on their horses.

" You guys aren't tired?" Bard asked, watching Legolas and his Guards get on their horses.

" I cannot rest until I see Lady Luna Lovegood. I have to make sure she is well." Legolas held his hand out to Bard since he didn't have a Horse.

" Since I know the path to Rivendell. I shall ride the horse instead. So, you will be behind me." Bard grabs Legolas' hand and gets on the horse.

Legolas adjusts himself so Bard can be comfortable.

Bard grabs the rein on the horse and directs the animal to the pathway to Rivendell.

" Everyone. Follow along." Legolas looked at his Guards.

His Guards nodded, directing their horses to follow behind him and Bard.

At Rivendell, Luna took a warm bath and changed into her nightwear. She brushed her teeth and washed her mouth.

She walks out of her bathroom and enters her bedroom. She runs towards her bed and jumps on it, laying her head on the pillows.

" Why is Thorin such a big meanie!" She adorably pouted, grabbing a nearby pillow and hugging it.

Her gaze softened, getting tired. Her vision dimmed, and she closed her eyes, falling asleep.

The Nargles: Willow, Tilly, Blaze, and Zephyr appeared. They flew in a circle above Luna, watching her sleep. They looked at one another, wondering what the Elven Witch was dreaming about.

Luna appeared in a dark-lit room.

" My Beautiful Moon." A voice greeted Luna, causing her to open her eyes.

She looked forward and saw Thranduil in his royal attire, looking at her with mixed emotions.

" Thranduil," She called out, remembering his name.

Thranduil approached Luna and gently touched her cheek, afraid she'd break or disappear.

" Soon. We will see each other soon. My son, Legolas, shall guide you to me." He spoke, his voice gentle and sweet.

" Lego is coming to get me." Luna smiled.

Thranduil nodded.

" Legolas is one of my best Warriors despite being the Crown Prince. He shall get to Rivendell as soon as possible." He reassured.

" Does your Kingdom have festivals?" Luna asked.

Thranduil tilted his head.

" I went to a festival today at Rivendell! It's called the Festival of Colors! There were lots of food, games, and dancing!" Luna babbled.

Thranduil stayed quiet, listening to Luna's adventure.

Luna started to dance around Thranduil, causing him to chuckle and look at her amusingly.

Even though there was no music, Thranduil couldn't help but admire how beautiful and graceful she looked when dancing.

Thranduil grabs Luna's hand, which looks tiny compared to his.

" We do not have festivals in Mirkwood. But, I shall create one for you. What should we call this festival?" He asked.

Luna stopped dancing and looked at Thranduil.

" My favorite season is Winter. How about we have a Yule Festival where everything snows. There is delicious food. And everyone gives each other, or their loved one presents!" She smiled.

" That sounds wonderful. Once you come to Mirkwood, I shall announce the birth of the Yule Festival." Thranduil takes Luna's hand to his lips and kisses it.

Luna beamed, excited that there would be snow in Mirkwood, even though she didn't know how the Kingdom looked.

" Even though I had fun at the festival of colors, one of my companions, Thorin, almost ruined my Day." Luna wraps her arms underneath her chest, looking upset.

" Thorin?" Thranduil's gaze narrowed. " The name sounds eerily familiar." He mutters.

" Then again, I was getting tired, so I snapped and pinned him with my spears made of light. I don't know how I did that. But, it looked so beautiful." Luna smiled.

" It is time for me to go." She looked away when she heard her name getting called.

Thranduil's gaze saddened.

" Wipe that sad face and smile!" Luna turns and looks at Thranduil.

Thranduil amusingly chuckled and smiled.

He watched Luna disappear before him, making the dark-lit room darker, and darkness surrounded him.

" She will never love such a Weakling like yourself." A demonic voice cackled.

Thranduil turns and glares when he sees the Smaug's eyes staring down at him.

" You lost your first Wife to me! Who knows, your precious Moon can be my dessert next time." The Smaug taunted.

" Get out of my head!" Thranduil shouted, holding his hand out to the Smaug as a white light came out and pierced the Smaug on its chest.

" Your Majesty! Your Majesty! Is everything alright? We heard you scream," Thranduil's Royal Guards shouted.

Thranduil awakens from his nightmare, looking at the ceiling with mixed emotions.

" I am fine." He reassured.

" I cannot let the Smaug take her away from me." He shivered while hugging his fur blankets close to him.

Tears fell from his eyes as thoughts of Luna getting killed by the Smaug consumed him. He shakes his head, pushing the negative thoughts away, remembering Luna's words.

" Wipe that sad face and smile!" Luna's sweet voice echoed.

Thranduil begins to relax, even though he is annoyed that it is morning since the sunlight is shining upon him. He decided to close his eyes and rest again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 452 17
SWEAR IT GET BETTER AFTER THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS After years of homeschooling, you finally join Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in your fo...
121K 2.8K 38
64.537 words Y/N is an 16/17 year old girl, she is in her 6th/7th year of Hogwarts, during her holiday on Hogwarts one night didn't end well, there w...
179K 8.7K 46
A shadow lies on Thranduil and his forest, and only a power stronger than the darkness of old can save them. Grief and loss have turned him into a ki...
108K 2.7K 17
Summary: Ninfea Evanna Potter, the girl-who-lived, the chosen one has finally defeated the dark Lord Voldemort, however when she went to the Headmast...